PDA

View Full Version : Moderator Applications and New Core Team Mod!

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff
01-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Hello Stickpage, I've got a fairly important staff-related announcement to make today that I'm sure quite a few of you will jump at. Before I get to that, I want to announce the addition of Hewitt (http://forums.stickpage.com/member.php?160804-Hewitt) to the Core Team Mods. Hewitt has been on our radar for quite some time, as he is practically an ideal member. He's well mannered, mature and possesses a fair and just understanding of the rules. These qualities contributed to the unanimous decision among staff to offer him the position, which he confirmed with me today that he was interested in. Please welcome Hewitt to the team and send him your love.

Now on to the announcement. With the addition of Hewitt as a mod, our Core Team is once again full. However, I've been meaning for a while now to re-work the sectional mods so that certain sections get better attention. I don't have any specific people in mind for the job, so what I'm doing is allowing applications for modship to be sent to me. If you're interested, please read the rest of this thread thoroughly and then follow the instructions.

Applications are now closed. Thanks to those that applied. I will be announcing the decision within the next few days.

The Position

The position you will be applying for depends on what section you're most interested in. If it doesn't matter, please pick an arbitrary section but state that you'd be happy anywhere so I know I can shift you around if needed. All of the positions are classified under the term Sectional Mod. Pretty straightforward, it just means you're the mod of a specific section.

Before applying, please make sure you understand what it is you'll be doing. The position is not a vanity item. You are expected to fulfill your duties as a moderator, I am not interested in people who want the spot just so they can act like they're better than common folk. Make sure you are WILLING and ABLE to perform, we really need active members who have a good head on their shoulders. Too often do we get people to moderate and they're active for maybe a week before they vanish.

As a Sectional Mod, your duties will be as follows:

Sectional Mods are the first line of defense for their section
Enforce global forum rules and rules for their section if applicable
Keep sections clean, make sure the topics are relevant
Maintain a friendly and positive attitude; be approachable
Use best judgement when enforcing rules; consult peers if necessary
Review reports for their section and handle accordingly; escalate to a global mod if necessary

Sectional mods are to very rarely step outside their section when moderating. The reason we have sectional mods is not only so that those sections get more attention, but also to keep things tidy on the moderation side of things. Moderators ARE people, and there isn't an absolute guide to handling every issue you may encounter, so opinions about punishment or infractions may vary from mod to mod. Sectional mods are invited to handle their section the way they see fit. Core Team Mods should not be encroaching on your territory very often and without good reason, so you are able to remain consistent so users of your section will know what to expect. You may also add or remove rules within reason, and with approval from Stone or myself. Your section becomes something you can be creative with.

On this forum the mods have a hierarchy. Sectional Mods are there to handle their specific section, places where Global Mods may not get to as often. Sectional Mods should be the first to infract, clean or otherwise handle a situation. If it's beyond their scope or abilities, they have Core Team Mods to back them up and take matters from them. For example, User A and User B get into a fight, User A starts following User B from thread to thread harassing them. One of these incidents occurs in your section. As a mod, you should infract User A for flaming, clean up the comments if necessary and then alert a Core Team Mod to the incident and point out the other threads outside of their section where the flaming occurred so the Core Team Mod can handle it.

In the Bat Cave (the secret moderator sub-forum), there is a thread that outlines in-depth the hierarchy, appropriate times to escalate an issue and how to handle things as a mod. This will be your first thing to read if you are accepted.

The Sections

Some sections you may be working with another member on. You two are expected to get along and work things out together as a team. You may apply together if you feel. You are also expected to work with the Core Team Mods, as they might have ideas they wish to contribute. Within reason, YOU will be running your section and Core Team Mods are aware they cannot make changes and such without your consent. Ultimately however, you may be overruled. Currently I have divided the sections as such:

The Creative Consultant

Positions Available: 2

Sections Covered:

Introduction Section
General Help
Resources

Specific Responsibilities:

Greet new members, maybe have a copy & paste message that explains some useful things and gives important links (note: I may install a mod that will do this automatically so you don't have to, you would write the greeting message)
Make sure new users are aware of where and what the rules are without being pushy
Create, update or maintain a template or guidelines for proper introductions
Assist users to the best of your ability if you can in the help section, point users in the right direction
Maintain and/or organize general helpful information about the site (it's sort of a mess right now)
Make sure resources are appropriate and actually work
Maintain official threads, you're allowed

Mr. (or Mrs.) How-To

Positions Available: 1 or 2

Sections Covered:

All Tutorials

You're allowed to work with me and/or Stone to set up the tutorials section how you would like forum wise, right now there are a ton of sub-forums for it and I'd like to see it get more organised
Contribute and maintain tutorials, ensure links and images are still valid
Ensure tutorial quality; maybe maintain a template of sorts
Handle official tutorial submissions for inclusion in the official section (or if we rework it, hopefully we'll have a "known quality tutorial" section), move the best tutorials to said section

Artistically Inclined

Positions Available: 2

Sections Covered:

Entire Showoff Section

*Note that one of the core team mods is currently overseeing the writers lounge, you'll need to work with them for that section. This is a special scenario.

Watch these sections like a bloody hawk, make sure the posts are in the right sections and aren't off topic (even though this is a given from the above, these section are notoriously bad for this)
Work with me and/or Stone to organize the section if needed
Make the Animation Attack more lively and friendly. This will be up to you to clean up and organize. I'd ideally like to see weekly or bi-weekly competitions or challenges, someone with a creative mind should take this on. I will give whatever help I can.

The Mediator

Positions Available: 1 or 2

Sections Covered:

All of RHG, Clans and Battles

Work with Stone or myself for improvements to RHG system, if any
Inspect RHG characters, make sure they are following the rules
Help people host their battles, mediate when issues arise
Keep people from spamming in clan threads
Make sure no RHG characters or clans have music or any heavy, slow-loading content
Possibly work with me to create a "list of RHGs" thread with an interactive flash display

This section is special, as it's the brainchild of Stone. WeiEn did a good job coming up with creative and fun additions and changes to the system, that is the kind of person we're looking for with this section.

Jack of All Trades

Positions Available: 1

Sections Covered:

All of the Off Topic sections

You're free to maintain each section as you see fit. Keeping stickied threads for the games section is a good idea for gamer tags and the like. Be creative, make people want to visit

Remember that the specific responsibilities are in addition to what is expected of a mod. As a mod I encourage discussion and challenging of the rules as long as you are respectable. If you're going to act like a dick, you aren't welcome on the team.

How To Apply

So if you've read all of the above and are still interested, GREAT! To apply, please use the template below and send me a PM with all the information filled out. I will be accepting applications until Saturday, January 19th at 12:00 PM EST. If you want to apply for more than one section, you can so long as you're up for the challenge. Just make sure to note which sections you want. If you want to apply for two but don't want to moderate both, make sure to note that you want one OR the other.

