PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Action

dex0022
02-07-2013, 11:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcljlDHSKO0
An animated action movie in vein of old console games. Inspired by and partially borrowed from games like Mortal Kombat, BattleToads, Double Dragon, Street Fighter, and Street of Rage. Chinese movies of 80s-90s starring Jackie Chan and other actors as well as the famous cartoon called xiao xiao.

Salt
02-08-2013, 01:38 AM
Did you make that?

Arch-Angel
02-08-2013, 12:58 PM
I doubt it since the person that made that is Russian and that was considerably well English for someone that might be Russian.
You never know though. Very cool animations to say the least. Whether they're his or not it's a good find.

Cruel
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM
HOLY SHIT, I loved it. That must have taken months to make of nonstop work. it looked like a combination of sprites with other movements added in. That was amazing

Vertigo
02-08-2013, 02:27 PM
As a broad style, it looks ok, but there's a lot of choppiness and other issues with the movements. And what the hell kind of ninja uses an elevator?

Cool I guess.

Arch-Angel
02-08-2013, 03:31 PM
As a broad style, it looks ok, but there's a lot of choppiness and other issues with the movements. And what the hell kind of ninja uses an elevator?

Cool I guess.

Perfect smoothness is still choppy, that's what easing is for. Some movements are just much too quick.

It wasn't made in flash I don't believe. Actually I'm rather positive it wasn't. It was made in a 3D animation program. If you wait until the end of this one and click to watch the second one it will show you how it was made during the credits.

Vertigo
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Perfect smoothness is still choppy, that's what easing is for. Some movements are just much too quick.

It wasn't made in flash I don't believe. Actually I'm rather positive it wasn't. It was made in a 3D animation program. If you wait until the end of this one and click to watch the second one it will show you how it was made during the credits.

By choppiness I meant the head movement, it just went every which way. The path of the head going in a smooth arc is pretty darn important to making the rest look smooth. Nevermind which program it was made in. There's hardly any weight or force in any of his actions. I didn't even watch the entire thing because the animation was so subpar. Clearly he went for quantity over quality. If you look at animation of, say, Mark of the Ninja, and then compare it to this, you can (hopefully) see the differences I'm talking about.

Arch-Angel
02-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Skip towards the end or watch the second one. The quality of the animation is significantly better.
Skip to 10:30 and tell me that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Vertigo
02-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Yeah as I was writing that post I did skip to the end and it was indeed better. Not as many issues. Fair enough.

Arch-Angel
02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
If you were to add enough frames to make every movement as smooth as you're complaining about then the whole thing will appear to be in slow motion and the style he is trying to use would have been failed.

The second one is a lot better than the first.

Vertigo
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
It's not so much about having a shitload of frames to make it smooth, it's about the arcs and paths of the movement. I don't really have the time to demonstrate, otherwise I would. Oh, and there is a difference between complaining and criticizing. I was doing the latter.

dex0022
02-09-2013, 06:19 AM

I speak English badly, so I apologize in advance for any errors.
I did all the animation in Flash 5. In 3D only some of the objects and some backgrounds. in the second series of 3D animation and is sometimes used for the characters as a template.

Praetorain
02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
How long did you make that?
Did you use sprites?
:eek:

dex0022
02-09-2013, 05:26 PM
How long did you make that?
Did you use sprites?
:eek:
since this is my first experience of animation, so long... 2003-2012. Second Series - 6 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yak8qaTZnM0

barrels, crates, chairs, vehicles and other items - bitmap sprites. characters - vector.

Praetorain
02-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Good job, now get a job(make sure about animating)!

Cruel
02-10-2013, 06:06 PM
since this is my first experience of animation, so long... 2003-2012. Second Series - 6 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yak8qaTZnM0

barrels, crates, chairs, vehicles and other items - bitmap sprites. characters - vector.

So you used vector graphic sprites to create your own sprites to make that animation?

dex0022
02-26-2013, 01:52 AM
So you used vector graphic sprites to create your own sprites to make that animation?

not understand the question(standard Flash animation..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW_d5qa8x3o