PDA

View Full Version : lag forfeit, honestly, REALLY, WTF, WHY DO YOU EXIST!!!!!

kingkickass2013
02-03-2013, 06:32 PM
everybody hates lag yes but, the lag forfeit really makes it so nobody can win, LAG IS INEVITABLE. it makes it so that in order to play this awesome game you must have a computer from the future

it unnecessary and unfair to those with not as good computers, THIS IS A BRAND NEW COMPUTER I'M ON AND IT STILL LAG FORFEITS ME. what do you all think of the lag forfeit

(why hasn't anybody complained about this yet)

KrayZStick
02-03-2013, 06:37 PM
1. Don't play
2. Get new computer
3. Upgrade Internet

ShadowyWhisper
02-03-2013, 06:49 PM
Well, if you're playing someone like fr0st, then lag forfeit is good because it is very difficult to play if your opponent has lag.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Ikr, everyone knows i lag (even shadowywhisper who played me once XD)

WyzDM
02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
You wanna play peeps with dial-up? I don't.

300noob
02-03-2013, 07:36 PM
The forfeit cuz of lag shouldn't count to the rank and win lose thingy (AKA: Profile)....Maybe it still count as a win but it doesn't count as a lose for the person got lagged out.

FailingAtFailing
02-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Don't play on a Potato

PotatOS sucks.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Patatoes? I heard they run faster than normal computers... AND they're cheaper!

jli
02-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I agree, somewhat. I think lags should count as a draw, like in chess. Ratings should work accordingly as well.

FailingAtFailing
02-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Patatoes? I heard they run faster than normal computers... AND they're cheaper!

Really? What kind of potato are you using? Do you have one of those amazing and reliable Irish Potatoes? I bet kingkickass2013 is using an Apple Potato. Don't use Apple, they suck.

kingkickass2013
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
your talking about CPUs right, not something else

(if you are talking about the CPU type mines an Hp pavilion a839n)

FailingAtFailing
02-03-2013, 08:16 PM
your talking about CPUs right, not something else

(if you are talking about the CPU type mines an Hp pavilion a839n)

No, we're talking about potatoes, they're amazing things. I've seen people record things like the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot with potatoes. Potatoes are good recording devices and computers and also a good food.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I agree. Those stupid scientists, messing up the potato gene with apple genes... I use the Pure Potato, it's almost as good as the Irish Potato.

FailingAtFailing
02-03-2013, 08:28 PM
I agree. Those stupid scientists, messing up the potato gene with apple genes... I use the Pure Potato, it's almost as good as the Irish Potato.

I'm even posting this from an Irish Potato. They're so good, I never lag in any game. Pure Potatoes are nice too. I used to have one. But this Irish one is total pwn.

DragonFrost
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
I agree, the Pure Potato is good, but it gets laggy when connecting with a different type of potato.

KrayZStick
02-03-2013, 09:08 PM
You guys are tards sometimes :mad:

uberman
02-03-2013, 10:44 PM
I agree, somewhat. I think lags should count as a draw, like in chess. Ratings should work accordingly as well.

Thats a good idea, but then we'd open an exploit - when a player is being beaten, he can close the window to cause a lag out, and so avoid a loss, while cheating the winning player out of a win.

_Ai_
02-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Laggers will choose 1st opt.
Masters choose 2nd opt
Riches choose 3rd opt.

Am I right?

uberman
02-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Laggers will choose 1st opt.
Masters choose 2nd opt
Riches choose 3rd opt.

Am I right?

You right only if you count me as a master, cos I voted for 2 :)

_Ai_
02-04-2013, 01:57 AM
You right only if you count me as a master, cos I voted for 2 :)

Half master half noob?

uberman
02-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Half master half noob?

Very true on the second half. :)

_Ai_
02-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Anything you say~

DragonFrost
02-04-2013, 07:17 AM
I voted one obviously. Also, uberman, to prevent exploiting...
WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT SO YOU DON'T LAG WHEN YOU CLOSE THE TAB, or something. Instead, minimizing or covering the tab with another tab doesn't do anything, It plays normally. But, if you close the tab, then do the surrender thing. That way, they can't exploit it.

Jombloxx
02-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Really? What kind of potato are you using? Do you have one of those amazing and reliable Irish Potatoes? I bet kingkickass2013 is using an Apple Potato. Don't use Apple, they suck.

I agree, the Pure Potato is good, but it gets laggy when connecting with a different type of potato.

Nooo, freaking potatoes i love them (Chips, fried potatoes, potatoballs, potato roll nom nom nom) :D

Triss
02-04-2013, 08:11 AM
Closing the tab=Surrendering.
Lagging out the tab=Draw.
Probably like that?

