PDA

View Full Version : Elemental Empire - Bad idea

Invincitron
02-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi reader,

Once again I'll start a thread like this. But it's just a discussion and vote about this 3rd Empire which is Elemental. For me it really ruined the game. REALLY. Change the Campaign, Game Style, Tactics, Strategies, Counters... etc. Have fun trying to perfect these or else other people will completely destroy you. I think they should make this free so that people can pick 3 Empires. So disappointed.

I remember Juice Box's post in the other thread 'Third Empire - Bad Idea?' and I totally agreed with her post. Many of you guys wanted this, so have fun playing a completely changed game (Campaign, Game Style, Tactics, Strategies, Counters... etc).

.:Invincitron:.

stickman311
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
I think its a bad idea as there will be so much more updates that CJ can't make stick war 3

Invincitron
02-15-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi reader,

Completely agree. Man, people wanted the Empire. Well, you better enjoy this.

FailingAtFailing
02-15-2013, 09:01 PM
They might have to redo balancing which is gonna be a pain in the arse. They could of course recruit some of the player base to use the third empire against others and see what works and what doesn't. Might save a bunch of time and the volunteers get some pre-mature fun with the new empire. Win-Win!

Azxc
02-15-2013, 09:05 PM
Hum.... since we haven't known the details about this third empire's units
we cannot judge whatever it is bad or not

But in my opinion, this idea is a bit strange....

Tecness2
02-15-2013, 09:20 PM
While you say it's a bad idea, this idea was here as long as Stick Empires was an idea. The original idea was to have 3 empires but they felt as if they should release it with 2 so people can test it and what not.

It's a good idea, don't believe me? Go look at several other games which have three races.
Starcraft
Supreme Commander
Command And Conquer
Red Alert
Planetside

Having only two empires is a bad idea, because then everything becomes extremely predictable, quickly.
A third empire will make things more, difficult. It will be easier to play this game, but harder to be good at.

Panki
02-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Another StarCraft comparison.

Order/Terran
Chaos/Zerg
Elementals/Protoss

uberman
02-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Dont forget dark age of camelot - for a long time far and away the best for plyer vs player action on the web.

Re 'bad idea' I fail to see how anyone can say its bad without knowing the details about the race and the plans for its implementation.
There will always be resistance to change, I guess its human to resist change. But that doesnt mean change can be avoided - if there is one universal rule that doesnt change it is 'everything changes'

FailingAtFailing
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Also, HOW would a 3rd empire be bad anyway? Room for Stick War 3 and we get a cool new way to play.

Panki
02-15-2013, 09:38 PM
I think this is a good idea. I think of Inviction's ideas, but in a different view. Different tactics and different gameplay is hard, but where's the fun in a game when it's easy? I mean, Stick Empires is hard enough for some people, but still, its gonna be a lot of fun, even when it's very hard.

KrayZStick
02-15-2013, 09:39 PM
While you say it's a bad idea, this idea was here as long as Stick Empires was an idea. The original idea was to have 3 empires but they felt as if they should release it with 2 so people can test it and what not.

It's a good idea, don't believe me? Go look at several other games which have three races.
Starcraft
Supreme Commander
Command And Conquer
Red Alert
Planetside

Having only two empires is a bad idea, because then everything becomes extremely predictable, quickly.
A third empire will make things more, difficult. It will be easier to play this game, but harder to be good at.
Can I be a tester? :p

stickman311
02-15-2013, 09:41 PM
I think this is a good idea. I think of Inviction's ideas, but in a different view. Different tactics and different gameplay is hard, but where's the fun in a game when it's easy? I mean, Stick Empires is hard enough for some people, but still, its gonna be a lot of fun, even when it's very hard.

In a way, Only the top player think its easy, and making it harder might lead to people quitting.

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 09:49 PM
the more races, the more players.
the more players, the more money in the developers pocket.
the more money, the happier we all are.
the happier we all are, the larger chance that more players will come.
the larger chance that more players will come, the higher chance for more stick empires and possibly something even more.

correct me if i am wrong with this

petmuju
02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
What's so bad about the 3rd empire? I'll be really happy if there was 5! XD

The more, the merrier! XD
Even if we must pay(and I'm a free to play), I get to try more tactics and strategies! XD

Anyway, the race should be 5 letters name like ORDER and CHAOS. Why not MAGIC? XD

stickman311
02-15-2013, 09:51 PM
explain how to get more players, how paying more money would make us more happier, and how does more people make more stick empires?

