PDA

View Full Version : Albow massers?

isgood
01-22-2013, 12:57 PM
there has been a lot of albow massers lately and i can't beat them! how do you defeat albow massers?

isgood
01-22-2013, 01:25 PM
i play with order and having trouble with order albow massers

XJAWZ
01-22-2013, 01:34 PM
For early game, you should scout the enemy's side early if they indeed are albow massers, and if they are, try to harrass his economy, because an albow requires a lot of money and mana to build. Try a few archidon to take out the albows he might currently have. If the opponent gets a castle archer, make some merics and pretend to attack(or really attack) with speedy units (speartons or ninjas) to either force his miners to stop mining or to eliminate some miners, and then retreat to get healed by merics. He should get really annoyed and try to build speartons, walls (which you will destroy), and more castle archers, and try to turtle. In that case, get giants. Soon, you shall attack.
For late game(if he succeeded in making a albowtross army), you make some spellcaster units, like merics and magikill, merics to heal units and magikill for mass attacks on albowtross. Try a giant as a meat shield, or maybe a shield wall of speartons, if the enemy has some ground units also. (which they should have).
If the situation becomes desperate, try a few castle archers, and turtle up at your base (but you're basically dead at that point anyways).
I hope this helps.

FailingAtFailing
01-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Mother of god, has my strategy I posted become popular?

Regardless, I know a counter to my own strategy. HUMAN SHIELDS!!!!

Get a bunch of swordwrath (or speartons, swordwrath are better due to numbers) and control them to absorb arrows aimed at your archers.

Also, shouldn't this be in a strategy section?

XJAWZ
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
well, I didn't get this from your strategy...

FailingAtFailing
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
well, I didn't get this from your strategy...

My strategy was albow massing, I posted it a while ago and I noticed albow users increasing recently so I've come to a logical conclusion.

XJAWZ
01-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Thats much clearer.

WyzDM
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
By that time it's too late for you. Stop the mass before the mass.

malbence
01-22-2013, 02:54 PM
You could always make two magikill, some giants, and archers, and then advance them close enough to the archers that you can hit them with the magikill without being too much at risk (maybe in line with the giants), and start killing them dead!

If they run away and they have castle archer I would work on tower spawn and even sacrificing some miners later game to make more units, especially if your opponent sacrifices a few albows to make magikills (with poison, so get a meric + cure if that happens) or whatever else they would make.

So tl;dr, magikills + archers + giants = :)

isgood
01-22-2013, 02:58 PM
My strategy was albow massing, I posted it a while ago and I noticed albow users increasing recently so I've come to a logical conclusion.
I guess you just started a trend: albow massing is the new giant massing

FailingAtFailing
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
I guess you just started a trend: albow massing is the new giant massing

Woo?

Also, I just faced a guy who massed his army with half giants, half albows. It was more effective than either alone.

isgood
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Woo?

Also, I just faced a guy who massed his army with half giants, half albows. It was more effective than either alone.
-_- because of albow massing i dropped from the 1490 ratings to 1360. place where most albow massers are : 1500-1390 where giant massers are: 1390-1280 (i already know how to beat giant massers but not albows :( )

FailingAtFailing
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
-_- because of albow massing i dropped from the 1490 ratings to 1360. place where most albow massers are : 1500-1390 where giant massers are: 1390-1280 (i already know how to beat giant massers but not albows :( )

The guy I faced was around 1700 and used an albow giant mix with a meric or two. Kind of sucks since albows counter swordwrath spam against giants and giants counter archers against albows.

isgood
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
The guy I faced was around 1700 and used an albow giant mix with a meric or two. Kind of sucks since albows counter swordwrath spam against giants and giants counter archers against albows.

i agree

isgood
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
By that time it's too late for you. Stop the mass before the mass.

thank you, harassing miners in very early game seems to work best

XJAWZ
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I just versed an albow masser and I easily destroyed his army with 2 magikill, and some speartons in shield wall. The guy I versed also spammed swordwrath with rage, and I killed them with the speartons, while my magikill killed the albows with electric wall and explosions. I still lost the game though, because my mom came downstairs when I was destroying his statue, and I closed the window.

badplayer
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
ironically, giants destroy albowtross...

but yeah, albowtross are so fragile its not even funny. theyre pretty expensive to make, also...

