PDA

View Full Version : Albowtross Spam

FailingAtFailing
01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I have tried some albowtross spam and it is very effective. The following are my results.

These are tests done purely unit on unit. I did these with DragonFrost (IGN: Fr0st)
I have included some numbers, and we were only testing to see the final result of which army won.

Results of Defence Against Albowtross Spam

Only testing final result of battle
12 albowtrosses
Blazing Bolts

Costs:
5800 gold
2400 mana
48 population

Defence 1
6 speartons
6 archidons

Speartons in shield wall mode
Archers using fire arrows to target albowtrosses

Costs:
4900 gold
500 mana
30 population

Result:
Albowtrosses can fly over speartons, directly on top of archidons so speartons cannot block shots. Archidons shot and killed quickly. Speartons finished off.

Albowtrosses WIN

Defence 2
6 fully upgraded Order giants

Order Giants attack albowtrosses and retreat when health drops

Costs:
9200 gold
250 mana
42 population

Result: Giants stun about half of the albowtrosses, preventing them from attacking by keeping them in stun lock. The stunned albowtrosses are killed quickly, with the others following.

Order Giants WIN

More testing will be done with other unit combos

The following is a field test, done in a normal game to see if I could get this strategy to work from the begining to the end.
Field Test
Entered a public match that was ranked.
Match played out like this:
I (FailingAtFailing, IGN: FailingAtFailin) started with 2 swordwraths and a miner. I sent the swordwraths to the centre tower ASAP and replaced the ones that died. When 2 miners came back with gold at once, I would get another miner. I eventually got Tower Spawn 1 to hold off attackers until I got an albowtross force.

Once I had 4 albowtrosses, I had 10 miners. I was sitting on piles of gold with my only requirement being mana. So I gave the centre tower to my opponent. I eventually got 15 albowtrosses and 3 castle archers along with Blazing Bolts. My opponent had a Tower Spawn 1, which was quickly shot down by my albowtrosses before reaching my (precautionary) miner wall.

My opponent got Tower Spawn 2 with a fully upgraded giant. I killed that with 1 albowtross fatality, which I quickly replaced. I took the centre tower which was oddly guarded by a single archidon. My ghost spearton attacked and I saw that my opponent was going for a giant spam and had recently completed their first giant, which was garrisoned to have it hidden.

I attacked the statue since giants were an albowtross force’s only weakness. The giant was not released (oddly) and I suffered ZERO casualties, despite 2 castle archers.

I won, and I now have a more detailed version of the albowtross spam.

Step 1: Acquire centre tower
Step 2: Obtain Tower Spawn 1
Step 3: Keep tower while building albowtrosses and miners.
Step 4: Research Blazing Bolts
Step 5: Attack before opponent can get many giants.
Step 6: Win

Special Thanks to my opponent Shadey117

Also, if people start spamming albows now instead of giants, I will take the blame.

Panki
01-03-2013, 08:38 PM
NONONONONONONONONONONO!

DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO DO THIS! IT'LL BE LIKE THE NEXT GIANT RUSH/ SPEARTON RUSH!

stickman311
01-04-2013, 01:39 AM
what if the enemey builds miner walls and has 2 giants at the time and if he attacks.your 12 albowtoss will die by 3 castle archers before destroying the tower.(miners garrisoned.giants behind the statue)

malbence
01-04-2013, 04:42 AM
How to beat albowtrosses:

Castle archers. 3 of 'em.

Make a giant.

WHAT YOU GUYS NEED TO LEARN TO DO IS TARGET.

PRESS SPACEBAR. RIGHT CLICK AN ENEMY UNIT. ALL YOUR UNITS ATTACK IT. EVEN CASTLE ARCHERS.

Wipe 'em out, one by one. Keep choosing an enemy.

This works all the time.

After all, think about it ... 3 arrow guys completely safe, a huge meat shield for your statue, +stun, low health enemies ... what more could you ask for? Make a fast offensive though, and scout often because your opponent will either make a mainly ground army, rebuild albowtrosses, or a mix. So you need to know what to build for.

jerrytt
01-04-2013, 07:06 AM
wait, castle archers attack what you attack? can anyone confirm this?