Subject: Moderator Application

Section(s) Requested:
Hours Available:
How Active I Am Currently:
Timezone:
Why I Should Be Considered (Including previous experiences if any):

Additional Notes:

For the sections, please use the names I have issued in bold above to identify which one(s) specifically you're after. Make sure you fill it out in detail, I will discard entries that do not put in enough effort. If you do not have additional notes, feel free to exclude that part of the PM. If you are applying with a friend for a section, make sure you use the additional notes section to tell me so I can consider you both as a team.

Those who are accepted will be notified VIA PM when we make the decisions. Once you are accepted, if you leave on amicable terms you will be given a special "ex-mod" color for your name and possible continued access to the Bat Cave.

Again, please only apply if you're serious and passionate about it. I do not want to have to do this again in the near future. Thanks for reading and good luck to all who apply!

Ghombeat
01-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Congratulations to Hewitt, and good luck to everyone who wants to enter in the moderation team.

Mental
01-17-2013, 12:47 PM
good job hewitt, and good luck to everyone who wants to!

m0ntana
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Congratioulations Hewwit! I've been waiting for a mod opening for a while now. Good luck to everyone!

poppetje3D
01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Hi Hewwit! Congratulations. Sadly I barely have time.

balistiik
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
congrants to hewitt, may you serve well~
I honestly don't see anything that really interests me at the time..although mediator does sound cool, I'll take a look at it and how my schedule is

flamr
01-17-2013, 01:21 PM
Congratulations Hewitt, I am sure you will be a great mod.

Xero
01-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Congrats Hewitt.
I applied.

Zed
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Subject: Moderator Application

Section(s) Requested:
Hours Available:
How Active I Am Currently:
Timezone:
Why I Should Be Considered (Including previous experiences if any):

Additional Notes:

You can do that with BBCode? And just when I thought I knew everything...

Good luck with your applications everyone. Looking forward to working with you, whoever you are.

NrgFA
01-17-2013, 02:09 PM
Congrats,Hewitt. I would fill out the form,but sadly,I do not contain reasons to be a moderator. *Gives puppy face*
Good Luck,Hewitt :)

Mikematic
01-17-2013, 02:24 PM
Congrats Hewitt.
I applied.
Saw that coming

Also saw Hewitt as a mod coming from a mile away.

I would apply but being as young as I am, that already gives me a disadvantage... So uh yeah congrats Hewitt.

3FFA
01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
I would apply for all though I am a new member in the forum I have a lot of experience with different things related to forums and moderating, However, none of the sections look very appealing to me. Good luck to anyone who applies!

Apex-Predator
01-17-2013, 03:00 PM
congrats Hewitt! Good luck aspiring moderators

Xero
01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I'm curious, is there any post date where the applications end yet?

Jeff
01-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Not yet, I'm thinking in a few days though.

m0ntana
01-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Not yet, I'm thinking in a few days though.

Is that also when you announce the moderators?

Index
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
ex-mod group? thank you based jeff. #epenis
now i have to make my colour scheme match this

grats hewie

Jeff
01-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Is that also when you announce the moderators?

Probably not, I want to allow a few days for everyone to see this thread and have a chance to apply. Making decisions is going to be hard because there are already 18 applications.

ex-mod group? thank you based jeff. #epenis
now i have to make my colour scheme match this

grats hewie

B)

Mikematic
01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Well I actually scraped up the courage to actually apply. I hope I make a good candidate. :)

Index
01-17-2013, 04:10 PM
i support mikematic 2013.

Xero
01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
He'll be masturbating publicly in a day.

Shadowkirby
01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I applied. Just hope I make the cut.

The_Stick
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Applied. Hoping I make it :)

Drone
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
I applied
And congrats hewitt
C:

techmaru
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I applied and added to much stuff. I don't think I will make it threw the smallest of privilege. ;n;
Congrats Hewitt, or should I say Hewitt. :P

Grim
01-17-2013, 05:29 PM
Congrats Hewitt. You always struck me as mod material. Good luck to everyone else applying!

techmaru
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
Too lazy to quote everyone but, thanks for the grats and stuff.

Also good luck to the new applicants!

Thanks, I will seriously need it.

m0ntana
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM

Good luck on being Core moderator! And, thank you for wishing us luck :)

The_Stick
01-17-2013, 06:04 PM

Thanks! I'll need it to hell!

AlphaMan
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Congratulation Hewitt! Hope you have good time as a mod and don't have any difficult time doing things.

GMR
01-17-2013, 06:06 PM
GL everyone that's applying! :o (Not me. :))

Scarecrow
01-17-2013, 08:41 PM
special "ex-mod" color

hello i seem to have been forgotten in this regard

Jeff
01-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Only applies to post-merge mods. :(

Scarecrow
01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Only applies to post-merge mods. :(

why

how is that even slightly fair

Index
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
geezers had their day, now it's off to the nursing homes to be forgotten forever

Mikematic
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
i support mikematic 2013.
Awesome I have my own supporter!
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/017/b/9/mikematic_2013_badge_by_mikematicda-d5ru1yb.png

He'll be masturbating publicly in a day.
And a public enemy! Yesssshhhh!

CaM
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Beep boopboopbobobo pow applied

Never actually thought I have a legitimate reason to PM Jeff. The world changes every day.

Host@All: CaM being a random ass
You@All: He's not being an ass, he's just being CaM.
Whatever you say, kid

[EDIT] Lol I was under the impression Hewitt was a mod a while ago lol. I blame the professional demeanor and his good looks

'grats

Pickup
01-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Cool Hewwit! you really did a great job~

MadMirrors
01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Subject:Rhg battles
Section(s) Requested:Battle thread
Hours Available:4:00-8:00
How Active I Am Currently:nearly daily
Timezone:Central Time zone
Why I Should Be Considered (Including previous experiences if any): I can't really say But I'd like to tryout and maybe fix some things,I understand If I don't get the job,But I'd like to try out.

Index
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
i'm officially changing my ballot to vote for mirrors because of dat signature

Xero
01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8s9ptDqkS1qeup67o1_500.gif

In all seriousness, those who are applying should really look at this, and reread over and over till it sticks.

Before applying, please make sure you understand what it is you'll be doing. The position is not a vanity item. You are expected to fulfill your duties as a moderator, I am not interested in people who want the spot just so they can act like they're better than common folk. Make sure you are WILLING and ABLE to perform, we really need active members who have a good head on their shoulders. Too often do we get people to moderate and they're active for maybe a week before they vanish.

If you're gonna apply, ensure you're willing to put in the work effort for it.
Don't apply for mod just to be a mod for it's fringe benefits.

Scarecrow
01-17-2013, 11:01 PM
geezers had their day, now it's off to the nursing homes to be forgotten forever

fuck that

Grim
01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
lol Xero "Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?" "Kawaiiiiiii!" love that scene. Anyway, applied. Wish me luck.

Julermud
01-17-2013, 11:31 PM
"Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?" "Kawaiiiiiii!" lol love that scene. Anyway, applied. Wish me luck.

Me too! Good luck brother! :)

Leokill
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Congratulations Hewitt! I'v been thinking that you'd be a great mod for a long time now.

flamr
01-17-2013, 11:54 PM
I believe I forgot to say this in my last post, so I will say it now...
Good luck to those who applied.

