PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or are there more giant spammers now?

KrayZStick
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
Idk if it's because of the update or not, but there seems to be more giant spammers now! In the 10 games I've played today, about 6 of them spammed giants!
I believe there should be a limit to how many giants you can get, such as 3 or 4. Or they should be nerfed so either their build time is slower or they are weaker and have less HP.

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Well I wouldn't know, I haven't played ranked matches recently. But. After the update, even I (who loves to rush) have started to turtle. I suppose there could be more giant spammers now for some reason. Btw, maybe giants are obtained quicker (as in, faster gold income?) now, somehow? Even though supposedly the speed of gold income is the same..

jerrytt
01-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Hmm...
Brock stated that the rate of gold income for the FIRST few mines were the same, but that would mean since there are more trips than there used to be now, income late game slows down. So the total ecenomy is slightly slower, not faster.
But yes, make giants cost more population.
3 speartons 9 pop vs 1 giant 7 pop (this is supposedly the amount you need)
Im not sure about swordswrath but I think it takes more than 7.

xvdaemonicxv
01-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Sigh...

1. Before this patch each miner would bring in 150 gold each time, thus when two miners get back you get 300 gold. With the more miners u have the amount of gold u get is more. This is why before this patch you mightve seen spearton rushing more. 3 miners, 450 gold. Easy.

2. Refer to point one. But this also means that giant spamming was more common BEFORE this patch because you would get gold in bulk. Giant 1500 gold. 10 miners return.

3. The rate of income is the same as stated by Brock.

4. SO WHY DOES IT SEEM LIKE THERES MORE GIANT SPAMMERS?

5.Here is why: Because you guys are getting pressured WAY FASTER than before in the early game. The rate at which you can make swordraths and archers have increased dramatically. People who take advantage of this probably pressure you into hiding in your base while they hold tower. To put it simply, you've already lost the game, and earlier too.

6. Refer to point 5. Usually when I do that, the other player gets castle archers and walls. If I continue to make smaller units, speartons, archidons, archers, swords, mage, etc. The splash damage taken from the castle archers is too much and would drag the game on indefinetly. So... I make giants. I giant spam for a quicker victory.

7. Note what I said in point 5. "You've already lost the game, and earlier too" You have lost to a giant spammer not because of the giants, but because you lost in the early stages of the game. BEFORE THERE WERE ANY GIANTS ON THE FIELD.

8. I giant spam. I have the skills to make you turtle in your base and then crush you with giants. Get over it.

9.I hate giant spam complainers.

10. I love you all tho. Kay im done.

DragonFrost
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM
XD you don't like giant spammers, but if they can beat cc you won't complain LOL

3FFA
01-13-2013, 04:43 AM
I wont complain to you, as long as you promise to take down captain corps.

And have CC make a video of it and post it on YouTube. :P

stickman311
01-13-2013, 05:26 AM
(Sigh)

This thread is forcing me to giant spa.

Jombloxx
01-13-2013, 05:33 AM
Idk if it's because of the update or not, but there seems to be more giant spammers now! In the 10 games I've played today, about 6 of them spammed giants!
I believe there should be a limit to how many giants you can get, such as 3 or 4. Or they should be nerfed so either their build time is slower or they are weaker and have less HP.
Why not increase pop to maybe - 20 OMG = even spammers will have small amount o giants = 4 giants ^.^

Bladed Fire
01-13-2013, 05:56 AM
Great but not very good( make the giant too fat to fit in the army to support) Make giants have a limit of
Only two(balance?)
How to giant spa? Giant is going to spa or you go to spa with giants?

uberman
01-13-2013, 06:06 AM
5.Here is why: Because you guys are getting pressured WAY FASTER than before in the early game. The rate at which you can make swordraths and archers have increased dramatically. People who take advantage of this probably pressure you into hiding in your base while they hold tower. To put it simply, you've already lost the game, and earlier too.

9.I hate giant spam complainers.

