PDA

View Full Version : Shield wall is underpowered

isgood
02-01-2013, 08:52 PM
why shield wall is underpowered:
The main reason why it is underpowered is that you can't do anything, only shield bash, but thats only if you have it. The damage decrease is only
40% and i think it should be 50%-60%. And any unit can just run past it and kill your support units if you don't have shield bash, making it useless

KrayZStick
02-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Not really, it'd be unfair because if you have one castle archer, and the enemy has 1 spearton and a few other soldiers, the spearton can tank the archer for a while with shield wall on, and the other units won't be harmed because the archer will only focus on the spearton. It's already op as it is.

kingkickass2013
02-02-2013, 06:07 AM
shield bash is tactical yes but it serves no good purpose in the war when your in lead, it doesn't even stop the enemy unit like the owner of this thread explained earlier, they should at least make it so if you have 6 in a horizontal row no enemy can pass them

Juice Box
02-02-2013, 06:14 AM
... Why do you think Shield Bash is here?

Honestly, that "walking past your Speartons" was a problem for me. Then I actually tried out Shield bash. It helps. Keep the enemy stunned long enough for us to counterattack. When they get back to speed, I bash 'em again.

Shield Wall is fine, the way it is, for me.

_Ai_
02-02-2013, 06:23 AM
shield bash is useful when defending, but not when attacking.

Juice Box
02-02-2013, 06:29 AM
shield bash is useful when defending, but not when attacking.

Works fine for both for me. I push them back to their base.

I'm serious, I do that. My twelve Speartons get split into two groups--six each. While one group is shield-bashing the enemy, the next would be ready for their turn to shield bash. It's pretty easy for me to find which is in group one and group two--well, not really. While one group prepares to shield bash, the other group is fighting the enemy. Once the first group finishes the shield bash, the second group prepares for their position, and bam!

I repeat the process while I have a line of Archidons and a few Shadowrath to aid me. I don't do this often, though, but you get the point.

ShadowyWhisper
02-02-2013, 07:44 AM
With Shield Wall, all I do is use it as a defensive/tanking line in front of my ranged units. Shield Bash is in case you have some other units trying to rush past.

KillerPixel
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Just leave it as it is, There are too many strong opinions on both sides. Both are valid but we should just leave it as it is.