PDA

View Full Version : Magikill is super powerful

Alfgha
01-21-2013, 11:01 PM
The Magikill is a very powerful unit, more powerful than almost all units, Chaos or Order. If used properly with a Meric, it will become very difficult to defeat. Personally, this is my most favorite unit in the game. I first research all the spells the magikill can ever have, then get a meric or two. This is very very useful in mass battles. But, you have to control the Magikill, or it will be as useless to you as a miner battling a giant. Try this sometime. Tell me your good (or bad) stories with the Magiikill.

Azxc
01-22-2013, 01:04 AM
I killed all of the enemy's albowtross with electric wall :P
sneaky magikill!

Bladed Fire
01-22-2013, 07:56 AM
I use Magikill to defeat massers quickly.

FailingAtFailing
01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Magikill with a single giant, some archers, some speartons and 2 merics with cure is pretty powerful. I must agree.

XJAWZ
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I once versed a guy with a huge spearton army (with archers and 2 giants) with almost half the amount of speartons he had, but with magikill, and won the battle with 3/4 of my speartons health left, while his entire army was obliterated.

malbence
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
An end all strategy of Magikill against Spearton rushers is to hold the center (works on medium-medium long maps only :P) and poison the Speartons as they run (they run fast and the Magikill is slow to cast, so aim ahead of the Speartons) so that when they attack your statue, most of your health will be gone by the time they're all dead (make sure you have castle archers :P). Get Resilience!

isgood
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Majikill are excellent units in destoying front lie/ meelee units, but its low health gives it an high disadvatage because it has less range than archerer albow and enslaved giant and deads and wingadon

ShadowyWhisper
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
The Magikill is a very powerful unit, more powerful than almost all units, Chaos or Order. If used properly with a Meric, it will become very difficult to defeat. Personally, this is my most favorite unit in the game. I first research all the spells the magikill can ever have, then get a meric or two. This is very very useful in mass battles. But, you have to control the Magikill, or it will be as useless to you as a miner battling a giant. Try this sometime. Tell me your good (or bad) stories with the Magiikill.

I tried spamming Magikill and ended up with 10 before ShadowWrath snuck up and killed all of them.

It was just an experiment.

jli
01-22-2013, 06:43 PM
Well, seeing as how explosions can damage Shadowrath, you probably didn't aim right.

dracojex
01-29-2013, 11:09 AM
People say that magikill are very powerful, but I personally find them useless. Especially if the enemy is moving around a lot. You wont be able to maneuver the magikill fast enough to stop an oncoming charge of speartons. If your opponent is good enough, they should be able to attack your magikill first. I mean one way to stop this would be to get a line of speartons with shield bash, which is only possible if you research shield wall too. This way you could bash back the oncoming forces as your magikill take care of the rest. However, this takes extreme speed and skill in controlling your troops.

jli
01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Aww come on, they're hardly useless. The only reason magikill are hard to use is because they require a TON of micro. The key is to aim correctly. Predict where the army is going to go, not where they are at the present moment. Poison spray is also useful.

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, seeing as how explosions can damage Shadowrath, you probably didn't aim right.

Well, actually they were in invisible ability.

dracojex
01-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Aww come on, they're hardly useless. The only reason magikill are hard to use is because they require a TON of micro. The key is to aim correctly. Predict where the army is going to go, not where they are at the present moment. Poison spray is also useful.

I guess but they take 500 gold and mana. Aint nobody got time for that.

KillerPixel
01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
People say that magikill are very powerful, but I personally find them useless. They are really good units if you practice with them, But I just don't have the time to send a massive army out then focus on just one of the units.

FailingAtFailing
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
People say that magikill are very powerful, but I personally find them useless. Especially if the enemy is moving around a lot. You wont be able to maneuver the magikill fast enough to stop an oncoming charge of speartons. If your opponent is good enough, they should be able to attack your magikill first. I mean one way to stop this would be to get a line of speartons with shield bash, which is only possible if you research shield wall too. This way you could bash back the oncoming forces as your magikill take care of the rest. However, this takes extreme speed and skill in controlling your troops.

You're obviously doing it wrong. You have to aim AHEAD of a charging opponent. Plus, you should have a giant or two to stun atleast some attacking troops to buy any units in the back a few seconds to dish out some damage. Magikill with poison and electric wall can destroy. Explosion can be thrown in every few seconds to increase damage.

But anyway, yea, magikill aren't useless. If you find them useless you're doing alot of things wrong with them. And don't use pure magikill. Please, that would suck no matter how awesome magikill are in other armies. Although pure magikill would be interesting.

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 04:50 PM

Less time than building a Magikill with 2 abilities. Really, don't type something that you don't think about remotely.

Xate
01-29-2013, 09:19 PM
I use em AND I KICKASS!(BuddyLucky too). Using them requires great foresight(Ability to predict) and luck(Hope that he has time to cast ONE SIGLE SPELL!)(One spell can turn the tide so don't underestimate him)(But ninja hates him)(I sure have lots of this(insert random things here))

jli
01-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, actually they were in invisible ability.

I know, I'm saying that magikill spells can hit cloaked Shadowrath.

Less time than building a Magikill with 2 abilities. Really, don't type something that you don't think about remotely.

Um, what?

_Ai_
01-30-2013, 02:13 AM

Try fighting BuddyLucky2. He will change your opinion

KillerPixel
01-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Aint nobody got time for that. Russel Howard's Good News, Classic :)

ShadowyWhisper
01-30-2013, 01:46 PM
I know, I'm saying that magikill spells can hit cloaked Shadowrath.

Um, what?
WHAT they can hit them! Well, anyways, I was talking about Ninjas. Someone said they took too long, and I was pointing out Magikill took longer and costs more with abilities.

jli
01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Ah, OK, now it all makes sense :D

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Magikill spells can damage Shadowrath even if they are cloaked. Haven't tested it though.

Azxc
02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
Ah, OK, now it all makes sense :D

Yeah, I think I read somewhere that Magikill spells can damage Shadowrath even if they are cloaked. Haven't tested it though.

It can, but it cannot instant kill a ninja with either explosion, electric wall, or poison spray lol

Magikill is not hard to use, just build walls to protect him from speartons/ninjas

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 09:25 AM
It can, but it cannot instant kill a ninja with either explosion, electric wall, or poison spray lol

Magikill is not hard to use, just build walls to protect him from speartons/ninjas

Or run away from it while other units kill that fucker.

I hate ninjas DX

jli
02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but if you have multiple magikill, you can kill a ninja.

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but if you have multiple magikill, you can kill a ninja.

Not enough micro+lag

RecklessRichy
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeah, but when you go against an opponent who loves Shadowrath's. They could take one out in one blow, which is quite annoying if you use it(like me).

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Or you could pause the game and make sure your mouse is close to it.