PDA

View Full Version : What is this black magic?!

jli
02-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Recently I've found tons of people using this new strategy and I can't find any way to counter it. They buy three miners to start, get a castle archer as soon as possible, then send out a continuous stream of speartons. I know there must be some way to counter that I seem to be missing.

http://pastebin.com/xfFFkQna

Any help would be much appreciated.

FailingAtFailing
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Spearton with archers to harass economy. Speartons have armour to reduce castle archer damage. Just make sure the spearton enters castle archer range WELL before your archers. Castle archers only target the first thing to enter their range. If they build a second, it will target the farthest once built, which will be your archers so move them away once they build a second then move your archers back.

Kill off the speartons before they get masses of them. Keep archers JUST outside castle archer range to stop the second row of mining. If you have the capability, get albowtrosses with blazing bolts. They have shorter range but speartons will NEVER get them, as opposed to archers.

KrayZStick
02-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Yea, this happened to me, it's an advanced form of spearton spamming. NOOBS ARE EVOLVING!! WE MUST EVOLVE WITH THEM!! Get some swordwraith, and albas, that should finish 'em off!

FailingAtFailing
02-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Noobs? Evolving? WAT?!?!?!?! This truly is black magic.

isgood
02-12-2013, 08:25 PM
LOL this was kinda my strategy like a month ago. I don't use it anymore

Bladed Fire
02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Never have this before... or I forgot?

WyzDM
02-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Cole isn't a noob, but his aggressive play style can be countered.

First, you waited an additional couple seconds before pushing your swordwrath archer up. Yes, I know you were lining up archer first in the event he does the same start, but that costed you early playing time if you did that faster. You queued a miner after your charge. Fair, but I would have done swordwrath in the event of same start and if he goes eco (which he did) queue miner). Either way, you pressured enough for him to get archer. But you're still lacking economically. You make some miners until you see his first spearton. I would have waited. An early unit with his economy size means he's going to push (which indeed he did, successfully I might add). You do not have a castle archer, so your speartons are useless (they would have to retreat, he has nothing force him back). So, how do you get out of this?

You can go the rage method (swordwrath with rage) or boost your economy some before making albows and other units. From there, you can support the purchase of castle archer and leveling the playing field. If he's still knocking at your base, you can knock at his, but it may be wise for a wall investment. Just one is enough to keep the push out until you can albow lock the middle, and eventually ghost.

fram
02-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Yea, this happened to me, it's an advanced form of spearton spamming. NOOBS ARE EVOLVING!! WE MUST EVOLVE WITH THEM!! Get some swordwraith, and albas, that should finish 'em off!
I can feel myself evolving into a.......

Spear spammer?
I hate spear spammers :(
get 3 magikill resilience 2 walls 3 castle archers and if you want maybe some albows or giants to go with.

stickman311
02-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Its just BAD LUCK you got from chinese new year i guess

PUMU
02-13-2013, 08:55 AM
evolving what is this Pokemon?!

jli
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Its just BAD LUCK you got from chinese new year i guess

Lol still on your ego high from beating demongod I see.

fram
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Jil how many points do u have?

jli
02-13-2013, 03:07 PM
Jil how many points do u have?

I don't know what you're talking about, unfortunately. Could you elaborate?

StickKevin
02-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Giant army and flying crossbowman squads will do.

ShadowyWhisper
02-13-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, unfortunately. Could you elaborate?

He;s asking about your rating. I'm guessing around 1700, give or take.

jli
02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, recently I have been using my friend's account, and I was on my way up in the 1650's, then I met this strategy and now I'm at 1492.

WheresMyCheetos
02-13-2013, 05:53 PM
evolving what is this Pokemon?!

What?!?! your Noob is evolving. *Nooby music queues* Congratulation your noob has evolved into a spearton spammer. Spearton spammer wants to learn shield wall and shield bash!!

badplayer
02-13-2013, 06:06 PM
how are you supposed to make a giant army if hes sending speartons xD
just make more albows

Bladed Fire
02-13-2013, 06:16 PM
Is this one of the evolving newbies? He's noob... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0moASlWxbM)

KrayZStick
02-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Well that's the thing, they send a spearton, and garrison it when it's low health, and send another. This way, they'll have about 10 speartons garrisoned while you're still making your miners go in and out of the castle for protection...

FailingAtFailing
02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Is this one of the evolving newbies? He's noob... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0moASlWxbM)

Yep, evolving noobs. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX_AKDrBWjw)

ShadowyWhisper
02-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Evolving noobs is another way to say "progress". Isn't posting strategies here to boost progress, I mean really...

jli
02-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Evolving noobs is another way to say "progress". Isn't posting strategies here to boost progress, I mean really...