[K2]
01-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Wellbit looks like half of ignition is here i applied aswell gl everybody :)

Gumball
01-18-2013, 01:39 AM
I am making an application, but I sent Stone one a while ago, sadly he said no spots were opened, but he also said he would concider me for any open spot :)

Leokill
01-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Really? I was actually surprised when the PM came hahah. Thanks.
YaRly. I don't think I'v ever seen you shitpost. You're gonna do great mayng.

KyZ
01-18-2013, 04:07 AM
Hewwit is now a mod? I thought he was already... He has that... feel.

_Ai_
01-18-2013, 06:34 AM
Congrats on being the new Mod,Hewitt
You may not know me, cause i linger around the SE forums.....
And good luck to all who applied!

MoH
01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Section Requested: RHG
Hours Available: 3 til 5
How Active I Am Currently:Every day online
Timezone: GMT+1
Why I Should Be Considered (Including previous experiences if any): I am a calm person online who won't overreact and I see sometimes posts that should be mod. I think being a mod will help me with the experience of being on a high staff. I won't abuse my status of being a mod.

Camila
01-18-2013, 08:30 AM
MoH you have to.... PM that to Jeff, not post it here (you read the whole thing right?).

Mikematic
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
i'm officially changing my ballot to vote for mirrors because of dat signature
NO! DON LEAVE MEH!

Apex-Predator
01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
NO! DON LEAVE MEH!

Are you putting in an application Mike?

Mikematic
01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
Are you putting in an application Mike?
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/017/b/9/mikematic_2013_badge_by_mikematicda-d5ru1yb.png
Yup, at first I thought people would just make fun of me got even trying, but then I thought back to my actual qualifications, and by the looks of it, i'm actually very qualified.
But I just hope Jeff considers me if nothing else.

Apex-Predator
01-18-2013, 10:36 AM
Yup, at first I thought people would just make fun of me got even trying, but then I thought back to my actual qualifications, and by the looks of it, i'm actually very qualified.
But I just hope Jeff considers me if nothing else.

I hope so too

Tsang
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
Congratulations, Hewitt! You'll be a great core moderator!

I'll probably send in my application tonight or so.

Jeff
01-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Just so it's clear, Stone and I have final say but all the mods are contributing their opinion in deciding who is best for which positions. There is heavy competition already as I'm pretty sure I've had over 30 applications by now. Those who did not follow the instructions will not be considered, as I don't think someone who can't demonstrate their ability to read and follow clear and basic instructions is qualified for such a position.

Applications will remain open until Saturday, January 19th at 12:00 PM EST. If you're thinking of applying, do it now before you forget.

438i
01-18-2013, 01:21 PM
I seriously thing Juler would make a great mod

Mikematic
01-18-2013, 01:39 PM
make sure to not that you want one OR the other.
Lol, you may wanna fix that.

Julermud
01-18-2013, 02:21 PM
I seriously thing Juler would make a great mod

You make me blush :D

Shensurei
01-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Jeff, Saturday is the 19th. Friday is the 18th.
Might wanna fix dat.

Jeff
01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
oh shit you're right, I was looking mindlessly at the highlighted day on my calendar lol

thanks for pointing that out

Shensurei
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Lol no problems

Scarecrow
01-18-2013, 05:18 PM
i'm still furious my name isn't coloured

-yuno-
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
COngrats Hewitt :) and wow positions are open huh? this is quite rare for me, i might possibly try but first i must re-read this before i start on anything else. but i still don't know if i want to be a mod.

Equinox Fox
01-19-2013, 12:53 AM
Good luck to those who attempt to steel their way upon the team.
Don't slack.

Fordz
01-19-2013, 02:41 AM
Applied. Congrats Hewitt, if you're a mod in the writing section, I may need writing tips :D

AlfaAnims
01-19-2013, 03:29 AM
The Creative Consultant
12PM to 12AM on holidays, 5PM to 10PM on school days (I'm on holidays for a week and a bit)
I am very active right now and alround the year.
UTC/GMT +10 hours (melbourne, Australia)
Because I'm active alot in these areas, I'm friendly to newcomes ^u^, and I am very loyal.

-AlfaAnims

Syrius
01-19-2013, 03:42 AM
The Creative Consultant
12PM to 12AM on holidays, 5PM to 10PM on school days (I'm on holidays for a week and a bit)
I am very active right now and alround the year.
UTC/GMT +10 hours (melbourne, Australia)
Because I'm active alot in these areas, I'm friendly to newcomes ^u^, and I am very loyal.

-AlfaAnims
You have to pm that to jeff .. Also holy fuck you're in Australia and in melbourne too? wooooooah

AlfaAnims
01-19-2013, 04:07 AM
Wow really! Not much animators live in Australia let alone Melbourne, do you live in the city or the suburgian area

BULLETHEAD
01-19-2013, 08:16 AM
Sent it in Jeff. Thanks!

Gecko
01-19-2013, 09:10 AM
Sent it in, hope you've received it. :] Thanks a lot for the chance!

RF.Kira
01-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Sent it in. Goodluck to all of us!

Tsang
01-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Again, I wish good luck to myself and everyone else who had sent in an application!

Hydra
01-19-2013, 11:57 AM
good job Hewwit :D hope you enjoy the new position

flamr
01-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Errm... Was the deadline 5 hours ago or was I doing the conversion wrong. Anyway, since more people have applied, I would like to once again wish good luck to everyone.

Rosie
01-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Errm... Was the deadline 5 hours ago or was I doing the conversion wrong. Anyway, since more people have applied, I would like to once again wish good luck to everyone.

Most likely you're in a different time-zone or any complication has left Jeff unable to inform us yet.

Xero
01-19-2013, 04:55 PM
The timezone was EST (My time)
The deadline ended 7 hours ago.

Rosie
01-19-2013, 04:58 PM
The timezone was EST (My time)
The deadline ended 7 hours ago.

or any complication has left Jeff unable to inform us yet.
The unexpected can always happen, Jeff hides his online icon, so we don't know when he is or isn't online. Well, at least now we all know everyone should've PM's Jeff by now.

Xero
01-19-2013, 04:59 PM
Check the front page.

Alien
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
I would like to become the Rhg section mod.but Jeff thinks I'm an annoying jackass, wait, a lot of people think that.

m0ntana
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Awesome. I can't wait till the mod is revealed.

flamr
01-19-2013, 05:22 PM
I would like to become the Rhg section mod.but Jeff thinks I'm an annoying jackass, wait, a lot of people think that.

The deadline was about 7 hours ago,lol. Sorry you missed the cut.

Grim
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
The deadline was about 7 hours ago,lol. Sorry you missed the cut.

Actually I think he made his application in time but...
Those who did not follow the instructions will not be considered, as I don't think someone who can't demonstrate their ability to read and follow clear and basic instructions is qualified for such a position. Yeah, so there's that. Sorry Alien, you'll get 'em next time. probably

Zed
01-19-2013, 07:59 PM

The deadline has now passed, but I'm pretty sure you got your application in days ago.

