PDA

View Full Version : Phase II vs. .:APEX:. Clan War- Gust vs Taiga

Mikematic
02-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Mikematic (http://www.stickpage.com/portal/play/clanwar_rhg1gustvstaigabattleofdestinypart1)

7Cashmoney7 (http://www.fileize.com/view/fa10f7fd-e17/)

Be expecting a part 1.5, 2, and 3 from me in the near future.

And for the love of everything, please at least try and vote fairly.

Duduru
02-15-2013, 01:06 AM
I vote (Drum Sound) MIKEMATIC!!!

G5T3R
02-15-2013, 02:04 AM
YEAH DUNGEON HUNTER FTW. i here you got the music in there. :3 that game is the best :D

Mr. Evil
02-15-2013, 03:51 PM
7cashmoney7 - Your animation was confusing, firstly, the style and smoothness changes awkwardly, such as for the first scene, it's way over smoothed, everything moves at one, uninteresting speed, then the next scene it's dispointingly choppy and somewhat difficult to follow.
The scene of Gust getting ready to launch an attack made no sense, he just lifted his arm and then he's suddenly thrusting forward as burred speed horizonatally (and somehow made the ground crack for almost no reason), then he's suddenly falling from a diagonal direction (not to mention falling way too slow) and the running didn't even look like running at all, it barely looked human. The text boxes are ugly, have them as one symbol and make sure the text doesn't over-lap them, and at least curve the lines.
The intro was boring and the bird's-eye view somhow had clouds rising over it, which made no sense.
The ending was disapointing, Taiga gets his swords out, I'm expecting something climactic to finish off, like a short spar or something, instead, two tweens and one frame, a leg coming down, another badly construted speach bubble with a still image then a simple, uninteresting ending.
This may be something personal, but I wasn't fond of your music choice. Sure, rap music can be fitting if it gives the animation a decent pace, but the song was slow and even sounded effortless, which only made your work seem a little less interesting, but maybe that's only just to me.

Mikematic: You've imporved quite a bit, there was a little plot behind the wat which was pretty cool, there were other fight scenes and even some mouth movement...but it was fairly difficult since there was no sound for it to speak, looking at text and a mouth talking at the same time can be a little pointless to be honest, but it was a nice idea to add.
I liked how you've split it into parts...but it was disapointing since there was no actual fighting with your RHG and Taiga, which kind of defeated the whole purpose of you having a war animation to some extend.
Although some fight scenes were hard to follow, it was still decent and kept my attention throughout.

Voting for Mikematic.

Mikematic
02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Well dang, that was detailed.

And sorry to disappoint, I got really lazy when the due date was nearing, if I would have worked more I could have at least gotten to part 2, Gust and Taiga fight at part 2.

And I can actually do a lot better than that, most of that was made last year, and the rust was incredibly rushed.

But thanks for the feedback, ill definitely be making follow ups to this, just to finish up the story.

ZABI
02-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Mike I really like yours!! But there wasn't any fighting between you and your opponent. I liked the story and the inspirational part where Gust is thinkin on how everyone is sayin he will lose. Nice job but my vote goes to cash. Just my opinion. Nothing personal

Voted Cash

Nanite
02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Good job, both of you.

Cash:
I couldn't understand some parts and as Tam said, some of the easing and smoothness changed constantly. Your angles were pretty good, though.

Mike:
I don't like that your RHG didn't really have a true battle with Taiga, but I do like the fact that you actually animated your whole clan warring and not just Gust and Taiga, good angles too.

I vote for Mike.

SCOUNDREL
02-15-2013, 10:21 PM
7cashmoney7 - Your animation was confusing, firstly, the style and smoothness changes awkwardly, such as for the first scene, it's way over smoothed, everything moves at one, uninteresting speed, then the next scene it's dispointingly choppy and somewhat difficult to follow.
The scene of Gust getting ready to launch an attack made no sense, he just lifted his arm and then he's suddenly thrusting forward as burred speed horizonatally (and somehow made the ground crack for almost no reason), then he's suddenly falling from a diagonal direction (not to mention falling way too slow) and the running didn't even look like running at all, it barely looked human. The text boxes are ugly, have them as one symbol and make sure the text doesn't over-lap them, and at least curve the lines.
The intro was boring and the bird's-eye view somhow had clouds rising over it, which made no sense.
The ending was disapointing, Taiga gets his swords out, I'm expecting something climactic to finish off, like a short spar or something, instead, two tweens and one frame, a leg coming down, another badly construted speach bubble with a still image then a simple, uninteresting ending.
This may be something personal, but I wasn't fond of your music choice. Sure, rap music can be fitting if it gives the animation a decent pace, but the song was slow and even sounded effortless, which only made your work seem a little less interesting, but maybe that's only just to me.

I don't get how something can be "over-smooth" That's like saying my style is wrong or bad .

I don't know how them looking at each other, Gust dashing, him hitting Taiga with wind,Charging at Taiga,slashing at Taiga, Then Taiga gets his balance,uses wind blast,Gust lands,He throws sword at him, they look at each other, Gust gets slashed down is hard to follow .

And the battle isn't hard hitting neither is my style so why would the music be ?

And I feel you're getting touchy feely over a 1 minute animation, dude, I tried my best with the time I had made what I did .
I don't claim to be the best nor do I want to be I just wanted to animate my RHG fighting someone else's ,with my own touch.

Plus I like how I didn't even see Taiga in Mike's anim but its called "Gust vs Taiga" .
But it's alright Pin lost his Battle to Jeehoondevil and he's still sexy as Tyra Banks so I'll live .

Quik
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't get how something can be "over-smooth" That's like saying my style is wrong or bad .

