PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Observation: Miners Against Speartons

malbence
01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
So I was playing Stick Empires like I do, you know, and my opponent suggested we have miners wars and only make miners, so I agreed. Near the end of the game when I was almost done making all my miners and walls and castle archers, I send a spearton down to make sure he wasn't doing any shit (dumb move that late, I know) and of course he had massed maybe 20 Speartons in his castle, and because now the jig was up, he attacked me.

I had 40. Miners. and 3 Castle Archers. All coming down on this guy and I was sure I was gonna lose but might as well put up a fight, and so I started using my excess cash and mana to spend the last of my seconds in bliss, and so I began clicking on giants and speartons and archers and magikills and stuff.

Half a minute later, all my miners are dead, and guess what? Only around 7 Speartons made it out, all with only around 2-3 bars of health left, and so I let my archer and Spearton that I had trained now, and my three castle archers kill the speartons.

Every. Last. One. Died.

Personally I think this is a very interesting observation, although useless because you can't expect your enemy not to make an offensive and just let you mass miners. But what luck! So soon I made some more miners and started harassing him, both verbally and on the game (he claimed to know Brock, that he went to the same church as him, and that he was a hacker, so I started telling him off) and then beat him.

tl;dr MINERS AND CASTLE ARCHERS = GREATEST ARMY EVER. sometimes.

xvdaemonicxv
01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Well here's where you can put that info into good use malbence. If you have castle archers+ a good amount of miners and the opponent is harrasing you with 1 spearton (usually the early spearton the opponent might go for just to harass your miners) you should ALWAYS set the miner he is attacking and a few others to attack back. At most he can kill 1 miner but be srsly injured. Injured enough that you can easily finish him off later. And if he garrisons to heal up, healing a woounded spearton takes forever so he will be ut of commisinon for a long time.

Its way better than losing all that mining time.

KrayZStick
01-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Don't you mean 40 miners? Besides why would you do that on a rated game? You risk losing rating. Use it on a friendly game!

malbence
01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
KrayZStick: Haha lol yeah I meant 40, I'll edit soon. I was counting in population.

xx: Yeah I literally /just/ had a game where the guy sent out a Spearton (my usual strategy's weakness) early on, and I set a Castle Archer, Swordwrath, and 3 miners on it. Dead immediately! Of course, one miner died but psh, they're dispensable.

xvdaemonicxv
01-11-2013, 07:08 PM
good, you lost just a little mining time and 150g. But he lost 450g and 50 mana with that spearton :).

DragonFrost
01-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Whats tldr?

3FFA
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Too Long; Didn't read.

DragonFrost
01-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Oh, thx.

KrayZStick
01-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Whats tldr?
where'd you see that? I can't find it :(

DragonFrost
01-11-2013, 08:29 PM
So I was playing Stick Empires like I do, you know, and my opponent suggested we have miners wars and only make miners, so I agreed. Near the end of the game when I was almost done making all my miners and walls and castle archers, I send a spearton down to make sure he wasn't doing any shit (dumb move that late, I know) and of course he had massed maybe 20 Speartons in his castle, and because now the jig was up, he attacked me.

I had 40. Miners. and 3 Castle Archers. All coming down on this guy and I was sure I was gonna lose but might as well put up a fight, and so I started using my excess cash and mana to spend the last of my seconds in bliss, and so I began clicking on giants and speartons and archers and magikills and stuff.

Half a minute later, all my miners are dead, and guess what? Only around 7 Speartons made it out, all with only around 2-3 bars of health left, and so I let my archer and Spearton that I had trained now, and my three castle archers kill the speartons.

Every. Last. One. Died.

Personally I think this is a very interesting observation, although useless because you can't expect your enemy not to make an offensive and just let you mass miners. But what luck! So soon I made some more miners and started harassing him, both verbally and on the game (he claimed to know Brock, that he went to the same church as him, and that he was a hacker, so I started telling him off) and then beat him.

The big part, and it's the bottom of the OP.

uberman
01-11-2013, 10:04 PM

Great 1 line summary for our friends with short attention spans :)

Now that miners move faster, this makes then even more suitable in self-defence than before.
Get miner hustle, and they will become a ninja strike force - well, almost :)
Add the fact that now they only carry at most half a bag of gold, and the loss for a miner dying is even less worrying than before.

Juice Box
01-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I'd say this is sorta impossible. But...

Did you tell your Miners to target one Spearton at a time? That would sorta work. Plus, those reinforcements you had with you--the ones you had after he invaded.