Thanks for all the applications, everyone. It might take Jeff and Stone a while to go through them all; we received nearly 40. Please don't be disheartened if you don't get chosen - the competition is very tough and in my view there are more people here who would make great mods than there are mod places going.

Smile
01-20-2013, 12:06 AM
it's always been my dream to be a mod. too bad i missed the application ;-;

you would've sucked and got demodded after like a month if you got in anyway.

Salt
01-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Imagine Quik became a mod, stickpage would never be the same.

Julermud
01-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Just wanna wish every one who applied good luck :)

may the odds ever be in your favour

flamr
01-20-2013, 07:09 AM
you would've sucked and got demodded after like a month if you got in anyway.
I am not quite sure if you are joking or not. You could just be unaware...

BULLETHEAD
01-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Mwahaha waiting for these results >:D yes... hehehe *rubs hands together*

Julermud
01-20-2013, 07:54 AM
Mwahaha waiting for these results >:D yes... hehehe *rubs hands together*

*licks knife*

BULLETHEAD
01-20-2013, 08:22 AM
mmmmhehehehe.....

Apex-Predator
01-20-2013, 08:29 AM
A lot of nerves are kicking in

Apex-Predator
01-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Apex I haven't felt this anxious to know something for a long time.

Well it's good you are anxious just makes the wait worth it!

flamr
01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Jeff, did these moderation changes come with other changes to the actual site as well?

Apex-Predator
01-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Jeff, did these moderation changes come with other changes to the actual site as well?

I don't think it did!

BULLETHEAD
01-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Well it's good you are anxious just makes the wait worth it!

Apex it's worth the wait. But not when you don't get accepted. Lol.

Apex-Predator
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Apex it's worth the wait. But not when you don't get accepted. Lol.

I'm sure they'll have a perfectly good reason to reject someone but it's not the end of the world.... you can still apply for open spots in the future when there's a vacancy.

flamr
01-20-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think it did!

Well, I noticed two things.
1) There is less space between the post and the signature.
2) There is no portal user group but there is a (newly added) debate section user group.

Drone
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, I noticed two things.
1) There is less space between the post and the signature.
2) There is no portal user group but there is a (newly added) debate section user group.

Yeah, avatars can overlap with the signatures now and the debate section is opt in now.
And forreal, this suspense is killing me

Apex-Predator
01-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Yeah, avatars can overlap with the signatures now and the debate section is opt in now.
And forreal, this suspense is killing me

lol relax! Just do something to take your mind off it.

Luzoto
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT PRESS THE INITIATE PHYSICS BUTTON ON THE ORIGINAL POST.

Oh, and I'm hoping a 'few days' is less than a week, but forty applications is a lot of stuff to sift through o_o

Julermud
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
Everyones freaking out lol :D

Calm yo nibs!!! Jeff is doing his job....and it takes time to find qualified people.

Rosie
01-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Everyones freaking out lol :D

Calm yo nibs!!! Jeff is doing his job....and it takes time to find qualified people.

I was beaten to it, now I feel sad.

techmaru
01-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Imagine Quik became a mod, stickpage would never be the same.

I would love Stick Page if he became a mod. xD

Leokill
01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
I would love Stick Page if he became a mod. xD
He'd perma-ban you immediately, so you wouldn't be lovin' it for very long.

Xero
01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Mod's are sworn to not abuse their privileges beyond an extent.
(I know Devours done it on a minor scale a few times, no doubt sacred has, lol)

techmaru
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
He'd perma-ban you immediately, so you wouldn't be lovin' it for very long.
It was a joke.

(I know Devours done it on a minor scale a few times, no doubt sacred has, lol)

Devour has? That is surprising.

Mikematic
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Devour has? That is surprising.
Well im pretty sure he accidentally perma banned X-treme.. So uh.. Yeah.

CaM
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Well shit

I was going to IP ban everyone

Jeff
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Sectional Mods don't have the ability to ban anyone.

Rosie
01-20-2013, 02:33 PM

I wonder how many people were turned down from being a sectional mod when they read this.

techmaru
01-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Well im pretty sure he accidentally perma banned X-treme.. So uh.. Yeah.
Oh, I see that's okay.

Well shit

I was going to IP ban everyone
I laughed extremely hard at this.

I wonder how many people were turned down from being a sectional mod when they read this.

I wasn't turned down at all, if I got a privilege I should be happy I at least got something.

flamr
01-20-2013, 02:41 PM

Aww what?!
That's the only reason I signed up for this.
Lol, just kidding. I kind of expected that there were a few major things you cannot do as a sectional mod. I wasn't really expecting that to be one of the things but come to think of it...
I have never seen Loopy or Kidkei ban someone.

CaM
01-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Banning isn't that fun unless you honestly really hate the person. Banning just any old plebeian makes you feel bad, like you crushed someone's dreams and hopes

Banning someone you actually hate is a vengeful party of unrivaled excellence

3FFA
01-20-2013, 03:46 PM
Banning should be reserved for those that are really deserving of it, for example, an obvious bot. Somewhat surprised that they can't ban but just as each forum on the internet has their own set of rules and regulations so does each forum have their own distribution of power amongst the moderators and admins in charge. While they can't ban, I do believe that they can give infractions to users. Overall, sectional seems to be for keeping a certain section clean and nice looking. To moderate the amount of useless posts and to keep users posting in accordance to the rules. Every member seems to be welcomed here and only banned as a sort of 'last resort'. Just my thoughts, I may be completely off in my interpretation of sectional mods, especially since I am a relativelly new user.

Xero
01-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Banning should be reserved for those that are really deserving of it, for example, an obvious bot. Somewhat surprised that they can't ban but just as each forum on the internet has their own set of rules and regulations so does each forum have their own distribution of power amongst the moderators and admins in charge. While they can't ban, I do believe that they can give infractions to users. Overall, sectional seems to be for keeping a certain section clean and nice looking. To moderate the amount of useless posts and to keep users posting in accordance to the rules. Every member seems to be welcomed here and only banned as a sort of 'last resort'. Just my thoughts, I may be completely off in my interpretation of sectional mods, especially since I am a relativelly new user.

I'm sure it's in the moderator handbook.

Half of SP's banned users were banned for excessive amounts of infractions that cross the cut off point, Which I believe ranges somewhere from 10 to 20 points.
Let's leave that scenario to the actual mods though.

Rosie
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM

Half of SP's banned users were banned for excessive amounts of infractions that cross the cut off point, Which I believe ranges somewhere from 10 to 20 points.

I was expecting you to say that CaM does whatever the fuck he wants so badly.
And yeah, I'm sure Jeff has a reference to infractions and bans noted/written in the batcave or will most likely instruct new moderators about such.

3FFA
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM

I'm gonna guess from what I've seen that it is 10 = 1 week ban and 20 = perm ban.

CaM
01-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Banning should never be fun to begin with. It is a regrettable action you take that bears no emotional bias. As mentioned, you are "crushing their hopes and dreams" as it were.
Don't misinterpret me, I was only joking; I fully understand the levity of banning.

