PDA

View Full Version : New Mining Patch

KrayZStick
01-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Do you guys think the mining patch is ok?
1: Decreased Mining speed - Basically same thing, same amount of gold in same amount of time (except extra time wasted walking back and forth :/)
2. Faster Walking speed & mining
3. Same mana gain on prayer

Do you guys think it's ok? Personally I kind of like it. Not sure if it makes a difference in giant spamming but should make spamming giants slower! :P

lntrepid
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I can't get used to the 75 gold, but it will help against giant spammers. They added this to Stick War II first, and I liked it as a campaign thing only. I have mixed feelings right now, maybe add another "Miner Hustle" thingy that changes your miners to the old miners or something.

Brotherhood
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't really like it. It makes people more economical and defensive (which actually promotes Giant Massing). If you get swordwraths early now, you'll end up with only a few miners and a very bad economy.

I don't like it much but then.. the enemy has the exact same income so it doesn't ruin the game xD

lntrepid
01-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Maybe if they added the Dashinite (a scrapped idea) then I could even out my gold surplus, but then again, now it's very hard to get an army quickly. Early attacks can have devastating blows now.

Brotherhood
01-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Personally, I don't think it does much except make the games go twice as long. It would take 20 miner drops instead of 10 to make a giant now. People don't have that much time and would prefer to just play several quick rounds... not one long one.

MiamiBigAL
01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Did you not read the patch notes? The miner bags are half full, but they have increased early speed to make up for it. You actually get more resources quicker.

I love the patch. The pace of the game is absolutely rapid now, so time is now the new resource that you have to divide between macro and micro. I was getting bored but the game is far more interesting now.

xvdaemonicxv
01-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Adapt to whatever changes are made and use whatever necesarry to win. If it's viable then it is usable.

WyzDM
01-09-2013, 07:43 PM
Adapt to whatever changes are made and use whatever necessary to win. If it's viable then it is usable.

Spoken with wisdom.

Sorry, that was a bad pun. But I came here to say this almost word for word.

3FFA
01-09-2013, 08:10 PM
It is just ending up in faster giant rushes ;)

jerrytt
01-09-2013, 08:16 PM
HAS NO ONE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT? THE INCOME RATE IS THE SAME. IT TAKES THE SAME TIME TO GET A GIANT WITH THE SAME NUMBER OF MINERS.

uberman
01-09-2013, 08:40 PM
HAS NO ONE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT? THE INCOME RATE IS THE SAME. IT TAKES THE SAME TIME TO GET A GIANT WITH THE SAME NUMBER OF MINERS.

Exactly what I was just about to say. The announcement says bag size is down, but speed is up and resources are gathered at the same rate.
So, I guess it means attacking miners is less effective, as he's already delivered half a bag when you kill him, rather then the enemy gets nothing if you kill a miner, and if they now move faster, they will be harder to kill. So if anything, if helps the giant masser - assuming the best way to deal with a giant masser is to stop or reduce his economy.

3FFA
01-09-2013, 08:42 PM
I thought it just said pray was the same rate.

DragonFrost
01-09-2013, 08:44 PM
They do still pray at same rate..

Westwind
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
It only makes the game faster paced but its really the same thing, I like it at least.

stickman311
01-10-2013, 01:17 AM
Like it. Can get swords more faster rather than giants

Azxc
01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
i agree, people can train infantry faster!
Good favor to defeat giant massers!

300noob
01-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Not cool, i got a losing streak of 10 continous games. And i'm not even a giant masser. It also made the miner hustle less valuble too.
The update really mess up with my old strategy.
More time wasted on travel back and fourth.
I think i need a new strategies quick because all my old ones no longer work.

Azxc
01-10-2013, 06:21 AM
what tactics were you using?
Replay your battles?

300noob
01-10-2013, 06:22 AM
pretty much standard build...anyone can be my practice partner?

Azxc
01-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Me, code?

300noob
01-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Me, code?
My code is 212, nick is the same as this,....yours?(nick and code)

Azxc
01-10-2013, 06:37 AM
Azxc 181

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 06:48 AM
:P can I add you guys too?

300noob
01-10-2013, 07:33 AM
Azxc 181
I'll contact you when ya online then.

:P can I add you guys too?
Sure

brockemon
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
The mining rate overall should be the same for the first patches of gold. We adjusted the miner walk speed, bag size and mining rate so it would take the same amount of time to gather 150 gold. i.e. two trips with the 75 bag are now the same as the old one trip with the 150.

