PDA

View Full Version : A Bunch of Questions

malbence
02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I have always had a major problem with whether to use an archer and a sword or three miners on extremely short stages.

If I use an archer and a sword, I have no economy, but I control army, until he gets a castle archer (if he's smart/lucky, which he normally is at ratings 1600-1700), and hopefully I can recover lost economy in the time it takes for him to get back that 300 gold put into a castle archer.

If I use 3 miners I can probably get enough money to garrison and make a castle archer, if the enemy makes offensive units, but if they make a spearton I'm screwed, because the Spearton could go back and forth and harass my economy until it dies, by which point I'd not be surprised if another Spearton had been made.

Side topics:

Is the castle archer splash damage OP to anyone else? Especially to swordwrath, because just one of them can obliterate a few swordwraths in seconds. Also, castle archers have craaazy logic. It seems that sometimes they aim for the close Speartons and swords, but other times at archers and winged archers.

And can anyone help: I've read that when you capture the tower you control the field, but I'm actually really nervous at the tower cause I know that I should be making ghosts, but I have no clue when because if I do, and then the opponent kills it and overruns the tower (because I'd have lost time + money on the ghost), I lose the tower and the gold and mana. Also generally how many miners should I have and how quickly/soon should I have them all out?

TL;DR

What's better, archer + sword, or 3 miners in short rounds?

Castle archer splash damage mauls swords and has weird aim.

How do I better control the tower?

FailingAtFailing
02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
I use archer and sword. If I use 3 miners I get overun

If you have even the spearton ghost, start getting archers. Use them to support ghost. Retreat them when the ghost is about to die. Even put them just outside castle archer range or in range to fire on 2nd gold row to disable it, slowing enemy economy.

This game is about offense. Once you have been pushed to defence, you have lost 99% of the time.

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 08:19 PM
The problem with using Archer/Sword is that you lose quite easily to Spearton Rush, especially since you're behind 50 gold economically.

KrayZStick
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
uh no? by the time the spearton reaches you, you could've gotten 3 swords and one archer, which can easily beat a spearton.

isgood
02-01-2013, 09:16 PM
uh no? by the time the spearton reaches you, you could've gotten 3 swords and one archer, which can easily beat a spearton.

or just 4 swords

Galeforce
02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
General rule of thumb: Make what is needed to control the tower comfortably, and then buy Tower Spawn.

MiamiBigAL
02-01-2013, 10:44 PM
On short maps, always go sword/archer. Add more swords to protect your economy against spearton rush (which is even more of a horrible tactic in the new patch).

Azxc
02-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Is the castle archer splash damage OP to anyone else? Especially to swordwrath, because just one of them can obliterate a few swordwraths in seconds. Also, castle archers have craaazy logic. It seems that sometimes they aim for the close Speartons and swords, but other times at archers and winged archers.

Castle archer aims the first target who entered his range

And yeah, castle archer owns my swordwraths :<
The things that I scared are castle archers, flyers and magikill XD

But there is a way to anti-castle archer, I'll let you have a guess :3

stickman311
02-01-2013, 11:25 PM
spearton sheild wall then sword charge.LIKE HOW DOES YOUR SWORDS beat their army and miners?

WyzDM
02-02-2013, 12:08 AM
Archer sword.

I know nothing.

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
"Nothing"

WyzDM
02-02-2013, 12:10 AM
"Nothing"

Hey I know you.

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Hey I know you.

Hey I know you too

WyzDM
02-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Hey I know you too

I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to nothing.

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 12:34 AM
I was talking for nothing.

WyzDM
02-02-2013, 12:56 AM
I was talking for nothing.

Well thanks for nothing, you interrupted me.

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 01:06 AM
Look! You made nothing angry!

Xate
02-02-2013, 02:24 AM
THERE'S NOTHING HERE SO SHUT UP BOTH OF NOTHING!

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Nothing is so poor.

stickman311
02-02-2013, 04:13 AM
hate to break it but your going off topic

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 04:17 AM
hate to break it but your going off topic

WHY YOU! YOU EVIL STICKMAN, I SHALL BANISH YOU!

stickman311
02-02-2013, 04:21 AM
haha LOL u don't know where i live

PsychoticCheez
02-02-2013, 07:04 AM
On topic

Sword archer is superior to 3 miners on short maps.

Yes, castle archer hard counters swordwrath.

Control the tower by having a stronger military.

ShadowyWhisper
02-02-2013, 07:46 AM
On short maps, always go sword/archer. Add more swords to protect your economy against spearton rush (which is even more of a horrible tactic in the new patch).

Wait, Al. So on Castle, once, I attacked with Sword/Archer, and my opponent Garrisoned his miners while waiting for Spearton to load. I had already made another Sword, but 2 Swords and 1 Archer isn't much of a competition... And if I had made miners that would have been even worse.

DragonFrost
02-02-2013, 07:56 AM
YOU MAKE ME MAD WITH YOUR NOOB QUESTIONS SHADOWYWHISPER...

Jombloxx
02-02-2013, 07:58 AM
YOU MAKE ME MAD WITH YOUR NOOB QUESTIONS SHADOWYWHISPER...

Know that feel bro.:D

WyzDM
02-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Wait, Al. So on Castle, once, I attacked with Sword/Archer, and my opponent Garrisoned his miners while waiting for Spearton to load. I had already made another Sword, but 2 Swords and 1 Archer isn't much of a competition... And if I had made miners that would have been even worse.

That's why you don't make miners. When you charge his base and see only 2 miners (either on or off mana) He's clearly spearton rushing. He can't try for a ninja on a short map because you'd kill him before he had the chance. So, that makes the next logical step to produce more swordwrath, and dance around with your archer. If he charges you to your base, set the miners on retaliation and do some work, always moving the guy he's attacking. If he starts targeting your miners, send em back (You really want to be close to the garrison). He will be forced to leave (and sooner with a 3rd swordwrath).