PDA

View Full Version : Statue

Invincitron
01-30-2013, 04:54 PM
Hi reader,

Custom Statues in Armory is good but I've been thinking of a way you could repair statues. Left click a Miner right click statue and should see a wrench... for praying right click on a rug where they usually pray. Make a rug people... this should work on the enemy statue, to attack it with miners as well. Thanks for listening.

.:Invincitron:.

KrayZStick
01-30-2013, 05:00 PM
This is a good idea,people have a chance to repair against rushes, but it's also bad because if you send all of your soldiers and your rush fails to destroy them, they can easily rebuild and you'll just lose :/

ShadowyWhisper
01-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Umm... so you're basically saying that you should be able to repair any damage done to your statue. Nice try.

FailingAtFailing
01-30-2013, 07:48 PM
I think it would work better if it cost mana or gold to repair it. Or even have to research an ability first.

ShadowyWhisper
01-30-2013, 08:21 PM
Called Resilience.

_Ai_
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Called Resilience.

But Resilience doesn't repair your statue. It just makes your statue have more HP

Azxc
01-31-2013, 02:11 AM
Statue shouldn't be able to be repaired
if you have a guy, such as, turtle his base with 6-7 giants....
you rushed it, failed
then you prepare for the 2nd rush, then you discover his statue is repaired
then you will rage quit :P

_Ai_
01-31-2013, 02:21 AM
At this, i half agree, half dont
Agree because :
You have an overwhelming army that you sacrifice some HP on the statue during start of game, and you go for the kill. All of a sudden you lose. Why? Because a shadowwrath sneakily got to your base, finishing the your 1 HP statue

Disagree because :
Being the opposite of ^, your only hope is to kill the statue, and sneakily got a ninja to the enemy statuee. Alas, the statue were fixed into perfect health. YOU. WILL. RAGE. QUIT.

FailingAtFailing
01-31-2013, 07:32 AM
What if you could only repair it to 10% of full health?

_Ai_
01-31-2013, 07:43 AM
I think researchable, cost mana and gold, long cooldown time and 20% HP.
How about this? ^

PsychoticCheez
01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Unnecessarily drags out the game with little to no strategic implication. Just no..

If a person has whittled down your statue to the point where 1 shinobi can take it out with one hit, then they deserve to win if they can get it there

FailingAtFailing
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
Unnecessarily drags out the game with little to no strategic implication. Just no..

If a person has whittled down your statue to the point where 1 shinobi can take it out with one hit, then they deserve to win if they can get it there

This one guy got pissed because he spearton rushed my statue but my dual castle archers, 2 giants and 12 archidons killed all his speartons and left my statue with a tiny sliver of health left. I then proceeded to regroup my forces back to the center just as I finished getting tower spawn 2 and owned him. I then proceeded to face him 2 or 3 more times after that. I only lost one of those and he tried to spearton rush in all the matches.

_Ai_
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM

Oh, about ninjas, does it deal more damage than usual when cloaked? and does the damage increase each time you hit the statue?

FailingAtFailing
01-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Oh, about ninjas, does it deal more damage than usual when cloaked? and does the damage increase each time you hit the statue?

I think ninjas can do a decent bit of damage to a statue with Shinobi.

Also, can someone tell me what the reaper does on a statue? Everytime I face someone with Chaos, they use Reaper on my statue as soon as they can.

_Ai_
01-31-2013, 10:08 AM
I think ninjas can do a decent bit of damage to a statue with Shinobi.

Also, can someone tell me what the reaper does on a statue? Everytime I face someone with Chaos, they use Reaper on my statue as soon as they can.

For ninjas, i don't think so.....
For Marrows, probaly for the huge ass range.

KillerPixel
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
I think researchable, cost mana and gold, long cooldown time and 20% HP.
How about this? ^ That seems reasonable, But would it be done with the miners or it just happens as you pay for it?

My edited idea:
It's works like research, you can boost your base up to 30% health. BUT, Each time you use it, (Max of 3) it gets more expensive each time you use it.

Example:

Building:
Church/Chapel/The Thing with Reslilsence
Name:
Re-construct (1-3)
Desc:
Recovers your statues damage to up to 30%.
Price:
1) 500 Gold 150 Mana
2) 800 Gold 300 Mana
3) 1100 Gold 450 Mana

Just and idea,
Be welcome to change it!

ShadowyWhisper
01-31-2013, 01:25 PM
But Resilience doesn't repair your statue. It just makes your statue have more HP

So you're saying if I start killing my enemy's statue and he repairs it that will take twice as long? And my leftover units would die from 3 Castle Archers? No, just no.