PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Hello guys. I'm new to the game and the forum but I have encountered a problem and that's why I'm asking. I'm trying to link my SE account with Facebook so I can invite some friends, but I can't seem to be able to do it. It is kinda weird. Once on facebook, you can't log into your own account, you must go to the main SE page, log on there, and THEN Link to facebook in your profile WITH the game open on facebook, then refresh the facebook for the game to load I guess. But nothing happens when I press the link to facebook. I cant seem to be able to make it work. Even once when it seemed to have accepted he link, I refreshed the facebook page for the game to access my account but it would still ask me to link the account to facebook.

Anyways, its really weird and I was hoping someone could help me out with this.

Thanks

Dakeras

ShadowyWhisper
02-18-2013, 04:01 PM
You need to go to your email and make sure it's the same as your email for Facebook.

Tecness2
02-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Someone confusing.
So, you're logged into the game using the standard way.
You're trying to link the game to your Facebook account but it's not working.
What happens when you push the "link to facebook" button?

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Well sometimes there is a little popup window that appears and its to log into facebook. I assumed that was the "Linking" it was talking about, so I refresh the facebook page with the game loaded like it says to, but then it does not go to my account, only the same thing asking me to register a new account or if I already have an existing account, to link it from the main game. Which is where I left off..... But also sometimes, When I click "Link to facebook" from my profile, nothing at all hapens and so I can't progress anyways. I really don't understand.

Tecness2
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Don't refresh the page.
Press the button, log into your facebook using the little popup window, then press "Existing account"
Then tell me what happens.

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Ok. So with only the SE account open, I pres "Link with Facebook".

Signing in from there to my facebook, closes the pop-up window and nothing else happens. If I then proceed to open Facebook with my game on it, the accounts are not linked at all. Pressing "Already have an existing account?" Gives me the 4 steps of signing-in, linking to facebook from the profile and then refreshing the current page. But that's where the problem is, it wont link the accounts together and does not seem to work at all.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi,

Dakeras. What is your username within the game.

If your username is Dakeras. I have checked for facebook links with that username and none exist. This suggests the issue is happening at the point when you try to link the accounts. Try deleting your web browser cache before retrying.

-Brock

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
This is still not working. It is as if Linking the accounts does not work what so ever because even if the pop up window shows up from my profile and I open my facebook from there, opening the SE app only gets me to the page saying I need an account to play or that If I already have one, that I am to link the 2 accounts from the profile..... Its like a mouse on the spinning wheel, no matter how much he is told to run, he will always get off in the same place in his cage and not advance what so ever.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 04:51 PM
This is still not working. It is as if Linking the accounts does not work what so ever because even if the pop up window shows up from my profile and I open my facebook from there, opening the SE app only gets me to the page saying I need an account to play or that If I already have one, that I am to link the 2 accounts from the profile..... Its like a mouse on the spinning wheel, no matter how much he is told to run, he will always get off in the same place in his cage and not advance what so ever.

Can you provide a screen shot of what happens after you set up the facebook link on stickempires.com/play

Does it say that the process was successful?

-Brock

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Step 1: Recognize what to do

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/Gabriel_Pouliot/Step1ofSEonfacebook_zps4bb1bd13.png

Step 2: Do what they say to do

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/Gabriel_Pouliot/Step2onSELink_zps743ba6ba.png

Ste 3: Refresh Facebook page like they said and profit...? No. It gives same page as before I linked the 2 accounts together from my profile.

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/Gabriel_Pouliot/Step3doesnotwork_zpsf6d4ae4b.png

Hope this post works.

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
I tried to put screenshots but I seem to be unsuccessful. Once I set up the link to facebook from the little pop up from my profile, I refresh the page but nothing hapens, does not log me into the account nor does it say if it was succesfull. It only puts me back to the page that they want me to create an account or to follow the 4 steps to link from an existing one.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 06:22 PM
I tried to put screenshots but I seem to be unsuccessful. Once I set up the link to facebook from the little pop up from my profile, I refresh the page but nothing hapens, does not log me into the account nor does it say if it was succesfull. It only puts me back to the page that they want me to create an account or to follow the 4 steps to link from an existing one.

Hey,

I see the images.

You didn't provide a screenshot of the screen I wanted to see.

After you link the profiles. From within the profile screen you should see a message confirming its success.

Did you see this?

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 06:55 PM
No. I see no such message. Nothing pops up, nothing is said. The pop up screen for Facebook log-in disappears and nothing happens.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Hey,

This is revealing. It is possible something is wrong on the server side then. I will investigate right now.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
No. I see no such message. Nothing pops up, nothing is said. The pop up screen for Facebook log-in disappears and nothing happens.

