PDA

View Full Version : FOR REAL

Reaper Rev
01-14-2013, 11:38 AM
What the f*ck with the new update?
I swear this is totally unbalanced. I played 4 games, In all the games I controlled the tower right away, kept harassing the enemy, I was super fast as I'm always are, and suddenly the enemy starts massing giants like ****, I controlled the center, struggling to make more speartons/archers and suddenly 4 giants appear out of nowhere! WHAT THE HELL are giants f*cking free now? I was going to use at least 5 dollars in the game but I won't play anymore until the game is balanced again.

FailingAtFailing
01-14-2013, 02:15 PM
It is balanced. You just aren't doing it right. Once you get the center get tower spawn right away (if you have more than 800 gold and 250 mana). It scouts out the area and puts pressure on the enemy. They spend money on walls (slowing down giant production) and their miners might die.

Also, plain spearton archer army sucks. An army I sometimes use that owns is the following:

2 giants (meatshields)
6 speartons (Either attacking enemy magikill, merics or giants in that order)
12 swordwrath (use rage to attack enemy giants)
6-9 archers (using fire arrows)
3-6 albowtrosses (with blazing bolts)
1 Magikill (to use spells to poison giants and destroy walls of enemies)

NrgFA
01-14-2013, 02:27 PM
I swear this is totally unbalanced. I played 4 games, In all the games I controlled the tower right away, kept harassing the enemy, I was super fast as I'm always are, and suddenly the enemy starts massing giants like ****, I controlled the center, struggling to make more speartons/archers and suddenly 4 giants appear out of nowhere! WHAT THE HELL are giants f*cking free now? I was going to use at least 5 dollars in the game but I won't play anymore until the game is balanced again.

All my opponents just hide their giants in the castle o_O

FailingAtFailing
01-14-2013, 03:17 PM
All my opponents just hide their giants in the castle o_O

Hiding in the castle is something I have seen. I once faced a guy who unleashed 15 or so speartons from his castle once I destroyed one of his miner walls. I had about 10 swordwrath, 5 speartons, 5 archers and 2 albows. He targetted my archers first like a smart guy. My albows died due to castle archers because they are slow to get out.

Tower Spawn, if the opponent has no miner walls, can make an excellent scout too. It can see inside the castle if it survives long enough.

DragonFrost
01-14-2013, 03:21 PM
You can't see into the castle if they have walls.

FailingAtFailing
01-14-2013, 03:48 PM
You can't see into the castle if they have walls.

Walls are useful for more than 1 thing :D

Also, cool, you have 800 posts now.

Tecness2
01-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Walls are useful for more than 1 thing :D

Also, cool, you have 800 posts now.
And 500 of them are as useless as this post is :p

Panki
01-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I hope youve at least looked at the thread about anti giant massing before you complained.

Tecness2
01-14-2013, 06:13 PM
I hope youve at least looked at the thread about anti giant massing before you complained.
His post completely throws Dae's thread out the window. Dae's thread says to apply pressure. He was. Dae's thread said to keep the tower. He did. Guess what! The enemy still giant massed.

Reaper Rev
01-14-2013, 06:26 PM
I Read ALL the threads! IM ALWAYS BUYING THE GHOST FROM THE CENTER! I always do. I always try to make a decent pressure army, but SUDDENLY 4 GIANTS APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE!!! I mean something's really f*cked up here! I had 130 victories/60 defeats (half of the losses are lag defeats) And when I stop playing for 2 weeks for xmas Suddenly I can't win ANY GAME i mean I always apply pressure, I always buy the ghost, always harass, I ALWAYS SCOUT!!!! This IS NOT BALANCED. YES I BUY MANY MINERS I ALWAYS MAX MY ECONOMY FAST. This is f*cked up.

Panki
01-14-2013, 06:44 PM
First off, stop whining like a little bitch.

Speartons and archidons are not enough. You'll need LOTS of swordwrath with rage or a magikill with poison.If they don't a wall,then try the spearton surprise strategy where you focus all your units on the tower. But you can't really ask me because I play chaos more than I play order and I deal better with rushers than massers.

Westwind
01-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Honestly with those attitude problems he doesn't even deserve answers, but I'll comment anyways even if we should just ignore him and let the thread die till he asks nicely for help. A good way for us actually helping you for example, would be if you gave us replays from your games so then we can comment on where was the error.