But there is a certain level of emotional bias that occurs when it comes to that, though, so I have to disagree. Like immediately banning a user for blatant disrespect of an administrator (especially if you are said administrator) is an emotional response, and a completely logical one too.

Though disrespecting forum users period is against the rules. But then again, if it was some run-of-the-mill-user, it would only be an infraction for flaming or something.

techmaru
01-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Don't misinterpret me, I was only joking; I fully understand the levity of banning.

But there is a certain level of emotional bias that occurs when it comes to that, though, so I have to disagree. Like immediately banning a user for blatant disrespect of an administrator (especially if you are said administrator) is an emotional response, and a completely logical one too.

Though disrespecting forum users period is against the rules. But then again, if it was some run-of-the-mill-user, it would only be an infraction for flaming or something.

I agree Cam, it only makes since.

Wouldn't you rather ban your enemy then a stranger, but that isn't the proper way to punish someone.

Julermud
01-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh yeah I agree with you on that. I acknowledge the euphoria you get from unloading on a user who has been annoying and by all means deserves to be banned, but I also wished to point out that that feeling is never 'fun' in the longrun. It's like a mild high you get from snorting something.

Yeah ! I also agree. Walking around with the feeling of constantly wanting to ban someone is not fun either....
But it is not so hard to just go on irc and find stone or jeff for ex.
Sometimes, that would be even better, than being curios of what will happend (dunno if u get it)

Index
01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Banning should never be fun to begin with. It is a regrettable action you take that bears no emotional bias. As mentioned, you are "crushing their hopes and dreams" as it were.
has the status gone to your head already
you sound like a fukken robot

Drone
01-21-2013, 05:28 AM
What the actual fuck is up with jeffs multicolored posts....
Show off :c

BULLETHEAD
01-21-2013, 05:40 AM
I woke up a couple hours to see the results. Nothing lol. ;_;

edit: That's ok I love Jeff. Now give me cats!

Camila
01-21-2013, 06:01 AM
Now I lol everytime I see a Jeff's post.

I didn't applied to have an status or to be able to ban people, I did it because that way it'll be easier to help some newcomers in the help section, move some threads to their respective sections if necessary and moderate some posts without getting a "backseat moderating" infraction.

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 06:22 AM

I didn't applied to have an status or to be able to ban people, I did it because that way it'll be easier to help some newcomers in the help section, move some threads to their respective sections if necessary and moderate some posts without getting a "backseat moderating" infraction.

Now that's a valid and good enough reason for me :)

Shadowkirby
01-21-2013, 09:33 AM

I want to do the same thing like what Camila said.

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
I want to do the same thing like what Camila said.

Jeffery whats up with your thread design layout, it's changing like every few hours.

BULLETHEAD
01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Jeffery whats up with your thread design layout, it's changing like every few hours.

I'm wondering the same thing.

Xero
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with this, but there's more to it than just bearing a "get out of infractions free" card.
Jeff wants the sections more lively, you gotta contribute into it in more ways than you're expected.

Change around the rules to suit to the benefit of the users, set up events, go to higher opped mods to work out solutions and maybe plugins that'll keep your section fresh for everyone.

That there is a big part of what's asked of you.

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this, but there's more to it than just bearing a "get out of infractions free" card.
Jeff wants the sections more lively, you gotta contribute into it in more ways than you're expected.

Change around the rules to suit to the benefit of the users, set up events, go to higher opped mods to work out solutions and maybe plugins that'll keep your section fresh for everyone.

That there is a big part of what's asked of you.

Cats everywhere :O. My cat saw those cats and just sat there looking at the screen until I changed the page.

Jeff
01-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Mods don't have a 'get out of infractions free' card. They usually don't get them because they know the rules more than anyone, but I've infracted a mod before for slipping up. If you demonstrate after being modded that you aren't capable of following the rules as they are, you will just be removed and that's it.

Shensurei
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Seems fair. Only seems right that you should have to abide by the same rules that you enforce.

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Was your Signature a dare Jeff?
Oh yay I have a Cat on my post

CaM
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Jeff I don't know what you're doing, but whatever it is don't stop now

Index
01-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Mods don't have a 'get out of infractions free' card. They usually don't get them because they know the rules more than anyone, but I've infracted a mod before for slipping up.
that was when I was fuckin around with Douchington wasn't it http://r23.imgfast.net/users/2313/12/65/59/smiles/3984505783.png im so cool

Camila
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I want a cat in my post too, I demand it!!.

And lol xero of course mods can get infractions, I was just pointing out that specific situation.

Xero
01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
I want a cat in my post too, I demand it!!.

And lol xero of course mods can get infractions, I was just pointing out that specific situation.

We all know this, my point was if you become a mod you should not only stabilize your section, but enhance it.

Jeff
01-21-2013, 12:47 PM
cats are randomly assigned to a random amount of posts on a page that I have posted on

Xero
01-21-2013, 12:52 PM
what hath possessed thou to cast such a hex upon us?

Camila
01-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Now I'll stalk your posts :3

balistiik
01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
wait..jeff
whats with the new layout and all...

I'm confusssssssssssssssssssed

Drone
01-21-2013, 04:12 PM
wait what
I dont know whats gotten intop jeff recently
but whatever it is
i hope it stays there

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I just got a notification saying tasty sandwich. I am so Confused and Intrigued as to how that was possible.

Camila
01-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Jeff's out of control 3_3

Putting kittens and huge texts on random places, coloring posts and giving random notifications. This is madness!

Apex-Predator
01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
oh! I see...*strokes beard*

techmaru
01-21-2013, 05:53 PM
It's a test. OR IS IT?!

He's luring the applicants with the potential to abuse power so he can weed out the weak ones.

Thought so, the most I did was accidentally put a meme.

Jeff
01-21-2013, 06:07 PM
those complaining about my actions will not be considered

those who can take a joke shall join me on my party boat

Shadowkirby
01-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Lol, Idk how you do it, but I know it's one of those Jeff moments. From his avatar growing a beard to this beauty.

Jeff, you cat. lol

Scarecrow
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
hey jeff looks like you have plenty of free time give me my coloured name you fagboat

Jeff
01-21-2013, 07:46 PM
I checked with the council and they told me to tell you to shove it sry

Scarecrow
01-21-2013, 07:47 PM
tell your council they are all dickweeds

Jeff
01-21-2013, 07:48 PM
noted

Scarecrow
01-21-2013, 07:53 PM
jeff i am allergic to cats get it off me

Shadowkirby
01-21-2013, 08:13 PM
jeff i am allergic to cats get it off me

Embrace the cats, Scarecrow. Embrace it!!!

Mreow~

Xero
01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Will there be ice cream and cake on this..."party boat"?

CaM
01-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Will there be ice cream and cake on this..."party boat"?
There will be an abundance of Cage

Xero
01-21-2013, 08:29 PM
That sounds more reasonably accurate.

Mikematic
01-21-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm actually getting pretty scared here...