FailingAtFailing
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
What's so bad about the 3rd empire? I'll be really happy if there was 5! XD

The more, the merrier! XD
Even if we must pay(and I'm a free to play), I get to try more tactics and strategies! XD

Anyway, the race should be 5 letters name like ORDER and CHAOS. Why not MAGIC? XD

Instead of elements, EARTH

ALIEN
OCEAN
DEATH
STONE

_Ai_
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Then there wouldnt be fire, water and whatnot. Itll just be earth units.

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 09:58 PM
money pays for advertisement which allows everybody who watches some electrical device can know about this
players can tell friends of this game and convince them to give it a try, if it works and the friends of that player like the game. then there you go more players.
paying money has its advantages, it not only makes the developer happy, but what you get from paying into the game will make you happy (chaos and a 1000 empire coins to start along with 300 per month in this case), and paying money allows the developer to get possibly more equipment and support if he/she is smart enough not to waste it, better equipment= better games, better support= better graphics,sounds,art,coding, and sometimes it comes in quicker

did i answer all of your questions correctly? stickman

PUMU
02-15-2013, 10:02 PM
I ponder how the armory will look for elementals.

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 10:04 PM
i imagine 9 glowing orbs each the color of the elementals

Invincitron
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi reader,

Okay yes, it makes its harder which is totally awesome. BUT don't you think it will just mix up the game? How about the Campaign make up a story about it, the Campaign is the story. However, this will make it completely hard for new players. I'm good cause I'm pretty old to Stick Empires, the third empire should add a boost to excitement to you... but not to everyone.

Now, lets have poll after this message... say (+) after the message you're going to send if you think it should be paid for and say (-) after the message you're going to send if you think it shouldn't be payed for.

Personally, I'm a (-) cause they already got Chaos. Lets make it more diverse for players who don't play... thing is, sales might drop way down after you release the Empire.

Invincitron
02-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi reader,

I ponder how the armory will look for elementals.

Oh right, totally forgot! This will also be another problem.. the Armory. Wait, it comes out of their hands. Actually maybe not.

FailingAtFailing
02-15-2013, 10:44 PM
If they want to bump up income, they could make it 2 seperate memberships for Chaos and the Elementals, but for 500 empire coins you can buy a trial for each empire. So basically if you win one match each day you can use one empire of your choice every 2 months or so, and if you like it, buy it for all months!

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 10:54 PM
TRIALS, yes yes and more yes, i see no problem in this in anyway.
but increase the cost for the trial,

50 days till you can buy a trial

FailingAtFailing
02-15-2013, 10:55 PM
TRIALS, yes yes and more yes, i see no problem in this in anyway.
but increase the cost for the trial,

50 days till you can buy a trial

Ummmm 500 coins at 10 coins per day (assuming a win per day) is 50 days.

PUMU
02-15-2013, 10:56 PM
Or they could simply increase the amount of the membership. Which will in the grand scheme of things acquire more customers when they see that y'all are actually including both empires. If they see they are 2 seperate memberships people won't pay. Think about this logic before you respond with any snide remarks

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 10:58 PM
uuuuuummmmmmm failing at failing i dont get where your going at with that extra comment but yeah that's the amount of days you have to wait for that trial idea
provided your winning once a day

PUMU
02-15-2013, 11:02 PM
I also wanted to post how easy it would be since y'all made se connect with Facebook; if someone were to create multiple Facebook accounts and Se as well wouldn't they be gaining free e coins?

Bladed Fire
02-15-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, I hoped that the Elemental Empire will come to SE now its true! God bless me... Anyways, the idea of mine is different... with no orbs replaced with their heads. It VERY COOL instead!I hope this empire will be free and everyone can test it but this is just an imagination. I hope this empire can attract more people(included all my friends in school because they didn't play this so I have no topic to talk with them when its recess time). CrazyJay, you're doing a good job. Make sure to post any progress in the blog, not like Chaos when in development... not organized and that....

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 11:20 PM
i have sent my ideas to crazy jay, check em out at my thread see what you think

(legionnaires and elementals)

WyzDM
02-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't even know why anyone wouldn't want this. That's like saying you don't want change in tactics, change in meta, game variety and more ways to win/have fun. And if you don't like the elemental concept, I doubt you would have have liked the chaos-order deal if that was released later than this. I think it will come out fine.

kingkickass2013
02-16-2013, 12:17 AM
i completely agree with you for once Wyzdklanovneowanb9afuhbxihuivfbhaherqa0hr8034yhg78 ahetb(you and i have been disagreeing alot)

WyzDM
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
i completely agree with you for once Wyzdklanovneowanb9afuhbxihuivfbhaherqa0hr8034yhg78 ahetb(you and i have been disagreeing alot)

We have?

