PDA

View Full Version : What Rating Do People Mostly Do Archidon/Swordwrath Combo in Beggining?

StickWarrior14
02-07-2013, 08:01 PM
For most of my "Stick Empires Career", I always start out with Swords. And that has worked me to get to the 1700 Rating currently. However, after helping CC2 with an albowtross video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c90wBO9tuY) (Video below or click <---), I came to the conclusion that Swordwraths are useless against Archidon/Swordwrath combo. However, I have not met archidon/swordwraths in regular games for a while. So what rating do people typically to use the ARcher/Sword combo? So far at 1700, little to none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c90wBO9tuY

kingkickass2013
02-07-2013, 08:06 PM
i do the archidon and swordwrath combo, but instead of starting with archidon and swordwrath, i get three miners and instantly send them to gold, when the first 2 go and collect the first 150 gold i make a swordwrath, and continue on until i have the middle statue, then i make an archidon, and if the enemy sends an albowtross, i use the swordwrath as meat shields, never fails me

ShadowyWhisper
02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Um... 3 miners on Castle if they Spearton Rush, for noobs, you are dead. >.>

KrayZStick
02-07-2013, 08:54 PM
i do the archidon and swordwrath combo, but instead of starting with archidon and swordwrath, i get three miners and instantly send them to gold, when the first 2 go and collect the first 150 gold i make a swordwrath, and continue on until i have the middle statue, then i make an archidon, and if the enemy sends an albowtross, i use the swordwrath as meat shields, never fails me

1. Takes about 8 shots for archidon to kill alba.
2. Swordwraith will easily die
3. You will lose more money in meat shields then they do in building albas~!

WyzDM
02-07-2013, 09:04 PM
It honestly depends. At higher levels, a lot of people have unique things that seem to work for them. Me? I use the swordwrath archer combo, but I limit it to smaller stages. This is because I can really limit my economy if I commit to a full force on a big stage and he gets a castle archer with 6 miners.

Another reason is because when both players use that aggressive start, it comes down to micro and good control, but sometimes luck. To avoid a game over that first deciding factor, players may also try something different.

However, if you can push yourself to 1900 to at least get queued with me, we'll have a go at it. :)

DragonFrost
02-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I do archer/sword combo on small to medium maps.

jli
02-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Hm, that's odd, I've met tons of people that open with sword/archer, and I'm a noob (rating ~1500).

I used to start with it, but recently I've been experimenting with archer/miner because the opening's a lot more fun.

KrayZStick
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM
However, if you can push yourself to 1900 to at least get queued with me, we'll have a go at it. :)

???? Can't we just play a friendly game? Trollol?

WyzDM
02-07-2013, 10:52 PM
???? Can't we just play a friendly game? Trollol?

Why of course! I thought you'd never ask. =D

_Ai_
02-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Hm, that's odd, I've met tons of people that open with sword/archer, and I'm a noob (rating ~1500).

I used to start with it, but recently I've been experimenting with archer/miner because the opening's a lot more fun.

I don't think 1500 is noob...

jli
02-08-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't think 1500 is noob...

I guess, but compared to everyone that had posted before me at that point, it might as well have been considered noob-level.

uberman
02-08-2013, 07:47 AM
I guess, but compared to everyone that had posted before me at that point, it might as well have been considered noob-level.

Not noob, rather expert in the making :)
We were all 1500 once, some of us for a long time :)

stickman311
02-08-2013, 08:35 AM
Lol no, its 1600!!!!!!