PDA

View Full Version : Passive Income, is it worth getting?

KrayZStick
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
First upgrade takes about 150 Gold and somewhat 100 - 150 Mana, for what? 5 gold per 2 - 3 seconds? Unless you're turtling for 40 minutes straight, I don't think it's gonna help you much! :(

FailingAtFailing
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Don't forget the free mana. It makes its money back quickly, and then you get passive income 2 and 3. Passive income 3 is like having the tower and a miner praying at the same time. PLUS it can't be taken away from you in any way except losing your statue. It is well worth it. If you have need a miner and have 100 gold and mana and a decent army, passive income is good. It also doesn't require any population at all, unlike a miner. Keep that in mind.

Although the first level does suck.

Tecness2
02-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Yes, it's worth it.
Level 3 passive gold is 20 gold every 10(?) seconds and so much mana every couple of seconds. It's very useful.

kingkickass2013
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
i find it completely useless, the only time i buy it is when i own the middle pillar and have my 8 miners

MiamiBigAL
02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
I think it's only worth getting when you have nothing else to buy. An extra miner is always going to be more economical than passive income.

It's also only worth getting passive income if you're gonig to get all 3 levels (the third one has twice the value of the first two upgrades)

isgood
02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Passive income is very helpful in campaign, but not much in online

kingkickass2013
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
maybe they should decrease the first upgrades cost, keep the middle upgrades cost, and increase the last upgrades cost just a bit

so it works with you, not against you

WyzDM
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
I only buy it on GH if I ever do. TBH I think it could use a buff or a rework.

ShadowyWhisper
02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
I never really use it much, does it really help much at all, to be spending that much on Passive?

Really, consider the points. You get it early game, that puts you down economically. You need to make up for it and by then your opponent's army/economy will have surpassed yours.

You get it late game:
There is no point. At that point, you will have enough miners and it's not necessary at all.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I never really use it much, does it really help much at all, to be spending that much on Passive?

Really, consider the points. You get it early game, that puts you down economically. You need to make up for it and by then your opponent's army/economy will have surpassed yours.

You get it late game:
There is no point. At that point, you will have enough miners and it's not necessary at all.

Well, passive income helps if the opponent has middle.

Sincerely, Fr0st.

_Ai_
02-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Even out the middle tower.

Usman
02-19-2013, 01:36 AM
Well, I think its completely useless, and I dont use it at any time, well the truth is that from the strated game I have never used passive income and I dont wanna waste money on that,

uberman
02-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Its better in terms of 'investment to return' to buy extra miners rather than passive income. And in those terms alone, 'no passive income is not worth it'.
But thats an incomplete picture and therefore misleading. (See the exampe of logic based on an incomplete picture below if thats not obvious).

The other factors are that
1. you dont have to put any population cost towards the return of both gold and mana, where as miners cost population and so reduce the military you can build (i.e. you get a bigger military if you invest in passive income 3 than if you invest the same costs in miners - which is huge once you reach population cap.)
2. you cant have the income killed or stopped if the enemy attacks your base. If he kills your miner, or forces you to garison, your miner is not as good an investment as you thought.
3. your income continues when the gold reserves have been used up. If your in a longer game, often the first line of gold is finished, which reduces the number of miners that can work gold - if both players are in the same state, having passive income may be a huge benifit as you have a better economy than him, and you have the population slots free too.

So the complete answer has to be there are some good reasons to buy passive income, and in some situations its a good idea - and if you do so, its better to buy all three than just 1 or 2 levels as the return is better. So; dont screw your early military or economy to rush for it, hiner hustle is a better early buy. But dont ignore it mid game if you have income to spare.

Cars are dangerous, many people die, so we need to drive as safely as possible. (true)
The more time we spend in cars, the more chance of an accident. (true)
The faster you drive, the less time you spend in the car. (true)

Therefore logic shows that the faster I drive the less chance theer is that I will have an accident. (true logically, but untrue in fact)

The conclusion is unsound as the logic is based on incomplete evidence - the fact that driving fast over a certain period of time increases the chance of a crash during that period of time has not been allowed for - showing that sound logic on incomplete facts produces unsound conclusions.

The roundabout is the most dangerous part of the trip
I should spend the least time possible in the most dangerous part of the trip

Therefore I should attain maximum speed on the roundabout

Triss
02-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Passive income are good, except it's first level when it sucks.
Info on getting resources:

Middle Tower: 2 Miners gone to gold.
Miner's Hustle: 1.5x production of your miners
Passive Gold Income 1: 0.5x a miner
Passive Gold Income 2: 1.0x a miner
Passive Gold Income 3: 2.0x a miner

_Ai_
02-19-2013, 07:06 AM
So, in ascending order, which should I research first?

DragonFrost
02-19-2013, 07:14 AM
Get middle tower. Then get passive INCOME!!!!

Usman
02-19-2013, 07:34 AM
Get middle tower. Then get passive INCOME!!!!
Ha!,
why?
Its rally useless with that if u have miners more and high economically?

Triss
02-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Ha!,
why?
Its rally useless with that if u have miners more and high economically?
Resources needed to passive income 3= 300 Gold 300 Mana.
2x Miner's cost= 300 Gold.
Although it's costlier by 300 Mana, it still have an advantage of no pops effect.

_Ai_
02-19-2013, 07:41 AM
But takes time for it to take effect.

Azxc
02-19-2013, 07:56 AM
Resources needed to passive income 3= 300 Gold 300 Mana.
2x Miner's cost= 300 Gold.
Although it's costlier by 300 Mana, it still have an advantage of no pops effect.

Passive gold level 3 required: 60 seconds
2 miners required: 16 seconds....

_Ai_
02-19-2013, 07:58 AM
Yeah, that was what I was concerned about.