PDA

View Full Version : Freeborn (wRHG Clan)

Chromium7
01-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Éяєєвσяη
Chaos with better lighting.

Members:

Kyra (Kyra)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?43368-wRHG-Character-Profile-Kyra
Rhami/Astor (acutelatios)
-pending-
John Doe (Crankuba)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?43850-The-Defiler-August-Pine
Arcene (Hazzerdous)
-pending-
Tirus (Nevron)
-pending-
Delta (Chromium)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?48623-Delta

Timeline:
Freeborn came to its inception as a worldly organization between on the year 2010. Within the context of story, it was conceived two or years prior to the date of our first collab. It came about as a gladiatorial alliance between Arcene and Kyra. Arcene had stumbled across Kyra in the woods near her Toronto home. Befriending the girl, she shielded her from the demons that had now invaded the surrounding area, searching for Kyra. Later on, other gladiators began to find refuge here, including Tirus, Daemon (Epsilon), Rhami, and a nameless man taking the name "John Doe". The group prospered for a while, but eventually the group's bonds began to fade. Arcene grew bitter, eventually throwing the group out of the house due to various personal issues. While able to secure a cabin for the gladiators, one of the members (Daemon) was later found dead. And finally, the point at which the first collaboration begins is just after a battle between Kyra and John. The fate of all members involved is close at hand.

Challenges:

We have two 'challenges' we Freeborne like to put ourselves up to. The first is the 100 Theme Challenge. The idea for this is similar to that of BSE or other challenges, where writers are given a randomly generated theme once every two months to write a story about.

The second is the Annual Freeborn Collaboration.
Once a year, us Freeborn Folk come together to compose a story together. Doesn't matter when, doesn't matter why... just once a year. Our progress is listed below:

Annual Freeborn Collaborations:

AFC I:

Chapter 1 (Early 2013)
Chapter 2 (-pending-)

Clan Status:
Not accepting new members at this time.
Collaboration in session.

Go ahead. Cry out in fear. Tears dilute in blood.

Luzoto
01-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Members:

Kyra (Kyra)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?43368-wRHG-Character-Profile-Kyra
Rhami/Astor (acutelatios)
-pending-
John Doe (Crankuba)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?43850-The-Defiler-August-Pine
Arcene (Hazzerdous)
-pending-
Tirus (Nevron)
-pending-
Delta (Chromium)
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?48623-Delta

Good lord, this team's going to bulldoze over the competition. But there's one problem, I do believe Sacred said there would be four people per clan. We need to get this Writer's Lounge a little more organized.

Chromium7
01-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I suppose we'll just up it to six for now; I think it'd be a cruel thing to have to start cutting members when we're already so close, though we'll see how it all turns out.

SpeerMintty
01-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Rules are Rules Bucko, but why not make em honorary members?

Luzoto
01-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Rules are Rules Bucko, but why not make em honorary members?

Dude, there's really no sincere rules that have been set out yet, not until they get a thread for clan prerequisites. Who knows, we could raise the number up to six with a bit of discussion.

Xero
01-02-2013, 07:58 PM
Oh sweet, it's back.
lol, I heard kyra's wRHG champion of sorts.

Kyra: Speaking of which. I'm apparently the new 'wRHG executioner' now.
Kino: lol
Kyra: wRHG friend: Hey um...I don't want to write about this guy anymore...mind battling me and kicking my ass and killing me so I can replace him?

Me: ...sure?

SpeerMintty
01-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Well crap... i dont want live on this planet anymore T^T
JK i still got ppl to screw with >:)

But seriously, if Kyra's from FA, then were most likely screwed :)

Chromium7
01-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Crank? Inspiration? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off for the next 36 hours.

But seriously, I think half of the writers here have inspired me in one way or another. You guys are great.

And also, having six members wasn't intended to be rule-breaking; these are the same six we had over on Fluidanims, I didn't realize until after making the thread that this would be an issue. If we're still doing brackets, I'm sure there could be a six-member bracket Freeborn could fall under.