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 12:50 AM
No offense, but I think those disagreeing is just lazy to think of a new strategy.

petmuju
02-16-2013, 01:14 AM
I'll probably start playing again when it's released.

And probably pay when I'm a working adult. XD
And probably won't have time to play. O_o

And end up not paying for the empires... :(

Does anyone wants 5 empires?
2 free 3 premium?

Triss
02-16-2013, 01:24 AM
I'll probably start playing again when it's released.

And probably pay when I'm a working adult. XD
And probably won't have time to play. O_o

And end up not paying for the empires... :(

Does anyone wants 5 empires?
2 free 3 premium?
5 Empires: Too much lags.
Frost's frozen computer gonna burn his icy butt.

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 01:34 AM
5 Empires: Too much lags.
Frost's frozen computer gonna burn his icy butt.

You say its frozen, then why is it burnt?

Triss
02-16-2013, 01:35 AM
You say its frozen, then why is it burnt?
The lags is too much for Frost's computer.
It gonna explode and burn his butt (and body)

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 01:36 AM
The lags is too much for Frost's computer.
It gonna explode and burn his butt (and body)

But its frozen

Triss
02-16-2013, 01:39 AM
But its frozen
Frost's lags can overcome anything.
Trust me, I'm an Asian.

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 01:57 AM
Frost's lags can overcome anything.
Trust me, I'm an Asian.

Im also Asian, I know what im talking about.

fram
02-16-2013, 04:51 AM
i think (if there is) elementals should be defensive tank units as chaos is offense and order half half

Bladed Fire
02-16-2013, 04:58 AM
Triss.is asian too? And Elemental is going to be fun with the combining.

Triss
02-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Triss.is asian too? And Elemental is going to be fun with the combining.
Technically, I live in Asia, so I deserved to be called Asian.

i think (if there is) elementals should be defensive tank units as chaos is offense and order half half
Maybe you should check the thread yourself. Here's the link:
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?51626-Stick-Empires-Third-Race-Elemental-Empire

fram
02-16-2013, 05:15 AM
i have

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 05:44 AM
only 4 units make it strange :|

Triss
02-16-2013, 05:45 AM
only 4 units make it strange :|
Read page 2-4
It tells you that the elements CAN BE COMBINED.
Please, just.....read first.....

Bladed Fire
02-16-2013, 05:47 AM
Lol, with 4 elementals started, they can combine and MUTATE!

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Lol, with 4 elementals started, they can combine and MUTATE!

The ultimate elemental

Fire+water+earth+wind = Ultimate elemental god

BLOWINGSTUFF

Triss
02-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Anti-joke chicken:

Fire+Water= Steam
Earth+Wind= Dust
Steam+Dust= Haze

Water+Wind= Ice
Fire+Earth= Lava
Ice+Lava= Rock

Water+Earth= Nature
Fire+ Wind= Blaze
Nature+Blaze= Inferno

Probably like dat :p

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 05:55 AM
Anti-joke chicken:

Fire+Water= Steam
Earth+Wind= Dust
Steam+Dust= Haze

Water+Wind= Ice
Fire+Earth= Lava
Ice+Lava= Rock

Water+Earth= Nature
Fire+ Wind= Blaze
Nature+Blaze= Inferno

Probably like dat :p
Want some chicken?

Triss
02-16-2013, 06:00 AM
Want some chicken?
lol you don't understand what I meant by "Anti-Joke Chicken"
It's a chicken that have no sense of a joke.
Here's an example:
http://www.fileize.com/files/49878672/e81/anti-joke_chicken-resize.png
P.S: HORRAY FOR 500TH POST!
P.S.S: jombloxx, you changed your avatar because Panki tells you that he likes chicken, am I right?:p

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 06:15 AM
lol you don't understand what I meant by "Anti-Joke Chicken"
It's a chicken that have no sense of a joke.
Here's an example:
http://www.fileize.com/files/49878672/e81/anti-joke_chicken-resize.png
P.S: HORRAY FOR 500TH POST!
P.S.S: jombloxx, you changed your avatar because Panki tells you that he likes chicken, am I right?:p

NOP i tried to animate the chicken in CS:GO trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnZ8uj0kuXI)

Watch all the parts its very funny :P

fram
02-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Watch all the parts its very funny :P
lolx2

isgood
02-16-2013, 06:35 AM
I like tue third empire idea, but not the elemyal idea because how can you make an unit comparable to crawlers and swordwraths?

