PDA

View Full Version : A friendly tournament between SoS and Zenith

uberman
02-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Right guys, this is for people to have fun, and keep the clans active.
WyzDM has tasked me (Zenith) and THEFORCE (SoS) to organize it, so this is my plan. Its for people who can partake in the GMT time zone, and there wont be any 'brackets'. During the time period agreed, any participating SoS member and any participating Zenith member can meet and play 3 games.

So it works like this;
during the event, you add all the members of the other clan, then can see who's online, chat to an enemy, agree to play and then use friendly challenges. Save replays if possible. fight 3 matches, post the score then I add them up after the event and determine which clan won.
The tierd scoring will help the weaker members, as zenith has more high rankers.

EDIT TO ADD; each player can play as many times as he wants against different oponents. Maybe we should set a maximum of three times (3 sets of 3 matches) between any two players.

These are the provisional rules, and all can be negotiated prior to the start via this thread.

If the rankings are within 100 or less of each other, its 2 points per win, if the rankings are 100 or more apart, you get 1 point for a win as higher ranked, or 2 points per win if your the lower ranked.
If one or the other lags out, the one leading at the time - judged by the end game graph as highest UNLESS both players agree one was wining - who gets just 1 point, regardless of rankings.
If there is no end of game graph, and the players agree who was wining, he gets a point, if there is no clear winner, no points are awareded.

I suggest the event runs for a period of say 48 hours.

(Edit to add
If it is agreed to run for 48 hours, then it can actually be open to all time zones, as who ever is online at the same time can just play...)

Example scoring; I played THEFORCE. First game, he lagged out but I was leading on the graph (1 point), second and third game I won, but having higher ranking I got 1 point each. This would have earned 3 points for Zenith.
If he had won the first game (2 points) and I won the other two, it would have been 2 points for SoS and 2 points for Zenith. Simple, see?
These points dont count to the tournament, its just an illustration of the idea for scoring.

PLAYERS INVOLVED
So, I will edit this OP with members who want to play. Please post here to express interest, or ask me or the force in clan if you dont have an account. I need your name, and friend ID.
Note that as its a free for all without brackets, if you cant actually make it to the event its not a problem as nobody is looking ofr a specific player.
Note also, that we need to get names up before the event so we can exchange friend details so we know who's in the event.

SE name, friend number, (SE posting name).

For SoS;
THEFORCE, 142, (THEFORCE).

For Dragons Den (working with SoS)
Fr0st, 937, (order) CST time zone

For Zenith;
Chaoticevil, 669, (uberman)
IHATETHISNAME, 211 (order) Timezone: CST (-0600)
WyzDM, 150
rAnDoMZ, #555
Modour, (943)

START TIME
Friday 15th Feb MIDDAY GMT to SUNDAY 16th Feb MIDDAY GMT. 48 hours to kill as many participating players as possible.

EVENT IS NOW LIVE

THEFORCE
02-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Awesome, just one thing, it's not exactly the GMT time zone, this is for +2 hours from GMT, but it's OK, if you log on between that, or 1 hour late or early, it won't make a problem :)

uberman
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Yes.
What do you think to a 48 hour period? Anyone whos online participating in the event can play anyone else at any time between the start and end times.

THEFORCE
02-08-2013, 12:53 PM
It's a good idea, because it's not always guaranteed to have the player log on in this moment, and it would make even more matches going on between more players.

uberman
02-08-2013, 01:00 PM
It's a good idea, because it's not always guaranteed to have the player log on in this moment, and it would make even more matches going on between more players.

glad you like it.
This model could even be used for more than one clan. There could be any number of clans involved, and the scoring simply totalled up for all the matches at the end of the agreed time period.

WyzDM
02-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Way to go guys. I think you should separate the members of each clan though by grouping them (put a space between it). This is will be fun.

KrayZStick
02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
:/ Tourney between FK and TZ didn't really work out, no one gave each other codes!

DragonFrost
02-08-2013, 03:44 PM
^^ I always say: LOOK AT MY (old) SITE!
Darn I can't join, not SOS and bad time zone for me...

uberman
02-08-2013, 11:53 PM
:/ Tourney between FK and TZ didn't really work out, no one gave each other codes!

Hrm...good point, so I wont count anyone as entered without friend code - they wont be able to play anyway.

^^ I always say: LOOK AT MY (old) SITE!
Darn I can't join, not SOS and bad time zone for me...

sorry about that - unless you want to get a group together from your clan, and stay awake at night :)

Way to go guys. I think you should separate the members of each clan though by grouping them (put a space between it). This is will be fun.

Got groups by clan in OP now.
Hope it will be fun :)
The rules are a slight modification of thatguy's model. It will work equally well for 2 clans or any number of clans. Best of all, no waiting to play a specific individual who's on the other side of the planet or grounded :)
Drawback is no individual winner - although, the players individual point score could be used to get a winning player as well as a winning clan...

THEFORCE
02-09-2013, 12:40 AM
Wait, we should make people register for this actually, so everyone in this time zone tell us your name and code to get the group going.
also when it will start?
If it started already then when will be the end of the tournament?

uberman
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Wait, we should make people register for this actually, so everyone in this time zone tell us your name and code to get the group going.
also when it will start?
If it started already then when will be the end of the tournament?

I hope to get started soon, but we need some ppl to register.
You try get some ppl from SoS, and I will try get some from Zenith.

Maybe we run it say next weekend; friday afternoon, all sat, sunday till evening?

uberman
02-10-2013, 02:12 AM
anyone interested, please post your details in the thread so we can get a list together
<bump>

DragonFrost
02-10-2013, 08:44 AM
Double post :mad:

stickman311
02-10-2013, 08:44 AM
how can u keep this up?

uberman
02-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Double post :mad:

:P
Yes, its called bumping the thread because it got onto the second page. I still live in hope that some people may want to actually join, but didnt sign up yet.

Nyarlathotep
02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
I will sign up. MY INFO: IHATETHISNAME (211) (order) Timezone: CST (-0600)
If this isn't how you sign up, then oh well. :P

stickman311
02-10-2013, 09:37 PM
your not in a clan

WyzDM
02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
your not in a clan

Actually he's in Zenith.

And since I haven't signed myself up ( I thought I did ), WyzDM (150).

stickman311
02-10-2013, 09:55 PM
ok, cuz he didn't post anything another than this

_Ai_
02-11-2013, 02:14 AM

I hate that name:mad:

uberman
02-11-2013, 03:14 AM

Thats all you need to do to sign up - simply post that your interested and give your friend number so potential enemies can add you and see when your on line.

When the event runs, simply post the score of any matches in the thread too.

DragonFrost
02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
CAN I JOIN :3 (wrong clan :()? Fr0st 937 (order) CST time zone.

uberman
02-11-2013, 08:29 AM
CAN I JOIN :3 (wrong clan :()? Fr0st 937 (order) CST time zone.

I dont see why not - especially if you get some others from your clan to join in.
The scoring is per player win, so it works just as well with more clans.
Your Dragons Den, right?

DragonFrost
02-11-2013, 03:11 PM
I dont see why not - especially if you get some others from your clan to join in.
The scoring is per player win, so it works just as well with more clans.
Your Dragons Den, right?

Yes, but I doubt I can get other people to join. If they want to, they'll join, if they don't, what can I do?

uberman
02-12-2013, 04:04 AM
Yes, but I doubt I can get other people to join. If they want to, they'll join, if they don't, what can I do?

You cant force people to have fun, unfortunatly :)
Well, just come along and have fun alone if need be - but promote it in the clan chat etc :)

DragonFrost
02-12-2013, 07:17 AM
Ok, but can I help SOS? Because it's 3vs 1 (and me), so we can even the odds a bit, to 3vs 2

uberman
02-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Ok, but can I help SOS? Because it's 3vs 1 (and me), so we can even the odds a bit, to 3vs 2

OK, if they will agree to you helping them. What ever works :)

WyzDM
02-12-2013, 09:57 PM
Why not make it SoS + DD vs Zenith, as both your clans struggle to pull some activity.

Chaotic, I need you to map a start time right now. Let's get a date, get it rolling, and whoever participates will have the pleasure of warring.

uberman
02-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Why not make it SoS + DD vs Zenith, as both your clans struggle to pull some activity.

Chaotic, I need you to map a start time right now. Let's get a date, get it rolling, and whoever participates will have the pleasure of warring.