Shadowkirby
01-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Embrace the whiskers, Mikematic!!!

EMBRACE IT!!!!

:D

flamr
01-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Wait, why did nobody tell me about the party? Let's go, wooooo.
*arrives at the party boat to find the party is already over*
:'(

Draves
01-22-2013, 05:24 AM
hot discussions going on here, i see

Julermud
01-22-2013, 07:09 AM
this specific thread.......has forced jeff to mutate :o

Kneel for the mighty Jeff, as he shares his wisdom and thoughts!!

Xero
01-22-2013, 07:28 AM
Or we can sit and wait in absolute silence while Jeff slowly and silently pulls his hair out in agonistic regret as he browses through applications for the RHG section mod.
c:

Ghombeat
01-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Yeah, it will be surely fun waiting. (=

Julermud
01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Or we can sit and wait in absolute silence while Jeff slowly and silently pulls his hair out in agonistic regret as he browses through applications for the RHG section mod.
c:

That's sounds fair enough too ;I

Gecko
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Interesting method, Jeff.

Imada
01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
I do agree
Take out the weak ones...
They might wait until theyre mods to go crazy

Teslar
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
I do agree
Take out the weak ones...
They might wait until theyre mods to go crazy
What exactly is your definition of weak? :|

The_Stick
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
What exactly is your definition of weak? :|
Easily lured into ripping their hair out and complaining about odd things going on at the forums and going to BAN at first sight of weirdness, I think.Anyhow, I think it's a good idea to imbrace the new changes, as they make the forum a LOT better... and way fuzzier :P

AlfaAnims
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
i will never go crazy because im always hyper and weird so noone can ever tell the difference between my crazy and hyper ^u^ CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

CaM
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
What are you guys even talking about

Camila
01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
What are you guys even talking about

I don't even know anymore ._.

Shadowkirby
01-22-2013, 09:13 PM
Me neither. Can we all get back on subject, please!?

flamr
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Did Jeff say he was going to announce it today or yesterday. I can't remember when he said he was going to do it the next day after helping Stone with a project... somewhere...

Grim
01-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Did Jeff say he was going to announce it today or yesterday. I can't remember when he said he was going to do it the next day after helping Stone with a project... somewhere...

Or you could just be patient. Regardless of when Jeff said he was gonna announce it, it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been announced yet. Whether it's today or a week from now will knowing exactly when change the results or increase your chances? Probably not. I know you're anxious and excited. We all are. But just calm down a bit okay? :o Makes you look desperate and impatient when you ask stuff like that, which I'm sure aren't qualities they're looking for.

RF.Kira
01-23-2013, 12:06 AM
I applied to be a moderator on the RHG sections because I wanted to help Omega on managing RHG's and stuff. I wanted to help anyone out there on making their RHG on the right format and on the right legit way. Plus, to help on managing RHG clan's and RHG battle stuffs.

Draves
01-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Me neither. Can we all get back on subject, please!?

May I know then what the subject is?
Shouldn't it be patiently waiting for the announcement of the mods?

And not commenting and debating on this thread as much as possible to show off "how much is being cared and how smart one is" to increase the chances of being picked, which is at least the impression I get.

I feel like I'll get a lot of flame for this Lol
but whatever

#Freedom

AlphaMan
01-23-2013, 06:00 AM
I wonder how long it will take for Jeff to finally decides who's should be the mods.

Xero
01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
As long as it takes.
Impatience is unbecoming for applicants.

Julermud
01-23-2013, 07:06 AM
May I know then what the subject is?
Shouldn't it be patiently waiting for the announcement of the mods?

And not commenting and debating on this thread as much as possible to show off "how much is being cared and how smart one is" to increase the chances of being picked, which is at least the impression I get.

I feel like I'll get a lot of flame for this Lol
but whatever

#Freedom

Totally agree, most people in this thread, are here to promote lol

go to the chat thread, instead of starting a topic, that has nothing to do with this thread

Apex-Predator
01-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Stop bugging him and let him take his time. If you're going to be chosen you will be and right now those showing signs of impatience might get weeded out..

The_Stick
01-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I know this has been said but impatience is bad for a mod if you think about it. Being impatient, if you give someone a PM or response on a post telling them to stop and they don't, you INSTA-BAN instead of give them an infraction, before even thinking. Sometimes this is good for hackers and hacked accounts and virus-spreaders, but most other things this is not the best solution.

flamr
01-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Or you could just be patient. Regardless of when Jeff said he was gonna announce it, it doesn't change the fact that it hasn't been announced yet. Whether it's today or a week from now will knowing exactly when change the results or increase your chances? Probably not. I know you're anxious and excited. We all are. But just calm down a bit okay? :o Makes you look desperate and impatient when you ask stuff like that, which I'm sure aren't qualities they're looking for.
Wait, I didn't say I couldn't wait. I also didn't say when are the results coming out without any prior knowledge. I simply asked for the date when Jeff said what he said. I don't see why asking for the restating or re-linking of information makes me sound desperate. But if it does, please tell me how and also how I can rearrange the sentence to make my purpose more clear.
Btw, I would like to truly express that no saracasm is intended in what I said. I mean no offense to you Grim You're awesome

BULLETHEAD
01-23-2013, 12:25 PM
I'm sure they'll have a perfectly good reason to reject someone but it's not the end of the world.... you can still apply for open spots in the future when there's a vacancy.

Yes I agree. I have patience though. Jeff's decision will be wise.

Apex-Predator
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Wait, I didn't say I couldn't wait. I also didn't say when are the results coming out without any prior knowledge. I simply asked for the date when Jeff said what he said. I don't see why asking for the restating or re-linking of information makes me sound desperate. But if it does, please tell me how and also how I can rearrange the sentence to make my purpose more clear.
Btw, I would like to truly express that no saracasm is intended in what I said. I mean no offense to you Grim You're awesome

They want it to be spontaneous not expected at least that's what i think so just go with it. And when you're chosen just be like OMGOMGOMGOMG and if you are rejected just be like oh at least I tried.

Rosie
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
There's something I think a few of the people here haven't really come to terms with yet:
Being a moderator isn't some sort of forum level up, the only thing you'll get in return is expectations, you'll be expected to know the rules very well and when they're being broken, you'll be expected to moderate the section(s) you're assigned to, meaning for the most part, that section counts on you to make it look good, you'll need to be able to cope with simple rule-breakings (example, a wrong RHG format) and be fair with a simple punishment, be able to cope with many beginners all asking the same questions, and of course, be expected to guide all of them, you'll possibly be watched by other moderators to ensure you're doing your job correctly.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just a few people I've noticed sign up didn't seem to see this very clearly.
And good luck to anyone with hopes of being a section moderator. :)

Index
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
being a mod is worth it just for the huge PM box

Tsang
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
There's something I think a few of the people here haven't really come to terms with yet:
Being a moderator isn't some sort of forum level up, the only thing you'll get in return is expectations, you'll be expected to know the rules very well and when they're being broken, you'll be expected to moderate the section(s) you're assigned to, meaning for the most part, that section counts on you to make it look good, you'll need to be able to cope with simple rule-breakings (example, a wrong RHG format) and be fair with a simple punishment, be able to cope with many beginners all asking the same questions, and of course, be expected to guide all of them, you'll possibly be watched by other moderators to ensure you're doing your job correctly.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, just a few people I've noticed sign up didn't seem to see this very clearly.