Basing on your words alone, maybe you are doing your ghost tower too early without properly building an army to defend the tower point, which would just make you fall back even more in army advantage and then you can't stand the blow from the surprise army (giants, etc.).

xvdaemonicxv
01-14-2013, 07:19 PM
The reason why you lost is becasue he out-teched you. Here read this one:

http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?49448-The-True-Potential-of-Stick-Wars-And-Micro-Macro-Management-(Replay-included)

The main point being, once both players economy are high enough, lower tiered units(such as archers/speartons/etc.) become less viable. You were spending to much money on your archers. Sure you may have been harassing his economy but obviously the damage was not enough to stop his giants.

Something important for you to realize:

1.Archer is 350g.
2.4archers is 1400g.
3.that is 100g short of a giant.
4.I am willing to bet you had more than 4 archers in the very late game.
5.Mid-to late game means teching to higher tiered units, not wasting gold on lower tiered units.

If you're telling me he had the gold income and the army to be able to hide 3-4 giants in his base WITHOUT using them to defend your "harass" your harass was obviously nothing but a small nusiance to him(and your harass sucked, to put it simply).

Also. This game was probably in the very very very late stages seeing as how he had the time to make that many giants. And you're telling me you didn't even bother to tech to giants yourself? What were you spending your better economy(opponent should not have been able to mine 2nd row gold succesfully+you have tower) on? A bunch of low tech units? That is why you lost.

Plus seeing as how you just got back, you're really rusty and you're probably still adapting to the patch. :)

3FFA
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
daemon you just spoke what you told me you would keep a secret :P

xvdaemonicxv
01-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Not really... I kinda already posted that in the forums under the link I posted: http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?49448-The-True-Potential-of-Stick-Wars-And-Micro-Macro-Management-(Replay-included)

I was just being more specific for Reaper Rev seeing as how pissed of he was. :)

Reaper Rev
01-14-2013, 11:00 PM
I noticed thanks to daemonic that INDEED i spend too much on archers, but the games don't last longer than 8 minutes...Is that so late so he can actually get 4 giants?

xvdaemonicxv
01-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Well.. he obviously somehow managed too. Heres what happened, he went from low tech straight to high tech early. That's how he managed those giants so early. You kept building low tech units when u shudve made midtech units to harass. The midtech units wudve stood a better chance against the giants also if he pushed out.

And your harass with low tech probably wasnt good enough so he cud jump to high tech so fast and pull it off so succesfully. :)) hope this helps :D

Brotherhood
01-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Not sure why but it seems more people are making Spearton as their first unit after the update. I lost 7 battles in a row to players doing that and there's like no way to defend against it T_T

xvdaemonicxv
01-15-2013, 12:50 AM
^spearton first is the easiest thing to counter. ;)

PsychoticCheez
01-15-2013, 02:52 AM
I Read ALL the threads! IM ALWAYS BUYING THE GHOST FROM THE CENTER! I always do. I always try to make a decent pressure army, but SUDDENLY 4 GIANTS APPEAR OUT OF NOWHERE!!! I mean something's really f*cked up here! I had 130 victories/60 defeats (half of the losses are lag defeats) And when I stop playing for 2 weeks for xmas Suddenly I can't win ANY GAME i mean I always apply pressure, I always buy the ghost, always harass, I ALWAYS SCOUT!!!! This IS NOT BALANCED. YES I BUY MANY MINERS I ALWAYS MAX MY ECONOMY FAST. This is f*cked up.

"Other people got better than me. I'm going to blame it on the update. I suck. Waaa"

_Ai_
01-15-2013, 03:47 AM
"Other people got better than me. I'm going to blame it on the update. I suck. Waaa"

Lols. I acknowledge my worthlessness against masser but not against rusher. I can beat rushers, as long as i dont mess up on microing

And, i really dont know why the hell are you keep using low tiered unit. Try to improvise. Adapt or die. Simple.

Azxc
01-15-2013, 06:04 AM
Not sure why but it seems more people are making Spearton as their first unit after the update. I lost 7 battles in a row to players doing that and there's like no way to defend against it T_T

Sucked in spearton start? Call all your miners and swordwraths to pwn that lonely spearton boss!
Billions ants pwn an elephant lol

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM
Or, get rage and 3 swords, PWN their miners and retreat your miners. Once all there miners retreat, go PWN his spearton XD

Triss
01-15-2013, 07:34 AM
Spearton=Get pwnd by my 3 swords+1 archer

m0ntana
01-15-2013, 07:57 AM
It's not impossible to beat giant spammers. the last match I played, I beat a giant spammer with a ton of speartons and albow's and 1 giant.

