PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Dedicated Anti-Air Units.

Tecness2
01-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Okay, we all know air units are overpowered, but how overpowered are they?
Well, logically, a dead SHOULD be able to kill a wingadon in a 1 vs 1, no ability(poison) fight. It can't.
A Dead has more health, more armor, is anti-armor, and slower. Essentially, a tank.
A Wingadon has less health, no armor, faster, anti-un-armored. Essentially, a support.
With that being said, a dead with poison wins.

So, let's get onto the suggestion, shall we?

Starcraft 2 style!
Order:The Gryphon-Rider! It's a guy riding a gryphon, holding a spear.
Health: His health is between an Albowtross and a Spearton.
Speed: As fast as a Spearton
Damage: He does the same damage as a normal Albowtross(no blazing bolts). He can only attack air units.
Range: Melee. He pokes stuff
Armored: Yes
He has a special ability, that's research-able. 100-100-30. The Gryphon picks one enemy, non-giant unit up in it's claws for a short period of time, so other Gryphon riders can attack that unit.

Chaos:
The Dragon! It's a teenage dragon.
Health: A little bit less than a Spearton.
Speed: A little bit more than an Albowtross (The difference is the same as a Spearton and an Archidon).
Damage: Against Air units, he does 25% more damage than an Albowtross with Blazing Bolts. On the ground, he does 15% more damage than a Wingadon.
Range: Melee. He eats stuff.
Armored: No
Ability: He can switch between dedicated Anti-air to dedicated anti-armor, by landing on the ground.

OR

The Javelin Thrower! He throws pointy sticks.
Health: A little bit(10%) more than an Archidon
Speed: A little bit more(5%) than an Albowtross
Damage: Against Air units, he does 25% more damage than an Albowtross with Blazing Bolts.
Range: ONLY AIR UNITS.
Armored: No
Upgrades: Upgrades his pointy stick to a steel-tipped stick. Increases damage.

The Cursed Mage
Health: A little bit(5%) less then a Skeleton Mage
Speed: A little bit more(5%) than an Skeleton Mage
Damage: Against Air units, he does 25% more damage than a reap.
Range: ONLY AIR UNITS.
Armored: Yes
Upgrades: Adds poison to the energy ball.

WyzDM
01-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Would make things interesting, but there are ways to get out of the flyer spam currently. I do agree that an anti flying scheme should happen, but I'd go with a more basic approach: make a resource for a spearton/jugger unit to throw spears/battleaxe like the first game.

OR...

Make a resource to build catapults. Before anyone goes "What?" listen to this: I think there should be a couple more miner resources. This would make miners slightly more valuable as well, because you could take 2-3 with your army and have them build supporting structures for your units. It shouldn't be limited to the base. If you control the center tower, you control the stage. Of course, there will be anti units/resources for such things, but it would make the game slightly more... dynamic.

Never suggested anything but it may be a reasonable field to explore further.

I still like speartons throwing stuff.

FailingAtFailing
01-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Would make things interesting, but there are ways to get out of the flyer spam currently. I do agree that an anti flying scheme should happen, but I'd go with a more basic approach: make a resource for a spearton/jugger unit to throw spears/battleaxe like the first game.

OR...

Make a resource to build catapults. Before anyone goes "What?" listen to this: I think there should be a couple more miner resources. This would make miners slightly more valuable as well, because you could take 2-3 with your army and have them build supporting structures for your units. It shouldn't be limited to the base. If you control the center tower, you control the stage. Of course, there will be anti units/resources for such things, but it would make the game slightly more... dynamic.

Never suggested anything but it may be a reasonable field to explore further.

I still like speartons throwing stuff.

So Miners can build more support buildings? Like healing stations (*cough* Team Fortress *cough*)

I would agree, it would make miners more useful. Eventually you get to the point when most of your gold is mined and you have like 8 miners sitting around doing nothing.

WyzDM
01-31-2013, 09:46 PM
So Miners can build more support buildings? Like healing stations (*cough* Team Fortress *cough*)

Well not support stations off another game, but different stuff that would make things a little more unique.

I could be off my rocker. I probably am, it's almost midnight.

Azxc
02-01-2013, 01:48 AM
I think maybe we can allow archidons and zombie to do more damage on the flyers
or make an upgrade to improve their anti-air skill

Wing Shot: The archidons learn to shoot their wings instead of aiming on their body/armor, dealing 100% more damage on flyers

Sticky gut: The zombies add some mucus on their gut, the gut will stick on their wings, cause them to be more heavy and and they will fail on the ground, (deal 100% more damage on flyers)

maybe need 50 G 50 Mana to research, for 1 min

OR

flyers can be immortal when they have their meat shield eating all the stuffs, e.g. giants/speartons/knights

Arrow Rain: Shoot arrows into the sky and rain above the enemy, useful when your arrows are blocked by giants/speartons/knights, you can still hit the flyers behind them

For zombie, maybe "Gut Rain" lol

this suggestion is a bit strange :/

Xate
02-01-2013, 02:58 AM
Anti flyer... well magikill? With giant meatshield?...But they would take a while to load...And poison can only help in long maps... electric wall to slow... well...damn...I...gotta...stop...with...this...dot-dot...thing...

Juice Box
02-01-2013, 03:39 AM
D'ah, I've had it. I guess it's time for me to say it.

I would rather have Albowtross and Eclipsors to stay on the ground when they're built. If they want to fly, it'll cost a lot of mana.

So that way, they can't be permanently overpowered. The Albowtross, while on the ground, would have some sort of melee, like, I don't know, a mace. An Eclipsor would turn his bow into a bended sword by messing with it, or something.

I'll keep this idea as simple as that. What do you think?

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 07:59 AM
I think maybe we can allow archidons and zombie to do more damage on the flyers
or make an upgrade to improve their anti-air skill

Wing Shot: The archidons learn to shoot their wings instead of aiming on their body/armor, dealing 100% more damage on flyers

Sticky gut: The zombies add some mucus on their gut, the gut will stick on their wings, cause them to be more heavy and and they will fail on the ground, (deal 100% more damage on flyers)

maybe need 50 G 50 Mana to research, for 1 min

OR

flyers can be immortal when they have their meat shield eating all the stuffs, e.g. giants/speartons/knights

Arrow Rain: Shoot arrows into the sky and rain above the enemy, useful when your arrows are blocked by giants/speartons/knights, you can still hit the flyers behind them

For zombie, maybe "Gut Rain" lol

this suggestion is a bit strange :/

Gut Rain lol
But even if you have the rain abilities, if there was a giant, wouldn't it still would be able to block it?

isgood
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
maybe an ability where you can shoot the wings off flying units, making them on ground

kingkickass2013
02-02-2013, 06:11 AM

OR...

i agree with the making of more resources, such as lumber and iron and crystals. but with more resources their should be a lot more units and variety to the game to go along with this. and miner cities would be the main thing needed by everybody if this goes into effect