KillerPixel
02-04-2013, 09:33 AM
This is what should be done about lag outs and I bet most people agree with me,

If you lag out the opponent gets their precious win and you loose. BUT that loss does not go on your record or take anything away from your well earned rating. Meaning you die but it doesn't shit on your corpse by saying "U loose cuz u lagged out like a n00b!"

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I only ever lagged out (20 TIMES!!!) during the alpha, After that it only got better and better. So I think others should have the game with legit losses aswell. Yea, Thats right. I'm fighting for you Fr0st!

Edit: I voted I don't care becuase I have a super computer becuase I built and upgrade my computer so it never gets old!

Jombloxx
02-04-2013, 10:21 AM

If you lag out the opponent gets their precious win and you loose. BUT that loss does not go on your record or take anything away from your well earned rating. Meaning you die but it doesn't shit on your corpse by saying "U loose cuz u lagged out like a n00b!"

PROBLEM SOLVED!

I only ever lagged out (20 TIMES!!!) during the alpha, After that it only got better and better. So I think others should have the game with legit losses aswell. Yea, Thats right. I'm fighting for you Fr0st!

Edit: I voted I don't care becuase I have a super computer becuase I built and upgrade my computer so it never gets old!
This reminds me of Problem solverz LOL and i dont lag :DXD

Tecness2
02-04-2013, 12:07 PM

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Problem not solved!
Hey guess what! I'm about to lose and WABAM! I just switch tabs. I don't lose any rating now.

jli
02-04-2013, 12:10 PM
No, drawing hurts your rating (at least in chess it does).

isgood
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
i think lag being draw would be unfair because when then when people are going to lose they would just make themselves lag and it would be draw

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
No, drawing hurts your rating (at least in chess it does).

It actually depends. If your opponent has a higher rating, then you gain points. If he has a lower, then you lose rating. But not as much as a loss or anything.

Back on topic. For those of us who use a better computer and are USED to playing without lag, we are at a disadvantage. It's just like a sports game, you play better on your Home court because you are used to it. On the road, you do worse. Same here, you're not used to lag, so you're at a disadvantage, which is why Fr0st wins most of his games...

DragonFrost
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
^^ but I'm not used to lag too.

fram
02-10-2013, 09:09 AM
DragonFrost:^^ but I'm not used to lag too.

Really?????

DragonFrost
02-10-2013, 09:20 AM
Of course. In my fight with DEMONGOD, I was screwed because my units don't react properly.

ShadowyWhisper
02-10-2013, 09:42 AM
DEMONGOD is really good, maybe you were too awed at his power.

hueycoy
02-10-2013, 09:52 AM
Don't you use google chrome?

MiamiBigAL
02-10-2013, 10:27 AM
DemonGod is a massive lagger. You can't micro at all against him.

I actually wish lag forfeit would occur more often. The best solution, of course, would be to optimize the data transfer so even dial-ups don't even lag. Other games have handled lag issues very well, so I don't see why there should be a problem here.

Or, alternatively, make it so you can actually filter out anyone with shitty bandwidth and >150ms latency to you if you want to, so the laggers can fight amongst themselves and still play the game.

DragonFrost
02-10-2013, 01:20 PM
DemonGod is a massive lagger. You can't micro at all against him.

I actually wish lag forfeit would occur more often. The best solution, of course, would be to optimize the data transfer so even dial-ups don't even lag. Other games have handled lag issues very well, so I don't see why there should be a problem here.

Or, alternatively, make it so you can actually filter out anyone with shitty bandwidth and >150ms latency to you if you want to, so the laggers can fight amongst themselves and still play the game.

That makes me have to fight laggers :/

ShadowyWhisper
02-10-2013, 01:53 PM
You are fighting with lag, correct, Fr0st? In that case, you are fighting against a lagger, yourself. You are fighting yourself to stop lagging.

DragonFrost
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Huh? Not sure what you meant by that.

ShadowyWhisper
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I have a mathematical sense of logic.

FailingAtFailing
02-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Jeezus, I was just playing a guy lagging so hard. There was no countdown but it was freezing like every 20 frames. It was impossible to micro and I lost the begining because of the lag. I forfeited because I didn't want to waste my time with that.

There has to be stricter things about lag in the game. Maybe if the person's ping is less than 100 or 200 ms, they don't get matched with anyone except people with similar pings. I know this might hurt some people, because they will be playing laggers (lag versus lag) but it will benefit other people.

ShadowyWhisper
02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
There should be a thing, when I make a match, to have the option to set a ping limit.