PDA

View Full Version : Tournament For The Best Clan!

xvdaemonicxv
01-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Okay so I've come to the realiziation why everyone thinks TGC is the strongest clan. Maybe because on the forums, the thread title is: "The Best Clan: The Grand Council" THER IS NO FREAKING PROOF OF WHOS THE BEST YET.

I feel like all the clans should seriously join efforts and organize a tournament of sorts. I mean we got replays now for proof of who won what game and who is better. I think its about time to settle this once and for all. Tec you can make tournament rules and such since you do display the most organization and activeness in SE related matters and cause you're a mod. BUT, the participating members must agree with the rules.

Sidenote: Just cause marine rushing or 6pooling is "looked down upon" it is not unbeatable and there is nothing in Pro gaming rules that limit or alter the style of how one plays a game. And since this will be a tournament, I hope you make the rules with that in mind.

Now this is thread is just to get the idea going, someone can make another thread for clan rosters of which clans want to participate in the tourney and which members would represent which clan and etc.

Regardless of who's the best, with the establishing of an official SE tournament, I believe this would be a great victory for all players of SE.

I will add the rules when I make them.

Rules So Far:

Each clan will put up a team of 4 Members. (Yes, clans with lower amounts of members can BORROW their allies' members, and yes, you can have more than one team).
Each participant will ANNOUNCE WHICH RACE THEY WILL BE PLAYING Prior to match-ups.
Match-ups will be randomly decided by my (yes, it will be random, I'll even make a nice video about it).
Best 2/3. Replays will be required from at least one participant, but it would be better if both submitted.

A MAXIMUM OF 4 GIANTS, INCLUDING THE GHOST GIANT, AT ANY ONE TIME.

Rule number 5 is being held in debate. Tecness and I have agreed that as a Mod he does not have the authority to alter gameplay mechanics. This is ultimately up to the developer to decide. We will await their response.

Edit: So far it is ruled in favor that rule number 5 is to NOT be implemented. The vote stands 1-0. Unless another developer votes against it, the tourney will hold no such rule.

Great Post Deamonicxv I was getting to the point where I would have to write that out myself but I would say you nailed it.

Consult the official clan roster to see whos in what clan (2nd post). We will be allowing participants based off of this roster. If you see an error in the roster, contact Tecness.

The tournament will be held sometime late this month at the earliest or in February. Sign up your members now on this fourm. A deadline has not been scheduled yet.

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?44393-The-Official-Clan-Thread

DragonFrost
01-10-2013, 06:12 PM
FK are joining :)

uberman
01-10-2013, 11:22 PM
Can a clan put up 2 teams of 4? like TGC-A with the 4 best players, and TGC-B with the all-stars?
Possibly in a parrallel competition, or possibly in the same competition.

Just thinking, it will allow for more people to be involved, not just the top 4 in each clan - wider involvement = more fun.

Xate
01-11-2013, 04:22 AM
Gah not enough good members.Wait we can borrow? Great now nsswc and mine and stand a chance.But... who will lend us members????

Tecness2
01-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Can a clan put up 2 teams of 4? like TGC-A with the 4 best players, and TGC-B with the all-stars?
Possibly in a parrallel competition, or possibly in the same competition.

Just thinking, it will allow for more people to be involved, not just the top 4 in each clan - wider involvement = more fun.
Sure I guess, but both A & B would then have to fight against each-other.

Gah not enough good members.Wait we can borrow? Great now nsswc and mine and stand a chance.But... who will lend us members????
Your allies.

uberman
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM

Your an ally of ours, I'd fight for you if you dont have enough for a team, and if I'm not needed by my clan.
Although you did tell me I suck at chaos, so you may not want me :)

My rating is 1813, ranked no 49, on my chaos acct (chaoticevil), as I type.

That Other Guy
01-11-2013, 05:56 PM
SOS is in this.

Tecness2
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
Wait, so I can't go random?? I love doing that, throws peeps off so well...

Just announce yourself as random ;)

I HEREBY DECLARE MYSELF AS RANDOM.
This is gonna screw everyone up lol.
Rather not allow that. Chaos or order. No random.

everyone knows what im doing and is there like a title everyone has to call u by if u win?
Besides spelling terribly, I have no idea what you're doing.

:O That is an excellent rating, uberman! Btw can we suggest rules? If so, I want lagouts to not count (only real ones, not the ones where you close tab or something), thats kinda what annoys me, if i lose cuz of lag LOL
Lagouts still count as a loss.

