PDA

View Full Version : Magus(Anubis) vs Gunrunner(Lag)

Anubis
01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Notice
As of me posting this battle, Lag has yet to respond to me. This poll is gonna be up for a week, and if Lag doesn't post his battle on the page by the end of that week, then automatic forfeit. However, 3 points will be deducted from his overall score each day he doesn't post.

Anubis:DeviantArt Link (http://anubis-anims.deviantart.com/art/Magus-vs-Gunrunner-350163538)/ Youtube Link
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdXaqNEH0-8)
Lag:<Forfeit>

Grim
01-25-2013, 05:48 PM
That golden egyptian pimp D-Eagle was funny. It was a little laggy for me though and I remember lots of other people having trouble viewing your anims, so I'd recommend having a second youtube link or something for those that can't see it. Very good fight though. I hope Lag posts soon, I'd like to see what he came up with. Until then though I'll abstain from voting.

Anubis
01-25-2013, 07:30 PM
very true...ppl and their computers...smh...
*Added youtube link*
I hope he posts too, ive been looking forward to this battle

Zaptor
01-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Anubis your animations are always super sexy. Loved the angles and the plot was amazing, ill check back when Lag posts his animation.

Pickup
01-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Why there's people voting for anubis if they didn't see lag's animation?

flapD
01-25-2013, 11:05 PM
I agree with you pickup..... but maybe those guys are just crazy
http://209.160.46.93/ds_img_direct.php?i=umadmeme.jpeg&t=8&d=15hxprzxag&x=360&y=480&l1=603&l2=706

Asakura赤
01-26-2013, 04:09 AM
bro that was awesome :O much better then i expected... And people please dont vote yet...

Sonicmanqaz
01-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Ohamhgawd!

I almost cried

Kodoku
01-26-2013, 11:43 AM
That was awesome *w*

Asakura赤
01-26-2013, 01:08 PM
morons stop voting.....

Grim
01-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Pin I see you voted bitch. I'm very disappointed. You too Truly Epic.

Anubis
01-26-2013, 01:31 PM
dont be a hater

Rosie
01-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Pin I see you voted bitch. I'm very disappointed. You too Truly Epic.

Well, that depends if they see it in the 'I voted for Anubis because he finished and posted his on time' sense, on a certain view, it seems a good enough reason to vote.
As for me, I will wait until I see both, and a very good battle you have here, Anubis.

Grim
01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Woah calm your genitals. I was kidding. If they wanna vote then vote. I just saw their names on the voting list and was surprised because I thought they would've abstained.

Anubis
01-26-2013, 01:42 PM
@grim, ok theyre calm.

@rosie: thanks XD

Kodoku
01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
morons stop voting.....

What he said. :I
I won't vote until i get tp see the other part...

SCOUNDREL
01-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Why set-up the thread if he hasn't shown his animation ?
And add a poll already, then say you're gonna deduct points from his score if he submits one .
There is no way he could win as of now this is very unfair ,
You should just wait until he responds then post a "forfeit" thread not a one-way poll .

Kodoku
01-26-2013, 02:34 PM
Why set-up the thread if he hasn't shown his animation ?
And add a poll already, then say you're gonna deduct points from his score if he submits one .
There is no way he could win as of now this is very unfair ,
You should just wait until he responds then post a "forfeit" thread not a one-way poll .

If there's a due date, you have to respect it. If the other guy uploads it late, then he would have more time to finish his animation. So i think it's completely fair to do it like this.

SCOUNDREL
01-26-2013, 02:39 PM
Forfeit after waiting for like weeks is ok .
Not set-up poll then deduct points even if he posts animation ,

We all lives and complication that get in the way of animation ,
Being leant and a cool guy would be appreciated by both parties in an RHG battle .

by the way nice animation, Anubis, you're stepping up and getting better .

Anubis
01-26-2013, 02:40 PM
If there's a due date, you have to respect it. If the other guy uploads it late, then he would have more time to finish his animation. So i think it's completely fair to do it like this.
^this
i personally feel it's a cop out to scream forfeit because you never know what life issues the other person has to deal with. At least this way, the other person has a chance to still submit although points are deducted. Plus even with points taken, surprises can still happen.

Also this is a due date we both agreed on, and i made sure to at least try to contact him days before this post to see where we both were...so it's not like he's completely unaware of this happening...

and it really isnt fair to me that i put all this work into an animation and went through the right channels to make sure we were both progressing and then have to wait extra time for him to come back, and it's not fair to him to to just make him forfeit when he most likely put in the same amount of work...this is as balanced as i can get.

And thanks XD

Veir
01-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Woah shit. At first it just seemed kinda average, and Magus made me think of Shao Khan more than once, but then everything changed and I was like "WOAHSHIT", this is why Magus is my favorite RHG character.

NrgFA
01-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow,at first I didn't like you,but now that I have seen this,I want to animate like you and have your style. Its a bit sloppy with the blood,but I like the blood for some reason. o.O

Pickup
01-27-2013, 10:43 PM
This is an unfair battle... people don't see lag's animation... and you anubis must make another poll battle thread so we can see if you're gonna win or lag's gonna win.....