And yes, I would consider Kyra to be our resident butcher. GL y'all.

SpeerMintty
01-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Well just hav to wait and see i guess, if something goes wrong, make two people start another clan and like i guess become allies and clan collabs and all that Jazz, we just gotta see how it rolls

BlizzyGuy
01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
What the hell is going on. Lol JK :P

Nice clan, I love the "Freeborn" name. and can't believe this clan is full instantly lol.

Luzoto
01-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Nice clan, I love the "Freeborn" name. and can't believe this clan is full instantly lol.

This clan was straight from Rock Hard Writers. wRHG has a longer history than you might believe.

Chromium7
01-02-2013, 08:55 PM

To be fair, Kyra and Hazz came up with the name and pretty much filled up the entire clan before I got to it.

I just re-posted it here and made it look pretty.

Crank
01-02-2013, 09:04 PM
Crank? Inspiration? Excuse me while I laugh my ass off for the next 36 hours.
Heh, and this is why I love the fact that Luzoto beat you to the draw by three minutes!

And thanks Hewitt, that means a lot to me! You're a heck of a force to be reckoned with yourself, and I've got evidence, especially considering your last battle got over 20 votes!

Equinox Fox
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Wait I remember this.
This was the only one I remember that actually struck a chord in my memory. Had really good members.

Azure
01-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Hello guys, I'm back. Glad to see you've got your clan up and running already. Hope everything goes smoothly for you guys. I'm rooting for ya. I probably won't start up my old clan, since I'm going to limit my writing on this site.

Camila
01-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Oh my, the best wRHG clan back on FA. This is the reason of why I loved to read stories. I can't wait to read some of your stuff guys, keep it up!.

Kyra
02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
wRHG Clan: Freeborn Update

Holy freaking crap guys, it's been months since I've come back to Stickpage. The massive delay on all monthlies, wRHG battles, and our annual collab has mostly been my fault for not exactly managing the clan like normal. School, college plans, scholarships, and last minute volunteer hours have been driving me into some other level of insanity I can't even describe. I know most of you other guys have been preoccupied with your own lives/schools/jobs, so I suppose there isn't a big problem with that. However, after all of this has finally passed, and I graduate in May it's full on writing for me! (Unless Guild wars 2 takes up my priorities list again. [I CAN QUIT ANYTIME] *storms off*)

In any-case, enough of my blabber. Onto news, announcements and of course, updates!

< The Kyra vs Sebastion Battle has been under heavy delay for obvious reasons. I'm starting to chip away at it again and hopefully will have it completed soon >

Progress bar: [|||||-----]

< From what I've heard, Crankuba is working on the aftermath of the John Doe vs Kyra battle. I highly suggest reading it due to the massive changes that will follow. (Also, why not? We're just that awesome, aren't we?) >

Progress bar: ?

< Our annual Freeborn collab progress has been slowed to an agonizing crawl. But as soon as I'm in more contact with the main members involved, gears should start turning and words will be typed! >

Progress bar: [|---------]

< I have heard little from Hazzerdous and Chrome in regards to the Stickpage clan as of recently. I'll be doing my best to contact them and confirm future plans and/or the current state of the clan >

That is all for now. Keep writing my literate followers!

- Kyra

Crank
02-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Alright, we seriously have to do something. Something small if nothing else, but it's time to make an impact. We need to prove we aren't just a gimmick.

acutelatios
02-12-2013, 11:15 PM
How about a little collab with whoever's free or online, probably a three-way I think by the looks of it? It doesn't have to follow the current storyline that's happening with us; just something fun but of course something epic that leaves everyone's mouths agape after they read it.

Crank
03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Sounds sick! I'll see ya there!
Hopefully some classics'll be there! I think everyone who joins would like to play with fear of the dark!

_Ai_
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM
So...will the legendary wRHG executioner be there?

Crank
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Is anyone else here? I feel like I'm the only active member. Like, at all.

I know we haven't done anything in a really long time, but do we at least have a pulse?