Tecness2
01-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I've added a new rule. I don't care what opinions you guys have against this new rule I've added. It's staying.
The Grand Council will join.

Also, post the members of your team(s) as well!

uberman
01-12-2013, 12:53 AM
everyone knows what im doing ...?

Besides spelling terribly, I have no idea what you're doing.

I'm guessing you still dont know how to use context clues tec? ...

ETC. ETC.
Petty and silly bickering from people who should know better...
Attempting to show oneself superior to the other...

I wish I could put you both an after-school detention in my lab until you sort this (shit and history between you guys) out.

Look at some examples of how to square things in a mature way;
Alalogy; rather than scoring points by killing his miners, take down his statue (OK, its a crappy analogy, doesnt really work)
What I am saying is; dont score petty points, each out-childing the other in a show of supposed intelect or wit to establish superiority. Out mature each other; offer an oportunity for dialogue and make it explicit how childish he is to engage in such silliness. Then, either, both stop the silliness, or the one who engages in childishness has his immature behaviour exposed as childish.

Win-win.

Example, me and MiamiBigAl started off badly, but now were cool. That didnt come about by one of us showing the other to be inferior to oneself, it came about as a result of applying a mature attitude and understanding there are different points of view.

uberman
01-12-2013, 12:56 AM
OPPS - sorry for double post.
It doesnt connect to the previous post though.

Really, if your opponent is able to get 4+ and you can't you goofed somewhere. Lame rule in my opinion.

And let's face it, it's gonna happen in Green Hills...

It will help chaos players, and encourage better game play by all.
Who wants order vs order to be a stone hurling party anyway?

I think its a good rule.

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
To be fair, we should only make a deadline for membership. Afterwards, instead of having a single day thing (as people on opposites sides of the world may be sleeping/busy), hold it as an on going battle for a week. Keep the leaders/ranks from each clan in a single chat to stay in easy communication with each other and to set up the pairs to face off.

xvdaemonicxv
01-18-2013, 11:25 AM
To be fair, we should only make a deadline for membership. Afterwards, instead of having a single day thing (as people on opposites sides of the world may be sleeping/busy), hold it as an on going battle for a week. Keep the leaders/ranks from each clan in a single chat to stay in easy communication with each other and to set up the pairs to face off.

Agreed. Anyways, since this thread is so full of off topic comments. I'm gona make another thread specifically for registering for the Tournament. And as Wyzdm said, we will schedule this as a week long event.

m0ntana
01-19-2013, 05:16 PM
My team for Sons of Saints:

1. montana2 (me)

2. CaptainCorps2

3. Miamibigal (if hes not on, SomeFatGuy will take his spot.)

4. Galeforce

Tecness2
01-19-2013, 06:35 PM
OK. I'm in. fr0st 937
rating (when i posted): 1861
Order
CST time zone

Well, I guess I'm in this. I hope I don't get a short map. Kinda dumb on short maps because you take the tower and you can see everything the enemy is doing and troops take next to no time to get from one side to the other. Kinda ruins it in my eyes.

ANYWAY, I guess I might as well play. I am in the Eastern Time Zone if that helps with match-ups. I will be using Order.

I wonder how my rating of 1454 (at the time of posting) will do.
You guys need a team -_-
Go post in your chatboxes/sites.

The Grand Council's First Team is
_Aiman_ - Order
Azxc - Order
BuddyLucky2 - Order
Jjss2 - Order

DragonFrost
01-19-2013, 07:45 PM
I dont wanna discuss.
Also, what do you mean by first team? The rules say, ONLY 1 TEAM! Except in brackets it says you can have more than 1 team, which is a paradox.
My team (unless you have objections, fellow clan members)
1. Fr0st ORDER
2. THatoneGamer ORDER
3. KrayZStick ORDER
4. 77Row ORDER

SECOND TEAM:
1. failingAtFailing ORDER
2. Caid12 ORDER
3. Jombloxx ORDER
4. Hoody ORDER

THIRD TEAM:
Intrepid ORDER (unless you decide to get chaos?)
NrgFA ??? (idk what he wants to be yet, I'll ask him)
otomeogome ORDER
Asddfg ORDER

Xate
01-19-2013, 08:55 PM
My team:
1.GamerXD8(Order)
2.laqunavinh18(Order)
or jok5kimo(Order)
3.ElonzoIllecas(Order)
4.Jerztick(Order)
or Lancifir(Order)
or 300noob(Order)
PS:I'm not sure though...It might change.

