PDA

View Full Version : A REPLAY AGAINST GIANTS

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Wondering how to beat an organized player mid game? Early giant comes and you have little to no army? Here are some key micro/macro decisions that turned the tide of battle.

This is also what happens when you allow both you and your opponent to make nothing but miners for the starting 3 minutes.

http://tny.cz/61a8e545

Enjoy.

xvdaemonicxv
01-17-2013, 12:41 PM
im still awake lol, i'll watch it later... but we have never played a order vs. order have we? this shud be very interesting. Let's replay it for others to see! :D

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Let's. :)

PsychoticCheez
01-17-2013, 12:59 PM
This could be the thread where people post their wins against giant massing. Here's my copy:

http://pastebin.com/e6xxcUEp

Frankly, I think I played it terribly (e.g. I forgot I had some Speartons holed up) and had he not sent his miners on a suicide mission, he may have won. But it's an alright example of pressuring the economy.

Note how I attacked his walls despite the fact that I was in range of his castle archer. I did this because:

1. Our economies were virtually equal. In fact I think I was slightly better
2. I could (potentially) retreat every injured unit so as to not get any losses
3. He had a minscule army that could've been crushed even by my injured units, thus I would retain control of the tower.

m0ntana
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Please post in the Replay Thread.

xvdaemonicxv
01-17-2013, 01:03 PM
Please post in the Replay Thread.

This will be specific thread for replay against giant massing then since it's such a hot issue.

m0ntana
01-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Still though... you could just say its a giant massing win.
Would it be better if on the thread, I put up all replays, and a special spot for all wins against giant spamming?

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Still though... you could just say its a giant massing win.
Would it be better if on the thread, I put up all replays, and a special spot for all wins against giant spamming?

That might work. But everyone will request replays and categories for all sorts of events.

Bladed Fire
01-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Sorry if I'm off topic, but can the chaos tower do damage when it explodes? And does it poisons units with it's normal attack?

DragonFrost
01-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Idk about it doing damage when it explodes, but I know for sure it doesn't poison.
@bladedfire

KrayZStick
01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
"Replay is from an older version of Stick Empires and is no longer viewable"

WyzDM
01-18-2013, 09:24 AM
"Replay is from an older version of Stick Empires and is no longer viewable"

Updates remove previous replays? I should have expected this.

In any case, the update now limits or hinders the ability to giant spam, so no matter.

-Prepares for thread-lock-

uberman
01-23-2013, 03:10 AM
Oh! Oh! Me! I have one of those!
*wriggles around exitedly*

I'll post a 1.39 version of me beating a giant masser. Poor guy, I was matched against him in a ranking match and beat him - he massed miners, and castle archer 1 to defend, I attacked, I supressed his miners while massing my own, I won.
Then next match, I drew him again, same result - he massed miners, I attacked while massing miners, I think he got up one giant, which died, I won.
Then next match I drew him AGAIN! this time he tried a new plan and went sword and archer, but now (thanks to WysDM's chaos questions thread) I can counter that opening and so I won again.

I saved the replay from at least one of them on my PC at home.

EDIT to add
replay of the third match, 9 minutes long.
I was saving up for ghost 2, but didnt need it in the end. Its not actually as well played as I recall, but hey...
Aww spoiler wont work, cos its over 100k characters.

Paste bin;

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=zMJA7Fzn

_Ai_
01-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Whoa, thats one poor guy... but suits him for massing :P