PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice on improving my game?

StickWarrior14
01-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Can anyone give me advice on improving myself on Stick Empires? I know that there's the strategy section, (which I read most of the threads there) But I feel like I'm still making mistakes, regardless if I win or not.

http://pastebin.com/h5rCMZRW
(I'm on the left side)

If you guys can give me any advice on improving myself, it will be appreciated.

Tecness2
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
Right off the bat, try to send each miner to the gold closest to them, not both to the same one.
Other than that, you seem to have been pretty good. The replay went out of sync when the ghost spearton came out.

DragonFrost
01-20-2013, 02:39 PM
...WHERE IS THE OP :mad:

StickWarrior14
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Right off the bat, try to send each miner to the gold closest to them, not both to the same one.
Other than that, you seem to have been pretty good. The replay went out of sync when the ghost spearton came out.

Ight I'll keep that in mind on sending the miners to the gold cloestest to them.

And I started to watch the replay and it did went out of sync =\. I didnt send the speartan with the most HP to garrison and left the lowest HP one to die.

PsychoticCheez
01-20-2013, 02:50 PM
If you want to improve, keep playing, and replay every battle you play.

Especially try and view things from the other person's side. Try and find at which point your fate was sealed, and then try and work out how you could've prevented it.

StickWarrior14
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
If you want to improve, keep playing, and replay every battle you play.

Especially try and view things from the other person's side. Try and find at which point your fate was sealed, and then try and work out how you could've prevented it.

Good idea on watching my opponent during replays I lost.

I wish the video didnt keep going out of sync. So I would get advice on my gameplay in it.

_Ai_
01-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Well.....More experince? just fight and fight like Cheez said.
It will be your greatest asset

Azxc
01-21-2013, 05:55 AM
Join some clans and their leader will train you and tell what mistakes you made :P
JK...

Well, you didn't have a good start at the game
you lost 2 swordwraths on killing one miner
so he captured middle and you had to turtle in your base
so I think you lost that game? There is an error in the replay I think...
Tip: Try to keep your units alive

StickWarrior14
01-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Join some clans and their leader will train you and tell what mistakes you made :P
JK...

Well, you didn't have a good start at the game
you lost 2 swordwraths on killing one miner
so he captured middle and you had to turtle in your base
so I think you lost that game? There is an error in the replay I think...
Tip: Try to keep your units alive

I managed to won it. My opponent fortunately made a couple crucial mistakes to give me the victory. It doesnt appear correctly in the replay due to being out of sync. (Which hopefully should be fix soon)

PUMU
01-21-2013, 11:45 PM
I think the merics should be able to heal units while they are garrisoned.
And on giants why is it that my miners are able to be hit by a giant whilst they are behind a miner wall?
Also merics are awfully slow making them very easy targets to simply run towards past other units and kill with the merics having very little chance of escape.
To stop rushers in their tracks the game should start off with a miner wall. This would make it much more fair and almost all startegies would have a chance to get setup . These are my opinions please respond kindly on my thoughts with good counter reasons if any are to be rejected.

_Ai_
01-22-2013, 12:57 AM
I think the merics should be able to heal units while they are garrisoned.
And on giants why is it that my miners are able to be hit by a giant whilst they are behind a miner wall?
Also merics are awfully slow making them very easy targets to simply run towards past other units and kill with the merics having very little chance of escape.
To stop rushers in their tracks the game should start off with a miner wall. This would make it much more fair and almost all startegies would have a chance to get setup . These are my opinions please respond kindly on my thoughts with good counter reasons if any are to be rejected.

Reading this.... I agree on almost everything
1. Agree - Why the hell isnt she healing the units!? she already have no use if she doesnt do that...
2. Agree - Those Ghost EGiant have terrible aim...
3. Agree - I laugh my ass off when i saw this the first time.... the meric was like shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit im dead
4. The only one i dont agree on. Then how to stop massers? they simply need to train a castle archer than boom! giants

PUMU
01-22-2013, 10:30 AM
hmm... yeah theres that.
smash the giants with a rock.
well scratch the idea then. other than that what do you think stickwarrior14?

PUMU
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
intentional double post to get this to the top