PDA

View Full Version : Replay Bugs.

Tecness2
01-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Post any bugs regarding the replay function here. ONLY ABOUT THE REPLAY FUNCTION.

If I'm watching a replay of myself, and switch to free camera, black boxes will appear over what units I was building.

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Umm i beat up gizmo and want to replay it, but i didnt know you needed a code :/
where does it say the code?
wait doesnt that mean if you give someone the code they can watch your battle??? That would be awesome :)

KrayZStick
01-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Replays in SE, or one on desktop like Hypercam or Bandicam?

3FFA
01-09-2013, 05:49 PM
in SE -_-'

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 07:02 PM
LOL krayz noob :/

Bladed Fire
01-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Tecness 2, add a thread for replay shares and sticky it.
Lol found the armory's name in the replay code.

jerrytt
01-09-2013, 07:18 PM
holy sht thats long

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 07:18 PM
cuz you had armory items equipped probably :)

Bladed Fire
01-09-2013, 07:20 PM
You know what, that feature let my sister's netbook lag in the whole battle.(Have no appetite to play this again.,..)

3FFA
01-09-2013, 08:00 PM
I noticed that the replay code posted by bladed wasn't letting me quit out from the menu. It just started the game back and closed the menu

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I found the same problem as 3ffa, also I can't tell who is who ???

3FFA
01-09-2013, 08:53 PM
it says on the top.

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I know... I mean sometimes the screen makes no sense. The player to the right of screen has middle, yet the left player apparently gets the bonus 20 gold... So it's kinda backwards

Xate
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Post the replay into the box.Click it. It says the file was broken or missing. Tried it with mine and Crimshock.Result:No result.
Response:FUUUUUUUU

brockemon
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Just updated the replay viewer. I fixed the issues mentioned here so far.

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Thank you! :)

3FFA
01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Brock thank you so much! :]

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 07:52 PM
Replay doesnt work if you lag out in the game... it doesnt even say that broken or wrongly spelled message, it just doesnt send you to the battle..
Lemme rephrase that: A replay code does not work if the game you are trying to watch ends in a lagout. If you paste the code (correctly), it will not send you to the replay watching place, yet the message about a broken or something code does not appear.

Tecness2
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I found a bug! The high-medium-low graphic settings don't actually change during replays when you press them.

Azxc
01-11-2013, 01:20 AM
I copied the codes after the battles, pasted it on the "View Replay' section
Then I clicked "Load Replay"

There was no response ._.
I am sure that it is the right code, no extra space, no breaking the codes
I hope it will be fixed soon

Btw, it will be good if we have "Clear" , to delete the past code entered in the box
Because the codes are so long to be deleted lol

Azxc
01-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Sorry for double post

But I found out a really funny bug, my replay doesn't exactly showing what happened in the real game

Real game: I had 5 albowtross, magikill surviving, my whole army killed all the enemy's giants, and my ghost giant+albowtross finished his statue

Replay: My albowtross stupidly rushed out and died (which I sure it doesn't happen in real game) Then, the enemy's giants killed my magikill, later on he was killing my remaining army... then his statue suddenly fell

And there is one more weird thing, half of the chat was shown.... the chat wasn't complete, showing a few words only

I have no idea whatever you can see it or not, but I can watch it
http://pastebin.com/AmJC3arF

WyzDM
01-11-2013, 02:24 AM
Sorry for double post

But I found out a really funny bug, my replay doesn't exactly showing what happened in the real game

Real game: I had 5 albowtross, magikill surviving, my whole army killed all the enemy's giants, and my ghost giant+albowtross finished his statue

Replay: My albowtross stupidly rushed out and died (which I sure it doesn't happen in real game) Then, the enemy's giants killed my magikill, later on he was killing my remaining army... then his statue suddenly fell

And there is one more weird thing, half of the chat was shown.... the chat wasn't complete, showing a few words only

I watched, looked like a very legit match until suddenly the end. Reread your post and can confirm this is most unusual if true.

brockemon
01-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi,

I have read these last few posts and am looking into a few of these issues in regards to lagged out matches not working properly and some games going out of SYNC such that what is viewed in the replay is not what is actually happening.

If someone has a game that resulted in an out of SYNC occurring, could you please email it to support@stickempires.com.

