PDA

View Full Version : looking for advice and ideas for, dealing with different maps as chaos.

uberman
01-04-2013, 04:16 AM
I have learned a lot, and raised my game a lot, and made it into the bottom half of the top 100. :) To improve more, I think one of the things I need to do is have a deeper understanding of how maps influence strategy. Another is using marrow, medusa, and chaos giants effectivly. So any comments and criticsms on these or other points are highly welcome.

My strategy works well, sometimes, and fails baddly at other times. Normally the early game (getting control of the tower) seems to determine which.
If I get the tower and supress him, I win - if he gets the tower, (and builds giants), he wins. Rush to statue can swing this, but its the normal run of things.

My basic plan (flexible, depending what he does, how hard the fight for the tower is) 1 miner 3 crawlers, get tower, attack his miners with crawlers and bombers till he puts up walls or castle archer, then I pump economy, build wings and juggerknights for hit and run - get tower spawn 1 to tank.
EDIT - Post miner patch, the start is 2 miners 2 crawlers, third crawler with the first 150 from miners. Gives 3 crawlers in the same time, but with the advantage of having 4 miners rather than 3.

Things I dont know;
How should you change the basic plan for long, medium and short maps.
In general, on short maps I am thinking you need to pump military earlier to avoid being over-run, on longer maps you can build economy more safely.
But is that it? what are the other factors?
So;
long maps, 2 crawlers, 2 miners. Get tower, build bombers and miners. Attack his economy till he builds walls or archers. Try for an early bomber attack, he's probably not expecting it.
short maps, 3 crawlers 1 miner. Fight over tower, build 2 more crawlers to fight over tower, and build miners with any spare cash, build castle dead soon, as the range of their attacks can come right out to the tower area, where there will be a lot of early fighting. Get out juggerknights as soon as possible. Economy is secondary, military primary.

Things I do know;
- I know that you need to observe what the other guy is doing, and react to counter it - as cheaply as possible (i.e. maximum loss to him, minimum loss to you).
- I know that you need to have a good economy in order to have a good military.
- I know the start should be all about getting the tower, and trying to supress his early economy while building your own.
I believe this is best done by first secure tower, then attack miners with bombers and crawlers, when he builds defence (walls and castle archers) you switch over to pump your economy and then bring out higher units (juggs, wings initially).

magi steve
01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
well the only aspect to the maps that make them different from eachother is size, and usualy on Grass hills (biggest map) it always comes to giants right away, so on small maps i harrass my enemys economy using bombs and ranged units if he still trys to make giants and they usulay do, then i increas my army and continue to harrass him and by the time hes got one giant i will have an army plus one giant and be able to win even if he has 3 castle archers. if its a medium map then once i realise he's massing giants i boost my economy traing giants my self plus 3-4 medusas to realy beat down on his giants, and if he stays at home you will always be able to get a ghost giant. For the biggest map just always get all miners with the 500 you start with, because remember he will most likely get miners plus defense for his miners and if you get all miners then your'e economically ahead of him. if he doesn't you will have enough return from your miners to make defenses. Eventualy you will have your giants plus medusas before he does and you will be well on your way to victory.........most the time;).

WyzDM
01-09-2013, 10:48 PM
This results in few problems, but the major setback I have is with players who mass swordswrath early, as cats can only do so much. The best thing to do when this happens is attack his economy, as cats are faster, and any archers. force him the best you can to get the castle archers. Before taking it to the middle, and there wingdoms, not juggers, because his swordswrath army will be too great. Because Chaos does not have walls, you need to have fast miner micro whenever he approaches with any force (even with your gut-thrower) to retaliate and force the retreat. If you can put enough pressure for him to get off the middle, you're set.

GokuXx
02-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Just harass with with your Juggers or Crawlers and then you will win a lot. Just don't let him get castle archers.

fram
02-15-2013, 09:41 AM
force him the best you can to get the castle archers.WyzDM top player

Just don't let him get castle archers.GokuXx never heard of him before on SE...

Contrasting statements.

GokuXx
02-15-2013, 07:04 PM
WyzDM top player
GokuXx never heard of him before on SE...

Contrasting statements.
I know who is WyzDM farm >_> he is the best player and top 1. So don't say stuff you don't know.

PUMU
02-16-2013, 12:19 AM
I've seen goku I think I played against you 3 times and on each you lagged out. Gg's btw the other day fram they were hilarious. And to the above what do those two statements have to do with fram not knowing things. I know (have as a friend and play fun matches which my units get backhanded) wyzdm as well but that doesn't really mean anything about lacking knowledge that u do/don't exist.
If you wanted to you could have simply said that that's because y'all never got matched against each other.
And by that that would have been a legitimate reason that fram didn't know you. So just chill bro it's video games and chat. No reason to get into your feelings about it.

PUMU
02-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Double post to seperate that chat and get back on topic. What I usually do is start off 2 miners 2 crawlers. I love short maps using chaos btw it makes harassing all the more fun. I have 3 miners collect gold and one on mana. Regardless of what's been happening in my recent games I always go collect about four crawlers then jugger then eclipsor followed by another all the while building miners. Chaos is just hilarious pressure. That lots of people can't cope with at times XD by the time the tower spawn loads most people have surrendered before the second spawn

GokuXx
02-17-2013, 04:14 PM
I've seen goku I think I played against you 3 times and on each you lagged out. Gg's btw the other day fram they were hilarious. And to the above what do those two statements have to do with fram not knowing things. I know (have as a friend and play fun matches which my units get backhanded) wyzdm as well but that doesn't really mean anything about lacking knowledge that u do/don't exist.
If you wanted to you could have simply said that that's because y'all never got matched against each other.
And by that that would have been a legitimate reason that fram didn't know you. So just chill bro it's video games and chat. No reason to get into your feelings about it.

I never faced you???? :S What a lira.

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 04:30 PM
His SE ign is sirkomcision.