PDA

View Full Version : Glitched game

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Well, I am currently in a glitched game where I destroyed the guy. The game is still going on as I post this. The other guy paused the game as my Magikill used explosion on his statue. Now I can't unpause the game and supposedly he can't either.

In the pics I have next to no army since I used 6 speartons (killed by castle archers and his 12 speartons, dead from my magikill. I actually am not sure, too much stuff going on) and like 20 swordwrath with rage. I also have a few archidons hiding behind my ghost giant.

Me blowing his statue to bits
http://imageshack.us/a/img145/9103/glitchedgame.png
You may have to expand your window or right-click the picture and open the image in a new tab or copy its URL into your address bar.

Me with Stick Empires now in a side window as I type this. You know, so I don't lag out and lose well-deserved rating points. I ask him to surrender and he becomes an idiot. He says he SUPPOSEDLY has a bunch of swordwrath hiding in his castle (which I clearly can't see in the radar) and he would win if the game wasn't glitched because they would come out and kill all my troops. Him saying that isn't pictured because you guys don't deserve to see that kind of idiocy.
http://imageshack.us/a/img46/8446/dumbassu.png

Well, I believe this is a game-breaking glitch that needs fixing. I can't un-pause the game still. So, what should I do? Any suggestions?

isgood
01-18-2013, 06:50 PM
your opponent is probably lying. he already lied about his swordwrath. there is no glitch. A guy did this to me where i for some reason couldn't unpause and then i begged him to unpause (I was already attacking his statue) and after like 7 minutes he unpaused it and lagged out.

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 06:56 PM
your opponent is probably lying. he already lied about his swordwrath. there is no glitch. A guy did this to me where i for some reason couldn't unpause and then i begged him to unpause (I was already attacking his statue) and after like 7 minutes he unpaused it and lagged out.

How come I can't upause it? I don't want to lose tons of rating since the guy is lower rank than me.

stickman311
01-18-2013, 06:58 PM
Conclusion:don't use magikill

Bladed Fire
01-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Meet some guy with this tactics and giant spammers and favored that causes my rating to fall, but the most rating for me to fall is I've no time, gtg, and close the window, and you know what happened.(Sometimes I lagged out that I said the other player is a hacker although after that I won him.
So, probably this kind of people is more worse than giant massers. For the glitch, try not to cast blast , try magikill wall(I think so). And remember I won you? How much is you rating now?

isgood
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
How come I can't upause it? I don't want to lose tons of rating since the guy is lower rank than me.

that explains something. A noob just pauses until you have no time and surrender. (Also giants and majikill lag A LOT more than any other order unit. Also all your swordwrath and speartons dying could have also caused lag. Lag sometimes makes you hard to do stuff. Since all his units are dead, he isn't lagging and could just unpause anytime he wants

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Meet some guy with this tactics and giant spammers and favored that causes my rating to fall, but the most rating for me to fall is I've no time, gtg, and close the window, and you know what happened.(Sometimes I lagged out that I said the other player is a hacker although after that I won him.
So, probably this kind of people is more worse than giant massers. For the glitch, try not to cast blast , try magikill wall(I think so). And remember I won you? How much is you rating now?

I believe around 1450, but idk after this game (if something changes.

So what you're saying, is that Explosion spell causes this? But this is my first time encountering this glitch even though I use explosion on the enemy statue whenever I can.

that explains something. A noob just pauses until you have no time and surrender. (Also giants and majikill lag A LOT more than any other order unit. Also all your swordwrath and speartons dying could have also caused lag. Lag sometimes makes you hard to do stuff. Since all his units are dead, he isn't lagging and could just unpause anytime he wants

LOL what's he gonna do? Leave his computer on for an hour? That's how much time I have. I have 4GB of RAM and I set this to medium graphics a few minutes after he paused it. I'm watching youtube videos and I am not lagging out. Apparently as long as Stick Empires is visible on your monitor SOMEWHERE you can do stuff in other tabs without lagging out.

isgood
01-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Also, blast is like the laggiest thing in the game

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Also, blast is like the laggiest thing in the game

Dude, I've destroyed like 15 speartons by using swordwrath (or miner wall or giants or speartons) as meat shields while my magikill used blast and electric wall in quick succession. I destroy battalions. Some reactions I get include "WTF?!?!?!" "How did you do that"

So yea, I'm not giving up blast because it rapes.