Tecness2
01-19-2013, 09:02 PM
My team:
1.GamerXD8(Order)
2.laqunavinh18(Order)
3.ElonzoIllecas(Order)
4.Jerztick(Order)
or Lancifir(Order)
or 300noob(Order)
PS:I'm not sure about the 4th position though...
How many times do I have to tell you. Laquna is in The Grand Council.
And Fr0st. STOP POSTING STUPID & USELESS POSTS IN HERE.

77Row
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
do i haz team?

Xate
01-19-2013, 10:41 PM
How many times do I have to tell you. Laquna is in The Grand Council.
And Fr0st. STOP POSTING STUPID & USELESS POSTS IN HERE.
Uh.... He told me he's in Black Dragon Uprising... Ask him when you get a chance ok? THEN I could remove him.

_Ai_
01-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Laquna is unkown what clan he is in....

Jombloxx
01-20-2013, 06:58 AM
OK. Second team:
1. Failingatfailing
2. Caid12
3. Jombloxx
4. Hoody
LOL dont double post and when ll be this tourney?

xvdaemonicxv
01-20-2013, 07:07 AM
LOL dont double post and when ll be this tourney?

Sometime in Feb. It's gona last a 1-2weeks. :)

KrayZStick
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
I dont wanna discuss.
Also, what do you mean by first team? The rules say, ONLY 1 TEAM! Except in brackets it says you can have more than 1 team, which is a paradox.
My team (unless you have objections, fellow clan members)
1. Fr0st ORDER
2. THatoneGamer ORDER
3. Asddfg ORDER
4. 77Row ORDER

SECOND TEAM:
1. failingAtFailing
2. Caid12
3. Jombloxx
4. Hoody
Fr0st, I might be back soon so maybe you could add me?

WyzDM
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
What is this about teams? Just have a week long event, leaders from each clan in communication, and just pair players up for best of 3. No teams. Just clan victories/losses. There is no advantage to a larger clan or disadvantage to a smaller clan. Keep it simple.

DragonFrost
01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Fr0st, I might be back soon so maybe you could add me?

Sure. I'll take out asddfg.

xvdaemonicxv
01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
What is this about teams? Just have a week long event, leaders from each clan in communication, and just pair players up for best of 3. No teams. Just clan victories/losses. There is no advantage to a larger clan or disadvantage to a smaller clan. Keep it simple.

That's what I was thinking but this way it allows for more people to paricipate. Some clans just have more members. We can't really just tell people, nope, you just gota make another clan etc.

It does give bigger clans more of a advantage, but when it comes down to it, it'll still be individual player skill. I think teams should be allowed.

FailingAtFailing
01-20-2013, 05:43 PM
Slightly unrelated, but maybe this topic should be a sticky until the tournament is over.

WyzDM
01-20-2013, 08:01 PM
That's what I was thinking but this way it allows for more people to paricipate. Some clans just have more members. We can't really just tell people, nope, you just gota make another clan etc.

It does give bigger clans more of a advantage, but when it comes down to it, it'll still be individual player skill. I think teams should be allowed.

I'm not saying split big clans. Say clan A has 10 with 4 ranks and clan B has 5 with 2 ranks. No more then 2 ranks from each clan are in the same chat (priority first, then down the line from online status). Those leaders make the pairs (and of course can pair themselves). If you have a larger clan, you simply have more players. With that, you also have more activity. THAT'S YOUR ADVANTAGE.

That's like saying my clan is better then yours because I got 16 teams of 4 of 1200 elos. I'd be the laughing stock of the community.

Also, these wins/losses would go both for player skill, but also total clan skill. Otherwise you can put up 4 really good players together and 4 newbies in another team, then watch the four good ones carry the clan on their back? Sorry, this idea is just silly.

I'm beginning to think I should just create my own event because this isn't taking off anyway.

xvdaemonicxv
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
I'm not saying split big clans. Say clan A has 10 with 4 ranks and clan B has 5 with 2 ranks. No more then 2 ranks from each clan are in the same chat (priority first, then down the line from online status). Those leaders make the pairs (and of course can pair themselves). If you have a larger clan, you simply have more players. With that, you also have more activity. THAT'S YOUR ADVANTAGE.

That's like saying my clan is better then yours because I got 16 teams of 4 of 1200 elos. I'd be the laughing stock of the community.

Also, these wins/losses would go both for player skill, but also total clan skill. Otherwise you can put up 4 really good players together and 4 newbies in another team, then watch the four good ones carry the clan on their back? Sorry, this idea is just silly.

