PDA

View Full Version : Help?

ShadowyWhisper
02-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Suggestions for my current situation. As of now, it seems that spamming Swords in the beginning is a good idea. Is that right? I don't seem to be, well, you know, acting like a professional. I'm getting 15 Swords with Rage, and some Archidon. Really... that's some noob moves. But it works! What's going on?

http://tny.cz/3279fb77

Please provide a detailed help post for each minute or so, or point out what's wrong on a whole. Thanks!

fram
02-13-2013, 04:02 AM
Suggestions for my current situation. As of now, it seems that spamming Swords in the beginning is a good idea. Is that right? I don't seem to be, well, you know, acting like a professional. I'm getting 15 Swords with Rage, and some Archidon. Really... that's some noob moves. But it works! What's going on?

Please provide a detailed help post for each minute or so, or point out what's wrong on a whole. Thanks!

I'd send out a scout maybe a swords or archer to check if he actually IS spamming swords and if he is... I get 1 miner wall 2-3 castle archers and some flying archers

If ur chaos ... get 2-3 giants and some bombers/juggers (as juggers charge stuns then giant attack stuns and he loses health from rage when stunned.

For me start off miner wall 1 miner and then castle archer (if you know hes going to spam swords
:D

DragonFrost
02-13-2013, 07:02 AM
I didn't watch the replay (on IPAD), but from what I understand, you say sword mass works? First, if you know he is going to spam swords, get a castle archer and mass albows :D.

Azxc
02-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Watched the replay
Suppose you are the spearton starter, it is not the matter that swords raging are strong
it is a matter of your starting, you suffer a huge economic loss on your first speartons
And you had a bad start because your spearton later on have to turtle up and let your enemy took the middle

So you got a bad start and your army would never getting stronger than him (unless he does NO harassment)
That is why you lost, you lost on macro, not because sword+archer is strong

fram
02-13-2013, 11:02 AM

I'd send out a scout maybe a swords or archer to check if he actually IS spamming swords and if he is... I get 1 miner wall 2-3 castle archers and some flying archers

If ur chaos ... get 2-3 giants and some bombers/juggers (as juggers charge stuns then giant attack stuns and he loses health from rage when stunned.

For me start off miner wall 1 miner and then castle archer (if you know hes going to spam swords

No-one cares about my post lol

THEFORCE
02-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Hey, how do I paste my replay I cant do it.

fram
02-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Ctrl then click v

ShadowyWhisper
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Watched the replay
Suppose you are the spearton starter, it is not the matter that swords raging are strong
it is a matter of your starting, you suffer a huge economic loss on your first speartons
And you had a bad start because your spearton later on have to turtle up and let your enemy took the middle

So you got a bad start and your army would never getting stronger than him (unless he does NO harassment)
That is why you lost, you lost on macro, not because sword+archer is strong

Umm... I started with the Sword, please talk about MY side. I think it was DarknessLight

MiamiBigAL
02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
I haven't watched replay, but sword massing isn't noob (in the sense of it being an ineffective tactic).

You can sword mass while at the same time as building your economy, which is why it's so powerful. Any air units that you face you can counter with archers (with swords as shields). Swords pretty much will single-handedly win you the middle tower or force the opponent to go for an air unit (which in turn will slow down his economy and is countered by archers anyway).

There are still some serious imbalances in this very young game, but I am sure the devs are aware of them and will sort them out.

The same can be said for chaos wingadon-massing. There is no legitimate counter to this at the moment.

KrayZStick
02-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Sword Massing with Albatross Massing. They will then have to choose either focusing on your swords, or your albas. This is devastating for giants :p

DragonFrost
02-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Sword Massing with Albatross Massing. They will then have to choose either focusing on your swords, or your albas. This is devastating for giants :p

Giants + magikills SHOULD counter that, assuming you have excellent micro with magikill.