Indeed. But, the thing that bothers me is that they're starting with three miners, an opening that is inherently unsound, while I start with standard sword-archer or archer-miner, and yet they still win. If I may compare to chess, it's like saying I open with 1. e4 or 1. d4, and he opens with 1. a5 or 1. h5, and still manages to win by spamming rooks. It's ridiculous, and yet I can't find a way to counter it. It know there is a way. It would be awesome if a skilled player could play a friendly match with another skilled player and demonstrate the counter in a replay.

THEFORCE
02-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Indeed. But, the thing that bothers me is that they're starting with three miners, an opening that is inherently unsound, while I start with standard sword-archer or archer-miner, and yet they still win. If I may compare to chess, it's like saying I open with 1. e4 or 1. d4, and he opens with 1. a5 or 1. h5, and still manages to win by spamming rooks. It's ridiculous, and yet I can't find a way to counter it. It know there is a way. It would be awesome if a skilled player could play a friendly match with another skilled player and demonstrate the counter in a replay.

That's a great idea!

You just have to find to pros and make them record the replay.

jli
02-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Ok, so here's basically an overview of the strategy people are using now.

1. Start with 3 miners. Set 1 on praying, 2 on gold.
2. If opponent rushes, get castle archer.
3. Get spearton as fast as you can. When it loads, rush their miners.
4. Send spearton to garrison when it gets low on health.
5. Repeat. Slowly amass more and more speartons.

How to counter... how...

FailingAtFailing
02-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, so here's basically an overview of the strategy people are using now.

1. Start with 3 miners. Set 1 on praying, 2 on gold.
2. If opponent rushes, get castle archer.
3. Get spearton as fast as you can. When it loads, rush their miners.
4. Send spearton to garrison when it gets low on health.
5. Repeat. Slowly amass more and more speartons.

How to counter... how...

Assuming you still have the center

You need:
Miner Walls
ONE castle archer as back up
Resilience
2 Giants (size doesn't matter since they will just rush statue)
Albowtrosses
Blazing Bolts
Tower Spawn 1
Swordwrath

Tower Spawn distracts Castle Archers so albows can fire volleys to disrupt economy. Keep giants at base until you are ready to attack. Swordwrath can be at center or at base. Preferably at base so if he rushes they can do mass damage to speartons with Rage.

When he attacks, the giants will stun some. Albows with blazing bolts obliterates speartons. Swordwrath with rage help too.

If you choose to attack before he rushes, have your giants fully grown. Put them BEHIND his statue so that they fully absorb castle archer arrows. Swords and albows do most damage to statue.

ShadowyWhisper
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM

... Your opponent is starting with 3 miners. This should be simple to counter, and the solution should be easy to find. Use it yourself! You'll lose at some point, and just copy your opponent's strategy for beating this!

Archer/Sword doesn't work very well against the Spearton, so it's usually not the best. I generally start with 1 Sword.

Anyways, to the chess. You made a VERY grave mistake, my friend. You can't spam any unit in chess, since the pieces are pre-set and you don't buy anything in SE. And starting with a5 is really... Anyways I use Sicilian as black and use the standard e4 as white.

jli
02-14-2013, 07:13 PM
... Your opponent is starting with 3 miners. This should be simple to counter, and the solution should be easy to find. Use it yourself! You'll lose at some point, and just copy your opponent's strategy for beating this!

Hm, hadn't thought of that. I'll try that on my test account, thanks!

Archer/Sword doesn't work very well against the Spearton, so it's usually not the best. I generally start with 1 Sword.
This I know, but I like the opening (it's pretty flexible), and I can't read the other guy's mind.

Anyways, to the chess. You made a VERY grave mistake, my friend. You can't spam any unit in chess, since the pieces are pre-set and you don't buy anything in SE. And starting with a5 is really... Anyways I use Sicilian as black and use the standard e4 as white.
This is true, but the analogy holds. Remember when you were starting out and all the noobs around you started with 1. a4 because they wanted to get their a1 rook into the game as fast as possible? That's basically what the quick spearton is like. Obviously the analogy doesn't extend so far as to include economic development and micro/macro, but it still holds to a certain degree, enough to make my point.

ShadowyWhisper
02-14-2013, 07:30 PM
Not really. In that case, they would play d4 and get their Queen into play, which doesn't work very well but is better than rook. People played a5 because they simply had nothing better to do. They wanted to go on the defense.