I'm beginning to think I should just create my own event because this isn't taking off anyway.

I understand what you're saying, and you are correct. It is a silly idea and it doesn't really reflect how good a clan is if you put 4 good players in a them and 4 newbs in another. But what I'm trying to say is, why not just let them play?

All im arguing is that Team A can have 4 really good players and Team B can have 20 newbie players and ofc Team A would win and be "the best clan" still. Sure it'd be a hassle and take awhile but since this is the first tournament ever on SE. I say our main priority is just to get people to join. We can set up more elite tournaments once the game gains more traction and the tourneys become more popular.

And im planning on organizing the brackets in a way where if Clan A only has 4 members, the likeliness of them having to go against each other in the earlier brackets are wayyyy less than a clan with 20 participating members.

Here is a rough example:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4170cfa26bcffc420ca573115bffac25/tumblr_mgyjn6nuZX1rzvs1to1_1280.png

If Team B wins in the top 2 brackets, theyll have to face each other second bracket. Thus eliminating their number advantage. Team A on the other hand would not have to worry about eliminating each other until the quarter finals(given they all win each time).

WyzDM
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
I understand what you're saying, and you are correct. It is a silly idea and it doesn't really reflect how good a clan is if you put 4 good players in a them and 4 newbs in another. But what I'm trying to say is, why not just let them play?

All im arguing is that Team A can have 4 really good players and Team B can have 20 newbie players and ofc Team A would win and be "the best clan" still. Sure it'd be a hassle and take awhile but since this is the first tournament ever on SE. I say our main priority is just to get people to join. We can set up more elite tournaments once the game gains more traction and the tourneys become more popular.

And im planning on organizing the brackets in a way where if Clan A only has 4 members, the likeliness of them having to go against each other in the earlier brackets are wayyyy less than a clan with 20 participating members.

Here is a rough example:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4170cfa26bcffc420ca573115bffac25/tumblr_mgyjn6nuZX1rzvs1to1_1280.png

If Team B wins in the top 2 brackets, theyll have to face each other second bracket. Thus eliminating their number advantage. Team A on the other hand would not have to worry about eliminating each other until the quarter finals(given they all win each time).

...This is just silly. Why would you put clan mates against themselves?

I have a better sketch:

*leaders chatting in a private IRC client*
"Hey thatother guy, you have anyone online atm? I got galeforce ready for battle."
"Yeah, I got chaotic evil ready now. Set em up, best of 3."
*exchanges codes*
...Next?

_Ai_
01-21-2013, 12:15 AM

I have a better sketch:

"Hey thatother guy, you have anyone online atm? I got galeforce ready for battle."
*exchanges codes*
...Next?

Next is
1. ???
2. profit!
just a joke lol

That Other Guy
01-21-2013, 09:15 AM

I have a better sketch:

*exchanges codes*
...Next?

Next I want you to form a team for the tourney.

KrayZStick
01-21-2013, 10:53 AM
Ahem, I would like this rule added please.
*Battles can only be fought between the same empires [Ex. Order vs Order. Chaos vs Chaos (No Chaos vs Order)]*
I want this rule added because no one in FK has Chaos.

KrayZStick
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
or u just dont want to fight chaos because u know u CANT BEAT IT :D
:p Well I barely have any experience fighting against chaos.

WyzDM
01-21-2013, 11:03 AM
:p Well I barely have any experience fighting against chaos.

Now would be a good start then eh??

Next is
1. ???
2. profit!
just a joke lol

Actually... yes, haha. :D

Giz
01-21-2013, 12:05 PM
TEAM ONE FOR GIZMOGAMERS:
Me, KrayZStick, Cashbags, and KillerPixel

KrayZStick
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
TEAM ONE FOR GIZMOGAMERS:
Me, KrayZStick, Cashbags, and KillerPixel
Thought I was in FK Team.

DragonFrost
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Me too............................................... .................
Also, krayz dont worry, i'll pwn the chaos players for you :3

That Other Guy
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Me too............................................... .................
Also, krayz dont worry, i'll pwn the chaos players for you :3

We'll see about that.

DragonFrost
01-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Meh. My own best Chaos player, NrgFA, will pwn you guys if i cant :P

Giz
01-23-2013, 02:50 PM
GizmoGamer update:
1. KrayZStick is not in my team
2. KillerPixel just left my clan, so that just leaves me and cashbags :(