We made this change because of two reasons. The first was that if nothing else, it makes the game feel faster as there is more movement with the miners in the beginning of the game. This is important for some less hardcore users as they may be bored by longer mining times. The second reason was that it allows for a more continuous income stream which allows you to build cheaper units throughout the game when previously you would have not. This is easy to see at the beginning of a match as we get a load of 75 gold x 2 which allows us to make a quicker miner, swordwrath, crawler or bomber. We think overall that this change should make the game more fun.

3FFA
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the explanation brock!

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 03:08 PM
:O hmm that would be good, I'll mass archers lol

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 04:15 PM
How do you even stop bomber rush to kill miners if you don't have any troops and you only know they have bombers once they appear in the miners range of vision? Also. Garrisoning does NOT work, because all your miners group together and the bombers can kill of of them. But at least the miners move faster now, making it harder to catch up to them.

xvdaemonicxv
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
to answer your question fr0st, scout. :)

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 06:14 PM
but i said, if you had no units (except miners) are you going to send a miner to scout, if you dont even know what they have? I know thats the point of scouting, but they could just send 1 jugger to kill your miner without getting much info

3FFA
01-10-2013, 06:23 PM
well if you have a Giant Miner...

MiamiBigAL
01-10-2013, 06:43 PM
I actually think the the update nerfs chaos quite a bit. Bags less full = bombers less effective. Miner speed = can preserve miners.

Moreover, Order benefits from the earlier income because it can build archer/swordwrath at same time (putting the extra income to use quicker), but chaos has to queue its melee units. Order will probably now dominate chaos at a high level is my opinion.

It isn't a criticism as I haven't really tested it out yet, just a prediction.

xvdaemonicxv
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Dragon... if the only things u have are miners... you are doing something wrong then -_-

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
MEH! I'm sorry master!

_Ai_
01-11-2013, 05:09 AM
I think with this patch, it makes the Tower more OP than it is

uberman
01-11-2013, 05:56 AM
I actually think the the update nerfs chaos quite a bit. Bags less full = bombers less effective. Miner speed = can preserve miners.

Moreover, Order benefits from the earlier income because it can build archer/swordwrath at same time (putting the extra income to use quicker), but chaos has to queue its melee units. Order will probably now dominate chaos at a high level is my opinion.

It isn't a criticism as I haven't really tested it out yet, just a prediction.

Yes, I completly agree with this.
Regarding bombers, chaos can build them more easily, but the miners walk speed makes them less likely to have a very sucessful strike rate - the miners used to be nicely grouped by the statue as the bombers arived - now they can escape my bombers far easier. Previosly they simply were not fast enough to avoid the bombers, now they are.

Order has always had more options at start; chaos has only crawlers OR bombers (same constuction tree) but order has swords or archer on a different tree. Order can construct sword and archer in less time (i think- havent actually timed it) than the time chaos gets two crawlers, as the crawlers queue but sword and archer build at the same time.
Now Order can start to build the first miner with the first 75+75 income.
Order can do sword and archer, gaining military superiority, as chaos has only a couple of crawlers, and quite quicky start to build economy.

So, these two factors serve to help order far more than they help chaos.

The mining rate overall should be the same for the first patches of gold. We adjusted the miner walk speed, bag size and mining rate so it would take the same amount of time to gather 150 gold. i.e. two trips with the 75 bag are now the same as the old one trip with the 150.

We made this change because of two reasons. The first was that if nothing else, it makes the game feel faster as there is more movement with the miners in the beginning of the game. This is important for some less hardcore users as they may be bored by longer mining times. The second reason was that it allows for a more continuous income stream which allows you to build cheaper units throughout the game when previously you would have not. This is easy to see at the beginning of a match as we get a load of 75 gold x 2 which allows us to make a quicker miner, swordwrath, crawler or bomber. We think overall that this change should make the game more fun.

Great thinking Brock.
It does make the game faster, both in feel and in fact, as the early units can start to be made sooner.

However, I do think it works far better for order than chaos. Chaos relies heavily on getting a good start to hinder order's economy and stop them getting to giants. Once order gets a couple of giants out, order wins almost for sure as the order giants are simply far more powerful than anything else which chaos has.

Now, as bombers didnt get a matching speed increase, nor did crawlers (the only two early units open to chaos) it is much harder to establish an early supression of their miners.

