PDA

View Full Version : Can we lose the finishing moves all together?

Narsheh
02-01-2013, 05:34 PM
A really unfair advantage for those players who don't buy Chaos.

Alright, here's what's been happening to me this whole time:

35-45 swordwraths with rage (me) vs 10-15 speartons with finishing move

And guess who won? The speartons.

When they enter finishing move phase, it's all like "OH STOP THERE, LET ME KILL THIS GUY FIRST IN MY INVINCIBILITY STATE, THEN I'LL KILL THE REST LATER"

It stalls time for my swordwraths, and I have to keep enabling rage just to have a fighting chance with him (which drains my swordwraths' HP in the process).

At the end of the match, a quote by the enemy player says "lol i overpower you gg"

WyzDM
02-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Don't waste your rage. But you make a valid point that during finishing moves, they are unable to take damage.

isgood
02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
don't press rage too much

Narsheh
02-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, I don't press rage all the time.

Only when they lose their red aura, I'll put them on rage again with 1 click.

But, it's still a pain and I'll still have the losing advantage.

isgood
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
i do notice that when you press rage, sometimes the swordwrath stop for a second ( a second is a lot) and also attack speartons one at a time( make all your swordwrath center on one spearton in the group, then another, and so on

KillerPixel
02-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I kind of get your point but it's not like that single spearton is killing more of your than if it did if it didn't have a finishinh move, I don't belive it give anyone an upper hand. I still hope they add more finishing moves becuase it gives a better feel to the game and it does look damn awesome.

Sorry,
I just don't think that a few seconds of it not getting hurt or hurting any players can change an entire game, If they did remove finishing moves I would start a petition of players to get them added back in.

Tecness2
02-01-2013, 06:41 PM
1: While the Spearton is invincible during that state, he can not do any damage to anyone else. Select another target.
2: 35-45 swords can beat 10-15 Speartons without rage...depending on the numbers that is.
3: Great quote.

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm guessing by finishing move you mean Shield Wall? Get Archers, since they can't move in Shield Wall and aren't in range of Shield Bash.

DragonFrost
02-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Finishing moves are not shield wall... They are animations of certain units killing another unit.

KrayZStick
02-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I'm guessing by finishing move you mean Shield Wall? Get Archers, since they can't move in Shield Wall and aren't in range of Shield Bash.
Go play the campaign, there are finishing moves there,
spearton killing a sword = spearton stabs sword through the head with spear
spearton killing juggerknight = bashes shields, jumps up and stabs through head with spear
juggerknight killing sword = drops axe and stabs him with his own sword
etc, there are others i think but i'm not going to list them all

MiamiBigAL
02-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I fully agree with the op. Finishing moves are unnecessary fluff and offer a tactical advantage to paying players.

The best way to mitigate the damage is by doing what Tec says, "changing target". However, changing target does not solve the problem completely as there is a delay every time you try and change target, reducing your overall dps. However, hopefully this is countered by the fact that the spearton is also out of action during the finishing move, which could also otherwise be adding to the opponent's dps.

The problem can more or less be handled with advanced micro, but it's such an unnecessary feature of the game.

stickman311
02-01-2013, 11:30 PM
you forgot spearton jabbing the crawler(guess you didn't reach there)

WyzDM
02-01-2013, 11:41 PM
I say enable a feature to turn em off. Playing against someone who has them off will disable them for both players.

_Ai_
02-01-2013, 11:46 PM
Well, you can avoid the finishing move. Just garrison the single sword and the spears will follow. Annihilate the speartons if they were chasing the sword(Which is stupid to do).

stickman311
02-01-2013, 11:50 PM
well than the one that wants them on will coplain its off

kingkickass2013
02-02-2013, 05:52 AM
i do believe the online mode needs these finishing moves gone, but the actual campaign like crazy explained earlier, should keep the finishing moves just to keep the epic parts of the campaign alive.