-Brock

DragonFrost
01-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Not a bug, but a suggestion. I just played a really good match, and then I forgot to copy it... so i lost my replay code.
My suggestion: A setting place where you have option to select either AUTO copy replay codes after battle onto some kind of page on se, so you can review and stuff, or MANUAL select to copy.

300noob
01-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Sorry for double post

That's exactly what happend to me too, my albow rush out in a very stupid way letting them get slaughtered by giants...and then the opponent destroyed my walls creating ghost while in real game none of that happend and the wall is not even damaged and he never even got the tower....
it was stupidly incorrect
Edit: the first 2 mins of the game is correct but then it get stupidly incorrect
can't post it here cuz the stupid 10000-100000 (i forgot the number) character limit thingy

lntrepid
01-12-2013, 12:02 PM
The replays never work me for me, they just say invalid code over and over again.

uberman
01-12-2013, 07:56 PM
The replays never work me for me, they just say invalid code over and over again.

Me too. I thought I was just doing something stupid :)

PsychoticCheez
01-13-2013, 09:19 AM
I can vouch that the replays definitely mess up somewhere. The events depicted do not reflect what actually happened. I mean, they do ...but there are certain things that I clearly do not remember doing. This has happened 3/3 times now.

Also, the quality button that Tec mentioned. It also gets absurdly laggy as the armies get bigger. I'd expect it to be smoother, as it's a replay.

And half the chat shows up, as someone else said.

KrayZStick
01-13-2013, 09:29 AM
So I was watching a friend's replay, and I saw both sides sending out miners to attack, I was like WHAT? So I replayed it, and this time it showed speartons! How do you get speartons and miners mixed up?

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 09:34 AM
It's a bug, where replays don't show what you actually did.
EDIT: I think this is a bug: when i replay my friend matches, it wont work, but when i watch random matches replays, then it works. Maybe friendly matches dont work for some reason?

300noob
01-16-2013, 04:41 AM
It's a bug, where replays don't show what you actually did.
EDIT: I think this is a bug: when i replay my friend matches, it wont work, but when i watch random matches replays, then it works. Maybe friendly matches dont work for some reason?

Actually, even ranked matches are not working properly for me.

DragonFrost
01-16-2013, 06:53 AM
:O they work for me.?

xvdaemonicxv
01-16-2013, 08:22 AM
It doesn't matter between friendly/ranked. its something else. The only proof of a possible bug for me is that whenever there is chat. A unnessacry long space appears in my code which has to be backspaced in order to work. Also always backspace out the bottom of a code if there is extra empty space.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 01:59 PM
I click view replay right after the match, from copying the code, and it won't load. No error message. I remove possible spaces/things I thought would cause it to break, but then it told me I had entered it in wrong. When it is entered in correctly (as least, no error message appears) nothing happens at all.

ShadowyWhisper
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Umm i beat up gizmo and want to replay it, but i didnt know you needed a code :/
where does it say the code?
wait doesnt that mean if you give someone the code they can watch your battle??? That would be awesome :)

For some reason when I was watching a replay of some game where I totally crushed my opponent (I still won) but it totally screwed up. My units were running in perfect unison but in the replay it seperated them. They ran one by one. And I NEVER bought Tower Spawn II

Usman
03-03-2013, 10:54 AM
I agree with shadowy the bug is that the replay is toooooooo far then the real battle in future. fix it it messes up matches, one time I won in a ranked match but in replay it showed that my oppnent crushed me :( . Plz fix this replay bug

DarknessLight
03-03-2013, 06:22 PM
I think it's fixed now, I don't know why you still have that problem?

jli
03-03-2013, 09:21 PM
I think it's fixed now, I don't know why you still have that problem?

He's been known (Horrible Death) to whine about bugs. But anyway, replays have gotten a lot more stable lately.

blu3blitz
03-15-2013, 10:43 PM
well at least u get to watch urself win nevertheless

Bladed Fire
03-21-2013, 06:36 AM
patch 1.58
Problems:
Direct link to SE original page not Facebook
After the replay I return to main page and the item promotion bbox didn't have anything, seems like I didn't even log into it.