DragonFrost
01-04-2013, 08:00 AM
No they attack the first enemy to come into range, unless some other unit blocks it after the first unit is within range. Btw I believe that castle archers have a similar bug to wingadons. When I massed albows... When I was pwning the statue I noticed for each castle archer shot, it only hit 2 albows

jerrytt
01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
I thought they target the first unit that comes into range, and lock on until that unit is dead or out of range. for some reason, when i attack an enemys base with a sword wrath and archidon, halfway through the attack the archer spawns and locks on to my archer, not my sword wrath.

yeah, for some reason flying units are dealt reduced splash damage.

DragonFrost
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Thats what i basically said (the first part i mean). It aims for the first unit within range. BUT, another unit can stand in front of the first unit in range and the arrow will shoot the unit in front instead.

jerrytt
01-04-2013, 11:22 AM
It will hit the unit in front, but it will still be aiming at the first unit that entered the range. Then if the unit in front moves up more, out of the way of the arrows,the arrows will then hit the unit it was aiming at earlier.

SolitaryFear
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
I have tried some albowtross spam and it is very effective. The following are my results.

These are tests done purely unit on unit. I did these with DragonFrost (IGN: Fr0st)
I have included some numbers, and we were only testing to see the final result of which army won.

The following is a field test, done in a normal game to see if I could get this strategy to work from the begining to the end.
Field Test
Entered a public match that was ranked.
Match played out like this:
I (FailingAtFailing, IGN: FailingAtFailin) started with 2 swordwraths and a miner. I sent the swordwraths to the centre tower ASAP and replaced the ones that died. When 2 miners came back with gold at once, I would get another miner. I eventually got Tower Spawn 1 to hold off attackers until I got an albowtross force.

Once I had 4 albowtrosses, I had 10 miners. I was sitting on piles of gold with my only requirement being mana. So I gave the centre tower to my opponent. I eventually got 15 albowtrosses and 3 castle archers along with Blazing Bolts. My opponent had a Tower Spawn 1, which was quickly shot down by my albowtrosses before reaching my (precautionary) miner wall.

My opponent got Tower Spawn 2 with a fully upgraded giant. I killed that with 1 albowtross fatality, which I quickly replaced. I took the centre tower which was oddly guarded by a single archidon. My ghost spearton attacked and I saw that my opponent was going for a giant spam and had recently completed their first giant, which was garrisoned to have it hidden.

I attacked the statue since giants were an albowtross force’s only weakness. The giant was not released (oddly) and I suffered ZERO casualties, despite 2 castle archers.

I won, and I now have a more detailed version of the albowtross spam.

Step 1: Acquire centre tower
Step 2: Obtain Tower Spawn 1
Step 3: Keep tower while building albowtrosses and miners.
Step 4: Research Blazing Bolts
Step 5: Attack before opponent can get many giants.
Step 6: Win

Special Thanks to my opponent Shadey117

Also, if people start spamming albows now instead of giants, I will take the blame.

Umm... yeah Giant spam is a bit hard to contend to when spamming Allbowtrosses, but again,they have slow speed. The best thing to do is to lure the Allbowtrosses to your base and attack the statue while they slowly fly back. And also your opponent must have been relatively weak because nobody gets Tower Spawn II before they have a sufficient defense...

Believe me I have fought many Allbowtross spammers (with Blazing Bolts) and the best thing to do is

A. Lure them then attack statue ONLY for long maps

B. Spam Giants as soon as possible

Your opponent did not have the correct strategy against this unit and therefore he lost. I would've won in your case.

FailingAtFailing
01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
How to beat albowtrosses:

Castle archers. 3 of 'em.

Make a giant.

WHAT YOU GUYS NEED TO LEARN TO DO IS TARGET.

PRESS SPACEBAR. RIGHT CLICK AN ENEMY UNIT. ALL YOUR UNITS ATTACK IT. EVEN CASTLE ARCHERS.

