PDA

View Full Version : Seriously need a way to stop giant spammers

KrayZStick
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
I've lost a lot to giant spammers, mostly because of a bad start, and there is no way to counter that I know off, I know you say spam speartons and swords, but by the time I have 20 or so, they have about 4 giants! Mostly, Making 2 Speartons takes as long as making a giant, & Making 3 Swordmen Takes almost as long to make a giant too!
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-HwlnzfOSCWb0F1EagZAab60DluVfWlGTUuGcYNFMRRdL6qFYcn qX1awObA
I'm really frustrated at this, and I was wondering if you could increase the training time of giants, and/or their cost and/or health or damage.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 04:59 PM
Giants take a while in queue no? in fact, it takes a while to get the gold for them.

Here's the trick: you have to stop the first giant. You can do this different ways:

1)Harass the economy.
Speartons are good for tanking damage right? You have the right idea, but don't just let them sit at your base. Run them to his economy! If he doesn't have miner walls/castle archers, he'll be forced to get some, and this will slow his economy greatly.

2)If you notice your opponent hasn't made a lot of troops/stopped coming to center with new soldiers and you're still massing speartons, hold up. This means he's saving for something.... something like a giant. Why not just make a giant for yourself?

3) He has the first giant, but here are some ways to get rid of it without a giant:

Flyers/speartons is a good mix, because he can't throw at the flyers until the speartons are out of the way. If he stats moving, send the flyers back, and the speartons will keep giving damage. You can also distract him with a meric, and use that as a target to keep his giant moving, not attacking. He will be forced to kill it if he wants to take out all these units.

3-5 speartons with a wizzy is a good approach as well. Spearton wall the giants, and poison the giants with the wizzy (don't forget to make the electric wall if he starts coming in close). Do this before he has a chance to get merics/cure, and you'll send him on the retreat.

Remember, this is just to ward him off until you can produce your own giants!

Also, chaos giants are multi targeting, but do not have projectiles! Use the flyers to give some serious damage, and just fall back when he approaches!

The best trick to stop giant massing is mid game. That means don't let it happen. If you both start making 1, it's gonna be a longggg game, and just end up with who has the center the longest.

KrayZStick
01-16-2013, 05:13 PM
Good strategy, but here's the problem, usually by the time I have 5 speartons, they have 2 giants, etc. And I'm pretty sure giants can still hit flyers even if there are speartons, and he can just garrison his miners, while he loses about 2 miners, I would lose about 3 speartons. ??

3FFA
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
If he has 2 giants by that point, then you need to work on your early micro and capture that tower. Otherwise, you are just overmining.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 06:37 PM
If he has 2 giants by that point, then you need to work on your early micro and capture that tower. Otherwise, you are just overmining.
Even with over mining, he should still be able to produce more than that.

What I would do crazy is watch a replay and look at what you're doing and what he's doing. If you're not giving him any pressure, he's gonna sit back with a drink in his hand and hot-key 9 all day.

uberman
01-16-2013, 07:15 PM

As Wysdm said.
I had this problem at one stage too; I had the tower, nice little army growing at the tower, then POP! out comes the enemy with 3 giants and my nice little army is not going to stand that. I realized it was cos I was just sitting pretty at the tower - not harassing his eco. enough.

If he has walls and archers, so you take lots pf damage trying to harass, then I think its enough to harass the outer row of gold - its really hard to mass giants from only the inner row of gold, and you can generally use ranged units from OUTSIDE his archer range to either

1. if walls protect outer gold, take them down safely. OR
2. if walls are just out of your range, it means they are between his castle and the outer gold, so your ranged units can safely kill his miners who must come outside the wall to mine his outer gold.

Anyway, thats my thinking - may be worth looking at a replay and see if it would have helped.

RUMMAKER
01-16-2013, 09:48 PM
actually dont make spearton, make ninjas with cloak.

WyzDM
01-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Here's a replay that may help you out. Got some nice micro, but more or less that's all you got to do...

http://tny.cz/174ffc7a

Azxc
01-17-2013, 02:25 AM
Hum.... get a giant instead of make more albowtross at the mid-game
you lose 4 albowtross and that was a huge loss
Albowtross+ONE giant combination is good to counter giant massers

PsychoticCheez
01-17-2013, 03:53 AM
Here's a replay that may help you out. Got some nice micro, but more or less that's all you got to do...

http://tny.cz/174ffc7a

Your archer placement is damn hot. I didn't even know that was possible.

uberman
01-17-2013, 04:10 AM
Your archer placement is damn hot. I didn't even know that was possible.

He's not NUMBER 1 IN THE WORLD for nothing you know :)

In other words, congratulations WysDM, well done on getting the number 1 slot (even if you do or already have lost it again)

xvdaemonicxv
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
He's not NUMBER 1 IN THE WORLD for nothing you know :)

In other words, congratulations WysDM, well done on getting the number 1 slot (even if you do or already have lost it again)

Haha very nicely put. (even if you do or already have lost it again).

Jombloxx
01-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Ha i faced a spammer yest,he had about 4 giants and bunch o spears i had the middle,because i am a man of the harass XD and he attacked me - i had a giant and a speartons + tower spawn yea and then i spawned some ninjas and by the time i poisonrd his giants with em.i still lost 2 giants, but then i built some more and i used magikill to poison his miners = WAHOOO he lost all his miners and i R**** his giants with mixes and i would won if my freakin enemy - the shockwave has not been active - I HATE HIM

xvdaemonicxv
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
So you beat a giant spammer. Just like to make that clear to ANYONE WHO MIGHT COME ACROSS THIS AND READ THIS AND IS A COMPLAINER OF GIANT SPAMMERS. MY GOD.

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Hum.... get a giant instead of make more albowtross at the mid-game
you lose 4 albowtross and that was a huge loss
Albowtross+ONE giant combination is good to counter giant massers

If I had saved my money for a giant like you proposed, I would not have the center or any units at all to overcome any force. I like the flyers because they force the opponent into making flyers themselves, or making a giant under the strained economy. And as you can see, by the time that happened, I was able to get a giant for myself and eliminate his. It's all a matter of preference though, but you get the general idea. If I can lose 4 flyers and still take a giant it's not difficult.

Jombloxx
01-18-2013, 07:25 AM
So you beat a giant spammer. Just like to make that clear to ANYONE WHO MIGHT COME ACROSS THIS AND READ THIS AND IS A COMPLAINER OF GIANT SPAMMERS. MY GOD.

Whats so strange - its a bigger noob even than me after all.Giants r easy.If i had saved the replay i should show ya lol ;D