Righto Boss!
The time frame I proposed was friday through all saturday into sunday, this weekend. Nobody has suggested a different time, so lets go with that.
Friday 15th Feb MIDDAY GMT to SUNDAY 16th Feb MIDDAY GMT. 48 hours to kill as many participating players as possible.
Since we have a wide spread of time zones involved once it starts it runs continously.

And I think 'yes' to SoS and DD vs Zenith.

THEFORCE
02-13-2013, 05:34 AM
That's great, but today is Wednesday and from now on I won't be able to log on except for Thursdays and Fridays, but I could log on Saturday.
So, how will we setup the matches?
Do we like pick an opponent for every player, and when that player finishes his game, we set him up for another match?
Or do we just let whoever registered to play matches against whoever he wants? (If we're gonna set up games, then let's do it Thursday night, then tell everyone at this thread immediately after we finish).

DragonFrost
02-13-2013, 06:58 AM
P
Righto Boss!
The time frame I proposed was friday through all saturday into sunday, this weekend. Nobody has suggested a different time, so lets go with that.
Since we have a wide spread of time zones involved once it starts it runs continously.

And I think 'yes' to SoS and DD vs Zenith.
12pm... Lemme think. 12-6=6am here... Sorry, I won't be able to start that early XD but I'll try to get on later (i realize I can only come on Friday because it ends at 6am on Saturday.

uberman
02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
P
12pm... Lemme think. 12-6=6am here... Sorry, I won't be able to start that early XD but I'll try to get on later (i realize I can only come on Friday because it ends at 6am on Saturday.

The point of 48 hours straight through is NOT to play for 48 hours straight, nor for everybody to log on at the start.
The idea is to log on at any time that's convenient for you for as long as is convenient for you, and play anyone on line at the same time.
If nobody in the event is online at the time, just do your normal thing (be it ranked, friend matches or clan chat).

Just remember to post any scores in the thread so they can be totaled up after the event :)

BUMP for update

The event starts today at mid day GMT, and runs for 48 hours.
Anyone who wants to get involved should post name and friend number in the thread - thats all thats required.

Then play best of 3 against any other poeple involved who are on line at any time over the next 48 hours, and simply post the score in this thread.

The tournament is now on.

So for the next 48 hours, you take the friend numbers from the OP and challenge anybody who is on, and not in your team.

Simple :)

Anyone wanting to join in can just put their number here in the forum and start challenging.

Post your scores either as you play or within 24 hours of the end of the event.

(PS sorry for the triple post Ahha! no more triple post c/o Aiman)

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 05:22 AM
You can always edit...

randomz
02-15-2013, 05:22 AM
I'd like to join in this event. I am from team Zenith.
rAnDoMZ #555
(epic code number, i know :D)

uberman
02-15-2013, 05:24 AM
You can always edit...

Yes, I can. But then the thread stays at the bottom half of page 2 and nobody sees it :)

I'd like to join in this event. I am from team Zenith.
rAnDoMZ #555
(epic code number, i know :D)

Added you

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 05:27 AM
I can help you bump.

uberman
02-15-2013, 05:30 AM
I can help you bump.

I dont think I'll get in trouble for bumping a tournament thread :)

<*looks over his shoulder nervously*>

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 05:32 AM
Or! Bump, then copy previous message via edit, delete the last one, and edit the bump.

uberman
02-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Or! Bump, then copy previous message via edit, delete the last one, and edit the bump.

How do I delete a post that I already made?
Seems like a clever plan, BTW.

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 05:56 AM
How do I delete a post that I already made?
Seems like a clever plan, BTW.

I just did it, its works efficiently.

uberman
02-15-2013, 06:36 AM
I just did it, its works efficiently.

I got it :)
Didnt know there was a delete post option in edit.

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 06:57 AM
K, good job!
But it lowers your post count when you delete it.

DragonFrost
02-15-2013, 07:01 AM
It seems we are outnumbered...

uberman
02-15-2013, 07:16 AM
It seems we are outnumbered...

indeed, it apears SoS in in hybernation. I put a comment about the tourney on their chat over 24 hrs ago, its still there as last comment 24 hrs later

DragonFrost
02-15-2013, 07:18 AM
But did you go on SOSsite or NSSWC? Because Sos moved to nsswc

THEFORCE
02-15-2013, 08:28 AM

Even NSSWC doesn't have much guys on most of the time.