Invincitron
01-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Hi reader,

Easy... mass Giants and Magikills... Magikills will kill them with blast, Giants will provide shelter and ranged support. For Chaos just rush to their statue or kill them using mass Giants.

.:Invincitron:.

DragonFrost
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
GAH! That's what i was gonna say, Invincitron.

Panki
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Giant massing caused swordwrath massing, which caused albow massing, the way I see it.

Giants < Swords
Swords < Albow
Albow < Giants (with magikill)

WyzDM
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Just make a variety of units, you'll reach a max population so much faster and be able to punish any force of that nature...

_Ai_
01-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Well.....
Giant + Archers
Spear + Archers
Spear + Magikill
Giant + Magikill
Giant + Albatross

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm pretty sure spear+ archer loses to mass albows. Say, 12 albows (48 pop) vs 8 speartons (24 pop) and 12 archidons (24 pop). I'm doing it based on pop. Who would win? I'm pretty sure the albows would win.

WyzDM
01-23-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm pretty sure spear+ archer loses to mass albows. Say, 12 albows (48 pop) vs 8 speartons (24 pop) and 12 archidons (24 pop). I'm doing it based on pop. Who would win? I'm pretty sure the albows would win.

You would be correct.

jli
01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Two magikill = two blasts = albatross go BOOM

FailingAtFailing
01-23-2013, 02:33 PM

Didn't we test this?

Spears and albows lost.

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
We did, and you meant speartons and archidons lost. Also, in my example I said earlier, it had more speartons and archidons than in our test.

XJAWZ
01-23-2013, 03:23 PM
arhidons do literally nil damage against albowtross. Shocking for me when I first found out.

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 03:39 PM
LULULUL I use that glitch. They do damage to albow, but only IF they can hit it. If the albow goes a certain angle, the archidon cannot hit them.

XJAWZ
01-23-2013, 03:48 PM
LULULUL I use that glitch. They do damage to albow, but only IF they can hit it. If the albow goes a certain angle, the archidon cannot hit them.

But still, even if they do hit them, they still do very little damage. It took 4 archidon to kill one albowtross, and every arrow was hitting. Thats 350*4=1400(one hundred less than a giant) against $450 and 200 mana.

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Strange :/ I did a test, 3 archidons can kill an albow (without glitch). Also, since they'd re faster and longer range, kite the albow. Maybe you didn't micro and the albow had blazing bolts (my test was no blazing bolts)?
Off topic: WOOOOTTTT 1000 posts yes!!

XJAWZ
01-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah... The albow I versed had blazing bolts. After he killed my archers, I withdrew my 4 attacking speartons. He had a few swordwrath and one albowtross. I was aiming at early attack with cheap units like archidon, but the albow got in the way.

XJAWZ
01-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Off topic: WOOOOTTTT 1000 posts yes!!

and congrats on 1000 (well now its 1002) posts!

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Eh? You had speartons? Why not use them as tanks while archidon shot the albow?

FailingAtFailing
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Eh? You had speartons? Why not use them as tanks while archidon shot the albow?

Human shields are epic win against ranged units, I use swordwrath as human shields all day every day, although I usually switch to speartons eventually.

DragonFrost
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Meh. Speartons suck against mass albows, they would all die in 2-3 volleys. Then the archidons are FUCKED! Although if it was just a few albows, your spearton is safe.

_Ai_
01-23-2013, 08:10 PM
I smell explosion in the air....

stickman311
01-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Giant massing caused swordwrath massing, which caused albow massing, the way I see it.

Giants < Swords
Swords < Albow
Albow < Giants (with magikill)

60 swords can't beat 10 giants

DragonFrost
01-25-2013, 07:24 AM
You don't only mass swords when fighting giants. It takes too much time to make. Instead, you should have a bunch of swords, a bunch of albows and a few magikills.

Juice Box
01-26-2013, 02:35 AM
Get a Giant. Doesn't need to be upgraded. They can take down Albows with ease.

Juice Box
01-26-2013, 02:37 AM
60 swords can't beat 10 giants

They can, actually.

