PDA

View Full Version : Alas, Babylon.

Guest.
05-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Just got to chapter 3, it's pretty great so far.

Smashdood
05-20-2008, 07:38 PM
It's a great book, but when I had to read it for social studies, nobody else in my class finished it.

Pro tip: remember the guy's mistakes, so you can be prepared when the bombs drop.

Guest.
05-20-2008, 08:02 PM
It's a great book, but when I had to read it for social studies, nobody else in my class finished it.

Pro tip: remember the guy's mistakes, so you can be prepared when the bombs drop.

How far into the book does it hit? I would figure that it would be a chapter of him meeting the family and getting food prepared and then the next chapter we would know that it was coming.

Smashdood
05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
How far into the book does it hit? I would figure that it would be a chapter of him meeting the family and getting food prepared and then the next chapter we would know that it was coming.

He prepares and stuff in 3-4. End of chapter 4, beginning of 5 is where everything gets explodey. Make sure you know all of the character names at this point, because you'll start to get confused if you don't.

After that, it's about survival, and it gets pretty creative. Randy turns into a badass in short order.

Guest.
05-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I'm already confused by all the people. The only ones I can name off my head is Randy (the protagonist?), Florence, the lady in the beginning, and Mark, Randy's brother.