KrayZStick
02-15-2013, 08:48 AM
WAAAIIITT A SEC, Why is fr0st in? Plus Tourney is today, can I join to? Idk if I can though, I'm distracted by the big release thing....

THEFORCE
02-15-2013, 09:44 AM
WAAAIIITT A SEC, Why is fr0st in? Plus Tourney is today, can I join to? Idk if I can though, I'm distracted by the big release thing....

You can give us your code now and play til' the tourney ends.

Are you Zenith or SoS?

DragonFrost
02-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Btw guys, since I can't play until Monday (hopefully), I suppose I'm out of the tourney.

uberman
02-15-2013, 11:29 AM

Opps, I went to SoS - didnt know the moved.

Btw guys, since I can't play until Monday (hopefully), I suppose I'm out of the tourney.
Ack.

You can give us your code now and play til' the tourney ends.

Are you Zenith or SoS?
Exactly as THEFORCE said.

fram
02-15-2013, 11:42 AM
Has it been if not can i enter (im low ranking, but found good tactic :rolleyes:)
fram 228 zenith P.S. thnx a lot for sos kicking me out:D
Revenge\1

uberman
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Some points scored, Randomz vs the force.
2-0

2 points to Zenith.

uberman
02-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Has it been if not can i enter (im low ranking, but found good tactic :rolleyes:)
fram 228 zenith P.S. thnx a lot for sos kicking me out:D
Revenge\1

Yes you can play - any body can till end of the event.
There is not many SoS/DD players tho :(

THEFORCE
02-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Some points scored, Randomz vs the force.
2-0

2 points to Zenith.
No I think it was 1 match, He lagged out second one but he was leading maybe it should count to him he was gonna win anyways xD

uberman
02-15-2013, 12:32 PM
No I think it was 1 match, He lagged out second one but he was leading maybe it should count to him he was gonna win anyways xD

OK, then he gets 1 for win, and if you agree he was wining in lag out he gets 1 for that too.

Score form our match;
First game lag out with no clear winner - no points
second and third game, Chaoticevil wins - 2 points (1 per match as higher ranked)

current score;
Zenith 4, SoS 0

randomz
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
I won 2 times again against theforce :) (so in total i won 4 times against theforce, and true, one of them was a lag out xD)
there should be more SoS members online! there are only 2 registered and only 1 online lol xD
ggs theforce :)

uberman
02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
I won 2 times again against theforce :) (so in total i won 4 times against theforce, and true, one of them was a lag out xD)
there should be more SoS members online! there are only 2 registered and only 1 online lol xD
ggs theforce :)

Thats 2 more points, bringing the score to 6 - 0 in favour of Zenith.

You are right, we need more SoS players.
Respect to THEFORCE for representing his clan.

THEFORCE
02-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Thats 2 more points, bringing the score to 6 - 0 in favour of Zenith.

You are right, we need more SoS players.
Respect to THEFORCE for representing his clan.

LOL I was going to play fram but he was lagging a lot, because he wasn't at his usual PC.

I did see Fr0st logging in yesterday for a short time, I didn't know about him.

P.S. If you don't find more SoS players, then this tourney will be just Zenith, cause I will be on Fridays and Thursdays.

WyzDM
02-16-2013, 12:08 AM
I still have yet to play anyone. Code is in my signature, you're also welcome to my clan chat.

DragonFrost
02-16-2013, 10:02 AM
LOL I was going to play fram but he was lagging a lot, because he wasn't at his usual PC.

I did see Fr0st logging in yesterday for a short time, I didn't know about him.

P.S. If you don't find more SoS players, then this tourney will be just Zenith, cause I will be on Fridays and Thursdays.
Was just chatting and seeing if I could play again. I couldn't :(

WyzDM
02-16-2013, 09:50 PM
Yes you can play - any body can till end of the event.
There is not many SoS/DD players tho :(

This is a clan event, and fram has not made an application. He is not of Zenith. He's welcome to play as anyone is able to play the game, but he is not a representative of Zenith. Please remove him from the roster. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's not fair for DD or SoS either.

Also, I would like to pair up with someone. I wish I wasn't so much a threat sometimes as I wouldn't always feel like I'm being avoided...

