PDA

View Full Version : Micro Managing

Invincitron
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi reader,

Wow! People have developed a new technique called 'Micro'. It's where you move your units so your enemy can't hit you while also using 'Kiting'. The technique is good but who uses it? And if you do share some moves with the unit you could do.

.:Invincitron:.

uberman
01-17-2013, 10:30 PM
You mean like standing a unit right infront of an archer?
Spear with shield wall being the best for this, because of the damage reduction. The archer can shoot, but not be shot.

WyzDM
01-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Micro means more than that.

Micro is for an individualized yet controlled choice with a particular unit (his placement, who he attacks, etc). This is different from a macro, a big choice, like buying a particular unit/upgrade or choosing when to attack or defend. As to answer your question, micros are mostly what separate ranked players. If you come across someone with equal skill/technique, but he appears to be winning even with the same units, he has better micro control than you do.

Look through some replays and you'll figure this out a lot better. Hope it helps.

DragonFrost
01-18-2013, 07:05 AM
Apparently i have nice micro with archers. Yesterday my friend asked to for help with micro :)
Someone please explain how to micro short ranged units? Like swordwrath, spearton, etc.

xvdaemonicxv
01-18-2013, 07:32 AM
saving them from dying and healing them up at the last possible second. :)

Invincitron
01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Micro means more than that.

Micro is for an individualized yet controlled choice with a particular unit (his placement, who he attacks, etc). This is different from a macro, a big choice, like buying a particular unit/upgrade or choosing when to attack or defend. As to answer your question, micros are mostly what separate ranked players. If you come across someone with equal skill/technique, but he appears to be winning even with the same units, he has better micro control than you do.

Look through some replays and you'll figure this out a lot better. Hope it helps.

Hi reader,

Well, I have no clue what the heck Macro is so if you would kindly explain I will be very happy. Is Macro some type of choice which effects your economy?
To me Micro Management is basically like controlling you units on the field and running away from your opponent which buys you extra time. However you can also get attacked while Micro so you need a fast and armored unit such as Spearton, Jugger Knight, or a Shadowrath. What will totally ruin your Micro is if your enemy has an Enslaved Giant (Not Giant, Giant is for Chaos) or a faster unit such as Swordwrath with rage, Shadowrath (If you're using Spearton/JuggerKnight).

Marrowkai & Medusa's are a very big threat. Marrowkai's Reaper and Medusa's Stone Face will either make your unit uncontrollable or it will turn it to stone.

.:Invincitron:.

Tecness2
01-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Marco is the building of units.
Micro is the controlling of units.
A good example of micro, is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDGTprVJu4
1:37 (Protoss)
3:51 (Terran)
6:40 is probably the best micro you can find.
And 7:53 is a micro battle.

WyzDM
01-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi reader,

Well, I have no clue what the heck Macro is so if you would kindly explain I will be very happy. Is Macro some type of choice which effects your economy?

As I said, micro is a very small choice, while a macro is a big choice. Macros do affect your economy. An example of a macro would be if you had 800g, and 400 mana; do you spend it on a spearton, a flyer, a meric, or save for a giant or wizard. An example of a micro would be if if you have a medusa and 2 juggers approach an army of 3 speartons and 1 meric. Do you Turn the meric to stone, or one of the speartons?

To me Micro Management is basically like controlling you units on the field and running away from your opponent which buys you extra time. However you can also get attacked while Micro so you need a fast and armored unit such as Spearton, Jugger Knight, or a Shadowrath. What will totally ruin your Micro is if your enemy has an Enslaved Giant (Not Giant, Giant is for Chaos) or a faster unit such as Swordwrath with rage, Shadowrath (If you're using Spearton/JuggerKnight).

A micro decision is running a unit back to base at low health to reserve him for later, but that's not limited to what micro means. I'm sure you're making more micro decisions that you realize.