I think he means it's inconsistent to the rest of your movements...
The style is actually sorta incorrect and wrong...

I don't know how them looking at each other, Gust dashing, him hitting Taiga with wind,Charging at Taiga,slashing at Taiga, Then Taiga gets his balance,uses wind blast,Gust lands,He throws sword at him, they look at each other, Gust gets slashed down is hard to follow .

Too many pauses and random tweens, makes it sorta hard to understand what's happening...

And the battle isn't hard hitting neither is my style so why would the music be ?

It's steady and calm but it does no justice to your slow style, it makes the entertainment dull down...

And I feel you're getting touchy feely over a 1 minute animation

No it's just cnc, if anything you'd sorta be the one getting emotional over being told what to improve on...

But it's alright Pin lost his Battle to Jeehoondevil and he's still sexy as Tyra Banks so I'll live .

Pin lost to the leader, not the so called "disgraced" member...

Cruel
02-15-2013, 10:49 PM

And I feel you're getting touchy feely over a 1 minute animation, dude, I tried my best with the time I had made what I did .
I don't claim to be the best nor do I want to be I just wanted to animate my RHG fighting someone else's ,with my own touch.

Plus I like how I didn't even see Taiga in Mike's anim but its called "Gust vs Taiga" .

Haha, just accept cnc next time. He gave you tips on how to improve, he wasn't saying you were a bad animator.

MarkoYesSir
02-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Uhh Mike .. the anim is good.. but . i didnt see any fight between Taiga and you.. just other clan members.

Mr. Evil
02-16-2013, 05:13 AM

Then I'll glady tell you; the first scene of your animation was just an attempt to get your animation as smooth as possible and not keeping in mind to space out movements, so like I've already said, everything moves at a neutral speed, which was very slow and boring to watch.
Then the next scene it's suddenly a new style, witch thicker sticks and much, much choppier movements.
So your animation was very inconsistent, almost every scene threw in some new style. Choose one style and keep at it.

Because the music was slow and had that simple, effortless sounding talk-rapping, which was boring to listen to in a fight scene of any kind. Background music is there to keep something interesting to keep focus at, if the music doesn't do that, I'm mostly likely drawn away from your animation. The only thing to keep me watching was to give criticsism. But like I said, maybe that's just me.

I'm pointing all your minor problems and errors for one reason. Why? So you can improve. If you can't simply get over that, then you'll have a much harder time getting better at animating.

That doesn't hide the fact his was more presentable than yours, the small fight scenes were better and kept my attention. If you don't accept that, then you're a sore loser.
I think can notice now that Mike tries to imply different ideas into battles by now. He's tried to make a story out of your war with him in his part of the war, and in his battle against me he tried to actually fight my RHG himself.
Mike was a good sport and simply read my advice, agreed he didn't do everything perfectly and said to keep my tips in mind so he can get better at animating.

SCOUNDREL
02-16-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm not Michael .
Michael is the Leader actually ,plus I already faced Nitroxide before if you doesn't know .

And I read no CnC I read ranting on how my animation is un-understandable , funny new word .

But if you want to really help me try PM'ing me if you're gonna post super long CnC I promise I'll respect it more than jusst 5 paragraphs on why I didn't get your vote .

Shensurei
02-16-2013, 08:35 AM
And I read no CnC I read ranting on how my animation is un-understandable , funny new word .

But if you want to really help me try PM'ing me if you're gonna post super long CnC I promise I'll respect it more than jusst 5 paragraphs on why I didn't get your vote .
Lol, from what I've seen you're just mad because someone pointed out the flaws in your animation.
Because Tamen posted legitimate CnC, it didnt read anything like a rant.

cuddy
02-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Cash, you are not supposed to vote.
lol, so.

Mikematic- "A copy of what Tamen posted except not as detailed" but I was disappointed how it just ended. The V-cam movements were a bit funny looking when they circled and such but the animation had my attention most of the time by the short pauses and up and down pacing. Very nice although the animation was not that good.

7cashmoney7- "bitch on about how you are complaining" but I liked the animation. I think the way it fell was the pauses like mike's went on for too long. If only a few frames were cut there wouldn't have been that loss of excitement. The combat however was more of a combat than your opponent, alongside generally better but stiff animation.

I can't really decide who did the better battle so I won't vote... yet.

Rosie
02-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Cashmoney, I'd seriously recommend a background with a floor and learning to make decent walk and run cycles. They honestly ruin the animation.
Mike gets my vote. His may not have had a fight with your RHG, but it still looked much, much better.

Drone
02-16-2013, 09:22 PM
ehhhmmm
cash's animation was pretty choppy, like, he double framed way too much, and the style was pretty inconsistent :o
it was also awfully boring
mikes didn't have any actual fighting between the two though =_= but i was in general better animated...
voting for mike

exceld
02-17-2013, 04:47 AM
@MikeMatic: Oh! So this is your animation, huh? After a month, i can see yours!!! lol.. How many animation that you have made.. by the way, i'm making my fourth animation, after my third animation get the tenth place on 20skcj. :) I vote for you ;D

Mikematic
03-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Apparently.. I lost...

Thanks for the votes anyway guys.

Flashwire
03-07-2013, 12:03 PM
According to the votes, you seemed to have won. Explain as to why you lost.

DiPi
03-07-2013, 12:58 PM
According to the votes, you seemed to have won. Explain as to why you lost.

looks like his fight was considered forfeit, since it's true he got more votes, but in his video he didn't animate the fight between him and taiga
it's something like I battle you but, instead of our RHGs, I put two different stickmen

Nanite
03-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Ask a mediator about this predicament, I'm sure they'll straighten things out.