If you are unsure where the message should be (it isn't a popup), the message is on the right menu (with change email and password), but at the bottom. It should either say: link to Facebook (means you aren't linked yet), or remove link to Facebook (means you are connected to Facebook), with the profile picture of your Facebook account.

Hope that helped, Fr0st.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:02 PM
I found an issue that would cause you not to get an error message. I will put this online tomorrow.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:03 PM
It is possible you already your facebook account connected to some other account. This would cause you to have an error.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
You have helped me fix the problem :). Sorry for the triple post. There was a bug in the connection setting code for users who already have their accounts connected and wish to reconnect to another Empires account.
I will upload this fix first thing in the morning.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:05 PM
It is possible you already your facebook account connected to some other account. This would cause you to have an error.

I thought the stick empires account could only connect to a Facebook account with the same email?

Sincerely, Fr0st.

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Frost. Right underneath the change email and password there is the "Link to facebook". I have had the pop up to link to facebook many times now and and Linked the 2 accounts together many, many many times now trying to make it work but it still says "Link to Facebook" and not "Unlink to facebook" or something like that. It just seems to not want to work at all. My friend actually managed to link the 2 together when he first signed in from the facebook, but he is unfortunately not in my friend list and I did not get the little coin benefits either. It would be weird that my account or facebook would be connected to some other accounts though. I'm sure I did no make a mistake with it. It just seems like a bug to me.

Dakeras
02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Ok thank you a lot Brock for your help. I will tell you tomorrow then if it works or not in this post to let you all know I guess.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Frost. Right underneath the change email and password there is the "Link to facebook". I have had the pop up to link to facebook many times now and and Linked the 2 accounts together many, many many times now trying to make it work but it still says "Link to Facebook" and not "Unlink to facebook" or something like that. It just seems to not want to work at all. My friend actually managed to link the 2 together when he first signed in from the facebook, but he is unfortunately not in my friend list and I did not get the little coin benefits either. It would be weird that my account or facebook would be connected to some other accounts though. I'm sure I did no make a mistake with it. It just seems like a bug to me.

Weird. I suppose Brock is right and it is a server problem (although I have no idea why some people can link and some cannot).

Sincerely, Fr0st.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:17 PM
The issue is now resolved. Just wait for me to update the server in the morning.

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:23 PM
The issue is now resolved. Just wait for me to update the server in the morning.

That was fast? Is there any chance you found out why I could not play Stick Empires. I have cleared cookies and cache, used different browsers, used different computers, used different Stick Empires accounts. The only thing I can think of is my IP...

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
You can't play on Facebook? or on stickempires.com/play

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
You can't play on Facebook? or on stickempires.com/play

Oops. Forgot to mention, I have tried on both Facebook and stickempires.com/play. And both do not work.

Sincerely, Fr0st.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 07:33 PM
oh. What was the issue again?

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
oh. What was the issue again?

I cannot play Stick Empires. There are many problems: sometimes, the countdown timer (screen where you select empire) goes down to 0 and stops (doesn't go back to lobby or to map screen) and then I have to refresh. Another thing that happens is that the game is stuck at the map screen until I have to refresh. Also, if the game starts, it freezes completely. As in, no buttons work, mouse doesn't work, game doesn't move, etc. another bug is that the same thing happens with replays (it starts the battle and freezes).

I am certain that it is not someone trolling with me, as I tried to fight myself (using two accounts).

Sincerely, Fr0st.

brockemon
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
The quickest way to find out what is going wrong is for you to install a debug version of flash. When the error occurs it will pop up with an error message.

It is hard for me to diagnose this as it never happens to me or anyone at the office.

-Brock

DragonFrost
02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
The quickest way to find out what is going wrong is for you to install a debug version of flash. When the error occurs it will pop up with an error message.

It is hard for me to diagnose this as it never happens to me or anyone at the office.

-Brock

Alright, thank you.

Sincerely, Fr0st.

Dakeras
02-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Well here we are a new day and Ive tried once more to connect. Nothing more happens and everything is the same. I get the pop up to sign into Facebook if I have not done yet but then I don't get a confirmation and it still asks me to "Link" inmy profile page as if I did not do it yet.

brockemon
02-19-2013, 01:50 PM
Hey,

Sorry I haven't uploaded yet. We are adding some more stuff for the patch. I try to only update once a day if possible as it kicks people offline.

-Brock

brockemon
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
This issue is now resolved. With Dakeras help we determined that the game could not connect to Facebook while using Firefox. This was fixed today.