PDA

View Full Version : My spearton strategy

XJAWZ
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Hi, i've been playing stick empires, and I put together a strategy based on the strategies of some of the opponents I've faced in my experience of the game.
This strategy might not be perfect, and I invite anyone to post their opinions. Thank you.

1.spend all your initial money on miners, and task one on mana. If the enemy sends an early attack, respond accordingly.
EX. spearton, train castle archer and mob with miners.

2. when you have enough money for a spearton, train one,. and take the center with it. Once you have two, go over to the enemy side to see how they're doing. If they don't have castle archers, go for their miners and their statue. Be sure to train castle archer at your base before this move. Stay at their base as long as possible, and when both your units health get to the halfway mark, retreat to your castle for healing. While they're distracted, train some more speartons and miners.

3. When you have 5 or more speartons, attack again and attack their statue. If you think you can destroy it, then do it. If you think you will die before that happens, retreat at the halfway mark.

4. Build up your units, and depending on the opponent, repeat strategy. If they have lots of albowtross by now, then retreat and research spearton capabilities. Keep training speartons and miners. BUT YOU MUST TRAIN ONE FULL SIZE GIANT. Use the giant as a meat sheild, and send him first. When your enemies are occupied with your giant, rush your speartons behind the giant and attack their statue, and ONLY their statue. Hopefully you will win the battle. If not, sorry.

Thanks for viewing! Again, I invite you to post your opinions on this thread!

FailingAtFailing
01-15-2013, 04:13 PM
So basically a spearton rush?

3FFA
01-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Early game
I will get map control and the center tower while you have fun with your miner-city. I will harass them with swords and an archer while you have fun not getting enough money for 2 speartons.

I will have more than enough swordwrath with rage upgraded to kill that rush of 2 speartons.

You are already losing.

Mid game problems
You waste money and map control on castle archers and display continuous neglectfulness of even the idea of having possession of the center tower.

I have a huge lead in both income and army as well as have full map control, keeping you in your base.

Nice try killing me with 5 or more speartons. I will have a much stronger army by that point and will force you away, or you can commit suicide if you like, I don't really care for which option you choose. Retreat at the halfway mark? KK. Get killed before you can retreat :)

End Game
You can build your units, but you can't beat my strategy if you don't have control of the tower and are getting pressured by the Ghost and my army has full map control and full reign to harass your miners due to your weakling of an army.

Your giant will come long after mine do. And my giants will easily wreck any pathetic army you have, tear your miners limb by limb, and help my other units as they bring down all that remains of your pathetic existence in the game, your statue. You should be sorry. But I thank you for giving me a higher rating :)

ShadowyWhisper
01-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Early game
I will get map control and the center tower while you have fun with your miner-city. I will harass them with swords and an archer while you have fun not getting enough money for 2 speartons.

I will have more than enough swordwrath with rage upgraded to kill that rush of 2 speartons.

You are already losing.

Mid game problems
You waste money and map control on castle archers and display continuous neglectfulness of even the idea of having possession of the center tower.

I have a huge lead in both income and army as well as have full map control, keeping you in your base.

Nice try killing me with 5 or more speartons. I will have a much stronger army by that point and will force you away, or you can commit suicide if you like, I don't really care for which option you choose. Retreat at the halfway mark? KK. Get killed before you can retreat :)

End Game
You can build your units, but you can't beat my strategy if you don't have control of the tower and are getting pressured by the Ghost and my army has full map control and full reign to harass your miners due to your weakling of an army.

Your giant will come long after mine do. And my giants will easily wreck any pathetic army you have, tear your miners limb by limb, and help my other units as they bring down all that remains of your pathetic existence in the game, your statue. You should be sorry. But I thank you for giving me a higher rating :)

A few things.

First, a Spearton sacrificial rush to statue does not under any circumstances work unless your opponent has less than 1600 rating, AFK, or is really stupid.

Second, you want to build Speartons to continue to harass the miners. CONTINUE. Kill as many of them as you can. This prevents Giant building. Also buy a Meric. Buy as many Speartons and Archidons as you can IN THE BEGINNING and keep them very close but not in range of castle archer. The Archidon can then hit the miners and they will have to buy walls. Destroy Walls with Spearton and attack. The miners Garrison again. Meanwhile, build Giants. Once you have a sufficient amount, attack, kill his army(assuming he has one usually I kill all his attacking units and he is forced to buy more miners as they are the only way to receive income), kill his miners, and attack the statue.

