PDA

View Full Version : Albow giant mix?

isgood
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
How do you beat people who start off with miner cities wiht walls and castle archer, then mass a mix of fully upgrade giants and albow because im having trouble with them

FailingAtFailing
02-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Tower spawn as meatshield for archers, fire arrows, always have archers just outside castle Archer range. You disable HALF their potential gold.

Once they DO have giant albow mix, idk what to do. I've tried a few things with no success.

isgood
02-01-2013, 06:51 PM
w
Tower spawn as meatshield for archers, fire arrows, always have archers just outside castle Archer range. You disable HALF their potential gold.

Once they DO have giant albow mix, idk what to do. I've tried a few things with no success.

I find it really hard to economy harass when there are walls. It's easier to do that when they have 3 castle archerers then when they have 1-2 castle archer and 1-2 wall

FailingAtFailing
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM
I find it really hard to economy harass when there are walls. It's easier to do that when they have 3 castle archerers then when they have 1-2 castle archer and 1-2 wall

Walls are easy to destroy. They must be put atleast somewhere between the second and first row of gold. At that range, the archers can still hit them while still being out of range of castle archers. So just leave your archers there and imagine their face after they realise they lost 200 gold.

Just remember to kite if a spearton comes out.

jli
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Camp some archers out right outside of castle archer range. They'll chip away at the wall and slowly make him waste his gold on building more walls. Use fire arrows to force him out to battle via outranging.

Keep in mind that he's starting with a miner city and turtling right from the start, which means you already have a big advantage. In order to convert this advantage to a win, keep on the offensive. Pressure his walls with archers. Force him to train melee units to defend the walls. Get ghost to tank damage and kite. If he gets an albatross out, shoot it dead with archers (they have better range) and kite (they have better speed). Get some speartons as meatshields for your archers and to swarm the giants, if he ever gets any.

FailingAtFailing
02-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Camp some archers out right outside of castle archer range. They'll chip away at the wall and slowly make him waste his gold on building more walls. Use fire arrows to force him out to battle via outranging.

Keep in mind that he's starting with a miner city and turtling right from the start, which means you already have a big advantage. In order to convert this advantage to a win, keep on the offensive. Pressure his walls with archers. Force him to train melee units to defend the walls. Get ghost to tank damage and kite. If he gets an albatross out, shoot it dead with archers (they have better range) and kite (they have better speed). Get some speartons as meatshields for your archers and to swarm the giants, if he ever gets any.

This

Also, put a giant right on top of your archers. The giant will absorb ALL bolts fired at the archers.

wmls
02-01-2013, 07:43 PM
You get middle, you get more gold. You don't have to research castle archer/build walls, you have more gold. Now take all that gold and put it into workers and you have what ? MORE GOLD.

You think you have the upper hand in terms of skill:

Now take all that GOLD and max out way earlier, research ghost spawn I and strike and just overwhelm your enemy.

You feel the enemy is a decent match or way better than you in terms of skill :

Now take all that GOLD and max out way earlier and stay in the middle and bide your time until you get Ghost Spawn II to go for the jugular. You will trade blows before that for sure. Then it comes down to army composition / micro but you should have amassed more resources by that time and have a good handicap in your favor in terms of reinforcing your army. If you stay on top of your game you will eventually stop his advancement and slowly wrestle him to the ground. That is how I usually get the better of players who are better than me.

DragonFrost
02-01-2013, 07:50 PM
wmls is correct. The middle gives a huge advantage if used correctly. Ghost spearton with a few archidons can wreak havoc! Also, the gold helps too. Plus, you can spy on them as you are on the offensive.

ShadowyWhisper
02-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Here's my understanding.

If you drag out the game so long that both players are maxed out on population, your armies will be relatively equal. Of course, you will fight for the middle because Tower Spawn gives you an advantage. But some players use Walls/Castle archers, which give you even MORE of an advantage if you have 2 Walls and 3 Castle Archers. So, don't let it drag too long. Destroy the walls and kill your opponent as quickly as possible. You have 2 Spearton, he has 6 Miners. ATTACK!!

Azxc
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
The key point is, economic harassment
Don't let him make that whole army
Don't camp at the middle, and don't use too many giants, Whisper

ShadowyWhisper
02-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Exactly what I said, except I said it better and made my points clearer. Also, I have that exact post on my other Offensive Strategies post.

PsychoticCheez
02-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Economic harrassment is not as simplified as made out.

It's a very delicate balance between several things:

1. Investing in economy
2. Investing in troops to harrass
3. Investing in a late-game army strong enough to withstand both the opponent's army AND castle archers
4. Investing in the tower spawn

For example, if you invest too much gold into flimsy archers (for economy harrassment), you'll be very hard pressed to break his defense as soon as he has a few albows/giants, and if his army consists of giants + albows whilst yours is full of speartons + archidons, his army quality is simply much better and you'll likely lose, even with the ghost giant.

However if you don't keep his economy in check with harrassment and invest in giants too early, you leave yourself open to a counter attack which could cost you the tower, and perhaps the game.

You could also end up spending too little or too much on your economy. Too little and your economy harrassment will not be worth enough (as you'll have relatively the same income) and thus his higher army quality wins. Too much and you risk having his troop numbers surpass yours; result being that you lose the tower, and the game.

If this balance is kept right, you should find that the enemy won't be able to use his outer rim of gold (or, at least, he'll need to build a ton of walls that makes it not worth being able to mine from the outer rim).
Thus, your economy is superior and you'll be able to build more troops at once, and you can start launching your assault with an army just under twice the size of his.
Easy game.

ShadowyWhisper
02-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Well, yeah, that is correct. But really, if you let him build Giants/Allbowtrosses, which take a long time to load and are costly, then you're probably not doing a very good job of economy harassment. Plus, using too many Miners isn't very necessary, because if you start building your army early, then chances are your army will be stronger than your opponent's for at least the Mid-Game, where you can attack if you see he has less defense than your offense.

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 07:45 AM
The key point is, economic harassment
Don't let him make that whole army
Don't camp at the middle, and don't use too many giants, Whisper

Using 4 Giants is perfectly okay if your opponent has no ShadowWrath or some tanks with Allbowtross at back.

http://pastebin.com/qX9cBXqN

wmls
02-03-2013, 11:58 AM
ShadowyWhisper please refrain from giving advice, honestly, I closed that game at 4mins when your enemy had 6 workers.

KrayZStick
02-03-2013, 09:13 PM
If he just uses Giants and Albas, you should:
Use Magikills,
Use Giants too!,
Use Mix of Speartons and Swordwraiths,
Use Some of your own Albos (because archidons suck)

jli
02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
What? Archidons are the perfect early game support unit.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 11:00 PM
What? Archidons are the perfect early game support unit.

Only early game. Unless you are a pro archer like frost

DragonFrost
02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Pro archer: SPAM ARCHIDONS!!!!! WOOT! Also, you must have good micro (lag affects it T.T)