_Ai_
03-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Is anyone else here? I feel like I'm the only active member. Like, at all.

I know we haven't done anything in a really long time, but do we at least have a pulse?

You're the last remaining member left, I think.

acutelatios
03-18-2013, 11:54 PM
...I'm always here...
Just watching and lurking...as I've always been but I usually forget to log in
I've been trying to balance school and writing so you might see some works of mine soon...
but never think I'm not here...I always am...

*vanishes back into the shadows*

Kyra
03-25-2013, 01:19 PM
[-- Freeborn Announcement --]

Starting as of March 25, 2013, I, as addressed by my username Kyra, have officially begun the process of retiring the infamous wRHG gladiator 'Kyra' from our Stickpage community. Her legacy will be known to some and be told of to others, but in my advancement and growth as a writer, inspiration and 'push' towards her story-arch [or lack there of] have dwindled. It is safe to say I can no longer continue writing this character to the best of my abilities. The past Champion of wRHG is stepping down from her pedestal.

And with the dramatics out of the way, here is what will be happening.

I know this is going to be a shock to most of the people who write and are close to me, but rest assured I will be handling this entire project personally to ensure no one is running about in a frantic stupor. I plan to do the following and then some to ensure nothing is left unfinished.

[-] I will be posting my unfinished battle against Sebastian once he completes [or does not complete] his.

[-] I will donate all of my old battles since the beginning of my Fluidanims era to the wRHG museum.

[-] I will be arranging a meeting with the remaining Freeborn members on a draft for a writing piece which will address Kyra's leaving. Then, proceed to write the piece. Leadership, housings , and relations with other groups and characters will be discussed during this meet as well.

To my clan-members, I'm dreadfully sorry you had to learn about this in this manner. Forgiveness is something I will not expect nor care to receive. But I will tell everyone who has followed me over these years, 'Kyra the Demon' is leaving, but Kyra is [I]/not/. Even as our activity has dwindled and my leadership has become almost void, even as the lives around our writing begin to consume us; We will not fade, we will not fall, and we will not die.

[I]We will be chaos with better lighting, for we will light our candles from their torches.

Cordially yours,

[--] K Y R A [--]

_Ai_
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Aw man. There goes a good writer. So the 'wRHG Executioner' steps down. Today was a bad day, for sure.

acutelatios
03-25-2013, 02:11 PM
Aw man. There goes a good writer. So the 'wRHG Executioner' steps down. Today was a bad day, for sure.

Not writer; only the character! Kyra is still going to be around but her gladiator will not, at least in battling terms.

_Ai_
03-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Not writer; only the character! Kyra is still going to be around but her gladiator will not, at least in battling terms.

Oh. I thought she herself was gone. Showing us a great feat, time and time again.

Kyra
03-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Oh. I thought he himself was gone. Showing us a great feat, time and time again.

You mean "she 'her"self..?

[Blast my gender-neutral name]

[-] Kyra [-]

Crank
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Heh, well that was a sudden shift in my mindset!

"Oh hey! We might be active!"
*clicks*
"Fwaaa!"

Within all seriousness though, Kyra, there's nothing to forgive, because you didn't do anything wrong. And as far as breaking the news here goes, it makes a lot of sense. We're a hard group to catch one on one.

_Ai_
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
You mean "she 'her"self..?

[Blast my gender-neutral name]

[-] Kyra [-]

Sorry, I shall fix that right away.

Chamel
03-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Wait... NUUU KYRA!!! I will miss you... You truly drove fear into me :) Will you be back with a separate character? If not, I wish you luck

Azure
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
You're mostly being a bunch of.sillies. Switching things up helps keep creativity fresh. I commend her for letting her character go. (I knew early because I'm made of candy.)

Triss
03-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Wellm I never heard of Kyra, but I wish "she" could execute more people.
Other than that I wish you have good luck on your social life.