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 06:36 AM
lolx2

whatcha mean

fram
02-16-2013, 06:40 AM
The admin launcher and the chicken bomb/defuses

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 06:42 AM
The admin launcher and the chicken bomb/defuses

lol yea watch the other parts 2 :D and u want avatar?

fram
02-16-2013, 06:56 AM
nah

Jombloxx
02-16-2013, 06:57 AM
nah

WHY?

asdfstick
02-16-2013, 09:11 AM
I don't care about the new race as long as their's not a flame war going on about it.

KrayZStick
02-16-2013, 09:12 AM
What exactly do you mean?

asdfstick
02-16-2013, 09:17 AM
What exactly do you mean?

Just people arguing about the race. If it's overpowered, underpowered, should be free,shouldn't be free,which unit is the best, that kind of stuff.

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Just people arguing about the race. If it's overpowered, underpowered, should be free,shouldn't be free,which unit is the best, that kind of stuff.

There will be some argument on that, I assure you. At least on under/overpowered from people who cant beat/use them.

asdfstick
02-16-2013, 09:24 AM
There will be some argument on that, I assure you. At least on under/overpowered from people who cant beat/use them.

Yeah I would understand that but if an arguement gets too far, then a flame war might occur.

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Well, Tec will put an end to that, no worries.

GokuXx
02-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi reader,

Once again I'll start a thread like this. But it's just a discussion and vote about this 3rd Empire which is Elemental. For me it really ruined the game. REALLY. Change the Campaign, Game Style, Tactics, Strategies, Counters... etc. Have fun trying to perfect these or else other people will completely destroy you. I think they should make this free so that people can pick 3 Empires. So disappointed.

I remember Juice Box's post in the other thread 'Third Empire - Bad Idea?' and I totally agreed with her post. Many of you guys wanted this, so have fun playing a completely changed game (Campaign, Game Style, Tactics, Strategies, Counters... etc).

Yeah the ''Elemental Empire'' Ruined the whole game because you are basically changing the whole game and making it bad. Just keep it how it is and make better tactics and cooler stuff.

ShadowyWhisper
02-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Wait, did it already come out!!!

jerrytt
02-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Yeah the ''Elemental Empire'' Ruined the whole game because you are basically changing the whole game and making it bad. Just keep it how it is and make better tactics and cooler stuff.

So just the adding of a new empire some months down the road is making it bad, even though no stats, abilities, requirements for use, and units have been revealed or tested yet?
How would you keep it as it is, yet add new things? That makes sense.
And isn't the addition of a new empire adding new tactics? And Im pretty sure an Elemental empire s cooler than what we have now.

DragonFrost
02-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Wait, did it already come out!!!

They announced it, but they haven't finished it yet (i think). If they have, they haven't released it to public yet.

_Ai_
02-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Why do you think the Third Empire killed the game? I dont think so. It adds more challenge to the game, making it more thrilling.

Ninjareviver
02-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Guys, you haven’t even played as Elemental empire yet and in fact you’ve only seen 4 units. I think the 11+ people who voted “No” or wanted a different idea are really just disappointed that their empire suggestion wasn’t considered. Please, just try and give CrazyJay some encouragement. Also, having a 3rd empire gives another dimension to the game, which makes it more interesting and fun. If I wanted to play a game that took no thinking or strategy, I would just play something else like a FPS.

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Yes, good point NinjaReviver. I agree with you.

KrayZStick
02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
I agree too! Why wouldn't want it? It will make the game completely better! It'll be more fun, more complex, you'd actually have to think about what to do with them... New strategies, I'm not worried about the lore, it's just a story! It's like going on League of Legends and saying I DON"T WANT ANY MORE NEW CHAMPIONS! (Although they should stop making 1 every week). This is the biggest thing in stick empires this year! BE HAPPY MOTHER FKERS! GEEZ YOU"RE RUINING MY LIFE! Jk, but seriously. Go press the YES Button, or I will assassinate you shadowraith style....

Triss
02-18-2013, 07:54 AM
That's the point.
Too many people just think so quickly without thinking of new possibility.
Let's think the possibility!