Anyways, I'd say he did not have around twenty Speartons. By the time you make forty Miners, he would most likely have less than fifteen or so.

malbence
01-12-2013, 05:49 AM
No Juice Box I felt like massing tons of gold and mana because I figured if we were both making the same army then why not? But he did have a sexyliciously large army of Speartons.

Also no, I didn't tell them to target because I thought that was a waste of time; I let them kind of wear down all the Speartons and then let the Castle archers finish them off while they tried to destroy my statue.

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 07:53 AM
the miners thhemselves did not do much damage. they were just acting as the wall for the enemy to bunch up on while the castle archers did most of the work

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Actually, miners do quite a bit of damage (albeit less than castles), and 40 does LOTS of damage.

300noob
01-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Actually, miners do quite a bit of damage (albeit less than castles), and 40 does LOTS of damage.
Miners have pack mentality! ROFL :P

300noob
01-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Miners counter speartons dunno if anyone knew that xD
really? show me...

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 09:50 AM
actually, albows counter speartons :)

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
WHAT REALLY??? Even if the albow has blazing bolts?

KrayZStick
01-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Bombers shouldn't be able to attack albatrosses -.-

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
What would microing his spears do? They still have to get into range of miners to attack

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
Really? I feellike the splash is the same as a direct hit.

300noob
01-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Really? I feellike the splash is the same as a direct hit.

He's sorta right mate, splash damage is slightly lower compare to direct hit...but slightly lower

300noob
01-12-2013, 09:24 PM
mehh... I see you have taken an interest in the game RAZE- my interest for it died out long ago.

But I digress. A slightly lower damage still makes a difference, but I don't think it is slight.
uhm, It's Raze 2... and the game is out for over 3 years now
i've been playing that game since.
i like the boss feeling when i reflect somebody rocket back to their face
i also like the game's music, its sound cool

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 10:07 PM
did you know our resident juice box is partly responsible for some of the other games of the same maker like strike force heroes?

malbence
01-12-2013, 10:13 PM
^just about to say that

I loved all of Juice Box's games by the way. Raze is cool, I still go back to it every now and then. I specifically remember Level 25 on Alien campaign as being ridiculously difficult because my team members all sucked.

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 10:19 PM
I could never beat the lasr alien lvl in raze 2 because the hero guy was just way to op lol. the only thing that worked was reflecting his op rockets back at him.

malbence
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
By jesus that hero guy was way OP. There's a YouTube video of a guy who beat him with no deaths using the basic rocket.

The main problem is the time limit I think. I could wait him out and guerilla his ass off with rockets and invincibility if there wasn't a stinkin' time limit.

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 10:48 PM
4 mins for 20 killz is near impossible. especially when he can one shot u

malbence
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
More like 5 shot you, but it's impossible to dodge once he hits you once.

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 10:58 PM
what are you talking about? it only took one rocket with no sheild to kill you, and a max of like two with one.

petmuju
01-13-2013, 05:16 AM
did you know our resident juice box is partly responsible for some of the other games of the same maker like strike force heroes?

She's in community in credits.

^just about to say that

I loved all of Juice Box's games by the way. Raze is cool, I still go back to it every now and then. I specifically remember Level 25 on Alien campaign as being ridiculously difficult because my team members all sucked.

Actually it's not Juicebox's games. It's Juice-tin's at sky9.

Also, guys. We are out of topic. XD

_Ai_
01-13-2013, 07:22 AM
I also play raze and completed the game.... it was hard.
Anyway, back to topic
So how many miners can pwn 1 spear?

malbence
01-13-2013, 07:43 AM
/totally thought Juice Box was Juice-Tin for a while

Anyways in the beginning of the game people sometimes send out a Spearton, so I set 4 miners and 1 swordwrath against it and he loses a Spearton while I lose a miner (if he's lucky).

So maybe 5 or 6 miners = 2 or 3 speartons.

petmuju
01-14-2013, 04:32 AM
/totally thought Juice Box was Juice-Tin for a while

Juice-Tin's real name is Justin(you probably know that). Which is a male's name and Juice Box is female so she can't be him. XD

And to keep on topic,...
I've got nothing... Maybe I'll just say,... miner empire rules! XD

_Ai_
01-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Hah, You all are trying not move off topic while talking about Raze.

Can i get the statistics about the miners?

DragonFrost
01-14-2013, 06:51 AM
What do you mean by stats of a miner?

xvdaemonicxv
01-14-2013, 09:39 PM
miners make good meatshield against giants in a giantvsgiant battle c: