PDA

View Full Version : When are we going to be able to use the Elemental Empire and is it free?

SavageStick
02-16-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm excited about this new Empire.

kingkickass2013
02-16-2013, 02:43 PM
all in due time, all in due time young spearton

malbence
02-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Young Spearton, do not tell me that you are thinking of betraying the Order and leaving for the Elementals?

KrayZStick
02-16-2013, 03:30 PM
Crazy Jay said he would explain it later as it progresses... Patience man!

Hey guys to answer some questions: At this point I will let you know a bit about how the new Empire will work in regards to what is for sure.

This Empire will be a bit more complex to use at first however we will keep the balance as close as we can so that no Empire is overpowered, this is a lot of work but we will always work to keep them in balance.

On your Unit creation hub you will have the choice to build only 4 unit types, as shown in the picture, Air, Water, Earth, Fire. The interesting part comes in that you can combine these units together during the game to create new and more powerful units. example: Earth plus Fire elements = Some type of more powerful Lava Unit.

I don't want to give away anymore at this point and hope to reveal some more on the blog as we animate, create the new unit types, but I will try to share as we go to keep you all in the loop.

Jason W

DragonFrost
02-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Crazy Jay said he would explain it later as it progresses... Patience man!

But when is it coming out?

kingkickass2013
02-16-2013, 06:09 PM
PATIENCE MAN PATIENCE
Y U NO HAVE PATIENCE

if he said it will come it will come, i don't say to be continued and then never continue it except that one time

DragonFrost
02-16-2013, 06:10 PM
PATIENCE MAN PATIENCE
Y U NO HAVE PATIENCE

if he said it will come it will come, i don't say to be continued and then never continue it except that one time

But.. I don't have patience :( (actually I hope this empire doesn't come out until after I can play again XD)

kingkickass2013
02-16-2013, 06:12 PM
patience is the key to all life, if things happened instantly all the time, we would have 5 second lives

DragonFrost
02-16-2013, 06:43 PM
patience is the key to all life, if things happened instantly all the time, we would have 5 second lives

So we have to patiently wait for our death? That sucks :(

KrayZStick
02-16-2013, 06:54 PM
So you would rather be shot, then die of old age? lol

DragonFrost
02-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Yes. But only if I get shot in the forehead or the nose.

petmuju
02-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Now the only thing I can think of bout this empire are... miners?

ShadowyWhisper
02-16-2013, 07:40 PM

80% of people die diagnosed with some sort of disease. Dying of old age by itself is actually very rare.

As for the Elemental Empire:

If it costs money:
I'm not paying for it, so I'll be at a disadvantage.

If it doesn't:
I probably won't use it anyways, and that'll also put me at a disadvantage because it took me FOREVER to understand how Chaos worked through replays. Don't even think about Elemental. But there's only 4, so maybe...

jli
02-16-2013, 08:00 PM
80% of people die diagnosed with some sort of disease. Dying of old age by itself is actually very rare.

Hm. How would you die solely by being too old? Is that possible?

If it doesn't:
I probably won't use it anyways, and that'll also put me at a disadvantage because it took me FOREVER to understand how Chaos worked through replays. Don't even think about Elemental. But there's only 4, so maybe...

You're very mistaken here, friend. CrazyJay is introducing an entire new set of semantics with the Elemental Empire: you can make new units by combining the elementals. In that case, if they actually follow through with every combination, the smallest number of compound units you can have is 4 nCr 2 = 4!/(2!(2!)) = 4*3/(2) = 6.

malbence
02-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Your body is too old to reproduce cells and then you die.

Personally I want to die with pain so I know I'm dying. I don't want to go to bed when I'm old thinking that I might die overnight. :P

But oh well, whatever floats your boat!

Anyways I think it'd be funny if the Elemental currency was some element, like polonium or something, just a random element. :D and so the heads of the miners would just have that element instead of gold (that's boring).

FailingAtFailing
02-16-2013, 08:33 PM
Your body is too old to reproduce cells and then you die.

Personally I want to die with pain so I know I'm dying. I don't want to go to bed when I'm old thinking that I might die overnight. :P

But oh well, whatever floats your boat!

Anyways I think it'd be funny if the Elemental currency was some element, like polonium or something, just a random element. :D and so the heads of the miners would just have that element instead of gold (that's boring).

Why polonium? Why not silver or platinum? Or even a chunk of coal for coal miners.

malbence
02-16-2013, 08:51 PM
Lol just the first element I thought of. :P

Ninjareviver
02-17-2013, 07:10 AM
The Elemental empire will most likely NOT be free to play. It probably won’t be a seperate membership to paying for chaos either. So members on Stick Empires who currently pay for their $4 a month membership will be provided with the Elemental Empire ALONGSIDE with the Chaos Empire, thus encouraging players to pay for membership and thus encouraging the devs to make Stick War 3.
I personally don’t mind if it’s an exclusive Empire simply because the devs need money to continue on with the Stick Wars/Empires series. What all of you guys need to consider is that the devs have mature adult lives outside the game and they also might have bills to pay and mouths to feed.

I don’t mind if the Elemental empire cost money, but as long as it isn’t unbalance/overpowered. Which is probably going to take a lot of testing with this PARTICULAR empire simply because they have to expect various types of matches, such as:
Elemental vs. Order
Elemental vs Chaos
Elemental vs. Elemental

I don’t know the exact direct answer of when the Elemental empire is going to be release, but I assume this update it going to take up to a month (at worst)

Triss
02-17-2013, 07:33 AM
How about we hold an event?
In this event, we allow one free-day time to play as Chaos and Elemmental.
So, all of us can get a glimpse of Elemental and Chaos!