PDA

View Full Version : legionaires and elementals

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 10:17 PM
hey here they are, i set up 2 whole races in which i set into battle rapidly through the wonders of tests, they are as balanced as i could get them and i made them quite unique in their own special way

LEGIONNAIRES: they are a strong race who do not believe in the wonders of magic (so no giant, flying, or magic units in this fight) and instead look towards brute force, they have stayed hidden in another far away land increasing their strength and power over time, but when they found out about the land and riches that are in Inamorata, they set off into the seas to take the land and its riches in which chaos and order dont take fondly to.

the legionnaires dont have castle archers

reason for fighting: gold and other riches

infantry: basic units that carry a sword, a large shield, and a short bow.

speed: they run a little slower than a swordwrath
attack speed:as fast as a raged swordwrath
damage: as much damage as a raged swordwrath
health: 3 blocks of health
time: 15 seconds
cost: 350 gold
population cost: 2

purchasable upgrades:
tempered steel, increases damage on the sword they use in which now they do as much damage as a spearton, costs 500 gold and 20 mana
poisoned arrows, gives the short bow a poison effect, costs 200 gold and 50 mana
starting abilities:
short bow, have the legionnaire drop his weapons to take out a short bow, in order to get the weapon and shield back you must head back to where the soldiers weapons were left and re activate the ability so he would put away the short bow and pick his weapons back up. when this happens the unit now is a ranged unit that does as much damage as an archidon but it shoots at a shorter distance, he also becomes a bit faster due to the loss of the heavy shield and sword.

javelin thrower: these ground units are extremely strong and throw javelins at a long range.

speed: they run (walk) slower than an archidon
attack speed: they attack as fast as an spearton
damage: the same damage as a shadowraths first shinobi upgrade but without the poison
attack range: the range of an archidons fire arrows
health: 2 blocks of health
time: 20 seconds
cost: 500 gold and 150 mana
population cost: 4

purchasable upgrades:
marathon training, the javelin throwers speed is increased to the point where it is as fast as a swordwrath, costs 300 gold and 25 mana
starting upgrades:
dual wield javelins, the javelin thrower throws two javelins at the same time for 10 seconds, doubling both the attack speed and damage, cost to use is 75 mana and with a recharge time of 50

guardian: these heavily armored units are ment to tank in damage to an extremely powerful point (they have absolutely no attack what so ever, so back them up with somebody who has an attack), if there are 6 of these soldiers in a line (vertical line, not horizontal) they cannot be passed by any ground unit excluding giants, think of them like a living wall that can be passed by giants and flying units.

speed: they run as fast as a giant
attack speed: they have no attack so no attack speed
damage: still no weaponry=no attack
health: 8 blocks of health
time: 30 seconds
cost: 400 gold
population cost: 3

purchasable upgrades:
juggernaut, they become a bit larger in size, so they are larger than a swordwrath now. the larger the unit, the more they will be able to defend against flying units attacks. costs 200 gold with a time of 20.
starting upgrades:
defend,the guardian takes out the huge shield he uses to decrease 25% of the damage he takes, during this state he cannot move but if their are 6 of them standing in a vertical line they are impassible if they are all in this state. can be activated and deactivated.
regeneration, these soldiers have received so much damage before this war for inamorata they regenerate health over time if they arent taking any damage.

enslaved crawler: the legionnaires found these little creatures adorable (HOW DARE THEY!), so they payed chaos a visit and enslaved a whole bunch of the crawlers. the only difference in the enslaved crawlers is that they can poison and they can be armed in small scraps known as light armor, but they no longer have their original chaos abilities.

speed, attack speed, damage, health, time, cost, population cost: same as the crawler (you dont say)

purchasable upgrades:
light armor, gives the crawler small pieces of armor in which decreases the amount of damage taken by 10%, costs 50 gold, 10 mana, and a time of 40.
starting upgrades:
poisoned claws and teeth, the legionnaires have injected venom in both the claws and the teeth of the crawlers, making their teeth and claws poisonous.

weakling: the armies bravest yet weakest soldier (these small guys run towards giants they are that brave), it can literally die instantly from a single miner attack, but they are easily massed to the point where they overwhelm a single target, they also have the lowest population cap you can get. they are meant for quick support, they wield 2 daggers and are the same size as the bomber (the legionnaires could of shipped a couple of weaklings to a new land in search of gold but instead the weaklings were enslaved and turned into bombers or visa versa), note for everybody who says players would just mass these units at the beginning and dominate with them THEY AREN'T MEANT FOR STATUE DESTRUCTION all you need to kill a whole bunch of these units instantly is a single castle archer and if they even attempt to get close to a miner the miner can just turn around and insta kill that guy (which i find pretty sad that these guys can instantly die to the miners attack).

speed:as fast as a shadowrath (the best thing about them)
attack speed: MUCH faster than a crawler (another plus)
damage: much less than a swordwraths basic attack
health: .3 blocks of health (so they have .3 health instead of 1)
time: 5 seconds (yet another plus)
cost: 25 gold (another great plus)
population cost: .1 (so 10 of these guys equal 1 population)

purchasable upgrades:
second chance, these soldiers may be the weakest, but they are also the most dedicated to their job. once these soldiers die they will instantly get back up and try again at their maximum health(that being of course gonna die instantly again due to such a low health and its only a SECOND chance, they get no third chance or fourth chance). costs 500 gold with a research time of 25.
starting upgrades:
nothing

medic: the medic has no basic knowledge of healing magic (unlike the meric) so uses crude surgical techniques in order to help keep the soldier alive, the only attack it has is with its first aid kit but that's meant for healing, not combat. the medic during healing also completely stops the soldier from doing basic objectives in order to begin healing, meaning if you want to heal somebody to full health, they must stop what they are doing and take no commands.

speed: the same as a swordwrath
attack speed: still same as a swordwrath
damage, healing speed, healing power: same as a meric
health: 1 block of health
time: 15 seconds
cost: 350 gold and 20 mana
population cost: 2

purchasable upgrades:
medical training, the medic is trained further in the medical world, henceforth the medic now heals at a faster rate, costs 500 gold and 100 mana with a research time of 40.
stitches, the medic now holds stitches which now the medic can apply to the soldier of choice and have them regenerate over time for a certain amount of seconds (30-40 seconds of slow healing), costs 200 gold and 30 mana with a research time of 20. player chooses who is gets the slow regeneration for 30-40 seconds and this also has a 50 second recharge time.
better cures, the cure injection the medic has now has a 100% chance to cure the unit, costs 400 gold and 150 mana.
starting upgrades:
bandages, the medic stops the unit where it is and begins healing by bandaging the wounds the unit received (the unit is healed at the same pace as a meric heals regular units, unless you have medical training).
cure injection, the medic takes out a needle containing a liquid that has a 50% chance to get rid of the poison effect on a unit, can be activated and deactivated on whether the medic uses this ability or not. (good for when you think your soldiers are too far away to reach garrison and wont make it back to base), can attempt this multiple times with a 10 second recharge time.

encampment builder: this unit has special abilities that no other unit in the legionnaires have, it can build special objects. (the miners for the legionnaires cant build anything, they dont have tower spawn upgrades due to not having any basic knowledge in magic).

speed: slower than a giant (the horse carriage it rides in contains a lot of building supplies and tools)
attack speed: it has no attack
damage: still no attack
health: 1 block of health
time: 50 seconds (its almost completely worth it)
cost: 750 gold and 300 mana (still almost completely worth the unit)
population cost: 5

purchasable upgrades:
barrack crawlers, the barrack that the builder can build now spawns free enslaved crawlers along with the free weaklings and infantry. upgrade cost 400 with a time of 20 seconds
brick wall infantry, the brick wall that the builder can build now has 2 infantry standing on top of it holding short bows, they are like castle archers but without the splash damage. upgrade cost of 500 with a time of 30 seconds
starting upgrades:
barracks, the builder builds a barrack which spawns free uncontrollable units like a tower spawn upgrade, the only difference is it keeps spawning them even if the same unit is on the battle field (it spawns weaklings every 10 seconds, infantry without their short bow every 60 seconds, and if you have the barracks crawlers upgrade spawns enslaved crawlers every 25 seconds) you can only have 1 barrack and it takes 30 seconds to build and when built the timer for every unit starts, the barracks have 1 block of health so protect them at all cost, can be clicked on to view how much time is left for each unit. cost to build is 500 gold and 50 mana.
brick wall, the builder builds a brick wall that has 8 blocks of health that is impassable by all enemy units, this wall can be upgraded to have 2 infantry holding short bows standing on top of the brick wall like castle archers, only one wall can be built, (use this wall to protect the precious barracks you have). 300 gold and 75 mana.

