PDA

View Full Version : Third Empire - Bad idea?

Invincitron
01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Hi reader,

Well, do you think a Third Empire is really that good? If there was, I bet you'd like it free. Okay well personally I wouldn't like it. The Campaign tells the story and I think they should just stick with 2. Third will just mess everything up.

If they do add a Third Empire, think of changing the Campaign, story, units, game play, and the whole game to be completely changed. Right now, it's good. If you want Chaos, you need to pay, they need the money.

.:Invincitron:.

WyzDM
01-31-2013, 09:43 PM
A third empire would just be a great addition to an already fun game. Would sure mix things up a bit.

neckromorph
01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
alien race : O
that saying

jli
01-31-2013, 10:00 PM
I think it would really mix up the gameplay and make it more fun, but doesn't really go well with the idea they have in place. I mean, what would this third empire be called? You've already got "Order" and "Chaos", which are basically polar opposites. It's like having a ternary boolean value (http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/What_Is_Truth_0x3f_.aspx).

lntrepid
01-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I think the only way to keep with the "Order" and "Chaos" thing would be to have a "Balance" Empire, that uses both Chaos and Order technologies. I've already made a draft and finalized the units, but once it's done, there's really no way that there will be a fourth empire without changing up the whole Empire stuff.

uberman
01-31-2013, 11:30 PM
There is no reason why an overseas power couldnt come to the continent of imorta, and the campaign would be a historical event before the new arrical - no need to change anything.

It would be great for players if it was free, bur lrets get real - the game should (i assume) generate income.
So, I suggest for a week or two upon release all current members get access to the new race(they paid already) - THIS is IMPORTANT to play test the new race and trouble shoot any balance issues, its not fair to expect ppl to pay extra for a race that may be overpowered and get nerfed, or underpowered and get owned.

Long term, here may be three types of membership - chaos only ($3.99), new race only(3.99), both races (4.99).

So IMO there should be a new race, and it should be paid for.

Tecness2
01-31-2013, 11:51 PM
There is no reason why an overseas power couldnt come to the continent of imorta, and the campaign would be a historical event before the new arrical - no need to change anything.

It would be great for players if it was free, bur lrets get real - the game should (i assume) generate income.
So, I suggest for a week or two upon release all current members get access to the new race(they paid already) - THIS is IMPORTANT to play test the new race and trouble shoot any balance issues, its not fair to expect ppl to pay extra for a race that may be overpowered and get nerfed, or underpowered and get owned.

Long term, here may be three types of membership - chaos only ($3.99), new race only(3.99), both races (4.99).

So IMO there should be a new race, and it should be paid for.
IF they decide to make a third race, I assume it would be covered under the membership fee.

Azxc
02-01-2013, 01:53 AM
A third empire will be interesting :)
We just need to balance it

Juice Box
02-01-2013, 03:35 AM
I agree with Invincitron completely.

Why bother making a third empire? It would just mess things up, even more.

Instead, why not upgrade what you already have, now? Instead of making a third empire, why not give Order and Chaos fifteen units each?

Also, a third empire, the name alone would already prove an enormous problem, since Balance doesn't fit the story. So what units could it possibly have that would fit?

But let's say it is added. I'd say the closest possible theme for it would be... well, we've got demonic beings (Hell), we've got a democratic kingdom (Earth), what's missing is some sort of band that is the opposite of Chaos that is also the opposite of Order. That would be some sort of Nature-themed group, or some sort of Holy-themed group. The problem with the nature-themed empire, though, is the name. It doesn't have a proper name. That, and I'd think a race filled only with walking trees and earthborn warriors wouldn't fit a world of stick figures.

So, the Holy-themed group would be your best bet. It's the opposite of Order, in a way, and is definitely the opposite of Chaos. They would have some kind of angelic warriors, like a few angels that can fly, or something like that. But the problem? How can we make them fight Order? Alright, fine, we can say this group joined in because Order and Chaos was tearing the land, but let's face it--in the end, they would be seen allies of Order, and that doesn't help the whole "Let's end this" between Order and Chaos.

So, back to my point: What would you rather have?

Order having fifteen or more units, with Chaos being the same? Or
A new faction with ten units, while Order and Chaos would also have ten units.

I'm personally with the idea of upgrading Order and Chaos with new races. It's nice to see the alliance between the two. And I think some of you would agree.

Triss
02-01-2013, 05:04 AM
I made a holy-themed units.
You could see it at:http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?50705-New-race-Idea-the-Divine&p=869009#post869009

KrayZStick
02-01-2013, 08:45 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!.... How bout in Stick War 3, Order & Chaos is free, but a new third empire will appear, and you'll pay for that?

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 08:57 AM
WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!.... How bout in Stick War 3, Order & Chaos is free, but a new third empire will appear, and you'll pay for that?

What if I tell you.....That the third SW isn't going to be made?
At least in my opinion

KillerPixel
02-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Remember Stick War 2 and Stick Empires are seperate games, Crazy Jay could bring out Stick war 3 with more Races/Empires and just add them to Stick Empire. It would not ruin the Story line because Inamorta is not the entire world. Stick War is the story of Inamorta, Stick Empires could be the online game with all the races.

He could easily bring out a new game on the same game engine and add more empires and story lines, It could be REALLY fun. I can't wait for Stick Empires to be improved and added. I would happily pay for more, even if he did give it for free. I would be suprised if he didn't continue the Stick War/Empires series without more races.

Jombloxx
02-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Remember Stick War 2 and Stick Empires are seperate games, Crazy Jay could bring out Stick war 3 with more Races/Empires and just add them to Stick Empire. It would not ruin the Story line because Inamorta is not the entire world. Stick War is the story of Inamorta, Stick Empires could be the online game with all the races.

He could easily bring out a new game on the same game engine and add more empires and story lines, It could be REALLY fun. I can't wait for Stick Empires to be improved and added. I would happily pay for more, even if he did give it for free. I would be suprised if he didn't continue the Stick War/Empires series without more races.

Moar races = moar work.Remember how much time it cost him to make ORDER and CHAOS in order to balance them :3

Did i LOLED?

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Moar races = moar work.Remember how much time it cost him to make ORDER and CHAOS in order to balance them :3

Jombloxx, you took my words :3
@KillerPixel, Even SW2 took a long time to make and is still in testing (I guess?). So SW3 isn't going to come anytime soon

Jombloxx
02-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Jombloxx, you took my words :3
@KillerPixel, Even SW2 took a long time to make and is still in testing (I guess?). So SW3 isn't going to come anytime soon
man im a medium O_O Really?
I dunno LOL

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I think they should make Stick War 3. :/

Jombloxx
02-01-2013, 01:32 PM
I think they should make Stick War 3. :/

Even SW2 took a long time to make and is still in testing (I guess?). So SW3 isn't going to come anytime soon

:B :3 XD

KrayZStick
02-01-2013, 03:08 PM
It's not like they AREN'T going to make a Stick War 3, and if they do they should just update it so Stick Empires goes to Stick War 3 format and etc.

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
It's not going to come out since Stick War I took 2 years to make. Stick War 2 took 8 years to make. So it's cubed every time. 8 cubed is 512, and CrazyJay and all of us would be dead by then :/

DragonFrost
02-01-2013, 03:39 PM
How did you find that logic...

jli
02-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Ummmm..... no.

That's just wrong.

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Well, we would at least have to wait 32 years because 8 x 4 = 32. I guess I was exaggerating a bit with the cubing.

lntrepid
02-01-2013, 05:06 PM
... this isn't a math class...

Invincitron
03-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Hi reader,

This post means nothing. Just to make this thread alive again.
IGNORE THIS MESSAGE

.:Invincitron:.