PDA

View Full Version : Miner Wall Glitch

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 09:52 AM
OK, This has bugged me since the Alpha and I thought some one else would make a post on this.

EVERYTIME, A miner wall gets destroyed (Not removed) it makes a sound as if a person/swordwrath has died. Please can this be fixed it's only annoyed me a little but after months it kinda pisses me off.

Thx,
Mike

malbence
02-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Hahaha I love it.

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Hahaha I love it.
Why do you like it?

malbence
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
S'funny.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 01:50 PM
It's not a glitch, but it is funny.

isgood
02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Sometimes blood comes out to the wall too

kingkickass2013
02-03-2013, 02:51 PM
ive seen the blood too, it bugs me a bit that an inanimate object yells out as if it were a person who died. its funny but it doesn't belong

wait a minute, does this mean turrets sound like a crawler dieing?

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 02:55 PM
Oh yes, I always remember since Alpha Testing Stage that the Wall would die like a person.

And how do you destroy your walls? Sometimes it's nearly gone and I want to make another one?

jli
02-03-2013, 03:23 PM
You click on it, then click on the top-left item in the abilities grid (the grey x).

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 04:00 PM
ive seen the blood too, it bugs me a bit that an inanimate object yells out as if it were a person who died. its funny but it doesn't belong

wait a minute, does this mean turrets sound like a crawler dieing?

The turret (as weak as it is) actually works fine, It's weak but it works. The miner wall is acting like a living thing, Bleeding, Screaming and worst of all it does all thiss but doens't fight.

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 04:20 PM
In traditional spiked wooden walls by the Greeks and Romans, the walls were on fire, causing damage to anyone near it.

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 05:17 PM
In traditional spiked wooden walls by the Greeks and Romans, the walls were on fire, causing damage to anyone near it.

OOoooohhh, That gave me an idea for the Empire I'm designing. I'll make a post soon. I havn't really thought of it all, But when I do I'll make drafts of them in pivot.

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Crazyjay and brock should remove it when they feel like it.
However, we dont know how much programming would go into it.

I do know they should do it whenever they want, But to quote you "WE don't know hwo much programing would go into it." Actually I do know quite alot about games designing (Taking GCSEs in Computer science and games design) and removing a sound after the wall gets destroyed would be really simple, Just take activating the sound out of the code. Simple. It could be slipped into the next update.

KillerPixel
02-03-2013, 06:24 PM
But each game is designed differently. For all we know, the blood animation could be tied to a crapload of triggers. Important triggers.
We need a hacker to hack into stickwar 2 (single player) and find how its coded.

Again, "For all WE know" It's for all you know, If you read the development blog while it was in development for 4 years due to they could only work full time during the summer. You would know that it was made basicly with a coding and frame animation system so you could simply change the code. And blood animations are only slightly more complex then a single death sound.

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
... Alright can we stop talking about this. And we don't need anyone to HACK, just tell CrazyJay. Jeez.

300noob
02-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Ya don't need anyone to hack but the single player have already been hacked.
with different versions and heck, those hack work for enemy too lol

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 11:18 PM
This is not even a glitch. It was programmed this way (I guess?)
And I like it. Funny as hell

KillerPixel
02-04-2013, 10:07 AM
This is not even a glitch. It was programmed this way (I guess?)
And I like it. Funny as hell

I only brought it up so brock or CrazyJay would notice then Exxmorphing made it as if I was commanding them to do more work.