6 Swordwrath can beat a Giant. 12 can beat 2. 18 to 3, and so on.

Jombloxx
01-26-2013, 07:56 AM
They can, actually.

6 Swordwrath can beat a Giant. 12 can beat 2. 18 to 3, and so on.

dont double post :l

Azxc
01-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Get a Giant. Doesn't need to be upgraded. They can take down Albows with ease.

Use archidons:
1. They have speartons or ghost or giant meat shield to EAT ARROWS
2. Flyers have too many hit points, archidons can hardly kill them, but archidons have damned less hp, so they PWN archidons
I thought archidons suppose to anti-air, such as shooting their wings and make lots of damage, but they only make a narrow damage
Hard to kill those albowtross...

Use giant:
Too slow, they have enough infantries to pwn your giant and your supporting army as blazing bolt or DAMNED LOTS OF wingtons do TONS OF damage
Btw, it takes 3 stones to kill a wington, too slow...

When you use magikill,
1. The albowtross fleet a little bit and let your magikill leaves your meat shield and shoot him
2. the spearton meat shield rush your magikill

I think flying units are OP, as Tecness said, we should nerf them back

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Archidons? They can defeat any strategy except probably mass speartons. They can kite every single unit (well, except faster units), even egiants and albows. It's why I mass archidons a lot of the time.

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 08:16 AM
Archidons? They can defeat any strategy except probably mass speartons. They can kite every single unit (well, except faster units), even egiants and albows. It's why I mass archidons a lot of the time.
Archidon:Most range
Albowtross:Moderate range
Giant:Low range and hard to control.
Like Fr0st said, Archidon can kite Albowtross one by one by training them in large numbers(6-8) and research fire arrows to outrange them.
The only thing is Archidon can''t target Albowtross when they're in close range. Move Archidon to a specified place to target the Albowtross.

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Kiting WHILE STAYING OUT OF ALBOWTROSS RANGE!!!!!!! So they can't shoot your archidons.

_Ai_
01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Fr0st, Master of Archer
Also King Of Lag

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Fr0st, Master of Archer
Also King Of Lag

The most dangerous:Fr0st
Charasteristics: Master of kiting
Master of Lag
Remember to lag with him or you will lose!

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:26 AM
T.T why are people making fun of my lag

_Ai_
01-26-2013, 08:27 AM
The most dangerous:Fr0st
Charasteristics: Master of kiting
Master of Lag
Remember to lag with him or you will lose!

Lmao. Frost, just when are you gonna get a new comp?

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
In a few years :3

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 08:29 AM
T.T why are people making fun of my lag

Lag causes game to froze and I fought a guy who had this kind of lag! Anyways, back to the topic. Archidons have puny health and puny damage but with long range. Kite with huge numbers of him with defeat Albowtross or GIants(for Fr0st).

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Super true, bladed :D archidon massing will be the next popular massing technique :D

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Super true, bladed :D archidon massing will be the next popular massing technique :D

You WILL BE FAMOUS for that.

_Ai_
01-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Lag causes game to froze and I fought a guy who had this kind of lag! Anyways, back to the topic. Archidons have puny health and puny damage but with long range. Kite with huge numbers of him with defeat Albowtross or GIants(for Fr0st).

The damage is too low to be considered, actually.
i dont use em
they just have to be more powerful. In damaging

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 08:33 AM
I will be known as "THE FOUNDER OF ARCHIDON MASSING" YAY!
Uhhh aiman? Archidons suck against armored units generally, it when you have 20....

stickman311
01-26-2013, 09:44 AM
20 archidons vs 1 giant 1 magikill magikill blast all die lol so archidons suck.

NrgFA
01-26-2013, 10:22 AM
How do you defeat albow massers? Get castle archers(three),take some shadowrath,and lower them into your territory,but have your miners retreat.

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 11:53 AM
20 archidons vs 1 giant 1 magikill magikill blast all die lol so archidons suck.
Actually.... Just kite the giant until it dies, then kill the magikill.

