PDA

View Full Version : Failing's Balance Ideas

FailingAtFailing
01-03-2013, 12:04 PM
As we may know, some units are overpowered while others are underpowered in one way or another. Well, I can only speak for Order since (oddly) I have never faced someone using Chaos and I do not have Chaos.

I will group my ideas into either a nerf, or a buff and seperate them per unit. There will also be some changes I would like to be made. I will start with nerfs.

Nerfs
Giants
Huge giants spamming are difficult to beat if you do not expect them. I suggest that the growth ability must be used per giant. You research the ability to grow them, which costs gold and mana, same as now.

Then you must select a giant, then click the grow ability. It would take a giant a full minute to grow from normal size to full size.

You cannot grow a giant until it has been on the battlefield atleast 30 seconds, then you must wait another 30 to grow it again. The first growth costs 300 mana, the second growth costs 500 mana.

Also, raising their population usage to 10 or 12 would also make them less spammable.

Albowtross
Albowtrosses should take one more population, since they are almost unbeatable in swarms by anything other than giants or magikill. Even then magikill would most likely die after their first spell. Perhaps even having to land them for merics to heal them. While on land, the albowtrosses can be killed by anything.

Buffs
Swordwrath
A speed increase so they slightly outmatch a spearton in terms of speed. Currently I have noticed that speartons are slightly faster than swordwrath. Swordwrath are meant to be a rushing unit after all.

Archidon
The archidons should reveal more of the map. They have to see farther to shoot after all.

Changes
Magikill
Magikill right now only have 3 abilities, which if used, render the magikill useless for a few seconds, unlike other units which can constantly do their job. And NO, the Magikill staff punch attack doesn't count.

I suggest that magikill have a fourth ability which let's them create a temporary miner wall that is the exact same as a normal one, however it only lasts 10 seconds. This can be used to slow down an enemy so an army can retreat.

Merics
Remove their attack so they don't suicide rush the enemy! Also, maybe a mass heal spell that costs 200 mana. It would be like the magikill explosion spell, but friendly units affected would regain 3 bars or health (enough to fully heal a magikill, meric, miner, swordwrath, archidon or albowtross)

Miner Wall
The Miner Wall should deal minor damage to any unit that touches it. This damage would be very minor and only enough to kill a SINGLE swordwrath attacking it. I mean, those spikes do nothing? Hard to believe.

Speartons
Speartons should be able to move at 10% speed while in shield wall form.

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 12:08 PM
Can I post an idea. I'd like to say that Giants are OP :D I can't back it up, too dumb lol
Also, I believe Tec says albows are too OP because not many units can hit it. My opinion is that while not many units can hit it, one of the things that can Hard Counter it, Giants lol (only in numbers, ex. 12 albows vs giants.. Not very fair lol. 12 albows vs maybe 4-6 is more fair, and that way giants definitely win (with micro, 0 casualties for giants)

jerrytt
01-03-2013, 12:16 PM
You should definitely include marrowkai health nerf. Its almost the same as a fricken spearton.

FailingAtFailing
01-03-2013, 12:24 PM
You should definitely include marrowkai health nerf. Its almost the same as a fricken spearton.

I have never faced Chaos, nor used them. I can't say anything about them.

Triss
01-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Probably nerf the health of marrowkais and medusa
All order support receives 1-hit K.O from lvl 2 shinobi

DragonFrost
01-03-2013, 06:15 PM
yEAH.. But not marrokai and medusa..

jerrytt
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
at least make medusa 1 hit kill and marrowkai 2 hit kill to not mock us with that last hp bar:O

FailingAtFailing
01-04-2013, 05:27 PM
at least make medusa 1 hit kill and marrowkai 2 hit kill to not mock us with that last hp bar:O

Again, I don't know much about Chaos but shouldn't marrowkai have less health since he's just bones?

stickman311
01-04-2013, 05:32 PM
He only got two spells so
No

Panki
01-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Tough bones
XD

stickman311
01-04-2013, 06:08 PM
Medusa is weak against numbered units though

stickman311
01-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Lol your buffs,nerfs,and changes are just unacceptable

stickman311
01-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Giants to population 10?thats just unacceptable.The giants armor are as good as they are.

stickman311
01-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol im not giant spAmmer. Im a guy who trains things randomly but i rush speartons.Lol you can't beat giant spamming?your a noob

_Ai_
01-05-2013, 05:57 AM
*I'm (2X)
*you're

You got mad and started nazi'ing. No flaming here but stickman311, you shouldn't call others noob. Even if they really are noob. It's disrespectful.

FailingAtFailing
01-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I am HIGHLY doubting the legitimacy of stickman311's posts on this topic....

Panki
01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I am HIGHLY doubting the legitimacy of stickman311's posts on this topic....

^This, because he's starting to get annoying.

_Ai_
01-05-2013, 10:26 PM
He's getting annoying..... at an annyoing rate
Annoyception

300noob
01-06-2013, 04:51 AM
giant really need to be in that nerf list
the last battle, i fought a guy spam 7+1 (ghost) giant(s)
no way to counter it....everything i created got demolished in seconds...just 2-3 volleys and my meat shield giants are dead.
and he spam them in a very very short time. the time it took me to build 2 albows OR 3 speartons OR 4 sword, he got a giant
don't tell me to use mage...i already said it took 2-3 volleys and meat shield giants are dead and only 1 volley to kill the mage...

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Giant is on the nerf list....

FailingAtFailing
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM
giant really need to be in that nerf list

I'm not quite sure you read

FailingAtFailing
01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Just saying, but if none of these nerfs get accepted except for one, atleast make giants take up 12 population. It's a quick number change that could really put a dent in spammers.