Wipe 'em out, one by one. Keep choosing an enemy.

This works all the time.

After all, think about it ... 3 arrow guys completely safe, a huge meat shield for your statue, +stun, low health enemies ... what more could you ask for? Make a fast offensive though, and scout often because your opponent will either make a mainly ground army, rebuild albowtrosses, or a mix. So you need to know what to build for.

Castle Archers can be told to target units with space? Huh, I didn't know that. I didn't really care since (oddly) they do splash damage. Also, if you have only a single giant, you can only stun a single unit. Then what? The other 14 are still attacking while the one just hit was pushed back behind them, the damaged one uses his healthy allies as a (weak) meatshield.

A. Lure them then attack statue ONLY for long maps

B. Spam Giants as soon as possible

Luring doesn't work against some people. I can usually tell when my units are being lured towards the enemy castle so I call them back to the tower or castle (if I don't have tower) and/or put them on Hold so they don't move. Any cheap unit would be killed almost instantly by enough albows so..... You're spending a spearton or Juggerknight to lure which is semi-expensive.

Giant Spam is countered by the tower spawn. It either attacks enemy miners to (possibly) kill them. If they have walls, the walls are slowly whittled down and have to be replaced, spending gold (which could've been used for giants) and taking a miner off duty for a while. This slows down giant spam until I have enough albows to just destroy everything. Even if they only have 1 or 2 giants, they can only hit one or two units at a time. Not good against a swarm.

NONONONONONONONONONONO!

DONT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO DO THIS! IT'LL BE LIKE THE NEXT GIANT RUSH/ SPEARTON RUSH!

lol

Azxc
01-04-2013, 06:49 PM
Thats what i basically said (the first part i mean). It aims for the first unit within range. BUT, another unit can stand in front of the first unit in range and the arrow will shoot the unit in front instead.

Yep, when my giant ghost is throwing STONE to the statue (he got into the range first)
I usually send 2-4 albowtross behind the ghost to shoot the statue or the enemies giants

My ghost giant ate all 3 castle archers arrows and only 1-2 arrows were eaten by my albowtross

It is also a good tactic to deal with stupid giant massers

YQ2012
01-05-2013, 08:09 PM
It depends on the distance/range...

DarknessLight
01-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Castle Archers can be told to target units with space? Huh, I didn't know that. I didn't really care since (oddly) they do splash damage. Also, if you have only a single giant, you can only stun a single unit. Then what? The other 14 are still attacking while the one just hit was pushed back behind them, the damaged one uses his healthy allies as a (weak) meatshield.

Luring doesn't work against some people. I can usually tell when my units are being lured towards the enemy castle so I call them back to the tower or castle (if I don't have tower) and/or put them on Hold so they don't move. Any cheap unit would be killed almost instantly by enough albows so..... You're spending a spearton or Juggerknight to lure which is semi-expensive.

Giant Spam is countered by the tower spawn. It either attacks enemy miners to (possibly) kill them. If they have walls, the walls are slowly whittled down and have to be replaced, spending gold (which could've been used for giants) and taking a miner off duty for a while. This slows down giant spam until I have enough albows to just destroy everything. Even if they only have 1 or 2 giants, they can only hit one or two units at a time. Not good against a swarm.

lol

I'm too lazy to edit SolitaryFear's quote only, so...

Anyways, spamming any single unit is kind of ridiculous. I have encountered 15 or so Allbowtrosses and I've killed every single one of them. And again, Allbowtross take a long time to load and 3 Allbows (which is less than the equivalent of a Giant), takes longer to load AND is more expensive. It'd be easy for a Giant Spammer to get his army ready before yours.

FailingAtFailing
01-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm too lazy to edit SolitaryFear's quote only, so...

Anyways, spamming any single unit is kind of ridiculous. I have encountered 15 or so Allbowtrosses and I've killed every single one of them. And again, Allbowtross take a long time to load and 3 Allbows (which is less than the equivalent of a Giant), takes longer to load AND is more expensive. It'd be easy for a Giant Spammer to get his army ready before yours.

