PDA

View Full Version : How to handle big maps?

jli
02-08-2013, 09:07 AM
So, as of now, I'm pretty good with small/medium maps. However, big maps terrify me because of the lack of information and the overall clumsiness of units.

What is your general strategy on big maps when compared to others?

Jombloxx
02-08-2013, 09:12 AM
My general strategy is - 18 miners and middle - most of time it works XD

_Ai_
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
3 miner for me, castle archer.

fram
02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
miner wall castle archer
;)

Jombloxx
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
miner wall castle archer
;)

Oh Fram hi! Rememba me?

ShadowyWhisper
02-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Don't think Miner Wall/Castle Archer works very well. You don't have the middle and have no economy. :/

DragonFrost
02-08-2013, 03:53 PM
So, as of now, I'm pretty good with small/medium maps. However, big maps terrify me because of the lack of information and the overall clumsiness of units.

Everyone is talking about camping, no. I agree, big maps are really hard for me too. Just try to start with a better economy on these big maps, as even if you lose the middle, it will take a while for enemies to reach your miners. But never mass miners, build units at the same time.

KrayZStick
02-08-2013, 05:43 PM
The only big map is Grass Hills. Here's my strategy!
1. Spawn 3 Miners at start.
2. Keep spawning miners, until you have 2 praying and about 5/6 mining.
3. Get an Albatross.
4. Get another.
5. Spam more miners until you have 10 mining and 3 praying (or more on mining.)
6. Upgrade Blazing Bolts and get about 5 Albatrosses.
7. Get a Giant with Giant Growth 1.
8. Get Tower Spawn.
9. Don't forget to harrass enemies.
10. Spawn more Giants.
11. Get Tower Spawn 2!
12. WWWWWIIIINN!!!!

DragonFrost
02-08-2013, 05:48 PM
That would fail krayz. If i rush you?

FailingAtFailing
02-08-2013, 05:50 PM
The only big map is Grass Hills. Here's my strategy!
1. Spawn 3 Miners at start.
2. Keep spawning miners, until you have 2 praying and about 5/6 mining.
3. Get an Albatross.
4. Get another.
5. Spam more miners until you have 10 mining and 3 praying (or more on mining.)
6. Upgrade Blazing Bolts and get about 5 Albatrosses.
7. Get a Giant with Giant Growth 1.
8. Get Tower Spawn.
9. Don't forget to harrass enemies.
10. Spawn more Giants.
11. Get Tower Spawn 2!
12. WWWWWIIIINN!!!!

What if I do a sword and archer combo and attack your miners? YOUR WHOLE PLAN IS GONE!!!!

ShadowyWhisper
02-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Well, not exactly seeing as he made an Allbowtross. And there is such thing as making Spearton, you know, if your opponent is behind economically like you are.

KrayZStick
02-08-2013, 06:17 PM
What if I do a sword and archer combo and attack your miners? YOUR WHOLE PLAN IS GONE!!!!
This is a big map, it'l take forever. Anyway, the archer can't shoot past the statue, i'll just have all of them pray because I'd have enough gold already and just need mana! :p

DragonFrost
02-08-2013, 07:25 PM
^^ how about if i got center with a sword (thus putting me back by 1 miner), but the middle will make up for it. I have a better economy now, and i'll copy your strategy (except with middle which is better economy, and hopefully ghost spawn)

KrayZStick
02-08-2013, 08:12 PM
^^ how about if i got center with a sword (thus putting me back by 1 miner), but the middle will make up for it. I have a better economy now, and i'll copy your strategy (except with middle which is better economy, and hopefully ghost spawn)

Are you admitting you copy me? Just like when I beat you using micro and then you surrendered, and played against me again using the exact same strategy I used before to beat me?

FailingAtFailing
02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Are you admitting you copy me? Just like when I beat you using micro and then you surrendered, and played against me again using the exact same strategy I used before to beat me?

If it works, use it. That's how most spamming strategies probably start. One guy is successful with it and it spreads and EVERYONE does it because they think it is so pro and will win.

KrayZStick
02-08-2013, 08:19 PM
If it works, use it. That's how most spamming strategies probably start. One guy is successful with it and it spreads and EVERYONE does it because they think it is so pro and will win.

Naw, Newbies are just Noobs...

DragonFrost
02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
You do realize some strategies require lots of micro, too much for you to comprehend. You could never beat me in a sword/archer micro battle.

stickman311
02-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Big maps are OP for chaos.i can win almost every chaos on medium or small

jli
02-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Big maps are OP for chaos.i can win almost every chaos on medium or small

I'm not talking about chaos, just using Order in general.

stickman311
02-10-2013, 11:15 PM
3 miners. then albowtross

Usman
02-11-2013, 07:50 AM

Well I am very good at big maps and I my strategy of big maps is that start with 3 miners 2 on gold 1 on mana then a spearton and take information , build more speartons and keep harassing there economy with ARCHERS and build ur own giants ur wish if u want to researh the tower spawn but dont at leaats 3 giants keep harassing there economy and at last win!!