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 08:02 PM
Alright, so the guy I'm playing is a real jackass. His username is awesomeneskiler. Watch out for him. He's being a prick about it now saying how he can keep this going a long time and he just wants a win to add to his count.

And he resorts to this, instead of actually playing.

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 08:07 PM
Alright, so a few minutes later now and he surrenders. It says Victory but I LOST rating?

Picture:
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/9724/wtfnmw.png

Since when did THIS happen? I've beaten tons of people lower rank than me and I still gain a few rating points.

stickman311
01-18-2013, 08:09 PM
don't double post. (lol your only at 1440 (no offense))its somekind of bug.i got those last time but not now anymore

FailingAtFailing
01-18-2013, 08:16 PM
don't double post. (lol your only at 1440 (no offense))its somekind of bug.i got those last time but not now anymore

I kept getting stuck here because I would face unexpected giant massers. Now this kind of stuff. - _ -

Tecness2
01-18-2013, 08:25 PM
I'll show this thread to Brock/CrazyJay...

stickman311
01-18-2013, 08:26 PM
why?

DragonFrost
01-18-2013, 08:34 PM
CUZ IT'S A FRICKING UNFAIR GLITCH! I got this a bunch of times, but usually I leave the tab open and play on my alternate account (thank god I have more than 1 account :3) until he lags out (by closing tab or similar)

_Ai_
01-19-2013, 07:11 AM
......This is a serious problem. Thank god it didnt happened to me

Azxc
01-19-2013, 07:40 AM
Wow this is a really funny bug
In many battles, I won, but I were defeated
So I don't care any ranking now :P

_Ai_
01-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Wow this is a really funny bug
In many battles, I won, but I were defeated
So I don't care any ranking now :P

So you are saying that you give up rankings?
doesnt matter, still skilled

uberman
01-19-2013, 09:01 AM
Wow! look at the time axis of the graph - a 20 minute game there.

FailingAtFailing
01-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Wow! look at the time axis of the graph - a 20 minute game there.

Game time doesn't move if the game is paused.

FailingAtFailing
01-19-2013, 01:38 PM
DAFUQ
Hm....
THE FOLLOWING IS A THEORY BY A RUN-DOWN STICKPAGE-EE, THEREFOR IT IS NOT OFFICIAL INFORMATION
The mgikill's attack has to do with it. I think that when the damage for the attack is counted, it takes a period of time after the explosion. When the game was paused, the explosion damage was halted, the code was disrupted, thus freezing the animations and coding of the magikill, therefor creating an error that stopped the game.
THEORY ENDS HERE

So this also suggests that the damage of explosion is based on the distance from the center, since the game has to count or calculate the damage in your scenario. Easy fix is to make it so that instead of doing it based directly on percentages and distance, make it based on zones. Like 100 pixels away but less than 200 is always 100 damage points or something instead of whatever formula is used to calculate damage based on distance.

stickman311
01-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Do other spells do this too

Bladed Fire
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Magikill wall seems good, no lagging, Poison spray has a bit lag... Blast? You know about it.

FailingAtFailing
01-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Do other spells do this too

I doubt poison has any effect on the statue.

Bladed Fire
01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
Poison has no effect on statue. I think I tried it before, because miner wall are as same as statue, can't be poisoned.

stickman311
01-19-2013, 05:54 PM
What about magikill wall?will it freeze like the blast when the opponent does it?awesome killer says your the one who paused it

Bladed Fire
01-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Uhm... read my post.

stickman311
01-19-2013, 06:02 PM
HOW CAN I NOT KNOW POISON DOES NOT AFFECT THE STATUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!