Read that this doesn't work against mass giants.

DragonFrost
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
:/ people these days don't read before they talk..

LonelySolitude
01-07-2013, 07:41 PM
:/ people these days don't read before they talk..

Read before they type.

I'm speaking, or typing rather, on DarknessLight's behalf.

DragonFrost
01-07-2013, 08:06 PM
According to Tec, you're the same person..

LonelySolitude
01-08-2013, 01:37 PM
According to Tec, you're the same person..

Same IP address, I use the same computer network as him, doesn't mean same person exactly.

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
Oops sorry. Tec's exact words: I don't know if it's the same person, but they have the same IP address.
So yeah, I guess no one knows if you are the same person (except everyone, from the way you talk)

3FFA
01-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Seriously drop the act. I'm surprised there isn't a rule saying no alternate accounts to avoid bans.

DragonFrost
01-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Huh? Why would multiple accounts be illegal (except for boosting post count)? Ex. Cc2 for example made a new forum account cuz his first was banned for a while (and not many people are that patient lol)

3FFA
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Explained this in chat.

WyzDM
01-09-2013, 11:58 PM
There's good and bad to this, like with every strategy.

First thing, is pure flyers is possibly the worst option. You're open to really spearton pressure if he charges your base. To even make that kind of a force you also need a strong economy, and by that time it's hard to pin your opponent with just some wings watching his second row of gold outside of castle archers. Chances are he'll have a giant before you manage to get over 5 wings, and if he has another other ground force he can still mess with your economy.

Also, placing a tank unit (spearton/jugger) in front of archer/dead is really good to ward you off early. Only takes one of each, and then giant spawning shall begin.

I Like to mix up with ninjas/speartons. I typically use speartons because I like the mana to flow more into the flyers but ninjas can sneak in and hit miners/poison and spawning giants. really key for keeping them in the defensive state. Then focus the economy to tower spawn II and let it rip.

stickman311
01-10-2013, 01:19 AM
I thought you use chaos

WyzDM
01-10-2013, 01:45 AM
I play both, some players know how to easily counter chaos, in which case I play Order.

xvdaemonicxv
01-11-2013, 01:29 AM
I play both, some players know how to easily counter chaos, in which case I play Order.

That's me ;)

WyzDM
01-11-2013, 02:11 AM
That's me ;)

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/oh_you.jpg?w=720

ShadowyWhisper
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
There's good and bad to this, like with every strategy.

First thing, is pure flyers is possibly the worst option. You're open to really spearton pressure if he charges your base. To even make that kind of a force you also need a strong economy, and by that time it's hard to pin your opponent with just some wings watching his second row of gold outside of castle archers. Chances are he'll have a giant before you manage to get over 5 wings, and if he has another other ground force he can still mess with your economy.

Also, placing a tank unit (spearton/jugger) in front of archer/dead is really good to ward you off early. Only takes one of each, and then giant spawning shall begin.

I Like to mix up with ninjas/speartons. I typically use speartons because I like the mana to flow more into the flyers but ninjas can sneak in and hit miners/poison and spawning giants. really key for keeping them in the defensive state. Then focus the economy to tower spawn II and let it rip.

Heh, I remember a few months ago when WyzDM was 1500 like I was at the time and I beat him horribly. That was a different account, by the way, and now he's WAY out of my reach. Anyways, what WzyDM said is correct, and is exactly what I posted earlier...

Invincitron
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Hi reader,

Best way to defend against Allbowtross:
Get 2 Magikill's (Keep them alive!), get 5 Giants, and get 3 Castle Archidons. Block the Allbowtross bullets from coming near the Magikill. Magikill's use poison spray and blast quickly finish off the Allbowtross.

Best way to attack against Allbowtross:
Get 2 Magikill's (Keep them alive!), get 3 Giants, and get 6 Speartons. Speartons will be the meat shields, always defend the Giants. Giants will stun Allbowtross and Magikills will finish them off with poison spray and blast.

.:Invincitron:.

MrSticky
01-28-2013, 05:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHUvQEXmg0

Results.