PDA

View Full Version : super lag

isgood
02-18-2013, 06:16 PM
When i fell down to 1500 there was A LOT of people just lagging, no lag forfiet, and they are always the same people. The units freeze every 2 seconds and i can't micro or move my units. In the beginning i try to put my miners to gold? but they go to mana? sometimes they even try to walk to the other side of the map? And now i fell down to 1400 because of laggers. There has to be a patch soon

FailingAtFailing
02-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Maybe the servers need a hardware upgrade. But they need money for that. And they get money through.....

Galeforce
02-18-2013, 07:52 PM
If I had to take a guess at it, the servers have more players around that ranking playing at the time. 1500 is typically pretty low, so a lot of players are going to be around that area, compared to 2000+ players.

uberman
02-18-2013, 10:44 PM
If I had to take a guess at it, the servers have more players around that ranking playing at the time. 1500 is typically pretty low, so a lot of players are going to be around that area, compared to 2000+ players.

Thats true, there will be many 1500-ish players, and a handfull of 2k players who are not all on at the same time.
But, would the number of 1500 players slow the server for just the 1500 players? wouldnt it be slow for all players (including 2k players) if the server was heavily loaded (by lots of 1500-ish players)?

Assuming thats the case, I think it more likely that many of the 1500 players lag because of either their internet or their hardware, and struggle to get higher ranking due to lgging out and losing more games. If your a 2k player, you must have decent hardware and decent connection, otherwise you'd lagg out a lot, lose ranking and not be a 2k player.