centurions: strongest of all the soldiers in the legionnaire army, this one man army is extremely costly and has an extremely high population cost, but they are extremely versatile but have only one weakness, flying units. these units also cant get stunned at all so using giant boulders and melee aren't going to do you any good against these guys

speed: faster than a spearton
attack speed: as fast as a raged swordwrath
damage: does as much damage as blazing bolts
health: 7 blocks of health
time: 45 seconds
cost: 1400 gold and 200 mana
population cost: 10

purchasable upgrades:
sharper blades, increases the damage this unit deals, costs 750 gold with a time of 30
extra plating, adds another block of health to this unit, costs 750 gold with a time of 30
starting upgrades:
battle cry, when this ability is activated the ally units around it gain an attack boost and if any enemy units are in radius are stunned for a small amount of time (this effects all units, giants including)

due to not having knowledge of magic, they have no tower spawn or resilience

ELEMENTALS: the elementals have been conjured up into existence by rogue magikill, them and the rogue magikill have lived high up in the mountains, but the orb of power have sighted thousands of order and chaos soldiers fighting and making their way towards the mountains, they knew at a certain point in time war will cross them, and that time is now. whats special about the elementals is they don't actually use gold to get units they only have mana as an economy and miners do not exist for the elementals, they don't have purchasable upgrades and instead their kingdom is replaced by 7 orbs, they only have 7 units, each orb gives a small amount of mana 5 every couple of seconds, each orb can be destroyed and when one orb is destroyed the unit that orb belonged to is no longer usable. the orb colors consist of, red (fire), blue (water), yellow (lightning), light blue (ice), brown (earth), green (life), white (wind). if you lose one orb you gain mana at a slower rate, if you have one orb left its takes an extremely long time to make a soldier (each orb has 50 hp where as the regular statue has 100 without resilience)

all elementals have the same attack speed, damage, movement speed, health, cost, time, and population.
speed: they run as fast as a swordwrath
regular attack damage: they do as much damage as a swordwrath
attack speed: as fast as a spearton
health: 3 blocks of health
cost: 300 mana
time: 1 second
population cost: 1
all throwing spells and shooting spells have the same distance as an archidons regular attack

reason for fighting: protection of their land

the fire elementals abilities:

flame thrower, the fire elemental shoots a large amount of fire from its hands, rapidly and constantly damaging those targeted (continues firing until all enemies are out of radius, after that it has a 6 second recharge time)
explosive rush, the fire elemental quickly sprints forward and whoever it bumps into a massive fire forms in which any enemy who passes it will be damaged severely and the fire ends in a large radius explosion (recharge time 60, fire effects last 20 seconds till explosion)
fire elementals death, when the fire elemental dies the melee units around it have 5 seconds to flee the area before the corpse explodes violently (this only takes effect when the fire elemental dies)

the water elementals abilities:

water ball, the water elemental throws a powerful water ball which has SPLASH damage (it has a recharge time of 8)
heavy rain, the water elemental casts a large rainfall which makes it the size of a fully upgraded giant and do 3 times more damage with all attacks (effects last for 20 seconds, with a recharge time of 120 seconds)
boiling water, the water elemental increases it temperature making it much hotter, in other words its attacks do even more damage when this is done (effects last 20 seconds with a recharge time of 60)
boiling water and heavy rain can be combined

the lightning elementals abilities:

lightning strike, the lightning elemental casts a large lightning storm that strikes in random places all around the map (best used in small maps), could hit the enemy statue, could hit nothing, could possibly hit an enemy soldier (its random on what it strikes, effects last for 60 seconds with a recharge time of 120 seconds)
lightning bolt, the lightning elemental shoots a single lightning bolt at a single enemy, (recharge time 6 seconds)
chain lightning, same as the lightning bolt only this shot moves from one unit to another, effectively damaging multiple enemies (recharge time 25 seconds)