10. I love you all tho. Kay im done.

There are two main justified complaints;
1. its by far the most efficient use of 7 population and 1500 resources - other units are primarily there to enhance and support the giants. The only real counters are swords or other giants.
2. chaos has no counter to E-giants once they are up. Meaning for comparable resources and population. Chaos giants are significantly weaker then E-giants. The only chance for chaos is to cripple the economy before E-giants are made (which is even harder, now miners are faster moving and only carry half-bags of gold, bt thats another, different nail in the coffin for chaos).

Jombloxx
01-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Great but not very good( make the giant too fat to fit in the army to support) Make giants have a limit of
Only two(balance?)
How to giant spa? Giant is going to spa or you go to spa with giants?

This maked me fall out of mah chair ROFL

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 06:39 AM
There are two main justified complaints;
1. its by far the most efficient use of 7 population and 1500 resources - other units are primarily there to enhance and support the giants. The only real counters are swords or other giants.
2. chaos has no counter to E-giants once they are up. Meaning for comparable resources and population. Chaos giants are significantly weaker then E-giants. The only chance for chaos is to cripple the economy before E-giants are made (which is even harder, now miners are faster moving and only carry half-bags of gold, bt thats another, different nail in the coffin for chaos).

1. OF COURSE ITS THE MOST FKING EFFICIENT. IT TAKES THE MOST GOLD AND THE MOST TIME TO MAKE. THATS WHY YOU CAN ONLY GET IT LATER IN THE GAME. *rage*
2. Ask Wyzdm there is a counter to E-giants. Of course not spammed e-giants, as I disccused earlier, if you're opponent has spammed giants, that means you already lost early game.

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?49403-I-am-was-rank-1-I-know-what-I-m-talking-about-Read-this-Giant-Spamming

^this should explain everything more clearly.

uberman
01-13-2013, 06:51 AM
1. OF COURSE ITS THE MOST FKING EFFICIENT. IT TAKES THE MOST GOLD AND THE MOST TIME TO MAKE. THATS WHY YOU CAN ONLY GET IT LATER IN THE GAME. *rage*
2. Ask Wyzdm there is a counter to E-giants. Of course not spammed e-giants, as I disccused earlier, if you're opponent has spammed giants, that means you already lost early game.

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?49403-I-am-was-rank-1-I-know-what-I-m-talking-about-Read-this-Giant-Spamming

^this should explain everything more clearly.

Yes, I replied to that excellent post you made. I hope WyzDM or another top chaos player will provide a counter argument.

But, the build time for a giant is not long at all compared to building a counter in non-giants - its faster to build a giant than say 3 or 4 Juggerknights to counter the giant. Yes, I understand your point that for those (40?) seconds when the giant builds the player is disadvantaged, but really, with respect, the different build time between a single giant and a single juggerknight is not that significant, and the build time as well as resource gathering time to collect & build one giant is significantly less than the time to collect and build 4 juggerknights. It is faster and it is cheaper to build one giant than 3-4 juggerknights or any other counter.

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Ahh my bad for blowing up on you, I only saw your other comment on my other post afterwards. My bad! No hard feelings, really, my sincerest apologies. Okay well wyzdms counter is the marrowki thing where you drag the giant. When a giant is being dragged he can not attack. That is the best counter against 1 giant, add that to like 2 jugs/w.e else... I don't rly know cause I don't play choas. But the main counter is the marrowki. Oh he also had his own giant+marrowki. yea. something like that....

This is a really bad reply so yea... you rly gota ask Wyzdm xD

uberman
01-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Ahh my bad for blowing up on you, I only saw your other comment on my other post afterwards. My bad! No hard feelings, really, my sincerest apologies. Okay well wyzdms counter is the marrowki thing where you drag the giant. When a giant is being dragged he can not attack. That is the best counter against 1 giant, add that to like 2 jugs/w.e else... I don't rly know cause I don't play choas. But the main counter is the marrowki. Oh he also had his own giant+marrowki. yea. something like that....

This is a really bad reply so yea... you rly gota ask Wyzdm xD

Hey buddy, I have had a lot worse blow ups! So no appologies, we're good. Its kind of tricky, as were talking in two threads at the same time :)
I think best to keep it over there.