So don't go on the defense. Beat 3 Miners by economy harassment. You have a head start on your army. USE it.

DragonFrost
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Chess talk :/ I don't understand anything..

KrayZStick
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The letters are one of the sides (or what ever) in chess, the numbers are too, so maybe your pawn is like at a2? you move it up on you go to A3 (or B2? idk)

ShadowyWhisper
02-14-2013, 08:24 PM
There are 8 pawns in total, and the center is usually what the two players fight for, since the center (like the middle in SE) gives you overall control. Some players use knights, but the standard is e4 or d4 with Queen.

Anyways, back to SE. Speartons survive Castle Archers well. Okay, your opponent is ahead economically? Think Again. You have purchased 1 sword, which is 150, and your opponent bought a castle archer, 300, and you have successfully

A. Captured the Middle
B. Forced Him Into Garrison

This by itself should give you an economic advantage.

jli
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
There are 8 pawns in total, and the center is usually what the two players fight for, since the center (like the middle in SE) gives you overall control. Some players use knights, but the standard is e4 or d4 with Queen.

Anyways, back to SE. Speartons survive Castle Archers well. Okay, your opponent is ahead economically? Think Again. You have purchased 1 sword, which is 150, and your opponent bought a castle archer, 300, and you have successfully

A. Captured the Middle

True, but only for a very short period of time. If you don't spam miners fast enough, his economy quickly surpasses yours.

jerrytt
02-17-2013, 02:26 PM

A. Captured the Middle

This. Sword and 2 miners is by far the most balanced starter. If they outnumber you you can make more units, and if they do pure eco you can take middle.
You should predict and watch for a castle archer so that your swordwrath survives and can capture the middle. (dont bother getting it in beggining unless its grass hills. Go for their base instead)
keep your swordwrath at the bottom of the map so that they cant see your approach on the mini. Also, when the castle archer appears, run away at a diagonal UPWARDS direction. this will cause some of the arrows to miss and some to not do any damage at all (learned this from you fr0st :D)
take middle.

Now to deal with spearton spam...

try to get 2 more swords early game while you go for more and more miners. Then albow spam if he has a significant amount of speartons. 4 miners on mana and 8-10 on gold is enough to indefinitely sustain albow making. mabye get a magikilland walls late game to stop any attack. Try to constantly harrass their miners early game by:

get rage and shield wall.
1 spearton and 6 swords
send a spearton to their corner a good 3 heads before the line of swords.the archer will lock on to the spearton, who is sitting in the corner with a sheild over his head. meanwhile, your swords are murdering his miners/ speartons with rage. Stop wasting spears once you get tower spawn I. by then you should have about 3 albows, enough to stop a small invasion.

Try forward kiting with archers/ albows to kill any retreating spears, which as you said, was the main problem of this stratedgy.

ShadowyWhisper
02-17-2013, 03:40 PM
True, but only for a very short period of time. If you don't spam miners fast enough, his economy quickly surpasses yours.

Okay... think about it this way. You are ahead by 1 miner. You have a continuous supply of gold, while your opponent will have to wait because he garrisoned. You have more MINERS, and who says you can't spam them as well? You are already ahead economically.

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 03:45 PM
The middle actually gives you quite a large amount of gold over time....

ShadowyWhisper
02-17-2013, 03:47 PM
That's what I'm SAYING!!!

Usman
02-19-2013, 02:43 AM
get some archidoins for sure, some speartons, castle archers as well and make sure u Dont get the wall, they will destroy the wall with archi's (as I do lolz), make sure u follow this and u will win.

kingkickass2013
02-27-2013, 04:20 PM
heres what i do, i buy 3 miners at the beginning and when i make my first 150 i buy a swordwrath, and then continuously buy swordwrath and miners till i have 8 miners, then i start doubling the production by buying archidon along with them, during so i also send a couple miners to the statue to get rage, swordwrath with rage are the speartons number one foe against an army of swordwrath

also 3 swordwrath with rage can kill a single spearton, they both have the same population stand.

swordwrath and speartons dont have much of an economic difference

450 gold to get 3 swordwrath

450 gold and 50 mana to get a spearton

either way if the speartons stay and fight the swordwrath, then the speartons will be overwhelmed, if the speartons attempt to rush past your army, just keep using rage and kill their units one by one, but remember you must know what your foe is making so you can prepare with walls and castle archers.

Invincitron
03-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Hi reader,

Dominate the air.

.:Invincitron:.