the ice elementals abilities:

ice ball, the ice elemental throws an ice ball which slows the movement of the enemy by 30% but no damage is done (effects last for 30 seconds, recharge time of 10)
blizzard, a large snowstorm forms around the ice elemental, slowing the movement of any enemy unit around it by 40% and rapidly damages them (the ice elemental cannot move while doing this, lasts 15 seconds with a recharge time of 60 seconds)
ice equipment, the ice elemental makes a sword and armor (shield,helmet,body armor, ETC ETC ETC) out of ice which increases its health and damage (during this state the elemental cant cast any other spells, effects last 30 seconds with a recharge time of 40)

the earth elementals abilities:

rock wall, the earth elemental raises a giant wall of stone which has 6 blocks of health (it acts just like orders wall only its built instantly, it has a recharge time of 30, there can only be 2 rock walls)
stone men, the earth elemental spawns uncontrollable weak stone soldiers to help assist him during battle (they look exactly like a gray swordwrath with only one block of health, recharge time of 15)
stone throw, the earth elemental throws a large rock at its enemy, causing stun and damage (recharge time of 8)

the life elementals abilities:

poison vines, the life element sends poisonous vines to tangle a single enemy in, these vines will keep the enemy unit stuck in place and give the enemy unit poison damage, the unit can only be freed by another unit (it has a recharge time of 40)
heal, has the ability to heal friendly elementals to full health instantly (a recharge time of 60, note there is no garrison for the elementals but luckily the elementals cant become poisoned)
thorns, the life elemental rapidly shoot thorns at its enemies (continues firing until the enemy leaves its range, after that its got a 6 second recharge time)

the wind elementals abilities:

air blast, a quick attack that knocks all enemies back and stuns them for a while (recharge time of 12)
flight, the wind elemental quickly jets up into the air and has full flight capabilities, in flight the wind elemental can still cast air shot and air blast(effects last 40 seconds and has a recharge time of 80 seconds)
air cannon, the wind elemental blasts a circle of air at a single enemy unit which knocks it back and does damage (recharge time of 5)

i attempted to make the elemental race unique, so they only have 1 economy type which is mana, each of the orbs contribute 5 mana every couple of seconds, all abilities (except the fire explosive death) must be cast like a magikills spell, they have 7 orbs you need to destroy, so if you plan on rushing take out the orb of the unit they use most. i tried my best to make them as evenly powered as the current chaos and order.

my ideas, i made them as balanced as possible

petmuju
02-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Did you use my idea for weakling???

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 10:43 PM
idk did i?

i made these people a long time ago, and had them stored away safely in the same cabinet i keep my bolts and arrows

anyway this race is the whole set idea i have for that new elementals race that i had planned for its inevitable arrival, and the legionnaires just because i love setting my idea into the world

PUMU
02-15-2013, 11:07 PM
I assume the lightning and ice elementals would be more affective on flying units no?

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 11:17 PM
hmm that would seem likely

the wind elemental also plays quite a roll in anti air

but i imagine rushers would use fire and water elementals more

massers would use lightning,ice and life

and defenders would use earth and wind

Bladed Fire
02-15-2013, 11:42 PM
Hmm... good, but I don't know what is legionaires! XD
Try not to use the same unit except miners, and that's all. Good luck having CRAZY JAY enjoying your ideas! I think he would just make only elementals...

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 11:44 PM
legionnaires, if you read what they were, are soldiers from a far away land seeking riches and more land. they found inamorata and plan on taking it, they dont believe in magic or flight capabilities. so they stay on the ground with no giants, magic, or flying units. whats not to get about them

Bladed Fire
02-15-2013, 11:47 PM
Oh, good idea, may make them a rival to Spearton and Juggerknight? Maybe if they didn''t belive that, give them anti-air.

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 11:52 PM
they have 2 units that have ranged capabilities

one of which can switch from melee to ranged
and the other is high costing but worth it since its extremely strong

anything else?