RUMMAKER
01-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Make ninjas with level 2 cloak and albowtross with flame arrow upgrade.

Bladed Fire
01-15-2013, 04:36 PM
It's not impossible to beat giant spammers. the last match I played, I beat a giant spammer with a ton of speartons and albow's and 1 giant.

Lol? Giant spammer with 1 giant? It is not giant spammer, they must have more than three to be one. No aggressive means...

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Spearton=Get pwnd by my 3 swords+1 archer

How would you have 3 swords and 1 archer by the time he has a spearton? Remember, 2 miners only give 150 gold now, so even if you waited for a second one, the spearton guy would have 1 sword and a spearton by then.

xvdaemonicxv
01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Uuhh... I always have 3 swords and 1 archer when they get there first spearton... duno what youre talking about ;p

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
... HOW??? You start with 1 sword 1 archer, right? then your miners give 150 gold, buy another sword. IF you wait for your miners to finish another bag, then the opponents miners should have finished 1 set too?

3FFA
01-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Lol? Giant spammer with 1 giant? It is not giant spammer, they must have more than three to be one. No aggressive means...
Reread what he said. Until you understand where you strayed in your comprehension.

xvdaemonicxv
01-15-2013, 08:20 PM
... HOW??? You start with 1 sword 1 archer, right? then your miners give 150 gold, buy another sword. IF you wait for your miners to finish another bag, then the opponents miners should have finished 1 set too?

Yea... and then i'd have 3 swords 1 archer? :P

Panki
01-15-2013, 08:25 PM
/facedesk

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
But you said that when they have 1 spearton, you have 3 swords and an archer. WHAT I'm saying is is that the opponent should have gotten A SPEARTON AND A SWORD by the time you have 3 swords 1 archidon.

m0ntana
01-15-2013, 08:44 PM

I had the 1 giant, the albowtross's and the speartons lol

and the guy i vsed had 4 giants :/

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 08:49 PM
4 giants? That is noob.

xvdaemonicxv
01-15-2013, 10:01 PM
But you said that when they have 1 spearton, you have 3 swords and an archer. WHAT I'm saying is is that the opponent should have gotten A SPEARTON AND A SWORD by the time you have 3 swords 1 archidon.

Frost... just test it with me then... :p

stickman311
01-15-2013, 11:41 PM
3 swords with rage will kill a spearton with two surviving if he chooses to attack the swords

Azxc
01-16-2013, 01:35 AM
there is no swordwraths die if you take good control
but you cannot kill the spearton start with rage cuz it needs 60 sec researching

Bladed Fire
01-16-2013, 07:21 AM
Lol, I'm rushed... 4 giants? Easy to beat if they didn't control the giants or have no army for them.

m0ntana
01-16-2013, 02:16 PM
just beat another 4 giants.. aparrantley he had 6, so i lost

stickman311
01-17-2013, 07:11 AM
This is how:get one sword two miners.put first two on gold.second two on mana.occupy tower.when u get 50 mana,send them to gold. Research rage.keep making swords.When he attack with a spear,send the sword to his miners.If he runs back, your stalling completed.send the sword back when you see that he will die in two shots. When he attacks, u should have 3 swords.stall him again if u haven't completed researching rage.if u did, you won.
If he attacks your miners,garrison and then wait til u get 3 swords. Send the miners out and swords too to attack the spearton.He wouldn't dare to try to let his miners attack tour sword as he will only have two.the spearton should have garrisoned by now,leading you to economy and army advantage.

_Ai_
01-17-2013, 07:17 AM
This is how:get one sword two miners.put first two on gold.second two on mana.occupy tower.when u get 50 mana,send them to gold. Research rage.keep making swords.When he attack with a spear,send the sword to his miners.If he runs back, your stalling completed.send the sword back when you see that he will die in two shots. When he attacks, u should have 3 swords.stall him again if u haven't completed researching rage.if u did, you won.
If he attacks your miners,garrison and then wait til u get 3 swords. Send the miners out and swords too to attack the spearton.He wouldn't dare to try to let his miners attack tour sword as he will only have two.the spearton should have garrisoned by now,leading you to economy and army advantage.

if i mass against you, i probaly would win

stickman311
01-17-2013, 07:31 AM
I would use sword archer and limit u to 8 miners on fold and when you get an army to deal with 5 sword and 2 spearton and 1 archer u i would be ahead of economy and u would see my 2 giants coming out