PDA

View Full Version : Miner Citiers?

Bladed Fire
02-03-2013, 12:29 AM
How to beat miner citiers in long maps that have castle archer early and have a balanced economy even when he bought the castle archer. And mostly they spam Albowtross and Speartons and have a wall which I need to have tower spawn to damage them a bit. They mostly have three castle archers and stay defensive that force me to attack which I lose.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 06:39 AM
How to beat miner citiers in long maps that have castle archer early and have a balanced economy even when he bought the castle archer. And mostly they spam Albowtross and Speartons and have a wall which I need to have tower spawn to damage them a bit. They mostly have three castle archers and stay defensive that force me to attack which I lose.

Seems like my strategy

Bladed Fire
02-03-2013, 07:57 AM
Seems like my strategy

Not yours but they stay defensive, not like you. After my troops died after attacking, he immidiately capture the central pillar and summon out a fully grown ghost giant.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Not yours but they stay defensive, not like you. After my troops died after attacking, he immidiately capture the central pillar and summon out a fully grown ghost giant.

They improvised with mine, and make it more superior than mine.
Mad also beating me lol

Bladed Fire
02-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Lol, if I didn't attack, it will take a long time and I will surrender lol.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Lol, if I didn't attack, it will take a long time and I will surrender lol.

Just go for a sword and stay there. Make speartons and alba. If their defense is strong enough, retreat. Make ghosts, and Albas go with it. Constant pressure.

MAY work.

PsychoticCheez
02-03-2013, 08:28 AM
It's not the biggest map, but it's the only example of a "miner city" as you defined it, that I had saved. In the sense that my opponent was defensive from the get-go.

http://tny.cz/a02abd99

I'm not going to go into detail about why what I did worked, etc blahblahblah. If you want to find out you'll have to watch it again and again.

Note that I'm consistently preventing him from using his outer rim of gold (or at least, I'm trying to).

EDIT: You need to go to the very beginning of the code and change the bit that says 1.41 to 1.42 (or whatever the current patch version is).

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Miner Cities are hard to build. If he has 1 Castle Archer, a few Spearton can easily get past and kill his Walls, Miners, etc. But if you gave him enough time to build 3, in essence, your opponent would have to gather 1900 gold for Castle Archers, without building any army during this period of time. This means your army is MUCH stronger and is already somewhat completed. Attack. Really, that's all I can say. Everyone I have encountered who uses a Miner City, has lost. Also, I will show you some turtling, which didn't work at all, by the way, for my opponent.

http://pastebin.com/qX9cBXqN

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Attack, stop at the middle. Build a few miners, get ghost spearton ASAP. Next, depending on if your ghost sees what the enemy is building, counter it, if not, then build your usual army (hopefully it's good :p). Build defenses (in case they rush you), get second ghost spawn (max upgraded). Don't attack. Make sure you get passive income 3. If they camp at their base, you camp at the middle (leave some units to guard the statue though). You have a better income than them even if all the gold is used (from gold mines). You win.

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Um... yeah but the problem is that he can't build a better army than his opponent. :P And plus if you're attacking he has the advantage of castle archers. So don't wait too long and kill him if you have the chance, which is when he is building the Castle Archers and Walls.

jli
02-03-2013, 10:29 AM
My personal favorite (note: just because I like it doesn't mean it's the most effective method I can think of, it's just the most fun :D):
Camp out right outside castle archer range, get Tower Spawn II, get a fully upgraded magikill. Go nuts.

FailingAtFailing
02-03-2013, 03:47 PM
Human Shield, archidons.

Get the tower spawn. When it goes at their base, have your archidons use it as a human shield to absorb arrows. Put archidons waiting just outside castle archer range too. That'll disable second row of gold mines and destroy any miner walls they make. If they get a unit or two out to defend, kite a bit, kill it.

KrayZStick
02-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Ways to beat castle archer
1. Get Tower Spawn (as meat shield)
2. Get Spearton with Shield Wall, and while archer's shooting at spearton, attack with swordwraith\
3. Get Ranged units and put them far enough away so the castle archer can't shoot them but so your in range of their 2nd row of gold, so they can't mine past the first row.

Bladed Fire
02-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Just met one again... he's favored, but he albowtross mass with blazing bolts that harass my troops and I surrendered...

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Dude, just make sure you kill him before he makes all of those. Also, Electric Wall works Marvelously against Allbowtrosses, can kill them in an instant, plus poison. If it's PURE Allbowtrosses, a few Giants should do the job, along with a few Archidon and healers.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 08:27 PM
Miner cities SUCK!!! You can get a better economy than them if you get the middle, plus you have ghost, small army (they have 3 castle archers instead), so you have the advantage. Why is it so hard to beat them?

Bladed Fire
02-03-2013, 08:27 PM
No, 6 Albowtrosses or more, 3 GIants and 2 Merics plus a Ghost Giant.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 11:58 PM
The mistake they make is making 3 castle archer.
For me, 1 castle archer, wall and spam miners lol

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
For some reason you like to end your words with lol.

_Ai_
02-05-2013, 12:22 AM
For some reason you like to end your words with lol.

I know lol

ShadowyWhisper
02-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Well anyone who bought 3 castle archers are spending 1900 gold.

malbence
02-05-2013, 03:43 PM
But da splash damage, mon.

StickWarrior14
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
If there's going to do that, then they would not have have anything to defend themselves besides walls and castle archers. Just put pressure on them throughout the game. If they're trying to giant mass doing this, then they will be defenseless for the first 5 minutes of the game. Use that to your advantage.

PUMU
02-06-2013, 08:38 AM
-3- how do they start off?

ShadowyWhisper
02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
By 1 Castle/Miner.

DragonFrost
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Big maps: either 2 miners, than after the first 2 miners finish mining, buy castle archer. OR, buy 3 miners, and wait until you have 300 gold.