Bladed Fire
02-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Nothing. But may I post my elemental suggestions in my early age to here? I think I still remember.

kingkickass2013
02-15-2013, 11:58 PM
sure

and who knows they may topple my ideas completely

Bladed Fire
02-16-2013, 12:14 AM
Lol,
Ok, first,
Miner
Simple infantry-Leaf(forgot the real) Slightly lesser all the stats from Swordwrath Have an ability of nature healing
Ranged infantry-Water(also) Ability shoot dual water bubble and water prison
Heavy INfantry-Earth( also too) Summon an earth shield that have advantage like shield wall except is passive.
Fast-Lightning(also) TEleport to a unit's behind and BACKELECTROCUTE lol
Flying-Wind(also) Ability Move faster and shoot double/bigger wind gust
Support-Forgot
Leader-Fire(also forgot lol) Ability to shoot fire arrows that explodes in a radius for melee attack | fireball more damage and radius than blast
Giant-Quarant(remembered!)quake and quake until you die....

petmuju
02-16-2013, 12:42 AM
idk did i?

i made these people a long time ago, and had them stored away safely in the same cabinet i keep my bolts and arrows

anyway this race is the whole set idea i have for that new elementals race that i had planned for its inevitable arrival, and the legionnaires just because i love setting my idea into the world

Oh, then I guess we were thinking of the same thing! XD
Great minds think alike you know? XD

I forgot where I posted my idea for weakling but I believe it's the 'what unit would you add for order' and what unit would you add for chaos' threads I think.
It has 1/2 population and instant training.
And weakling can die in single hit. But my idea for speed was different: He's slower than miner. XD

Bladed Fire
02-16-2013, 12:51 AM
Let's combine some elements!
Fire+Earth=Lava
Fire+Water=Nothing or you can say.... Carbon Dioxide because it extinguished!
Fire+Wind=...Carbon Dioxide?
Fire+Fire=Why did I make this stupid thing?
Earth+Fire=...
Earth+Water=Maybe...Swamp
Earth+Wind=Maybe Sand
Water+Fire=...
Water+Earth=...
Water+Wind=Wave!
Wind+Fire=...
Wind+... Wait! Why am I so stupid?
Open your mind... and be stupid like me...

Triss
02-16-2013, 12:53 AM
Let's combine some elements!
Fire+Earth=Lava
Fire+Water=Nothing or you can say.... Carbon Dioxide because it extinguished!
Fire+Wind=...Carbon Dioxide?
Fire+Fire=Why did I make this stupid thing?
Earth+Fire=...
Earth+Water=Maybe...Swamp
Earth+Wind=Maybe Sand
Water+Fire=...
Water+Earth=...
Water+Wind=Wave!
Wind+Fire=...
Wind+... Wait! Why am I so stupid?
Open your mind... and be stupid like me...
Look at my combination on CJ's thread.
http://forums.stickpage.com/showthread.php?51626-Stick-Empires-Third-Race-Elemental-Empire/page4

Bladed Fire
02-16-2013, 01:09 AM
Wow. Also, can carbon dioxide kill? I think only carbon monoxide kiil only. Oh I know, carbon dioxide increases Fire's damage.

kingkickass2013
02-16-2013, 01:25 AM
yes, just about everything in existence can kill you

_Ai_
02-16-2013, 01:35 AM
Except a spoon. Or is it?

kingkickass2013
02-17-2013, 09:46 PM
a spoon can kill you, if you hit them fast enough, hard enough, and if you hit them in the right spots, you will successfully kill them.

you can kill people with a sponge
you can kill people with a pillow
you can kill people with air
you can kill people with balloons

anything can kill you if flung fast enough and used correctly (sometimes it needs to be used correctly in order to kill somebody)

KrayZStick
02-17-2013, 09:49 PM
a spoon can kill you, if you hit them fast enough, hard enough, and if you hit them in the right spots, you will successfully kill them.

you can kill people with a sponge
you can kill people with a pillow
you can kill people with air
you can kill people with balloons

anything can kill you if flung fast enough and used correctly (sometimes it needs to be used correctly in order to kill somebody)
Balloons hurt as heck man, I'm still afraid of 'em. And yes you can kill people with air, just pump enough into their stomach and they'll die of burps :p

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 12:04 AM
Im afraid of baloons...When they pop.