PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: Castle Archer Rework.

Tecness2
02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Okay, so they recently changed the castle archer set from 300-400-500 to 300-600-1000. Each upgrade ultimately increases fire-rate and damage of the castle archer.

So, for this proposal, it will greatly change the way the castle archer works.

Castle Archer - 250 Gold - 20 Seconds
This will have as much damage as a castle dead and it will not do any damage to any unit besides the unit targeted.

Blazing Arrows - 150 Gold - 50 Mana - 30 Seconds
This will add flame* damage to the arrows as well as adds damage to a SECOND unit, besides the first targeted.

Blazing Arrows 2 - 200 Gold - 100 Mana - 40 Seconds
This will increase normal damage & flame damage to the arrows as well as adds damage to a third unit, besides the first targeted and the second damaged.

Enchanted Bow Of The Archidon - 300 Gold - 150 Mana - 60 Seconds
GREATLY increases the fire-rate of the castle archer. Shooting arrows twice as fast as normal.

So what do you think. Total cost would be 900 Gold - 300 Mana - 2:30 minutes.
It would add more help to get it to defend against armored units/giants while still being somewhat effective against a number of units.
There would only be ONE castle archer.

*Flame damage does increased damage to armored units as well as adds a temporary burning effect to enemies. Double the damage of poison over the course of half the time poison lasts on chaos units(It goes away after a little bit).

DragonFrost
02-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Actually, it's 300-600-1000.

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes that is correct. But really, in essence it is the same thing strategic wise and won't really change the game that much, because the Fire Arrow or whatever does it for 2 units, and Enchanted does it for 3, just as Castle Archer 3 does as well.

Tecness2
02-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Yes that is correct. But really, in essence it is the same thing strategic wise and won't really change the game that much, because the Fire Arrow or whatever does it for 2 units, and Enchanted does it for 3, just as Castle Archer 3 does as well.
The current castle archer can and does damage ALL units that are within the range of the area of effect of the targeted unit. That's why it decimates swordwrath and archers currently.

WyzDM
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
I never both with castle archers because in my mind, if you're resorting to base defense, you've already lost the game.

Tecness2
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I never both with castle archers because in my mind, if you're resorting to base defense, you've already lost the game.
I've won several games because of castle archers. For an example, against giant massers.

Galeforce
02-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Not a bad suggestion. However, once you've buffed your archer to that point, there isn't much that's going to be able to get through. Hitting 3 units, setting them ablaze, while firing like there were 2 archers. Except now it's more lethal, simply because it will be targeting one unit at a time, dropping it quicker than normal.

ShadowyWhisper
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
... Umm, Tecness how did your castle archers kill 5-7 Giants? I'm not quite sure that it's possible, because that has happened to me before and my Speartons, 2 Giants, Magikill, and Allbowtross did nothing to help...

Tecness2
02-04-2013, 04:56 PM
This proposal, after discussing with Brock, will be nothing more than an idea for reasons which I knew even while writing it.
Removing the AOE effect with the level 1 castle archer, would cause cat-massing to be a lot more effective.
Till next time, cya later.