The ones I have fought are so arrogant and think they're the best in the world for using the "most pro" strategy in the world. Sometimes they're even the silent ninjas that play dumb and at the end just say that they are pro and I suck. Atleast half my losses are against giant spammers that I didn't expect, such as on long maps.

I mean, we can all agree that making a unit take up more population will make it so there is less spam, or spam to a lesser degree.

DragonFrost
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM
YES! That way giant spamming is UP :) even pure giants, you can only have 6 now

MiamiBigAL
01-08-2013, 12:22 PM
12 pop could make things interesting, that's for sure.

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 05:27 PM
:> I wanna see the faces of giant spammers if giant pop becomes 12 lol

FailingAtFailing
01-08-2013, 06:58 PM
:> I wanna see the faces of giant spammers if giant pop becomes 12 lol

They would be so pissed because then they would realize that they can't use any other strategy since their skill level is below negative 9000

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 07:08 PM
LOL except for spamming giants

77Row
01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
There should really be only 3 giants allowed on the battlefield at a time.

uberman
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
AGREE!
Giant spamming is really OP.
I worked like mad to get back up the (lower half of the) top 100 list, and then lost two games in a row to giant spamming - and lost 40 reputation from two matches because these spammers had so much lower rating than me. I went right back to ninety something, almost fell of the bottom. Twenty places on the leaderboard....

Dont get me wrong, I dont mind losing - I lost a LOT of games. But I just dont like it when the game is such that all you need to do is manage to spam giants and its almost all over for the other guy.
Giants can be beaten, I have beaten a few giant spammers, but it is simply unfair to have a single dominant unit SO dominant in a strategic game like this - otherwise the only stratergy is about getting out giants, lots and lots of giants. The build time is short enough that as soon as you beat a giant, new ones are coming - and the population count is SO LOW that to counter giants needs such a huge population, say 5 Juggerknights (20pop, 2250 gold, 250 mana, God knows how long construction time) to beat 1 giant (7 pop, 1500 gold, 0 mana and a hell of a lot less construction time)

It is pretty obvious the giant, particularly order giant, is OP.
It is pretty obvious that the best strategy is all about giants, all be it probably mixed with a few merics etc.
It is pretty obvious that this is not in the best interests of an enjoyable, long term strategic game to have one super-dominant unit.

It is pretty obvious that it needs to change, with highest priority.
It is pretty obvious what will happen if it doesnt.

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
:) that would totally improve my rating (assuming i have no lag LOL)

Azxc
01-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Hum.... about giant spammers....
I have figured out the way to defeat them
100% victory for me to fight giant spammers (not in that stupid short castle lol!!)

I will post a thread about my strategies later
The GIANT Empire, is about to FALL

Bladed Fire
01-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Giant masser types:
Giants with archidons
Giants with Magikill
Giants with Spearton
Giants with Meric
Giants with Ghost
Giants with Albowtross
Sneaky Giant(That attacks and retreats that damages and stuns your troops while you didn't saw it.)
Giant Rusher(Make Giants attack continously)
Azxc please help us to list out how to defeat them.

Azxc
01-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Giant masser types:
Giants with archidons
Giants with Magikill
Giants with Spearton
Giants with Meric
Giants with Ghost
Giants with Albowtross
Sneaky Giant(That attacks and retreats that damages and stuns your troops while you didn't saw it.)
Giant Rusher(Make Giants attack continously)
Azxc please help us to list out how to defeat them.

Giants with archidons, still swordwraths
Giants with magikill, if you are rich enough, take out the magikill with your ninja first, then swordwraths rage kill giants
giants with speartons, counter it with swordwraths+albowtross+one giant
giants with giants ghost, still swordwraths
giants with albowtross, use your magikill to kill those albowtross, use swordwraths or speartons as a distraction
Sneaky giant...? Go to pwn them all when they are alone
Rushers, still swordwraths

Swordwrath originally counter giants, see my thread here
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?49164-Say-Goodbye-to-giant-massers-my-strategies-V-S-giant-masser!

Bladed Fire
01-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Probably computer mistakes. If not why you double post? Just to .change the link?

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 06:54 AM
:/ don't double post

300noob
01-10-2013, 06:28 AM
First Albowtross really shouldn't be on the nerf list.
Second, nerf Medusa and Marrowkai health, don't mock us with that last health bar when ninja hit with shinobi level 2!

Bladed Fire
01-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Get more ninjas. Chaos have advantage because they have to pay.

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 07:00 AM
...how does chaos have advantage if they pay...

Bladed Fire
01-10-2013, 07:05 AM
One, I like all the units :p
Two, the spellcasters are in more health and faster casting speed.
Three, all units have different usage(like crawlers to sneak miners and bombers to destroy economy)
Four, natural healing(not very an advantage lol)
Five, poison master
Six, nothing
Seven, nothing to say(just need to count to ten)
Eight, nothing again
Nine, Eclipsors can kite and fly.
Ten, Giants can have AOE damage and can hit flying units with the effect.
That's all. But some of them is actually not an advantage.

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 07:08 AM
Lol giant are sucks against ranged. It's better if you try to rage kill them, but they can't hit ranged units. Also, why are 6,7,8 nothing lol

Bladed Fire
01-10-2013, 07:11 AM
I like to have it to ten,lol. Actually, I found that Marrowkai's reaper spell reload time is too fast.

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 07:13 AM
I found that too. If you watched cc's video on giant massing, I got reaped, retreated to heal, sent another, it was reaped immediately :/ kinda unfair

Bladed Fire
01-10-2013, 07:28 AM
Lol, I realised that by watching the video XD. Yeah, Marrowkai is kinda op. Don't know how was his hell fist spell.