In testing with Tec, he was suprised that ninja are faster than bombers, saying bombers should be the fastest unit in the game. Increasing the speed of bombers to allow chaos a reasonable chance of a sucessful bomber attack would go some way towards balancing this effective nerf on chaos.
I think its supposed to be a change for speeding up play, not a chaos nerf.

QUESTION;
What speed increase is given my miner hustle? does it still provide as much benifit as before?
It seems to me that the miners now move as fast as they used to do when buffed by miner hustle.

300noob
01-12-2013, 07:24 AM
Yes, I completly agree with this.
Regarding bombers, chaos can build them more easily, but the miners walk speed makes them less likely to have a very sucessful strike rate - the miners used to be nicely grouped by the statue as the bombers arived - now they can escape my bombers far easier. Previosly they simply were not fast enough to avoid the bombers, now they are.

Order has always had more options at start; chaos has only crawlers OR bombers (same constuction tree) but order has swords or archer on a different tree. Order can construct sword and archer in less time (i think- havent actually timed it) than the time chaos gets two crawlers, as the crawlers queue but sword and archer build at the same time.
Now Order can start to build the first miner with the first 75+75 income.
Order can do sword and archer, gaining military superiority, as chaos has only a couple of crawlers, and quite quicky start to build economy.

So, these two factors serve to help order far more than they help chaos.

Great thinking Brock.
It does make the game faster, both in feel and in fact, as the early units can start to be made sooner.

However, I do think it works far better for order than chaos. Chaos relies heavily on getting a good start to hinder order's economy and stop them getting to giants. Once order gets a couple of giants out, order wins almost for sure as the order giants are simply far more powerful than anything else which chaos has.

Now, as bombers didnt get a matching speed increase, nor did crawlers (the only two early units open to chaos) it is much harder to establish an early supression of their miners.

In testing with Tec, he was suprised that ninja are faster than bombers, saying bombers should be the fastest unit in the game. Increasing the speed of bombers to allow chaos a reasonable chance of a sucessful bomber attack would go some way towards balancing this effective nerf on chaos.
I think its supposed to be a change for speeding up play, not a chaos nerf.

QUESTION;
What speed increase is given my miner hustle? does it still provide as much benifit as before?
It seems to me that the miners now move as fast as they used to do when buffed by miner hustle.

Again
This update work on no one favors.
crawlers vs archer? they can kill the archer in a few sec and archer can't even kite them.
swordwrath? they deal too little damage that ya can run back to caste to gather more crawlers while healing and eventuraly outnumbered the order.
Archer+swordwrath? kill the archer then run and go back to kill the swordwrath. everyone saw what cc did right?
order chance is only good in small map
what's with ya and ya never ending hatress on order side?

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Because some chaos players don't have cc2's skill...

300noob
01-12-2013, 08:56 AM
Because some chaos players don't have cc2's skill...
dud i've fought with many different chaos players, CC him self, WyzDM, crazyjay, crimsonx, crimshock and few other i forgot.
they're all have decent skill and above...

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Well I didn't specifically say anyone, right? I meant those chaos players with 1400s rating and don't know how to kite with crawlers.

300noob
01-12-2013, 09:00 AM
yet they pwning everyone their skill...:D
of course they're suck against who is better than them in skill...
this is a strategy game or not?

Westwind
01-12-2013, 07:44 PM
Exx...do all you ever do is whine, spew venom, and any other sort of negative or disrespectful comments in all your posts? Your starting to be very similar to CC now...in different ways.

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Ok, what was your old personality? Btw I like this personality more.

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Ok, then I still like this personality. Off topic: why does it say in your sig that it will die on 01/17/2013? That thread, I meant.

Panki
01-12-2013, 11:01 PM
Less whiny, talked like a "Computer", posted more sarcastic comments. Rages less often, but when I did, it was slightly worse.

I like that better.

Westwind
01-12-2013, 11:47 PM
I like that better.

I agree, whiny crybabies are annoying...

KrayZStick
01-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Guys if you want to go crying or want someone to talk to, talk to this computer :D Tested by me and fr0st: http://cleverbot.com/ , It actually responds to you, in a really weird way....

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 09:04 AM
GRRRRRR that site sucks. It makes NO sense at all to what you said.

Invincitron
01-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi reader,

I love it. I think it makes Miner Hustle much more effective and it's basically the same rate as the old system just a bit faster and less but if you do the math it's somewhere near the same rate.

.:Invincitron:.