PDA

View Full Version : Y is dis not mentioned yet?

RUMMAKER
01-15-2013, 03:07 PM
The fog of war needs an improvement.

U can tell who Random is without scouting( imo shouldnt be changed cuz opening plays a huge part)

U can tell when the center is getting captured through the fog

U can tell when they get a castle archer through the fog

U can tell when and where walls and towers are being built through the fog
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Idea suggestion, diffrent sight range for diffrent units.

3FFA
01-15-2013, 03:25 PM
So basically you are requesting a Shroud. (http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Shroud)

DragonFrost
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Doesn't really matter to me, though the current fog is fair enough, knowing if they are chaos or order is important, same with walls and castle archers, because you could spearton rush, without knowing that they had 3 castle archers and 2 walls, because it looks like they are defenseless. You could hide capturing middle, but that doesn't really affect the game.

xvdaemonicxv
01-15-2013, 07:07 PM
I very much like the idea. I think all things mentioned by rummaker could be implemented, this would just require more skill and scouting smartly.

Except hiding the race... openerors are way to big of a factor in this game that it wud make random players have to much of an advantage.

asdfstick
01-15-2013, 08:45 PM
That's what I do. Check to see if they captured the tower or they have a wall or a castle archer.

RUMMAKER
01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I was not clear enaugh, i do not want them to hide the race because as lots of ppl taled about opening is way important.
However everything else should be hidden. If u die to tons of castle archers its ur fault cuz u failed to send a cheap swordwrath scout in first.

DragonFrost
01-16-2013, 03:07 PM
True true.. I never send scouts :(

3FFA
01-16-2013, 03:44 PM
u forgot 1 thing. U can tell where the ghost is through the fog.

DragonFrost
01-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Yeah, the bluish sparks, right? I love seeing it, so I can prepare :)
Oh, also, when they spawn there is a massive sound, so it doesn't matter if you can't see where they are, as long as you know when it got summoned. Same with walls, except you can't see where they were placed. And you can see how much gold the opponent has mined lol

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I very much like the idea. I think all things mentioned by rummaker could be implemented, this would just require more skill and scouting smartly.

This would be nice. You can see a lot that could be kept hidden.

Except hiding the race... openers are way to big of a factor in this game that it would make random players have to much of an advantage.

Except not really, because if you know someone is chaos, you can swordwrath mass. Random would actually make scouting even more useful, and would provide a useful counter to an anti-chaos opener (or vise-versa, but I currently know of no such chaos opener that is "too powerful" for Order).

With more races though, random would also have the setback as to playing a race you are not ultimately comfortable with. Right now, with only 2 races, it's fair to say I have equal skill in each. However, it's really hard to open with chaos against a good, aggressive yet controlled order player. This is why I'm prompted to go random sometimes. Maps are random too, and that will also affect this decision. I may be alone on this, but when you start putting down your "play-to-win" chants and actually play straight against chaos you'll see the opener is actually the weakest link in the empire.

I've said too much as it is, but you as a SC2 fan should of all people understand why this is a big deal.

xvdaemonicxv
01-16-2013, 07:37 PM
u forgot 1 thing. U can tell where the ghost is through the fog.

OH SNAP. :P

This would be nice. You can see a lot that could be kept hidden.

Except not really, because if you know someone is chaos, you can swordwrath mass. Random would actually make scouting even more useful, and would provide a useful counter to an anti-chaos opener (or vise-versa, but I currently know of no such chaos opener that is "too powerful" for Order).

With more races though, random would also have the setback as to playing a race you are not ultimately comfortable with. Right now, with only 2 races, it's fair to say I have equal skill in each. However, it's really hard to open with chaos against a good, aggressive yet controlled order player. This is why I'm prompted to go random sometimes. Maps are random too, and that will also affect this decision. I may be alone on this, but when you start putting down your "play-to-win" chants and actually play straight against chaos you'll see the opener is actually the weakest link in the empire.

I've said too much as it is, but you as a SC2 fan should of all people understand why this is a big deal.

And you're right. Since I am giving you such a hard time by doing the perfect choas counter strat. I should undoubetly learn how to use a sword archer opener against a possible choas/order opponent.