How do you defeat albow massers? Get castle archers(three),take some shadowrath,and lower them into your territory,but have your miners retreat.

also, kite the albows LOL

jerrytt
01-26-2013, 12:43 PM
To make archidon massing plausible, Crazy Jay would have to bring back the old albow firing system, where archidons could literally dodge the arrows. However, kiting giants is still feasible, but not very effective in short maps. you could only get like, 4 volleys in in castle. And stickman311, why would anyone put archidons in place fighting a magikill?

malbence
01-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Well Magikills are rendered useless if you just kite one time. When they're about to cast a spell you just move your archers way over to your castle and kite, then go back and keep firing until the Magikill casts again or you kill it.

That should oughta work until they get really pissed and just use poison instead of electric wall. :P

jerrytt
01-26-2013, 12:50 PM
Even then you can still kite the poison, since if youve noticed, It sometimes takes a second or two to take effect after the asthetics, and archidons are pretty fast.

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Not faster than Spearton

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 05:34 PM
In fact, here is my estimate of movement speed (ORDER).
1 (fastest): Shadowrath
2: Spearton
3: Sword
4: Archidon
5: Albowtross
6: Miner
7:Magikill/Meric
8: Magikill/Meric
9 (slowest): EGiant

jerrytt
01-26-2013, 05:36 PM
aint sword and archer equal? and so are magikill/meric/giants I thought

DragonFrost
01-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Idk about meric/magikill/giant, although i'm pretty sure you're right. But i can guarrantee that sword is faster than archidon (after 100s of times of sword/archer start)

jli
01-26-2013, 06:06 PM
Giants are slower than Magikill: "Giants are slowest, stupidest race of all the nations, surpassed even by the Magikill's slow limp and barely surpassing the mindless shambles of the Deads."

http://stick-empires.wikia.com/wiki/Giants

I don't know about Merics though.

stickman311
01-26-2013, 06:14 PM
Without rage, sword is still faster than archer and i forgot the meaning of kite

Bladed Fire
01-26-2013, 06:21 PM
I use Archidons to counter Albowtross massers now :p of course got Magikill and meatshield.

jerrytt
01-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Giants are slower than Magikill: "Giants are slowest, stupidest race of all the nations, surpassed even by the Magikill's slow limp and barely surpassing the mindless shambles of the Deads."

http://stick-empires.wikia.com/wiki/Giants

I don't know about Merics though.

just because its on the wiki dosnt mean its true. Didnt your teachers telll you that at school? :P

line up a meric, giant, and magikill. make them walk somewhere far. theyll keep at the same pace with each oother.

jli
01-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Really? I've actually had the opposite experience. The Giants lag behind.

FailingAtFailing
01-27-2013, 06:30 AM
just because its on the wiki dosnt mean its true. Didnt your teachers telll you that at school? :P

line up a meric, giant, and magikill. make them walk somewhere far. theyll keep at the same pace with each oother.

Magikill seem to be slightly slower than giants while merics are slightly faster than giants. This is from watching my army rush the statue once I have max population.

ShadowyWhisper
01-27-2013, 10:56 AM
well with order or chaos?

Umm... I believe there is no such thing called an "Allbowtross in Chaos.

And in response to your question, it depends. Purely Allbowtross, just get Giants. If they have a unit to block your boulders... Well, I have watched some of WzyDM's games, he's the best player, and he just gets a blocking unit. It really works quite well. So, if you are looking for a way to defeat that,

A. Try to prevent him from building this army.
It will take him quite a long time, and rushing with a few high-healthed units will work quite well.

B. Turtle

Get 3 castle archers, which will kill off most of them quite easily. They have slightly more health than SwordWrath.

WyzDM
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM

He's most likely referring to wingdom, which are about the same but but have no flaming bolt upgrade, making them weaker.

jerrytt
01-27-2013, 11:30 AM

And in response to your question, it depends. Purely Allbowtross, just get Giants. If they have a unit to block your boulders... Well, I have watched some of WzyDM's games, he's the best player, and he just gets a blocking unit. It really works quite well. So, if you are looking for a way to defeat that,

A. Try to prevent him from building this army.
It will take him quite a long time, and rushing with a few high-healthed units will work quite well.

B. Turtle

Get 3 castle archers, which will kill off most of them quite easily. They have slightly more health than SwordWrath.