KrayZStick
02-16-2013, 09:53 PM
I was gonna go for TZ, but seeing how SoS is the underdog here, I'll side with them.
KrayZStick 452 - SoS
I can vs Chaoticevil, IHATETHISNAME, rAnDoMZ, fram, and maybe modour.

uberman
02-16-2013, 11:03 PM
This is a clan event, and fram has not made an application. He is not of Zenith. He's welcome to play as anyone is able to play the game, but he is not a representative of Zenith. Please remove him from the roster. I'm not trying to be mean, but that's not fair for DD or SoS either.

Oh, sorry! Just that when he said;

fram 228 zenith

I thought he must be in Zenith!
Removed him from the list.

Also, I would like to pair up with someone. I wish I wasn't so much a threat sometimes as I wouldn't always feel like I'm being avoided...

:)
You should have used an alternate account, with a nice low ranking <joke>

I was gonna go for TZ, but seeing how SoS is the underdog here, I'll side with them.
KrayZStick 452 - SoS
I can vs Chaoticevil, IHATETHISNAME, rAnDoMZ, fram, and maybe modour.

Are you actually in the clan SoS or DD? If so, your welcome to join in, but if not I am afraid its a clan event.

uberman
02-16-2013, 11:06 PM
THE EVENT IS NOW OVER

Scores for any more matches played can be posted, but it looks like the final score is

Zenith 6 Points
SoS 0 Points.

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 07:54 AM
THE EVENT IS NOW OVER

Scores for any more matches played can be posted, but it looks like the final score is

Zenith 6 Points
SoS 0 Points.
I knew I'd missed it :(

P.s. wyzdm I would be happy to fight you (even though I'm a noob at both chaos and order, maybe elemental will be better :D), but I still can't play the game :( hope they fix it someday...

WyzDM
02-17-2013, 08:59 AM
I knew I'd missed it :(

P.s. wyzdm I would be happy to fight you (even though I'm a noob at both chaos and order, maybe elemental will be better :D), but I still can't play the game :( hope they fix it someday...

You tried clearing the cache like Brock recommended? Simple silly stuff like that may do it.

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Aww, thx a lot for not telling me :(
PS: @ uberman, I'm in DD

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
You tried clearing the cache like Brock recommended? Simple silly stuff like that may do it.

Yes. I have tried: different browser (on my othe pc I have a different browser), different pc, cleared cache, different SE account, facebook and normal login.

fram
02-17-2013, 09:45 AM
IM IN DD I BEAT THEFORCE

uberman
02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
IM IN DD I BEAT THEFORCE

Lol, hes on the same team as you :)

Aww, thx a lot for not telling me :(
PS: @ uberman, I'm in DD

unfortunatly the event is over now, we sure could have used both of you earlier tho.

We may repeat the event later though :)

fram
02-17-2013, 11:46 AM
oh so i beat no one thnx alot guy (chaotic evil) who said i should fight him

That Other Guy
02-17-2013, 06:06 PM
well that's an embarrassing turnout for SOS. Well something tells me a new generation is already coming for SOS, the real generation 2. (aka generation 3, but it'll be called generation 2 since the former generation 2 lasted so little time and did nothing major.)

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 06:20 PM
well that's an embarrassing turnout for SOS. Well something tells me a new generation is already coming for SOS, the real generation 2. (aka generation 3, but it'll be called generation 2 since the former generation 2 lasted so little time and did nothing major.)
Most SOS G1 players are now in TZ, that's probably why...

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Ahem. Generation 1: does not include daemon, wyzdm, gale, leaf, etc. it contains people like me, gamerXD8, kannagiswat, peppa, zzachz, ninjastripy.

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Ahem. Generation 1: does not include daemon, wyzdm, gale, leaf, etc. it contains people like me, gamerXD8, kannagiswat, peppa, zzachz, ninjastripy.
Which generation am I thinking of then?

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Generation 1.5

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Generation 1.5
Why? Just why?:rolleyes: rofl

uberman
02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
oh so i beat no one thnx alot guy (chaotic evil) who said i should fight him

I am sorry for that Fram, but it was you who said you were in Zenith - had that been correct, then you should have fought him.

Panki
02-17-2013, 07:55 PM

Don't forget me too.

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Oh yes! BOB! How could I forget you?