PDA

View Full Version : Playing with Blur Effect

xirmi
05-24-2008, 12:20 PM
So I tried to use the blur effect to make the blue guy superspeed.

http://antiup.net/view/1296/

Alright antiups working again so WATCH WATCH and COMMENT.

New Generation
05-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Your stick figures looked choppy and wobbly. Use onion skinning more accurately. The beam was bad, it dissipated too quickly and there was not enough particles. It needed some more colors too, not just one color.

The blur effects is pretty much messed up, no one uses it here, except me thought. But I've been told not to blur the WHOLE body. It just takes away how the stick figure is moving while being blurred.

Lastly, your teleport effect is not good either. It's plain and the blue lines disappear too fast. Basically it was all scribbly. Take your time on your animations and I guarantee you will see an improvement.

xirmi
05-25-2008, 06:22 AM
I was just using blur for the first time. If you know which parts I should blur tell me.

And that wasn't a beam. It was fire. I admit the teleport was bad but I was just trying something new. I normally make teleports different.

New Generation
05-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Okay, sorry if I mistook that for fire but why are you excusing your self. So you can do better, then do it, Why are you waiting? I know your maybe new to animating but if you said you can do better. DO better, don't just think about it.

Try blurring only the part of the body which makes contact with the other body, which he hits. Normally it's arms & legs. Good luck.

xirmi
05-25-2008, 06:53 AM
I wasn't excusing myself by saying I can do better teleports, I was just trying to make a different Type. There's no splashin energy in my normal teleports.

Anyway about the blur. What about when he's running so fast you can't see him? Do you abandon the stick figure form for just a blur?