DO NOT :

RUSH WITH SPEARTONS UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HIS DEFENSES ARE

IF HE HAS 3 CASTLE ARCHERS AND WALLS AND SWORDWRATH WITH RAGE YOUR SPEARTON WILL DIE

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Lol... How does spearton rush not work against anyone except afk, really stupid people or people with less than 1600 rating? Someone beat me, because I didn't know he was spearton rushing (note, this was my first game against spearton rushers, I had no defense XD), cuz he hid them in his base. Also, I got a statue to 1 hp with spearton rushing, then I lagged out XD. I was distracting my opponent by saying I was giant Massing lol

FailingAtFailing
01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Spearton rushing has only beaten me once, the person hid 15 in their castle with walls so my ghost couldn't see them. 15 speartons swarming my 6 speartons and archers. I killed most of them, but my army was gone and he held the tower. At that point I knew I was screwed because he had tower spawn and I only had castle archers for defense.

XJAWZ
01-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I know. It all depends on the opponent. But the end game stategy is to rush the statue, basically.

RUMMAKER
01-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Which is why if u have center and oppoent is not trying to take back u send 3 sword with ragee to killthemselves seeing whats inside walls

xvdaemonicxv
01-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Idk what's going on cause I stopped reading at "spearton first" but... yea... nvm i'll just shut up.

XJAWZ
01-16-2013, 02:08 PM
I have a new idea for a short map.

FOR MINERS: 2 or 3 on mana, and more on gold.
FOR SPEARTONS: If you like spearton rush, then do it, but if you don't, folllow the battle guidelines in this post.
So you send a distraction unit (swordwrath or other) to kill itself, and build a few miners. While they are somewhat distracted, you make a few more miners with miner hustle, and a sword and an archer to claim the center, or defend your base if they counterattacked and took the center.
Then continue training speartons and a few miners to boost your economy and to build up your military. If the opponent is bad, attack. If the opponent is good, build up your military and claim the center. MAKE ARCHERS and a magikill or two, if they have giants. If you have the center, get tower spawn to spy their units. Continue building speartons, and research capabilities for spearton and magikill (electric wall), also with some merics to heal the magikill and archers. In battle, use electric wall, and have some speartons be in sheild wall. When you defeat the opponent, attack their miners and base.

NOTE: Albatross can be a weakness to your units.
Please give your criticism to this post.

ShadowyWhisper
01-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I have a new idea for a short map.

FOR MINERS: 2 or 3 on mana, and more on gold.
FOR SPEARTONS: If you like spearton rush, then do it, but if you don't, folllow the battle guidelines in this post.
So you send a distraction unit (swordwrath or other) to kill itself, and build a few miners. While they are somewhat distracted, you make a few more miners with miner hustle, and a sword and an archer to claim the center, or defend your base if they counterattacked and took the center.
Then continue training speartons and a few miners to boost your economy and to build up your military. If the opponent is bad, attack. If the opponent is good, build up your military and claim the center. MAKE ARCHERS and a magikill or two, if they have giants. If you have the center, get tower spawn to spy their units. Continue building speartons, and research capabilities for spearton and magikill (electric wall), also with some merics to heal the magikill and archers. In battle, use electric wall, and have some speartons be in sheild wall. When you defeat the opponent, attack their miners and base.

NOTE: Albatross can be a weakness to your units.
Please give your criticism to this post.

I don't get how you get distracted by a SwordWrath sending itself to my 2 Speartons, and I don't get how you can build more than 1 miner in 2 seconds...

ShadowyWhisper
01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
Lol... How does spearton rush not work against anyone except afk, really stupid people or people with less than 1600 rating? Someone beat me, because I didn't know he was spearton rushing (note, this was my first game against spearton rushers, I had no defense XD), cuz he hid them in his base. Also, I got a statue to 1 hp with spearton rushing, then I lagged out XD. I was distracting my opponent by saying I was giant Massing lol

I'm double posting here. Thanks for editing it for me Tec, if you do. Anyways, I want to make something clear.

1 Wall, 2 Castle Archers, Miner Defense, and 7 SwordWrath with rage can kill all your Spearton before even 1/6 of the statue health is gone.

Never mind I deleted it didn't want to be banned.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Is this a free post count?

dracojex
01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't see why people always use their giants as meat shields. I normally use them like artillery so I keep them back.

jli
01-29-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't see why people always use their giants as meat shields.

Well, they do have a TON of health...

dracojex
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Yea I know but I find them more useful as damage dealers. I try not to have them go out front too often because if the other person has a large force, it isn't that hard to concentrate forces and take out the giant rather quickly.

jli
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
They can, but it still takes a few seconds, and while all their melee units are clumped up close to the giant, you can use a single magikill to blast them all to oblivion :D

XJAWZ
01-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Wow. I didn't know that my stupid thread would still have posts on it...

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Well if you didn't delete it then obviously it would still have posts on it...

jli
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I know, Dracojex did some necromancy and revived it.

_Ai_
01-30-2013, 03:10 AM
Lolz. I have no comment, but I still commented. Ain't that weird.

XJAWZ
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
Well if you didn't delete it then obviously it would still have posts on it...

can't argue with that...