Have you ever seen castle archers against albows? for some reason, splash does not affect flying units. Plus, they have ALOT more health than a swordwrath, even if they both have 2 bars. It would probably take a castle archer over 10 shots to kill one, making castle archers useless against albows.

_Ai_
01-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Have you ever seen castle archers against albows? for some reason, splash does not affect flying units. Plus, they have ALOT more health than a swordwrath, even if they both have 2 bars. It would probably take a castle archer over 10 shots to kill one, making castle archers useless against albows.

but it takes 2 boulder throws to kill an albatross, while 3 to kill a swordwrath

jerrytt
01-27-2013, 12:21 PM
but it takes 2 boulder throws to kill an albatross, while 3 to kill a swordwrath

Yet it takes alot more than 7 arrows to kill an albowtross. Perhaps they are armored while swordwraths are not?

_Ai_
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Yet it takes alot more than 7 arrows to kill an albowtross. Perhaps they are armored while swordwraths are not?

Maybe. Do a test

jerrytt
01-27-2013, 01:05 PM
NOOOOOOO
DragonFr0st, Come With Me
:P

DragonFrost
01-27-2013, 01:19 PM
AW MAN NOT AGAIN T.T
But yes, I do believe that albows are armored.

_Ai_
01-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Wait, does that mean that giants are anti armor?

Azxc
01-28-2013, 12:00 AM
yea
A giant kill a albowtross with 2 stones
But kill a wington with 3 stones...

_Ai_
01-28-2013, 12:12 AM
yea
A giant kill a albowtross with 2 stones
But kill a wington with 3 stones...

But all that can hit the alba is anti armor....except for archer, dead, wingadon
So in my opinion alba is weaker than wing

Tecness2
01-28-2013, 10:26 AM
But all that can hit the alba is anti armor....except for archer, dead, wingadon
So in my opinion alba is weaker than wing
Wingadon, Dead, Archidon, Albowtross, Enslaved Giant, Giant.
Hey look! Half of that is anti-armor and the other half isn't. Odd.

jerrytt
01-28-2013, 12:05 PM
You forgot magikill, which i believe is also anti armor

Tecness2
01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
You forgot magikill, which i believe is also anti armor
Magikill can't a-move and attack air units.

jerrytt
01-28-2013, 12:58 PM
perhaps its not armor saving the wingadons but passive recovery? it takes exactly 2 blasts/stones to kill an albowtross, but if the wingadon were to recover a little bit, would they not survive?

WyzDM
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
In a third race, I'm looking for ground units that can jump and attack aerial units for massive damage (make it a resource). This would bring a completely different take on choosing empires and armies.

DragonFrost
01-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree with wyzdm. There are a bunch of battle where people just MASS albows (T.T), then I have to suicide my useless melee units and buy ranged units too

isgood
01-28-2013, 04:32 PM
now albow massers get llike 4 speartons and attack your archidons/majikill T_T

ShadowyWhisper
01-28-2013, 05:19 PM
In a third race, I'm looking for ground units that can jump and attack aerial units for massive damage (make it a resource). This would bring a completely different take on choosing empires and armies.

Called Order Giants....

And you brilliantly used Allbowtrosses

jerrytt
01-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Called Order Giants....

And you brilliantly used Allbowtrosses

Nope, chaos giants. He said ground, not ranged right?

DragonFrost
01-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Ground can be ranged too... I mean, arent archidons a ground unit?

jerrytt
01-29-2013, 12:38 PM
Yeah but he was inferring some unit would melee them. Badly phrased i suppose...

FailingAtFailing
01-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah but he was inferring some unit would melee them. Badly phrased i suppose...

That's like trying to stab a helicopter. What's wrong with using a ranged unit to attack albows anyway?

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 04:56 PM
there has been a lot of albow massers lately and i can't beat them! how do you defeat albow massers?

You don't. If they're using it right, you're toast.

FailingAtFailing
01-29-2013, 07:02 PM
You don't. If they're using it right, you're toast.

Giant Spam can easily beat pure albows. Heck, put the giants in front and add some archidons in the back to target any magikill or speartons.

ShadowyWhisper
01-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Well not PURE Allbows, put a few tank units in front with maybe a Giant or 2. This works extremely well, as WyzDM uses it even.