P.S: Is this clan still going on?

acutelatios
03-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, we're not dead yet bud :3

Kyra
04-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Yeah, we're not dead yet bud :3

Unfortunately, after some discussions with Crankuba as well as acutelatios after this post, we've decided that in the midst of all of the oncoming chaos there will soon be almost no more 'true' remaining members of Freeborn. Crankuba is planning an event [which I will not elaborate on] with John as I have begun to plan Kyra's leaving. That will leave Rhami, but acutelatios tends to be busy [To be honest, we all are].

The process of our new clan will begin as soon as Kyra's retirement and John's 'event' take place. This clan post can remain for other future updates. But eventually, we will be starting on a clean slate once again. We are not dead, simply taking a new shape.

- Kyra -

_Ai_
04-20-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey Kyra, happy birthday to you.

And I just want to ask, if you retire Kyra, will you make another wRHG?

Edit : Nevemind that, I just looked over to wRHG Characters.

Kyra
04-28-2013, 06:42 AM
wRHG Clan ĎFreeborní Final Update.

Well, itís been a long few months since my retirement sparked all of this extra activity in the forums. But, if you look back at that post and look over my plans, I have a feeling that after the events that have just taken place we may be unable to follow-up with some of these plans. I wonít take forever typing up a paragraph that details every single happening, so Iíll use simple bullets and summaries.

- Crankuba (John Doe/August Pine) is taking a most likely permanent leave from deviant art, skype, and thus most likely writing due to personal conflicts. You and your literary genius mind will be dearly missed, best of luck with your life.

- Hazzerdous and Chrome have both been extremely in-active, and having gotten back into scarce contact with them, it appears they donít wish to make a come-back into wRHG writing. You two will also be missed. Best of luck in school, life, and all that lies in the realm of reality.

- With a combination of school, up-coming college, and other life quarrels, my time has been few with wRHG. As a result, I have decided that I will not be making a new clan. Iím sorry you had to hear it this way, acutelatios, but it was to be expected given the circumstances. Freeborn is dead.

Itís been a good run with you all as writers, and I have to admit that I have sad feelings pulling at my chest as I type this update. To see a cooperative group with a reputation like ours part ways, most likely for good in some aspects, has unsettled me. But, life moves on and so must we. After this string of events and going-away announcements, I think that my follow-up to my wRHG character poll may be more delayed. I need time to collect myself and comfort those who remain in our disintegrating group.

Expect some more updates, eventually. But most likely not on this page.

- Kyra -

acutelatios
04-28-2013, 08:03 AM
It has certainly been a blast my dearest Kyra and fellow Freeborns; Crank, Hazzerdous, Chrome

I guess in a way I knew this would happen. With Hazzy and Chrome hard to get, then Crank's absence the whole week before. I expected that worse and here's what I got. Ah well, time's always a changing and unfortunately there's not much I can do about. Though I hope that this separation between all of us is just temporary. I don't know how temporary it will be but we can't just end like this. We'll be back and we'll be better than ever. But maybe that's just the dreamer inside of me. Again, it was nice being with all of you guys and gals. It was an honour of meeting such talented writers. I wish you all well in your endevours and as August says: "Courage guide you" and as I say; May the moonlight forever light your path.

And now I'll close with this

For the past is behind us
The future unknown
And the moment is all the we have to call home

Best of luck my brothers and sisters.

Kyra
05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
THE END

Gone.

They were all gone.

Wave upon horrible crashing wave of emotions: Guilt, hatred, despair, and loneliness. It left her speechless for hours, and those hours progressed to days. The freeborn household was consumed in the silence, as if being buried alive in a disgusting oddly colored muck. It was just her, all by herself. She would count down the list of her past members every day, almost like a sort of sick ceremony, point out how each one left and how each could be pointed towards her.

Arcene had not been seen since the team was forced to heave her household, Jay had left to pursue her. He said he would return by the end of the week. It had been three months.