Anubis
01-28-2013, 05:38 AM
no its not...the only reason people don't see lag's animation is because he has not posted it yet...and no.

Do school professors, employers, or competition starters on sp get this much backlash for penalizing late entries? i think not....

SCOUNDREL
01-28-2013, 06:21 AM
But that's cause it's a serious competition that involves money ,
This is a battle which is ruled by the 2 animators which are suppose to be on common grounds ,
Give him time before setting up the battle thread cause the rules state 2 finished Battles in the Battle thread ONLY.

Just saying man, you'd probably win anyway but default wins aren't anything .

TTheDDoctor
01-28-2013, 06:35 AM
Why there's people voting for anubis if they didn't see lag's animation?

Because nothing is awesomer than Anubis's animations.

terastar
01-28-2013, 06:42 AM
What he said. :I
I won't vote until i get tp see the other part...

^ same here man :I

And LOL hahaha Anubis's animation was wicked but... since Lag hasn't posted yet, why did you guys have vote for Anubis ._.

Anubis
01-28-2013, 10:30 AM
But that's cause it's a serious competition that involves money ,
This is a battle which is ruled by the 2 animators which are suppose to be on common grounds ,
Give him time before setting up the battle thread cause the rules state 2 finished Battles in the Battle thread ONLY.

Just saying man, you'd probably win anyway but default wins aren't anything .
I dont care if it involves money or a pat on the back, rules still apply...and we are on common ground, until one of us slips up on responsibilities, then it's catch up time. Which actually turns in his favor because he gets up to a WEEK of extra time to finish his battle before a forfeits....

Also:
- Rule 2: If you've finished your battle and your opponent has quit, you may post a thread stating that your opponent forfeit with a link to your battle.
My link is already up...and you can just assume he has quit until informed otherwise...
and i agree, default wins dont matter much at all, but I like my system better because it gives the other person a chance to finish while giving an air of drama to the viewers...

Will he post!!! And if he does, will it be enough to beat that beautiful beat down presented to us right now!!! stay tuned!!!!!!!! O.O

EDIT:@Terastar:
Because nothing is awesomer than Anubis's animations.
Wut he said :P

-P1-
01-28-2013, 04:33 PM
I like the system Anubis has,but I think 3 points is a little high per day, considering the number of people who actually vote in total. If he does get this week of extra time in, and turns in his animation on the 6th day, that's 18 points off, and he has one day to actually share his animation before the end.

Anubis
01-28-2013, 06:43 PM
I like the system Anubis has,but I think 3 points is a little high per day, considering the number of people who actually vote in total. If he does get this week of extra time in, and turns in his animation on the 6th day, that's 18 points off, and he has one day to actually share his animation before the end.
at first it was 5, but i lessened it cuz it felt like a bit too much per day... and cuz Strike is a fag.. XD

but yeah...i took the amount of voters into consideration and usually an average to good battle brings roughly between 14 and 50 votes per person. and with my system, you loose if u get -21 points(1 week poll).
So like i said, even with a late entry, it is still highly possible that a good animation can pull out a win despite points taken.

Also, ive seen battles get way over 14 votes in a day, and the whole point is to get the other guy to hurry and put a finish to his animation in the first place, usually in the hope that it wouldnt take a full week to do so, lol

Pickup
01-28-2013, 09:36 PM
- Rule 2: If you've finished your battle and your opponent has quit, you may post a thread stating that your opponent forfeit with a link to your battle.

Why? does it says to open the POLL anubis?

V Rain V
01-29-2013, 01:52 PM
Wow that was sexy... Waiting for Lag tho!

-P1-
01-30-2013, 07:34 PM
at first it was 5, but i lessened it cuz it felt like a bit too much per day... and cuz Strike is a fag.. XD

but yeah...i took the amount of voters into consideration and usually an average to good battle brings roughly between 14 and 50 votes per person. and with my system, you loose if u get -21 points(1 week poll).
So like i said, even with a late entry, it is still highly possible that a good animation can pull out a win despite points taken.

Also, ive seen battles get way over 14 votes in a day, and the whole point is to get the other guy to hurry and put a finish to his animation in the first place, usually in the hope that it wouldnt take a full week to do so, lol

You have a good point, I was just making a suggestion. Nice battle, but I don't feel like I would vote until I see both.

MethodAnims1
01-31-2013, 03:37 AM
Smexy bro anubis but its wiggly

Lag where u naw?

Findood
01-31-2013, 07:00 AM
I loved your animation!!! The angles and effects, but it could have been better if you would increase the smoothing in your brush ;D

Anubis
02-02-2013, 04:20 AM
Thanks for the cnc :P

So after a week, Lag has not contacted me or posted on the page, thus he has Forfeit.

Nuclearinsanity
02-02-2013, 07:58 AM
HOT DIDDLEH DAYUM

Anubis, you got skillz, dawg.

Man, there's been a bunch of good matches recently.