1. More players will join
2. More creative strategies
3. More sponsors for SP (by buying chaos/elemental)
4. Meaning more games!
5. Also, more news, updates, and campaigns!(maybe)

So people, think first before deciding something.

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 08:06 AM
I just wonder why people think The Elements destroy the game.

KrayZStick
02-18-2013, 08:08 AM
I just wonder why people think The Elements destroy the game.
They're creatures of habit Mr. Aiman, best not to question them...

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 08:17 AM
But...but...theyre unreasonable

Ninjareviver
02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
But...but...theyre unreasonable
Well, I’m pretty sure it’s because their empire suggestion wasn’t brought to the game. I like Elemental because it’s unique, I don’t want another Chaos/Order clone.

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Well, I’m pretty sure it’s because their empire suggestion wasn’t brought to the game. I like Elemental because it’s unique, I don’t want another Chaos/Order clone.

Or just lazy to think of a new strategy to beat it XD

ShadowyWhisper
02-18-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm going to make a new poll. Who hates the Elemental Empire, who doesn;t.

WyzDM
02-18-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm going to make a new poll. Who hates the Elemental Empire, who doesn;t.

That's exactly what this poll is for...?

lntrepid
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, judging from the picture, the water may be melee, the fire ranged, the wind air, and the earth probably magic. Every empire has at least one of each, though the thing that would get to me would be adapting and balancing.

KrayZStick
02-18-2013, 03:02 PM
I would've thought fire was magic... remember, you can combine them!

ShadowyWhisper
02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Umm... actually Fire is melee. Whips don't reach very far.
:)

Tecness2
02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
I would have thought that Earth would be melee, fire would be ranged, air would be air, water would be basic magic.
You are all trying to figure out what you will get if you combine two units, but what if you could combine 3? Or even 4?

FailingAtFailing
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
I would have thought that Earth would be melee, fire would be ranged, air would be air, water would be basic magic.
You are all trying to figure out what you will get if you combine two units, but what if you could combine 3? Or even 4?

I imagine combining like 4 would result in maybe a giant?

jli
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Nah. I don't think you're allowed to combine all four, but if you did, you'd get a pretty OP unit.

I think a giant should be pure earth.

So, Order units (these are just guesses):
Swordwrath = E
Archer = A
Spearton = 2E
Ninja = E + F
Meric = E + W
Magikill = W + F + A
Albatross = 2A
Giant = 3E

KrayZStick
02-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Does no body know about my awesome Rock Giant idea? 2 Earth + 1 Fire = Lava + 1 Water = Rock!
(2E + F) + W

ShadowyWhisper
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
WAIT!!! I think I know how it's going to work. You have 4 units, right? If you buy 2 units at the same time, it melts together.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:06 PM
If you messed up by 1 millisecond it wouldn't combine?

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 11:53 PM
This whole thing is still a mystery. We just have to wait...

Xave14
03-06-2013, 02:16 PM
it was decided when stick war 2 came out
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rfgdci.png

ShadowyWhisper
03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
So when's it coming out?

Just kidding. How do you know if it's a bad idea if it hasn't come out yet? Wait, be patient.

blu3blitz
03-06-2013, 03:19 PM
well, some people are getting bored of SE (not me mind you) so the third empire could be pretty refreshing for certain players , i personally am looking foreword to it, plus elemental empire is new, who do you think would win? a veteran order player, or a noob elemental player?

KrayZStick
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
well, some people are getting bored of SE (not me mind you) so the third empire could be pretty refreshing for certain players , i personally am looking foreword to it, plus elemental empire is new, who do you think would win? a veteran order player, or a noob elemental player?

How would that match up? Vet = 1800, noob = 1200? And vet obv win, more experience.

WheresMyCheetos
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM
How would that match up? Vet = 1800, noob = 1200? And vet obv win, more experience.

Agree.

And why is there so any elemental/trd empire/lore thread?!!?!?
Its not out so why are we judging

ShadowyWhisper
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
A veteran has more control over their economy, while a noob doesn't

kingkickass2013
03-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Who's to say a noob can't suddenly win (lag forfeit, enemy lag forfeits suddenly)

ShadowyWhisper
03-06-2013, 06:20 PM
WyzDM got paired with ronron012, WyzDM was 2400 and ronron012 was 850.

KrayZStick
03-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Matchmaking sux...

ShadowyWhisper
03-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I got paired with the same person 5 times in a row, it was not a friendly match.