THEFORCE
06-06-2013, 03:20 PM
When I finish watching a replay, the game automatically directs me to the log in screen without any reason at all.

isgood
06-09-2013, 04:22 PM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1480452&version=1.64 there was a small section where i was using my albow to aim the elcipsor and a juggernight was in front of it, so the damage gets obsorbed by the jugger

stickman311
06-09-2013, 10:50 PM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1480452&version=1.64 there was a small section where i was using my albow to aim the elcipsor and a juggernight was in front of it, so the damage gets obsorbed by the jugger

The jugger was supposed to block it. That's the game

_Ai_
06-10-2013, 12:05 AM
The jugger was supposed to block it. That's the game

I wonder how a ground unit can protect a air unit (besides giant) which is attacked by another air unit. It doesn't make sense.

stickman311
06-10-2013, 12:19 AM
I wonder how a ground unit can protect a air unit (besides giant) which is attacked by another air unit. It doesn't make sense.

The air unit wasn't high enough and the ground unit might be really tall.

EDIT: if juggerknights can't block wingadons, then wingadon and medusa is enough to defeat juggerknight and wingadon

masteraik
06-10-2013, 02:26 AM
The air unit wasn't high enough and the ground unit might be really tall.

agreed, jugs SHOULD protect wings.

isgood
06-13-2013, 06:40 PM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1524628&version=1.64
i had a match with inviction, showed how giants don't even respond to attacks

Rich0304
06-21-2013, 06:37 PM
hey when I beat someone they dont give E coins

What can I do

jerrytt
06-21-2013, 06:40 PM
hey when I beat someone they dont give E coins

What can I do

You can only get ecoins for your first victory every day.

isgood
06-27-2013, 01:50 PM
www.stickempires.com/play?replay=replay1684029&version=1.66
wtf, the bug where archers miss albows is back

Nosetotail
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
I can't for the life of me get through a replay without it lagging almost to a complete stop. I immediately go to the lowest quality and even pause a few times to get it to catch up but that doesn't seem to help. It's fine for a few minutes then it just gets really bad. It's like the replay is somehow filling up my cache memory or something like that. Not that I actually know what I'm talking about.

_Ai_
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
I can't for the life of me get through a replay without it lagging almost to a complete stop. I immediately go to the lowest quality and even pause a few times to get it to catch up but that doesn't seem to help. It's fine for a few minutes then it just gets really bad. It's like the replay is somehow filling up my cache memory or something like that. Not that I actually know what I'm talking about.

I have the same problem too. The solution? Don't watch the replays. I never do watch replays. Replays are good, but if your PC can't handle it, then better don't.

Nosetotail
11-03-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks.

Nyarlathotep
12-10-2013, 11:34 PM
The replays aren't like videos, they're re-creating the match click-by-click. Setting it to normal speed and not fast forward really helps in that situation.

Subtleknifewielder
12-25-2013, 07:35 AM

I have the same problem too. The solution? Don't watch the replays. I never do watch replays. Replays are good, but if your PC can't handle it, then better don't.
I get the same problem, but wiggling your mouse pointer back and forth over the buttons, either at the top or the bottom, works very well as a stopgap measure.

Nyarlathotep
01-18-2014, 03:14 PM
http://i.snag.gy/c0pM7.jpg
http://i.snag.gy/pgkaf.jpg

This should be fixed

jerrytt
01-27-2014, 01:03 PM
not a glitch -.- They said that on the updates log

BuddyLucky2
01-27-2014, 03:39 PM
Lmao

Jerry, Rain is talking about how the Shinobi 1 and 2 can both be loading at the same time, not the fact that upgrades now appear.

Note: Rain usually will be right; its just his nature ;p

Nyarlathotep
01-28-2014, 02:58 PM
not a glitch -.- They said that on the updates log

So you can research shinobi 1 and 2 at the same time now? okay.

Azxc
01-29-2014, 01:35 AM
So you can research shinobi 1 and 2 at the same time now? okay.

o.O how...?
Is that skill showing bug for the replay?
does it happen in the real match?

DrDuyWin
02-10-2014, 05:28 AM
There are somes error, sync?

BloodxHunter
06-11-2014, 06:39 AM
This. except when I move my mouse the replay plays normally. I have to move it in a circle to get things moving again.

_Ai_
12-06-2014, 01:21 AM
I'm gonna take this down from stickies. Any replay bug can now be posted at here: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?41983-Post-any-Bugs-or-problems-with-the-game-here