Yeah, pretty much this. I'll be glad to see the section moderators chosen are excited and interested in helping and/or improving the sections of the forum assigned to them and that section's specialties.

Once again, good luck to everyone wishing to become a sectional moderator.

The_Stick
01-23-2013, 03:51 PM
I just want to help out :) Luckily I already knew the "all you get is expectations"!

Apex-Predator
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM

Baby gurl that is some long paragraph anyways, you are right. Mods are expected to uphold and enforce the rules, also improve their section. And not everyone that applied has made theirself known.

Jeff
01-23-2013, 04:20 PM
It's gonna be a little while longer guys but I will have an announcement soon.

Xero
01-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey jeff, have you considered closing this thread until announcements?
Its pretty much served its purpose; or are you leaving it open for "discussion"?
I'm just curious, because I don't see another reason for this to keep receiving posts after applications have already closed.

Shensurei
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
I think he wants to lol at us some more before he makes his final decision, Xero.
I knows I would if I was heem

CaM
01-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey jeff, have you considered closing this thread until announcements?
Its pretty much served its purpose; or are you leaving it open for "discussion"?
I'm just curious, because I don't see another reason for this to keep receiving posts after applications have already closed.
So I see your decision to become a moderator turned you into a law-abiding sentient robot

Can't you see everyone's just so anxious to flex their extended, moderator-powered internet-genetalia?

Shadowkirby
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
So I see your decision to become a moderator turned you into a law-abiding sentient robot

Can't you see everyone's just so anxious to flex their extended, moderator-powered internet-genetalia?

Xero's already a robot. There's no saving him now. He's too far gone....

The_Stick
01-23-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm collecting all the cats and making a collage out of them :)

Xero
01-23-2013, 07:31 PM
Beep boop son
http://archive.4chon.net/r9k/833275/src_1339335247814.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/vidyavidya/images/8/81/No_fun.jpg
Beep boop.

In all seriousness, I'm making a general comparison to between other threads.
Usually I see "nothing more needs to be said, #instalock" by core moderators after a thread serves its initial purpose which comes off differently in this situation as opposed to "normally this would be off the announcements by now, abit abnormal, maybe the mods want to keep it open for some reason out of my understanding "
so I ask jeff if he's even considering such.
Thats it basically.

also: I'll give a cookie to whoever can get the reference :)

CaM
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
also: I'll give a cookie to whoever can get the reference :)
Reference as in the enormous Sonic the Hedgehog comic panel above your post, or something else in there

[EDIT] And hashtags have no place here plebeian

flamr
01-23-2013, 11:42 PM
They want it to be spontaneous not expected at least that's what i think so just go with it. And when you're chosen just be like OMGOMGOMGOMG and if you are rejected just be like oh at least I tried.
Well, actually I wanted to know so that I would know when to get on Stone's Livestream, but if nobodys gonna tell me...
I will just have to keep checking it. I understand what you are saying Apex93, all I was saying above is Grim was asuming I couldn't wait. Oh well.

Grim
01-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Well, actually I wanted to know so that I would know when to get on Stone's Livestream, but if nobodys gonna tell me...
I will just have to keep checking it. I understand what you are saying Apex93, all I was saying above is Grim was asuming I couldn't wait. Oh well.

Sorry for the late response, I just checked the thread again today. To start off, guess I'll apologize. I didn't know you had preexisting knowledge of when Jeff was going to announce it since all I ever saw was "soon" as far as a time estimates go. I just thought you were trying to get a specific date out of him or someone else, by pretending like you already knew but just forgot. I'ts happened before, that's all.

Xero
01-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Reference as in the enormous Sonic the Hedgehog comic panel above your post
ಠ_ಠ
no...

flamr
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Sorry for the late response, I just checked the thread again today. To start off, guess I'll apologize. I didn't know you had preexisting knowledge of when Jeff was going to announce it since all I ever saw was "soon" as far as a time estimates go. I just thought you were trying to get a specific date out of him or someone else, by pretending like you already knew but just forgot. I'ts happened before, that's all.
It's ok. I'm not quite into hating :)

Imada
01-24-2013, 11:11 AM
Yes you are

People do start to umm, suck up to people when they are mods so the dont get infractions

You do realize that, Jeff

flamr
01-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Yes you are

People do start to umm, suck up to people when they are mods so the dont get infractions

You do realize that, Jeff

If people suck up to the mods then they won't get infractons. I don't see why this is a bad thing because I am pretty sure they will always follow the rules so that the mod will like them. You can't really suck up to authority figures if you don't follow the rules they enforce.
Oh and about the first part of your message "You're a ****-stirrer and you know it" (Inside joke)

Imada
01-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Of course I am

At least I talk Mr. Quiet, and why do you have to quote from dat fat kid?
(Inside matter)

And you are right

flamr
01-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Of course I am

At least I talk Mr. Quiet, and why do you have to quote from dat fat kid?
(Inside matter)

And you are right
... I quoted from you o.e
Anyway, I was joking. All I was saying is that there is no need to start a fight when I wasn't talking to or about you. I have no intention of continuing.

Imada
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Just trying to start a conversation, anyway back on topic
Where is Omega, does he monitor the RHG Section

Apex-Predator
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Just trying to start a conversation, anyway back on topic
Where is Omega, does he monitor the RHG Section

I am sure he does, if he doesn't he would have been demoted.

Xero
01-24-2013, 01:35 PM
http://forums.stickpage.com/showgroups.php
Helps to know who's in charge.

Drone
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Yeah, omega has been inactive for ages
No way was he still going to be a mod

Camila
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
http://forums.stickpage.com/showgroups.php
Helps to know who's in charge.

and at the end it says:

JeffSWAG

Jeff

Mental
01-24-2013, 01:59 PM
and at the end it says:

JeffSWAG

Jeff

lol i actually laughed at that

AlfaAnims
01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
looks like I am not gonna be a mod, I didn't except to be a mod, I just tried to see if I could get it.
"Dear AlfaAnims,

You have received an infraction at Stickpage Forum.

Reason: Flaming
-------
Don't do it, bro.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
"-Hewitt

techmaru
01-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Ohh, I am dieing. I can't wait to see who will become mod. :D

jdogg
01-24-2013, 07:06 PM
looks like I am not gonna be a mod, I didn't except to be a mod, I just tried to see if I could get it.
"Dear AlfaAnims,

You have received an infraction at Stickpage Forum.

Reason: Flaming
-------
Don't do it, bro.
-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
"-Hewitt

This doesn't mean you can't be a mod. An infraction is just a warning, don't get to down on yourself, just try not to do it again.