Epsilon had long been killed, she already knew this, and already knew it was her fault. She dug into her memories like a dagger puncturing skin to remove a bullet, the pool of blood she found on the rotting wooden floor, the tears that ran down their faces as they regained consciousness. Rhami had clung to the collar of her shirt, begging for her to do something about it. But it was far too late.

Rhami had disappeared a long time ago, occasionally returning with a looming cloud of depression swarming her mindset. She hardly acknowledged the team when she even was home, which wasnít often. This time was different however, it had been months, perhaps half a season. There was no doubt that she was gone too.

Finally, John. His leave was the most mind boggling and mysterious. He came to visit her as usual, being the only one that kept her company anymore, left as usual to sleep at his apartment and never came back.

It was over. Freeborn was dead.

And so would she.

It had been easy really, Jay always kept one of his cyan carved pistols in the top drawer of his old room in case of another break-in. She /hated/ that cold destructive piece of metal which she was clasping in her hands only a minute later. She didnít want it to come to this, but she had tried everything else. She stopped eating and she stopped sleeping, but her demonic half would endure. Although she felt that misery was all that she deserved, it was too much for her to take anymore.

The cold dark steel was pressed against her temple, pressing on her locks of brown hair. Her chest tightened and her throat narrowed. The seemingly eternal silence was broken by her blubbering sobs, her tears burned against her scarred eye. Her index finger slipped into place, tapping the trigger anxiously. Her other fingers were curled against the handle, just like she had seen Jay hold it, only the barrel was never pointed at him. She gasped in a breath, her crying taking most of her ability to breathe to begin with, her exhale forming into an ugly series of congested cries and squeals in longing and pain. All those years of telling her she wasnít a monster, all those years of telling her she was a sister, a friend, perhaps even a mother one day. The same people who left with little warning and never came back.

She should have known they would lie to her.

She should have known.

And as the beast in her subconscious eyed the puny mortal, sobbing like an infant in need of food. Itsí slit-like eyes narrowed. It had to have been a bluff, no human would be brave enough to take their own life like this. Both were exhausted and lacking the energy to survive such a blow. She had to be lying. After all, humans lie all the time. There were still the opportunities to grow old, find new friends. Though they would probably end up meeting their maker to the demon or leave her like these ones had. Abaddon had hardly had to lift a finger and the girl was already alone again. If anything, the humans did a better job at making her miserable than it ever could. It was almost proud, before realizing it was directing positive feelings towards the humans and mentally spat.

ĎThey obviously would have left you. I predicted this from the start.í It cooed to the human, having to call out a few decibels over a shout to defeat her sobs. ĎWeíre a monster, and monsters are abandoned. They are shunned, hated, discarded, left for dead, and are never loved. You never had a chance, which is why I was plotting their destruction from the start. Donít you think that their misery would have been more relieving than your own as they left one by one?í

ďIím not doing this because Iím miserable. Iím doing this because they were miserable and that was why they left.Ē

The rather suddenly calm voice left Abaddon to fall into a very death-like quiet.

ďI donít want to do this to get my own pain over with, Iím going to do this because I can save the future pain of others being around me. Being around /us/. This isnít about me, which is why you canít manipulate me, this is about everyone else. Everyone else that you cannot control with your magic. Your goals, your mind set, and your motives were all based on the misery of one person. Because, you knew that I would seek the help of others and drag them down into the hell I was going through. So I simply wonít exist to let them be pulled into our madness.Ē

Her index finger twitched.

ĎDonít you dare.í

She shut her eyes tightly, folds of her skin along her eyelids deepened the more she pressed them together.

ĎPut it down, I command you!í

ďItís my turn to give the commands. Say goodbye.Ē

A gunshot rang through the forest as a limp pale body collapsed into a heap on the wooden boards of the once existent Freeborn household. Now just a broken-down hut in the woods with nothing left in it but a body, a pistol, and a silver locket that bounced under the couch when dropped. The empty thing hung open as blood began to seep under the furniture, staining the bottom of the silver.

Later that evening, the RHG community made the announcement that Kyra the Demon was dead.

And the city rejoiced.