PDA

View Full Version : the water man!

Automaton
05-24-2008, 01:52 PM
ok so i havent animated anything in 3 or 4 days, as i lost the will to pivot. but now im back into it again, and i did a couple of tests and this was meant to be a camera movement test (at the beginning) but i decided to carry on with it. i think the camera effects were not bad, but not good, and it got MAJORLY gif raped so i urge you to download the piv. but apartfrom that i think i did ok, and should i carry on with it? also, yeah very unoriginal, but deal with it! and i want more crit than george bush with this one!

(noo get the piv!) gif: http://i26.tinypic.com/2n0qx05.gif
piv: http://upd.animatorhost.com/jrockpunk1/water_man3vow.piv

also, im sticking to my posting once every 2-3 days well :D

Sherbet
05-24-2008, 04:46 PM
dude this is nice, my piv is screwed up, but the raped gif actually looked quite decent, i like it, a little stiff, but other wise very nice :)

MrCheesy
05-24-2008, 05:04 PM
It was very stiff....
I din't like the close ups, they didn't look to good.
And the ball dosn't look powerful, it's going to slow....
His foot slides around when he gets hit.
The beam was okay I guess...
I have never atempted a beam so this one looked okay.

Automaton
05-24-2008, 05:04 PM

[edit]
ok Blacky, ill try to fix the foot sliding and the speed of the ball, and i can try to make it less stiff, but im really bad at editing frames. and thanks about the beam :D

MrCheesy
05-24-2008, 05:09 PM
lol
I am horrible at editing frames, If I make little mistakes like that I usually just start all over again :P
Good luck with editing it.

Automaton
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
lol the thing that annoyes me the most is when you have to click next frame once youve edited one, then it goes to the end, and you have to go back and find where you were over and over again. is there any way to get around that?

MrCheesy
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Not that I know of....
But it would be good if there was.

GhostFace
05-24-2008, 05:32 PM
The camera at the beginning wasn't needed what so ever.
You've done it in near enough every animation you've done.
It only looks good in certain places.
I didn't like the close ups, try sizing down your animations to 2 instead of 1.

On a good note, I saw some good easing on there.

Automaton
05-24-2008, 05:47 PM
:D thanks. does this mean you believe the other is my anim then? (you said the easing was too good to be ine :p). and yeah thats why i originally made it as a test at camera movements as im bad at them so ill get practicing... erm... after my holiday, and ill be rusty then :(

Blot
05-24-2008, 09:58 PM
with editing u dnt need to click next frameu can just click on another frame that u want to edit..... works for me

Automaton
05-25-2008, 02:18 AM
youve got pivot 3 beta then. ive got 2.2.5