AlfaAnims
01-24-2013, 07:15 PM
jdogg's right. I think we've all been infracted at least once. It's not the only criteria, but so much more.
Hewitt it is like fluidanism all over again, I had 1 or 2 little mistakes and got some warning then i got permantly banned twice, with this record i probably won't get in, and if i am knowed for flaming how can I introduce the newbies? I am supposed to be friendly :(

CaM
01-24-2013, 07:59 PM
jdogg's right. I think we've all been infracted at least once. It's not the only criteria, but so much more.
Oh wowie, I've never been infracted.

My electronic genitals just got a little bigger

Xero
01-24-2013, 08:04 PM
You barely post outside of IS tho.

techmaru
01-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Okay first, don't beat yourself up over the past. That's the past. Second, your flaming record has nothing to do with your overall personality. You flamed because you got into the heat of the moment (c what i did thar). But now that you know what's right and wrong, you can be a better person.

Yea, besides we are kool with each other now.

Camila
01-24-2013, 09:43 PM
Okay first, don't beat yourself up over the past. That's the past. Second, your flaming record has nothing to do with your overall personality. You flamed because you got into the heat of the moment (c what i did thar). But now that you know what's right and wrong, you can be a better person.

This is why I luf Hewitt <3

You barely post outside of IS tho.

ohohohoho burrnnnnn!

AlfaAnims
01-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Yea, besides we are kool with each other now.
Lol not really I can hold internet grudges for a long time, in real life I try to hold it forever then after two days i fail but internet grudges I can do, sorry -AlfaAnims

Julermud
01-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I once got a "1 word post infraction", i felt so bad :C

flamr
01-24-2013, 11:52 PM
Lol not really I can hold internet grudges for a long time, in real life I try to hold it forever then after two days i fail but internet grudges I can do, sorry -AlfaAnims

Lol, I saw those posts as this
Techmaru: We're friends... right
AlfaAnims: ............No

I had one infraction for bumping. I didn't understand what it was but I figured it out... eventually.

Mikematic
01-25-2013, 05:25 AM
Sheesh infractions are nothing but warnings. They expire then go away. I get them all the time, most the time for the dumbest reasons. And I still think I'm very qualified.

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is that screw up I had on Chat thread. I couldn't even go to sleep cuss I felt so bad.

But yeah I'll go back to riding rides and such no, cuss I'm in Disney!

Scarecrow
01-25-2013, 06:19 AM
this thread has degraded into a combination of
- people trying to make themselves look good
- people trying to make other candidates look bad
- sucking up to jeff
- candidates trying to downplay obscure mistakes and infractions that nobody gives a fuck about anyway
- people being friendly and helpful and positive and great moderator material right??

http://i50.tinypic.com/ehbwyf.jpg

Leokill
01-25-2013, 06:25 AM
- sucking up to jeff
- candidates trying to downplay obscure mistakes and infractions that nobody gives a fuck about anyway
- people being friendly and helpful and positive and great moderator material right??

Lol this is exactly why I haven't posted anything here, other than my congratulations to Hewitt.

Shensurei
01-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Omg scarecrow stahp ur gunna maek dem mads

Xero
01-25-2013, 07:20 AM
- sucking up to jeff

eremgee
Liek
Ur luking @ dis thred 2?!!!?

Julermud
01-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Scarecrow is right, there is much butt-licking happening here.....and im doing it a bit myself...

but not as much as i have seen others do lol.....that shits crazy :O

Im would lie, if i said i wasn't excited about this? everyone would.

One thing people shouldn't ignore is, that Jeff is checking the apps and they need to calm their tits NAOW

Leokill
01-25-2013, 07:52 AM
One thing people shouldn't ignore is, that Jeff is checking the apps and they need to calm their tits NAOW

but not as much as i have seen others do lol.....that shits crazy :O

lol It's amusing how much this applies here. To avoid further looking like a total sycophant, I'd suggest that everyone just waits for the results. I know you have a burning urge to show what a good moderator you would be by constantly reminding Jeff about it on this thread, but trying to rack up any points just looks dumb as hell. Rather than hyping up something which is unlikely to happen, don't expect it to. That way, if it does happen, you'll be surprised and happy, but if it doesn't you won't be disappointed.

Inb4

Yeah, applies to me too right now, lmfao.

Vertex
01-25-2013, 08:25 AM
- sucking up to jeff

that is just downright brutal.....but true!

Julermud
01-25-2013, 10:03 AM
lol It's amusing how much this applies here. To avoid further looking like a total sycophant, I'd suggest that everyone just waits for the results. I know you have a burning urge to show what a good moderator you would be by constantly reminding Jeff about it on this thread, but trying to rack up any points just looks dumb as hell. Rather than hyping up something which is unlikely to happen, don't expect it to. That way, if it does happen, you'll be surprised and happy, but if it doesn't you won't be disappointed.

Inb4

Yeah, applies to me too right now, lmfao.

Yeah, its a forever going cycle x)

The_Stick
01-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah, its a forever going cycle x)
So, he tells you to leave the thread, you agree, but you agree using the thread people were told to just leave alone until the big decision is made?

Julermud
01-25-2013, 03:44 PM
So, he tells you to leave the thread, you agree, but you agree using the thread people were told to just leave alone until the big decision is made?

Nonono.... The thing that applied to him too, the "making others look bad".......
Every time we tell people they are just a bit wrong, it applies to what leo mentioned.

Ghombeat
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Scarecrown is right, anyway, i still would not give much cakes about this thread if i applied.

Rosie
01-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Jeff, I'm curious, will you be announcing the new section mods here? And will you be pm'ing them? Because I'm wondering if I randomly post to see my name in green.

Apex-Predator
01-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Jeff, I'm curious, will you be announcing the new section mods here? And will you be pm'ing them? Because I'm wondering if I randomly post to see my name in green.

How did you change your username rosie.

Xero
01-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Pm stone.
And I think jeff mentioned accepted mods will be pm'd about it.

Imada
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
... I quoted from you o.e
Anyway, I was joking. All I was saying is that there is no need to start a fight when I wasn't talking to or about you. I have no intention of continuing.

Im sorry Flamr

Julermud
01-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Well people will be PM'ed but i have a feeling, that they will be announced in some way?

Foscex
01-27-2013, 04:03 PM
I think im stupid for missing the applecations -.-
I would have considered to join ;P

anyway gratz to Hewitt and goodluck in the future!

jdogg
01-27-2013, 04:33 PM
You would've been good too imo.

Rosie
01-27-2013, 05:14 PM
You would've been good too imo.

I think you would as well.
All I know is whoever Jeff decides on will be fit for their job(s).

Shadowkirby
01-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Jeff is really taking his time picking out some of the good ones. Whoever he's choosing, just hope he chooses the right people for the right job.

Shensurei
01-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Guys, don't rush him.
Give the guy some time, he's not the ONLY one choosing the new section mods.
Jesus.

Shadowkirby
01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Guys, don't rush him.
Give the guy some time, he's not the ONLY one choosing the new section mods.
Jesus.

Wait, so Jesus is helping Jeff choose the mods? :O