PDA

View Full Version : Another Observation that's Annoying Me About Strategies

malbence
01-13-2013, 07:44 AM
Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that as you play games, everyone adopts the same strategy for a while? Then someone better comes along and whoops their asses with a new strategy, and then they all take that one up ...

WHY CAN'T PLAYERS USE THEIR OWN GOSHDARN STRATEGIES?

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 08:16 AM
LOLLL. that is all I have to say xD.

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Because they want to get better, :)

malbence
01-13-2013, 08:34 AM
But then it's like going through a wall of players who do the /exact. same. thing./ :( It's annoying. :P

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 08:37 AM
True, but what can you do? Maybe get the developers to implement a thing where you "register" your strategies, then other people cannot use it? Lol

KrayZStick
01-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Adapt or die. That's all I have to say!

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Adapt to giant massers?? NOOOOOO!!! Then I'd rather die lol

3FFA
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
It is bound to happen in a game like this. It happened in Star Craft and Star Craft 2 as well as in Stick War and SW2. What do you expect?

DragonFrost
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
That something else will happen? :)

Bladed Fire
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, the strategies we used being copied from all the newbies to get better, I hope they will copy my strategy that don't mass giants. :P

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Its going to be who can execute the same strategy better and ultiametly who has better Micro :). Basically, you're both playing the same game and seeing who can play it better :P

stop looking down on giant massing, it hurts my heart that I went thru so much to type all that and you guys still don't get it. Crazy Jay even agreed that the post was very good and that I nailed it :(

Westwind
01-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Its going to be who can execute the same strategy better and ultiametly who has better Micro :). Basically, you're both playing the same game and seeing who can play it better :P

stop looking down on giant massing, it hurts my heart that I went thru so much to type all that and you guys still don't get it. Crazy Jay even agreed that the post was very good and that I nailed it :(

If they wanna keep at it then its their problem, you already did your best pretty much helping everyone be a better gamer with your post, its up to them now.

xvdaemonicxv
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the support mate!

Azxc
01-13-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't think repeating your strategies can win all the game, it is not stupid action games, shooting games or etc
try to switch different strategies

That is the way to play in a STRATEGY game

WyzDM
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Is it only me or has anyone else noticed that as you play games, everyone adopts the same strategy for a while? Then someone better comes along and whoops their asses with a new strategy, and then they all take that one up ...

The metagame will be ever-evolving. Don't think of it as players copying everyone else, but they're witnessing what's been effective on them and are willing to use it. For short maps, archer-swordwrath is arguably the best start. This is making use of something that's effective, and will remain effective until someone else figures a different counter.

WHY CAN'T PLAYERS USE THEIR OWN GOSHDARN STRATEGIES?

But that's what separates ranked players now isn't?

DragonFrost
01-14-2013, 07:01 AM
In order to order, right? Because 2-3 crawlers SHOULD be able to beat that start, and with a better economy, too.

WyzDM
01-14-2013, 04:36 PM
In order to order, right? Because 2-3 crawlers SHOULD be able to beat that start, and with a better economy, too.

I was assuming he was using order. Either way, from the start game, anything can happen.