PDA

View Full Version : Shit...

Kitsune
05-20-2008, 09:25 PM
So, I arrived at the state competition for the PA Computer Fair, after beating everyone in regionals, and waiting anxiously for 2 months. Now after the 3 hour drive to Dickinson college, I arrive in the presentation room, show my shit, and check out the competition. it turns out, out of the 4 places that get money, I got none. I drove three hours, worked in school for four months, and spent literally weeks perfecting my animation to be bested by these people:

A fair warning: Both of the following animations exceed in retarded Nickelodeon-Style Cartoon goofiness and plot...
Mischief Melee (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/432350)
Hyperanimation (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/432040)

My animation (the unfinished version thats on the internet now):
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83530&highlight=Kitsune%27s+flash+page

I don't like putting a plot into my animations, personally, but apparently, the judges were super-horny for it, so Hypermation got 1st, Mischief Melee got 2nd, a 3d thing I'm yet to find got 3rd, and a news channel 6 crap animation that I really believed deserved the least out of every animation there got 4th. I respect that the first two animations had gotten their places, for I do believe they deserved it over me.

To be honest, I feel I should have gotten 3rd, or at least 4th. I've improved on my movie, so it may be a bit more worthy to see now, but I'm yet to upload a finished swf.

The judges at this competition are very biased on their own opinions. I'm fine with the fact that they're spooging over ridiculous spazzings of a 7 year old midget, or a monotonous idiot doing unfunny satire, I respect their opinions, and am okay with the quality of their movies. Judging these competitions always seems unfair, but I have to suffer through it for one more year. >:( Hopefully, when I focus a hearty 9 months into the competition, I'll come out to win something.

I'll be animating over the summer, fall, and winter as a primary project to try and win this before I graduate high school. Our school has never won states, so I'm sure it will be a grand honor to eb the first. I don't mind 500 dollars going to college as well. :D This is one of the many reasons I had to leave the stickpage competition

So, onto a related topic so I don't have to post two threads:

I feel as though my for-profit animation has gone a bit down on its cause, so I'd like to find an advertisement site that will give me money for posting a non-hindering advertisement on the menu. No contradictions, just answers please... I know this isn the general help section, but I thought I'd slip this in along with the discussion of my defeat.

STUFF
05-20-2008, 09:38 PM
The animation was alright for both and I really just don't enjoy how the characters are drawn. I personally hate that style.

Let's see your animation now..

Krob
05-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Both of those animations killed me a little on the inside while watching them.

Devour
05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I personally liked what I saw from your animation a lot more than any of the winning animations.

Devour
05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
I personally liked what I saw from your animation a lot more than any of the winning animations.

azam_me91
05-20-2008, 10:06 PM
First one looks like Ed, Edd, and Eddy...that cartoon in CN.

Kitsune
05-20-2008, 10:52 PM
The animation was alright for both and I really just don't enjoy how the characters are drawn. I personally hate that style.

Let's see your animation now..
As do I. An unfinished version of my movie is in the flash section in the thread, "Kitsune's Flash Page". Search it. :P

edit: did it for you

http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83530&highlight=Kitsune%27s+flash+page

holy **** dude i was suppose to go to that but i didnt want to

we couldve met and had babies
I wish we met. That would've been great.

and erotic

Both of those animations killed me a little on the inside while watching them.
I hated the spazzing, the ill humor, and the childish cartoons coming from 17 year old guys.

Thank you. I appreciate getting nice feedback like that. :3

Thank you. I appreciate getting nice feedback like that. :3

First one looks like Ed, Edd, and Eddy...that cartoon in CN.
That's what he said too!!!!

Kitsune
05-22-2008, 07:24 PM
i was suppose to go for the logo but im way to cool for that

i wouldve won too, mine was BA

=/ You do this when there's an animation category?

So one of the advisors or whatever of my region, IU 20, sent my teacher an E-Mail saying that I should have won, she was really impressed with my project, and that she teaches college animation, and my animation surpasses most of her students'. :D

And I'm average or so here in my opinion.

Mantiscore2
05-23-2008, 07:49 PM
So you think you should win an animation contest with some floating blobs over something with a storyline that actually looks like it took more than an afternoon of LSD-induced boredom?

GL WITH THAT.

Ssjbryando
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
So you think you should win an animation contest with some floating blobs over something with a storyline that actually looks like it took more than an afternoon of LSD-induced boredom?

GL WITH THAT.

LOL.

I see why hyperanimation won over you tho =3 kinda, Since its very long, colorfull and funny? I guess. not that I loled but w.e. still its fed up man.

Kitsune
05-27-2008, 03:38 PM

GL WITH THAT.

Could you shut the **** up? That's not my point. I clearly stated that they won over me fairly.

I respect that the first two animations had gotten their places, for I do believe they deserved it over me.

To be honest, I feel I should have gotten 3rd, or at least 4th. I've improved on my movie, so it may be a bit more worthy to see now, but I'm yet to upload a finished swf.

If you could ****ing read, READ the letters with that alphabet you learned recently, I stated they were better than mine, and they won. They deserved it. I said they were ****ing retarded. The news channel one was shit, and the 3d one had no skill in it at all. I REALLY ****ing wish I could show you these animations.

My animation was two minutes, the longest animation I have made, and a lot of planning time. I am insulted that you'd even joke that I take drugs. It was four months of perfecting, animating on and off, and rushing to make it as good as possible. No one can make anything in one afternoon.

And yes, I am taking your post way too seriously, and knowingly at that. I have no reason not to be really ****ing pissed at your post int he position I am in. Not in the contest, I'm over the loss. I feel disrespect from the smug overlooks and shots you're making.

Stop replying in my ****ing threads you epitome of nuisance!

ThatGuy
05-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Your last name is Klopfenstein?
That sucks

Ordinair
05-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Try involving a story line, some element of humor, or even a little bit of color for that matter. Maybe that'll get the judges attention next time.

The standard in rl is a lot different than an underground animation forum. In rl, there has to be a begining, a middle and an end in an animation otherwise it wont be exiting or make any real sense. Really, all people care about on a forum like this is being amazed the visual elements and dont care if it is abstract or realistic.

Nodd
05-27-2008, 10:21 PM
uhhh, so what dude?

Win some, lose some.
Feeling sorry for yourself and pretending like you did all of your hard work for nothing just because you didn't win makes you a sore sport, bro.
If you're into animation for the money, the women, and the glory.. well let me let you in on a big secret, you're not going to get any of that animating anyway.
But I will tell you this, if you can really say that you haven't learned anything useful from this experience, then maybe you should give up animating all together, I'm sure you had fun and gained a lot from this, there's more to life than winning.

Nodd
05-28-2008, 10:37 PM
there

hmmm. interesting. tell me more.

Nodd
05-28-2008, 10:39 PM
http://blogs.sun.com/Sun_on_Health/resource/kaiser_data/Green_Apple.jpg